PDA

View Full Version : Is douching safe?

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM
good to know. I felt a little funky after douching. I was worried I would cause PID. I don't want that! The douches you can buy in the store are kinda crazy. I don't think I would ever use those.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 11:01 AM
yeah, I agree, I do think that douching before pregnancy is safe. The only way it could be harmful if is you use the entire bag and use force. It is the force that causes problems. The amount of douche we are using to sway is sooo small. I only usd .15 mL at a time and did a 4 to 1 ratio. Very mild. I did have some burning for a few days I'm sure because of the lime, but I was fine, it went away. So thank you for posting this! :)

Did you find out any info on if TBM is safe? I'm sure this is safe also. I would probably just use it with a cut off attempt, not going to try for O + 12, so it wouldn't be around O time anyway

atomic sagebrush
January 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yes, I believe TBM to be safe for the same reasons I believe douching is safe.

I'm not certain that the force is the issue, more that repeatedly douching over a long time leads to scarring and infection that then in turn raises the odds of tubal pregnancy. I would certainly NOT use any kind of force when douching, regardless!!!

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM
gotcha, thanks atomic! :)