PDA

View Full Version : Luveris and sperm sorting

Tinks
March 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Has anyone used Luveris in their cycle? It does not seem to be used very much, my RE wants me to try it for my high FSH.

Also, has anyone used any kind of sperm sorting and what was the result?
Thanks

MatildaMai
March 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I used it in my cycle with Dr Lin - see my siggie. Quality was terrible. If I had any normals that cycle it was the 1 XY I donated. My FSH was only 8 prior to that cycle (though it was falsely suppressed by very high e2).

My last cycle my FSH was up to 14 (again probably suppressed by high e2). Same dose of GonalF but added a course of DHEA and dropped the BCPs, luveris and diluted lupron and I had a MUCH better result.

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Is Luveris LH? If so, I used repronex, which is LH, and had a way better response than with FSH alone. For a first cycle, it is really hard to say what will or will not work. It's a learning process unfortunately.

Tinks
March 5th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Yes Luveris is LH, that's exactly what my doc said that you don't know how your body will respond until you try, even previously very fertile women respond poorly sometimes.

I guess it's just when you are spending so much money you want to make sure you are going to be taking what will give you the very best chance of success.

MatildaMai do you think the Luveris contributed to the poor quality of your eggs on your first cycle?

jils04
March 6th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Some women need LH for better quality and normally you don't know till you try.
In OZ, the RE's monitor LH thru the cycle and may notice a low or normal LH so at least you can identify if that may be an issue. Maybe your RE monitors it ?

MatildaMai
March 6th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I don't know Tinks. I suspect my good cycle at Genea was more to do with the 12wks of DHEA I took and the fact I dropped the BCPs and didn't suppress my ovary, rather than the fact I didn't take Luveris or Lupron. I do think I do better on less meds. I was a twin OHW my first cycle and all I took was 150 Gonal F. I only got 2 eggs but I got 2 babies from those 4 cell embryos. My US cycle I went up to 450 Gonal F as well as all the other drugs and the results were poor. But then I was also 3 years older. Last cycle I still took 425 Gonal F but dropped all the other stuff and did much better. It really is a case of trial and error to see what gets the best out of your ovaries.

Tinks
March 6th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Since Nov I have been taking 50 mg DHEA, 1200 mg CoQ-10 and 1000 mg of Glutathione per day, no caffeine, no soy, no alcohol but my FSH has not changed does that mean my egg quality will be no better? I feel like I am doing everything I can do. My '03 twins were conceived after one round of lowest dose of Clomid so I obviously responded well to that! I guess I have to trust my RE is giving me what she feels is the right dose and that she will monitor my LH levels.

Still waiting for AF so I can get my FSH checked to cycle this month.....