PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss O?

Kiara
March 4th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hi! I have been testing with ovulation tests for several days in a row now and they haven't become positive yet. The test line has been strong (most of the time) but not positive. Yesterday I tested twicen and it was like before, strong but not positive. Today i noticed that i have all the signs of o(open cervix, ewcm, some pain). But around 11 this morning it still was not positive and in the evening the test line was very faint. Is it possible that i ovulated in the night and because of that the tests come back negative? Or is it possible to ovulate even though the tests show negative? I just don't understand why my body says that I was ovulating but the test says no.:think:

Cinss
March 5th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Are these tests reliable? Have you seen a positive result on one of them before? Or is this your first cycle using them? I would continue using them until you definatly see a fade away, and definatly DTD if you have high open cervix and EWCM. Are you recording temps too?

Kiara
March 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Are these tests reliable? Have you seen a positive result on one of them before? Or is this your first cycle using them? I would continue using them until you definatly see a fade away, and definatly DTD if you have high open cervix and EWCM. Are you recording temps too?

Thanks for your answer! Yes I have used them before nd they have been positive all the other months. No, im not recording temps. But i think that would be better than the tests:-)

Cinss
March 5th, 2012, 05:07 PM
It is much easier to confirm O if you are recording temps as well as using OPKs, you see the sudden temp rise after you did O, so there is no doubt. Have a look at some of the charts on FertilityFriend and you will see what i mean. But there is still a chance you caught the egg anyway, so good luck :)

Wishing4Princess
March 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
It is much easier to confirm O if you are recording temps as well as using OPKs, you see the sudden temp rise after you did O, so there is no doubt. Have a look at some of the charts on FertilityFriend and you will see what i mean. But there is still a chance you caught the egg anyway, so good luck :)

I know alot of ladies talk about temping to determine that ov has passed, but for me it doesn't work. I mean it's a different number EVERY DAY...what do you really look for? I temped las cycle and here's what it looked like:

CD 4--97.79
CD 5--97.27
CD 6--97.21
CD 7--97.54
CD 8--97.29
CD 9--97.46
CD10--97.31
CD11--97.36
CD12--97.36 (got smiley face on CB OV prediction kit)
CD13--97.57
CD14--97.27

as you can see none of the days relate, and they were all AM temps between 6:30-7:00

this cycle I have started taking SP and Vitex, did not start temping, since I am not sure what I'm looking for. please explain:). thanks!

Kiara
March 8th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I know alot of ladies talk about temping to determine that ov has passed, but for me it doesn't work. I mean it's a different number EVERY DAY...what do you really look for? I temped las cycle and here's what it looked like:

CD 4--97.79
CD 5--97.27
CD 6--97.21
CD 7--97.54
CD 8--97.29
CD 9--97.46
CD10--97.31
CD11--97.36
CD13--97.57
CD14--97.27

as you can see none of the days relate, and they were all AM temps between 6:30-7:00

this cycle I have started taking SP and Vitex, did not start temping, since I am not sure what I'm looking for. please explain:). thanks!

Yes that seems strange! Hope someone can explain! I would like to know too:-)

Cinss
March 8th, 2012, 04:21 PM

CD 4--97.79
CD 5--97.27
CD 6--97.21
CD 7--97.54
CD 8--97.29
CD 9--97.46
CD10--97.31
CD11--97.36
CD13--97.57
CD14--97.27

Hi Wishing - So i see you got your first +OPK on CD12, that would mean you would O that day, the next day, or the day after that (cd12, cd13, cd14) Did you stop taking temps after cd14? If you saw a significant rise in temp on cd15, you would have known for sure you Od cd14.

Please go to the FertilityFriend website and read up on charting, there is so much helpful information there, you can even do a game where you try to pinpoint O on other peoples charts, i learned so much just doing that.

It is important to take temps at the same time each day, worthwhile setting an alarm on your phone or whatever to remind you.

Kiara
March 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
My opk is positive today, or almost atleast. And I have all the other signs of o. The only strange thing is that I did two pregnancy test and they show really faint (super faint) positive. I don't know what to believe. I don't think i'm pregnant I would think O . But it is just so strange..

atomic sagebrush
March 11th, 2012, 01:16 PM
AAA that means you're pregnant Kiara!! OPK can detect pregnancy, but pg tests cannot detect ovulation. IF you got a positive pg test, you're preggo!!!!!!

Wishing4Princess
March 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
CInss, sorry I just noticed you replied to my question. unfortunately I stopped tempting on CD 14. but when do you recommend I start, CD 1-CD 15 or entire cycle?

Cinss
March 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM
From your last lot of temps i am going to assume you Od on CD 14 or maybe a few days after that. So if i was you i would start temping around CD5, or even better would be the day after AF, and keep temping every day untill +pg test, or AF.

Wishing4Princess
March 14th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ok, sounds good. I will give it one more try. Thank you:)