PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone, please post your questions!

Dr. Potter
January 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am Dr. Daniel Potter. As many of you know, I have been a strong advocate and practitioner of gender selection for more than 10 years. My goal is to help spread truth and disspell many of the myths regarding gender selection. I am the Medical Director for HRC Fertility in Laguna Hills, CA. I also serve as the medical director for MicroSort West and laboratory director for Gene Security Network. I am pleased to offer free consultations to all Dream Members and will additionally offer special pricing for Dream Member as well. I look forward to your questions, which may be post in the Ask a doc section. I will be joined on the boards by Lori Whelan, my IVF coordinator as well as Cindy Jansen (nurse practioner and MicroSort coordinator).

Chunky Monkey
February 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM
Hi Dr. Potter! Do you offer Mini-IVF for GS, as it has come up a few times on the boards recently? I know it's a "numbers game," but I have heard that with less stimulation, you usually get less embryos of higher quality. Is there any truth to this? I would love to have 2 strong female embryos and not have any leftover. I know I'm in the huge minority here :) Also, are you currently running any discount cycle specials or will you be running any in the near future? Thanks so much!

Dr. Potter
February 2nd, 2011, 01:31 AM
Hi Dr. Potter! Do you offer Mini-IVF for GS, as it has come up a few times on the boards recently? I know it's a "numbers game," but I have heard that with less stimulation, you usually get less embryos of higher quality. Is there any truth to this? I would love to have 2 strong female embryos and not have any leftover. I know I'm in the huge minority here :) Also, are you currently running any discount cycle specials or will you be running any in the near future? Thanks so much!We do offer mini-IVF for gender selection. It is still probably more cost effective for most patients to do regular IVF though. There may be some truth to getting better quality with less stim meds. There will be some specials coming up possibly in the spring but everyone will get access to this pricing based on when they cycle if they have already paid. The idea candidate for mini-IVF would be a young patient that did not have huge travel expenses to get here.

Chunky Monkey
February 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Thank you for your response! We would go for it tomorrow if we didn't have the concern with leftover embryos. I look forward to hearing about the upcoming specials!

princess-nash
March 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Hello Dr Potter i'm hoping to cycle with you june-july 2011. I have been corresponding with Tracey who at first was quick and helpful in answering my question but hasn't replied to the last few emails I have sent over the weeks. I have also contacted Nancy too. I am 25 and DH is 29. What are many chances of IVF/PGD working for me to have twin girls. I have 3 boys already. Can you tell me what pre testing I need to do here in the UK and where to send them upon completion. Also I need to arrange a consultation with you as I am adamant that I will only cycle with you lol. Help me please. Can someone please contact me with the prices, i am hoping for a special offer as i am a dream member.

HRC 2011 IVF/PGD :pray::ttcgirl:

Regrow
March 7th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Hi Dr Potter could you please look at my pre-testing results and let me know what you think. I have always had irregular periods, even when I am taking the BCP my periods can be very very light or I don't get one at all. My results on Day 3 came back as follows E2 150, LH 5, Progesterone 0.9, FSH 3, and Prolactin 134, however my ultrasound results on Day 3 there were no follicles to be seen. My sons were both conceived through Clomid/IUI successful on the first attempt with my first son aged 4, and the second attempt with my second son aged 17 months. I am nearly 36. I have been on the BCP since December 2009, and my pre-testing was done whilst taking the BCP. Thank you.

Dr. Potter
May 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hi Dr Potter could you please look at my pre-testing results and let me know what you think. I have always had irregular periods, even when I am taking the BCP my periods can be very very light or I don't get one at all. My results on Day 3 came back as follows E2 150, LH 5, Progesterone 0.9, FSH 3, and Prolactin 134, however my ultrasound results on Day 3 there were no follicles to be seen. My sons were both conceived through Clomid/IUI successful on the first attempt with my first son aged 4, and the second attempt with my second son aged 17 months. I am nearly 36. I have been on the BCP since December 2009, and my pre-testing was done whilst taking the BCP. Thank you.Looks like PCOS to me (despite the ultrasound findings). I would recommend that you have a test to look for insulin resistance. It is possible that you will need metformin to lower your insulin levels and become ovulatory.