PDA

View Full Version : Just found this forum - hoping to re-connect!

TwoSweetGuys
March 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I gave up on the other site for a long time, was directed here today. I was hoping to run into some "old friends" from the PGD forum and see how everyone is doing! I will keep reading around. In the meantime, here's my update:

After a long, horrible, tedious, ridiculous 2 years, I'm currently on my last cycle of IVF / PGD ('m 37 now). The last round went so horribly (7 follicles but only 1 egg!) that my guilty-feeling doctor gave me a free round this time. You know you're responding poorly when that happens!! :-)

So this time we got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, then we batched it with the one little embryo from last time and sent to PGD. Results Saturday night: only one normal embryo out of all four, and it was a girl! Transferred it yesterday (already hatching) and now I'm just waiting for Saturday to test.

I am hopeful, but realistic too. I've only had 2 transfers out of all my cycles but both were BFN. You just never know what's going to happen! I stayed on the couch most of yesterday but did get up to do a few things, today I'm just going to take it easy but get back to cooking and moving around normally. The studies on bed rest are funny - it seems to make it even LESS likely to get pregnant (some of them), so who knows what's best anymore?!

This is our last cycle. We move overseas in July (Foreign Service) and I'm hoping to go with a baby on board. If not, we're either going to stick with our really wonderful family (my GD is only 10% of what it used to be, and totally livable - my boys are amazing and great fun as they get older (especially the 6 year-old)), or look into adoption from the Democratic Republic of Congo - my heart is drawn to Africa.

Again, it's great to find you all again and I can't wait to catch up!

jils04
March 5th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Thats lovely Twosweetguys. welcome and I remember you from IG.
Good luck on saturday, it only takes 1 and after all your efforts,I hope you're rewarded.
Otherwise your plan B's sound great too.

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Welcome! Glad you found us! Little different here- we have most people posting in the Member forum(the oldtimers you would recognize!). I'm glad you got a transfer and I really hope she sticks! Congrats!

purpledream
March 6th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Yes, I remember you, too. I'm formarly patienceforpurple and I'm back to cycling after two miscarriages-one from FET and one natural. I'm also about to start my last fresh cycle, so it's nerve-wrecking. Good luck and really hope this is for you!

TRL
March 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM
You have been through a lot. Good luck to you, it only takes one?

TwoSweetGuys
March 10th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I 100% can't believe it, but I tested positive this morning. Absolutely surreal. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure a darker test tomorrow will help make this more real, but for now I'm going to enjoy seeing two lines for the fist time in 5 years. This would mean so much for our family in so many ways. At least now I have hope. Thank you all for your welcome!!!!

Sarah

Flava
March 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Welcome here and congrats on your bfp!!!!!!!!!!!

michaela
March 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I remember you!! How exciting and CONGRATS!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRL
March 10th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Great news!

lisvna
March 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Wow! Congratulations im so happy for you!

onlythelonely
March 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Congrats

ELP
March 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Amazing news!!!!! Many congratulations:hug2:

stepbystep
March 10th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Congratulations!

Myloves
March 11th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Congrats!

Myloves
March 11th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I remember you from IG too :)

TwoSweetGuys
March 11th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Thank you SO MUCH ladies. I've been waiting for two years to be able to post this. The line was darker this morning so I feel a bit more reassured. Going for a beta tomorrow morning. I hope it's okay to update this thread, I'm just so excited and we haven't told anyone IRL yet (well, not TOO many people). :-) Thank you thank you!!!!

perrypop3
March 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I 100% can't believe it, but I tested positive this morning. Absolutely surreal. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure a darker test tomorrow will help make this more real, but for now I'm going to enjoy seeing two lines for the fist time in 5 years. This would mean so much for our family in so many ways. At least now I have hope. Thank you all for your welcome!!!!

Sarah

So excited for you!! Fantastic news, you so deserve it, you have been through so much! X

TwoSweetGuys
March 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Thank you so much everyone! I feel more relaxed today; was actually able to FOCUS on the taxes for an hour. I've been so scattered this cycle, so worried. I never imagined I'd have good news come from it. Now I have to keep myself from imagining what comes next, just in case she doesn't make it. This is all so hard!

Ashgirl
March 11th, 2012, 10:47 PM
TSG! Of course I remember you! :) I'm so glad to see this update on you. A HUGE congratulations to you!! :)

HopingForPigtails
March 11th, 2012, 11:27 PM
No way!!! That is such fabulous incredible news!! I am so keeping my fx for you!! Yay!!

I♥DKB?
March 12th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Congratulations. So happy for you. What a wonderful way to start Spring.

Whenever I read a success story it gives me so much hope.

Saw your post on the other site. Actually I didn't know this site existed until someone responded to your post. Hoping this site is more reliable. I always have trouble with the other one.

jils04
March 12th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Oh that is truly wonderful news. You've run a marathon and now its your turn finally to smile.
Congrats!!

TwoSweetGuys
March 12th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your kind words, especially being new to this site.

Forgive me for obsessing for a minute: today's test wasn't darker than yesterdays (a bit lighter, actually). It's there, it's still positive, but not STRONG like I wanted to see. Ugh. I'm going for my first beta today (I'm 8DP5DT) so I guess I'll have a better sense of how things are going after the second beta (Wednesday?) I don't know how I'm going to make it until then! Inch by inch, I guess, like I tell the kids: you can do anything if you take it inch by inch. Now I have to practice what I preach! Darnit. :-)

lisvna
March 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Good luck!!!

babynumber3
March 12th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Hi, I remember u too! I really hope ur beta doubles.... Try not to stress as I tcant be doing u any good....ur so brave to have ivf 7 times! U really deserve some good news now. Ps where did u have all ur treatments?

TwoSweetGuys
March 12th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks Babynumber3! I had my treatments at GW University in Washington, DC.

jils04
March 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Good luck today !!