PDA

View Full Version : ANY NEWS ON BAN BEING LIFTED IN AUSTRALIA YET?

twins2
March 5th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Hi guys,

Has anyone heard anything about the gender selection ban being lifted in Australia yet, this has been dragging on for such a long time, I thought we might be lucky this year but unfortunately by the looks of it I dont think they will ever make it legal again regardless of all the petitions and signatures. What does everyone else think about this?

twins2

Bambina
March 5th, 2012, 08:23 AM
All the doctors I've spoken to say that it won't happen in the near future, even thought they want it to. Bloody ethics committee!

twins2
March 5th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for that. I think the ethics commitee need to review themselves, and yet pretty much everything else is becoming legal in Australia except Gender Selection.

glory
March 6th, 2012, 08:06 AM
It won't be being legalised anytime soon, apparently the new government is more opposed than the old government. Even if it is legalised, I have thought about this, being set up for full time GS, would take a while to get everything in place and sorted, a lot of mistakes etc... would be made in the beginning, it would be more beneficial to go somewhere that does it all the time.

Right now they have the ability to do GS, but only on a small scale.

jils04
March 6th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I will argue the cause for years to come, hopefully my kids will be able to balance their families one day !!