PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who successfully swayed pink...

sweetpea
March 7th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Hi, ladies! :wave:

For those of you who swayed pink and are indeed expecting a girl, I wanted to ask you a question about your weight loss and your weight when you conceived, if you don't mind. I'm not asking actual numbers (unless you'd like to share!), but I'm wondering if you:

1- Were at your all-time lowest adult weight
2- Were at your lowest conception weight, but not your lowest adult weight
3- Had lost a lot of weight, but around the same weight at conception as your other children
4- Had lost a lot of weight before conceiving, but definitely could have lost some more/were at a higher conception weight than previous conceptions
5- Had only lost a little bit of weight: Were still overweight, but lost only a tiny bit before conceiving
6- Had only lost a little bit of weight: Were very slim, and only lost a tiny bit before conceiving
7- Other

I hope I covered all bases in my above options, but if not, feel free to choose choice 7- Other, and explain your situation, if you wish.

I would be very interested to know about your weight loss/conception weight, as I'm struggling to lose quite a bit of weight before we start swaying. I haven't decided yet at what point in my weight loss I'd like to start TTC (whether it be after a large amount of weight loss but still more to lose, or wait until my thinnest adult weight).

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to read what you girls have done, so if you don't mind sharing, then please do! :)

Thanks!! :)

Coccinelle33
March 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM
1- Were at your all-time lowest adult weight
No I weighed less with my first 2 children (boys).

2- Were at your lowest conception weight, but not your lowest adult weight
No.

3- Had lost a lot of weight, but around the same weight at conception as your other children
No.

4- Had lost a lot of weight before conceiving, but definitely could have lost some more/were at a higher conception weight than previous conceptions
I had been losing weight. My kids were close in age. I lost about 11 pounds in 8 months.

............. I was already pretty small. I had a few pounds to lose though. I stopped eating sugar and things like chips. I was on the french gender diet. I still weighed more than I did with my boys but I never lost any weight before conceiving them. I stayed my same weight.

sweetpea
March 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you for this info, mommyduke! It gives me hope that I may be successful, just like you were, even if I don't make it down to my lowest adult weight or even my lowest conception weight. Thanks! :)

zanacal
March 8th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I was at my lowest adult weight more or less - I remember being around 7lbs heavier when I was 18 but I went to WW and lost some, so I have definitely dipped below the weight I conceived at but only in very early adulthood and not for very long! I was definitely at my lowest pre-conception weight (though I was only a few pounds heavier with DS3) but it's the only time I was still losing when I got a BFP - the other times I gave up on the diet (if I was on one!) as soon as I knew we were trying to get pregnant!!

lobella2
March 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I was not at my lowest adult weight, but I was at my lowest conception weight, which was only a few pounds lighter than with my DS. I did not lose a lot of weight, probably about 10 pounds over a few months. By the 3rd month, when I conceived, I was no longer losing just maintaining. I am thin so I don't think I could have lost anymore.

Inglewood
March 9th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I was not at my lowest adult or conception weight, with ds1 I was around 10 stone, ds2 11st 7lbs (had put on 10lbs on honeymoon in thailand) and this pg was 11 stone, so in the middle this time. My lowest Adult weight was prob just before I had ds1 I weighed aound 9st 7lbs for years.

I was however, almost 13stone in March last year (my heaviest ever), went on IG girl diet and lost 2 stone in 3mths before falling pg. Have always put about half a stone on in the past just before falling pg, so this was the first time I LOST weight then got pg.

Hope that helps? x

jennibel
March 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
This is interesting and gives me hope. I have been gradually becoming more restrictive on the diet since JAn and have lost 5lbs, I am currently 9 st 13 but I was 10 st 4. I will be much stricter from next week when I will be 6 weeks from ttc. I am just hoping I continue to lose weight as I do struggle to get down lower than 9 st 13 no matter how little I eat. But I hope if I lose weight full stop, even if it is not like 2 stone of something that the change in condition and losing weight itself will help me. I was definately gaining when I conceived the boys I just thought 'well I am going to get pg & gain weight anyway' I thought I could get away with eating the extra. I was about 10 st 2 when I conceived them both x

NewYorkmom
March 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I was not at my lowest conception weight when I got pregnant with my daughter. I had just lost 10lbs before I got pregnant with her. I was not swaying but dieting and running.

DS1- 130lbs ( size 4) I was gaining weight because I knew we were going to start trying.
DD- 143lbs (size 8) Trying to loose weight from previous pregnancy.
DS2-138(size 6) I had gained a few pounds that month from vacation.

zanacal
March 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
This thread is really interesting!

sweetpea
March 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Thank you all so much for your replies! :happy:

This thread really is so interesting! It's very neat to see the overall trends of people losing weight/gaining weight before conceiving. For me, I had lost some weight before each of my pregnancies, but then I gained some weight back with each one while TTC - and ended up with two boys. I was also not at my lowest adult weight with either one (in fact, I was probably a touch overweight with DS1 and at a "normal" weight with DS2 - but could have really stood to lose a couple pounds).

Thanks again for your replies, ladies! Keep 'em coming! :happy:

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I know this wasn't directed at me but I had gained 3 lbs before 3 of my 4 boys and was holding steady a bit overweight with my other one.

Updated - With my girl I was at my lowest conception weight and had just lost 3 lbs.

prayforprincess
March 10th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I had actually gained 10 lbs. in the few months prior to conceiving ds2 & ds3.
This will be the 1st pregnancy where I lost weight in the months prior to conceiving -- hope it works!!

sweetpea
March 11th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Atomic (and others!), feel free to join in on this conversation, even if you feel the OP didn't exactly apply to you - the more information, the better! :agree:

sweetsister
March 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Doesnt apply to me either...yet:bigsmile: but with my first ds i was very thin but gaining weight and second ds had lost wieght but gained a few previously so pretty much gained with both..this time im still losing so watch this space:pray:

Irishmom
March 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Very interesting thread. Thanks.;)

sweetpea
April 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I just came back here to re-read everyone's replies, and I'm so glad I did. I had been struggling with my diet a bit last month, but things are going much better this month, and I'm still losing weight (slow and steady - but I WILL get there! ;) ) I love reading the common thread of people gaining weight prior to conception and having mostly boys, and losing weight prior to conception and having mostly girls. It's very encouraging to hear! :agree: Thank you! :)

sweetpea
April 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
And a question for Atomic, too, if you're still here and reading this thread - whenever I have a large amount of weight to lose (as in, more than 10 or 20 pounds) and I'm working on losing the weight over the course of several months, I tend to have a good amount of "cheats" along the way. Usually, I'm very strict with my diet for a few weeks, then completely fall off the wagon and have a cheat weekend (yup, not even a cheat day, more like a cheat weekend :( ), and then get right back on with a fresh start the following Monday. Thus, my weight loss, if looking at it as a line on a graph, always goes up and down, up and down...with an overall trend of going down (does that make sense?). I mean, I do always successfully lose the weight, it's just that it's not a straight and narrow line downward, if that makes sense. Is this okay when swaying pink? Obviously, I would NOT do this during my attempt month (or at least my O week in my attempt month), but is this going to hinder my sway any? Even with several cheat days here and there, but still losing lots of weight by making sure that at least 85-90% of the time I'm actually dieting...is this okay for swaying pink?

And to others....have you ever been this way, too? Have you been able to successfully sway pink with a weight loss pattern similar to mine? I can be strict on a diet for sure, but I am not someone who can "swear off" all bad foods until I reach my goal weight. KWIM?

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Definitely Option 1 for me - I was at the lowest weight I'd been pretty much since I'd hit puberty! I lost nearly 25 lbs on the LE diet, and I was only 130 lbs to begin with.

(Oops - edited to change my numbers because I'm apparently brain dead today :oops:)

sweetpea
April 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Definitely Option 1 for me - I was at the lowest weight I'd been pretty much since I'd hit puberty! I lost nearly 30 lbs on the LE diet, and I was only 138 lbs to begin with.
Wow, Mocha! 30 pounds! That's great! :agree: I saw a pic of you on the boards here with your cute lil' bump and noticed how TINY you are! I didn't know you had lost that much weight. How long did it take you to lose those 30 pounds, and did you lose it all just from doing the LE diet?

Congrats again on your :DD: !!

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Right after I wrote those numbers I realised I was wrong. 138 is what I weigh NOW - it's been so long since I started the LE diet that I was having trouble remembering what I weighed before I started. Looking back, I think I started at 130 lbs. I lost about 15 lbs in my first month on the diet last summer since I wasn't being very careful about how many calories I was eating and wasn't having nearly enough. By the time I got my first BFP in September I was down to 109 I think - that was after being on the diet for about 4 months.

I regained a lot of weight during my brief pregnancy, then went on the LE diet again immediately after having my m/c, making sure this time to watch my calories since my body was already depleted from the m/c. I had no access to a scale the week of O because I was traveling, but I was 115 the week before O, and when I weighed myself about a week after O the scale kept telling me I was 100lbs! I still don't believe that weight was accurate - I think I was more like 105-110 lbs around the time of O.

And yes, I was skinny. Last September I had to buy a dress for a wedding and I needed a Size 00! It was shocking for me, really. Believe me, though, I've been piling the weight back on ever since I got my BFP.

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I think cheats are fine and in fact may help you stick to the overall diet without going insane. If yuo look at moms who conceive mostly girls, they aren't "good" all the time, they occasionally attend a wedding or go to a steakhouse or whatever, it's just that most of the time, they're maybe a bit more diet conscious and concerned about keeping weight off than we boy moms are.

sweetpea
April 18th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Right after I wrote those numbers I realised I was wrong. 138 is what I weigh NOW - it's been so long since I started the LE diet that I was having trouble remembering what I weighed before I started. Looking back, I think I started at 130 lbs. I lost about 15 lbs in my first month on the diet last summer since I wasn't being very careful about how many calories I was eating and wasn't having nearly enough. By the time I got my first BFP in September I was down to 109 I think - that was after being on the diet for about 4 months.
Wow, 15 pounds in one month - that's awesome! I wish I could lose that much in one month on the LE Diet. I still have about 40 more pounds to lose before swaying, but I am so ready to just start trying NOW, lol. ;)

I regained a lot of weight during my brief pregnancy, then went on the LE diet again immediately after having my m/c, making sure this time to watch my calories since my body was already depleted from the m/c. I had no access to a scale the week of O because I was traveling, but I was 115 the week before O, and when I weighed myself about a week after O the scale kept telling me I was 100lbs! I still don't believe that weight was accurate - I think I was more like 105-110 lbs around the time of O.

And yes, I was skinny. Last September I had to buy a dress for a wedding and I needed a Size 00! It was shocking for me, really. Believe me, though, I've been piling the weight back on ever since I got my BFP.
Wow, the LE Diet really seems to agree with you! :agree: Good job on the weight loss, both times (but so sorry to hear you lost the first little bub :( ). Do you mind me asking what your diet was like? To lose so much weight so quickly, you were obviously doing something right! ;)

I'm so sure that I'll be piling the pounds back on once I get my BFP, too. But that's okay by me - it's the only time I truly don't mind gaining weight! :)

sweetpea
April 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I think cheats are fine and in fact may help you stick to the overall diet without going insane. If yuo look at moms who conceive mostly girls, they aren't "good" all the time, they occasionally attend a wedding or go to a steakhouse or whatever, it's just that most of the time, they're maybe a bit more diet conscious and concerned about keeping weight off than we boy moms are.
Oh, that's so good to hear. Yeah, I have NEVER been able to just lose, lose, lose without any little cheats and regaining a bit of weight here and there along the way. As long as the overall trend is that my weight is consistently going in a downward motion, that's good, right? And of course, I wouldn't want to cheat and gain a couple pounds the week of O, but in general, an "up-down-up-down" weight loss with an overall trend of going DOWN is okay?

Ribbons
April 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Oh, that's so good to hear. Yeah, I have NEVER been able to just lose, lose, lose without any little cheats and regaining a bit of weight here and there along the way. As long as the overall trend is that my weight is consistently going in a downward motion, that's good, right? And of course, I wouldn't want to cheat and gain a couple pounds the week of O, but in general, an "up-down-up-down" weight loss with an overall trend of going DOWN is okay?

This is me too :) you should have seen me stuff my piggy face on my birthday 4/8... I had really good intentions too... bad, bad wine! and roast chicken (I think I ate about half of it, including the yummy skin), and creamy mashed potatoes, and cheese, and chocolate LOL - I totally gained 1.5 POUNDS in 1 meal, I'm serious!! Just now worked that all off :)

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM
The only reason I lost so much weight so quickly is that in the beginning I was finding it so hard to keep my calories up while not getting too much protein or sodium. I was regularly eating less than 1000 calories per day and I felt like crap - dizzy spells, mood swings, etc. I really regretted not taking atomic's advice to have a minimum of 1500 calories because once my body got used to so few, I was worried any increase would make me GAIN weight. I would warn anyone away from doing it that way.

Eventually I did find a balance and slowly upped my calories. I started adding empty calories like candy which helped too. I llearned there's no need to starve on the LE diet.

After my m/c I was much more careful to eat a minimum of 1500 calories (usually closer to 1800) and I felt soooo much better than the first time on the diet.

sweetpea
April 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
This is me too :) you should have seen me stuff my piggy face on my birthday 4/8... I had really good intentions too... bad, bad wine! and roast chicken (I think I ate about half of it, including the yummy skin), and creamy mashed potatoes, and cheese, and chocolate LOL - I totally gained 1.5 POUNDS in 1 meal, I'm serious!! Just now worked that all off :)
Oh, this is really good to hear because my 30th birthday is on 5/4 and I plan on having a MAJOR pig-out weekend! :oops: Actually, hubby is planning the festivities that weekend, so I'm not 100% sure what we're doing, but I know it's going to involve a lot of food, all weekend long. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to completely indulge, or try to restrain myself a little bit. I do plan on getting back on the LE Diet first thing Monday morning, though. :agree: I cringe to think of what the scale is going to read on that Monday morning, so I think I will just skip the scale the entire week following my birthday weekend and weigh-in the Monday after that, hee hee! :) Hey - you only turn 30 once, right?! :agree:

Glad to hear you had an awesome birthday! And that food sounds so YUM!! :)

sweetpea
April 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
The only reason I lost so much weight so quickly is that in the beginning I was finding it so hard to keep my calories up while not getting too much protein or sodium. I was regularly eating less than 1000 calories per day and I felt like crap - dizzy spells, mood swings, etc. I really regretted not taking atomic's advice to have a minimum of 1500 calories because once my body got used to so few, I was worried any increase would make me GAIN weight. I would warn anyone away from doing it that way.

Eventually I did find a balance and slowly upped my calories. I started adding empty calories like candy which helped too. I llearned there's no need to starve on the LE diet.

After my m/c I was much more careful to eat a minimum of 1500 calories (usually closer to 1800) and I felt soooo much better than the first time on the diet.
That is really great advice, Mocha! :agree: I have done that before too, and you quickly realize that you've painted yourself into a corner. I'm so glad you were able to do it the "right" way the second time around, still lost weight, and felt a lot better. :) AND got your girl!!! :) :) :)

Ribbons
April 18th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Sweetpea - ESPECIALLY since you're turning 30! (and I turned 35) - and your attempt is a little ways away, AND you've been doing good so far - we so deserve to drop the LE diet every once in awhile - like atomic says, we run across a mammoth occasionally and pig out, it's just when we eat mammoth casserole every day that sways boy :D

I would say - FORGET the diet COMPLETELY. Don't even track it... don't even try. Just let it go and enjoy, and Monday morning, pick the diet back up! This is just one of those times that the calories really do disappear LOL ;) I didn't worry AT ALL (obviously) on my birthday - the wine certainly helped me forget :oops: and try not to stress about it the next day! It's all ok in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, and :agree: on not getting on the scale for a week! I actually did a little "test" once after I totally pigged out (this was way before the LE diet) to see how much weight I put on from a huge dinner... 4 POUNDS OF FOOD - holy cow!! (of course, a lot of that left promptly, but still! It's very telling... always weigh in the morning, before b-fast and preferably after you "go" LOL)

sweetpea
April 18th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Sweetpea - ESPECIALLY since you're turning 30! (and I turned 35) - and your attempt is a little ways away, AND you've been doing good so far - we so deserve to drop the LE diet every once in awhile - like atomic says, we run across a mammoth occasionally and pig out, it's just when we eat mammoth casserole every day that sways boy :D

I would say - FORGET the diet COMPLETELY. Don't even track it... don't even try. Just let it go and enjoy, and Monday morning, pick the diet back up! This is just one of those times that the calories really do disappear LOL ;) I didn't worry AT ALL (obviously) on my birthday - the wine certainly helped me forget :oops: and try not to stress about it the next day! It's all ok in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, and :agree: on not getting on the scale for a week! I actually did a little "test" once after I totally pigged out (this was way before the LE diet) to see how much weight I put on from a huge dinner... 4 POUNDS OF FOOD - holy cow!! (of course, a lot of that left promptly, but still! It's very telling... always weigh in the morning, before b-fast and preferably after you "go" LOL)
Awww, thanks Ribbons! You're so sweet! :) And you're right - we just hit/will be hitting milestone birthdays (congrats to you!) and yes, we should enjoy ourselves! It really is such a small window of time, compared to the strict eating of the LE Diet both before and after the "big cheat." LOL!

And I love atomic's "wooly mammoth" scenario! It makes me crack up every time I hear it, but it's so true! Although, I'll probably end up eating 3 mammoths that weekend! Bahahahahaa! ;)

Oh, I totally believe you about the supposed "4-pound" weight gain you put on after a huge meal. That's totally happened to me, too. Thankfully, it's never actually 4 pounds of FAT - salt will really make you gain/retain that weight!

And one last thing - we really must be kindred spirits or something, bc we have been totally the same about everything so far...including how we weigh ourselves. I, too, always make sure to weigh myself in the morning, before having breakfast (or even water!), and after I "go!" LOL! ;)

Ribbons
April 18th, 2012, 10:25 PM
And one last thing - we really must be kindred spirits or something, bc we have been totally the same about everything so far...including how we weigh ourselves. I, too, always make sure to weigh myself in the morning, before having breakfast (or even water!), and after I "go!" LOL! ;)

TOTALLY about the water LOL... I sometimes even subtract the ounces of water I recently consumed to get my actual weight before I log it ;)

sweetpea
April 18th, 2012, 11:42 PM
TOTALLY about the water LOL... I sometimes even subtract the ounces of water I recently consumed to get my actual weight before I log it ;)
LOL!! Yep - sounds like a totally logical, "boy-mom" thing to do! Makes sense to me! ;)

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Yes, that's fine and that's how the human body in nature would tend to lose weight anyway. :)

sweetpea
April 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Yes, that's fine and that's how the human body in nature would tend to lose weight anyway. :)
Okay, good. :agree: This makes me feel a lot better.

Also, just wanted to update anyone who was reading this and/or remotely cared...LOL...regarding my upcoming birthday weekend feast, haha! I think that as much as I'm going to enjoy myself and not really restrict myself too much with the cheats that weekend, I'm going to take some advice atomic gave me (in my private personalized swaying plan thread) and to not go too crazy. Afterall, a weekend worth of cheats is definitely different than just one or even two cheat meals. So, I'm still going to skip breakfast, because - why not? If I'm going to indulge in dinner, it makes sense to save up some calories by skipping breakfast and eating a pretty light lunch. And I'm going to try and keep things as vegetarian as possible, bc it's easy to still have a hugely satisfying cheat meal without the meat (which is shocking for me to say because I used to be such a HUGE meat-eater, esp. red meat, but it's been surprisingly easy for me to cut out - I don't really crave or miss it too much, just once in awhile).

Anyway...I'm kind of just rambling to myself here, but I feel kind of strong and empowered, for lack of better words, to know that I CAN indulge and enjoy myself on my 30th birthday...but I also don't need to go overboard and stuff myself silly 24-hours-a-day, Friday through Sunday of that weekend, kwim? It's nice to know that I'll have at least a little bit of self-control...even on my birthday! ;)

Thanks for letting me ramble on! Ha! :bigsmile:

Ribbons
April 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Also, just wanted to update anyone who was reading this and/or remotely cared...LOL...regarding my upcoming birthday weekend feast, haha! I think that as much as I'm going to enjoy myself and not really restrict myself too much with the cheats that weekend, I'm going to take some advice atomic gave me (in my private personalized swaying plan thread) and to not go too crazy. Afterall, a weekend worth of cheats is definitely different than just one or even two cheat meals. So, I'm still going to skip breakfast, because - why not? If I'm going to indulge in dinner, it makes sense to save up some calories by skipping breakfast and eating a pretty light lunch. And I'm going to try and keep things as vegetarian as possible, bc it's easy to still have a hugely satisfying cheat meal without the meat (which is shocking for me to say because I used to be such a HUGE meat-eater, esp. red meat, but it's been surprisingly easy for me to cut out - I don't really crave or miss it too much, just once in awhile).

Yep, this is exactly what I did! I've gotten so used to skipping breakfast that it's kinda weird to eat it now anyway :) I ate something like 200 calories for the whole day before my birthday dinner... that might be one of the reasons I went overboard, I was STARVING ;)

sweetpea
April 23rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Yep, this is exactly what I did! I've gotten so used to skipping breakfast that it's kinda weird to eat it now anyway :) I ate something like 200 calories for the whole day before my birthday dinner... that might be one of the reasons I went overboard, I was STARVING ;)
Yeah, I'm a little afraid of that too - that I'll only have a few calories that day, then OVERINDULGE at dinner that night! Eeek! My plan is to have one very light meal during the day, like you did, and fill up on Cherry Coke Zero until dinner, then pop some fiber pills and have lots of water before my meal. Hopefully, my plan will work and I won't eat like a horse at dinner! Ha! ;)

Ribbons
April 23rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I'm a little afraid of that too - that I'll only have a few calories that day, then OVERINDULGE at dinner that night! Eeek! My plan is to have one very light meal during the day, like you did, and fill up on Cherry Coke Zero until dinner, then pop some fiber pills and have lots of water before my meal. Hopefully, my plan will work and I won't eat like a horse at dinner! Ha! ;)

Great plan! :agree: on filling your belly up with liquid, that will really help :) Have fun, and happy birthday!!

sweetpea
April 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Great plan! :agree: on filling your belly up with liquid, that will really help :) Have fun, and happy birthday!!
Thank you, Ribbons! :) In my mind it works, but I always have such a horrible time at trying to restrain myself from overindulging (it's so bad that sometimes I think it's like a real addiction to food!) so, I know that even with my best efforts, the possibility of completely throwing this all out the window that weekend is very real. :( Whatever happens though...I will get back on track Monday morning, 100%! ;)

auroara78
April 24th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Have a great birthday weekend soon, Sweetpea! May will be here before u know it! And I agree about going a lil crazy but not out of the moon nuts during the festivities!

sweetpea
April 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks, auroara! :) I just found out my sister is coming to town the following weekend, and wants to go to dinner to celebrate my birthday (she isn't able to come up for the actual birthday weekend). Argh! Another cheat meal, when I was hoping to not cheat AT ALL for the remainder of May.

Grrrr, this is so hard. :sigh:

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yeah the diet was the thing I struggled with the most with swaying, and I still didn't adhere to it 100%.

I am still so amazed that something worked and I am having my girl though.....before I found out, I kept remembering all my diet cheats and kept thinking...there is no way....

Be as strong as you can be, without getting too stress-y about it. When I did mess up some on my diet while I was TTC, I just let it roll off me, and I think that may have been my saving grace! That I kept it calm and didn't fret too hard when I did screw up (I wanted to keep T low.)

sweetpea
May 1st, 2012, 12:14 PM
Good advice, auroara! :agree: And that worked for you, so I guess I need to be more gentle on myself. :)

My plan from here on out is, if there has to be a cheat day for whatever occasion, then every other day that's not a special occasion just needs to be as close to the diet as I can. I'll try not to stress about it, but I just worry that I'm not going to be able to lose the amount of weight I want/need to lose to have a good sway, if I'm having lots of cheat days, kwim? I feel like time is running out and I still have so much weight to lose. :(

Ribbons
May 1st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Sweetpea, now that my 1st attempt is officially over (!) I have to say that the first 5-6 weeks on the LE was very easy, and the last 4 weeks it was very, very hard to lose weight. I had lost 10 lbs at the 6 week mark, gained back 3 pounds, worked really hard to lose those 3 lbs and ended up losing a total of 11 lbs at the end. I have been maintaining at the same weight for 2 weeks, even though I have been cutting my calories down more and more (I really wanted to lose just one more pound, but it didn't happen!) I think now that my attempt is out of the way, I will just worry about maintaining and if I get a BFN, I'll not be too hard on myself and try to lose another 2-3 before my next attempt. And I still have a lot to lose too - I'm pretty happy with my weight overall as it is the lowest I've been in a LONG time, but I am certainly no skinny minnie!

So I guess what I am saying is, just do what you can and don't beat yourself up too much. You have to have SOME cheat days to keep you sane and not throw the whole diet out of the window in frustration! Just do the best you can :)

sweetpea
May 1st, 2012, 02:10 PM
Thank you for the pep talk and the perspective, Ribbons! :) I appreciate it!

I think for you, the things you really have going for you (in terms of weight loss) is that you were in an overall state of losing, and then maintaining, during your attempts - which is a very good thing! - AND you are at the lowest weight you've been at in a long time, so that's great and can only help! That right there will be swaying for you, regardless of the fact that you're not a super skinny-minnie, like you say! :agree:

I want so badly to get to my lowest adult weight before swaying, but I'm sure that won't happen in time. I can probably make it about 5 pounds or so under my lowest conception weight by the time our first attempt is here, but that means I'll still have to lose another 27 pounds by the end of July. And with a few cheats for my birthday and some other events coming up over the next few months, I'm really wondering if I can do it!

:nails:

Ribbons
May 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
You can do it, sweetpea!

:cheerteam:

auroara78
May 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
You can totally do it, sweetpea!!! Enjoy your cheats but be mindful too.....I believe in you!

sweetpea
May 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Awww, thanks guys! ;) DH and the boys made me a yummy breakfast this morning of scrambled eggs and french toast (DH was considerate of trying to make it a touch healthier by using wheat bread :) ), and it was a small-ish portion, so I definitely didn't overindulge there (and kept it vegetarian, too!). I'm going to try and hold out and not eat anything until we have dinner tonight with my parents, to keep my blood sugar levels low, by filling my belly with diet pop throughout the day. I hope I can do it!!

Ribbons
May 4th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Yay sweetpea! Happy birthday, and enjoy!!

Wishing4Princess
May 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Happy B-day Sweetpea! don't worry about a few cheats here and there:) Enjoy!

sweetpea
May 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks, everyone!! :)

Well, my birthday weekend was AWESOME - my hubby totally spoiled me! Friday was my actual birthday (the 4th), but he had something planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was a seriously WONDERFUL weekend - mostly because he has been clocking in some insane hours on a project at work but took 3 days off last week - we got a LOT of family time in and it was just awesome having him home!

On Friday, my hubby and the boys made me breakfast (which I wrote about above), then they surprised me with a Kindle Fire (yay!!), then we hung out for a bit at home, went to lunch at an outdoor cafe (I only nibbled a little bit), took the boys to a kids' play museum for a few hours, had dinner with my parents, then went to a cute little cupcake bakery for dessert. I definitely over-indulged in calories and sodium (couldn't resist the salted caramel cupcake at the bakery - OMG!!), but kept everything vegetarian.

Saturday, I loaded up on diet pop, Benefiber drinks, coffee, etc. and only ate a tiny snack during the day. My hubby surprised me with a whole day of car shopping (I've been bugging him to go with me, but he never has time - plus he kept saying that we couldn't afford a second car), so that was a lot of fun, as weird as that sounds. After shopping around a bit and test driving cars, we met up with friends for dinner (hibachi) and I caved and ordered filet mignon :oops: but only ate a little bit of it (mostly ate the fried rice and veggies). Definitely over on sodium, again, probably on calories too, but then again, I barely ate anything else that day - my dinner was pretty much my only meal. I felt bad eating filet, but then I reminded myself that I've only had red meat two whole times this whole year so far (which is a HUGE change for me), and I did only eat a little bit of it for taste. Had some ice cream for dessert.

Sunday, once again, I only had one large meal and didn't eat any other time of the day (except for a snack before bed). We went to church on Sunday morning and Sunday night, and had lunch at my inlaws' house. She always cooks a big meal for whoever's birthday it is, and cooks whatever they want. I requested eggplant parm, because it is a vegetarian dish, but again, I knew I'd be over in calories, sodium, and fat again - but at least it wasn't meat! ;)

I ended up caving and weighing myself on Monday, even though I told myself I wasn't going to. I had gained 5 pounds over the weekend! :omg: I'm sure a lot of it was water retention from eating a LOT of salty foods, but yeah, I have to be real with myself and realize that I'm sure some of that is actual weight I gained back.

I've found it harder to get back on track with food this week than I thought it would be - I thought I'd hit it hardcore again come Monday, but I was surprised to find that I was craving the same bad foods I'd eaten that weekend - and I craved them BADLY. I'm not eating too badly this week, but not doing the LE diet as well as I should be at all. I really do think I have a strong addiction to food. It seems that the only way to cut out that strong desire to sabotage my diet is to do a day or two of fasting (water-only or a juice fast) - that seems to kind of "break" me, and then I can go back to the LE diet and have a much better time with it. Man, it's amazing what a weekend of bad eating can do to me! :suprise:

Anyway...that was my fun birthday weekend, and even though I'm not exactly thrilled with going backward a bit on my weight loss success, I'm not going to dwell on it, bc I seriously had such an amazing time with family and friends, and I really wouldn't change it for the world! With this awesome weekend behind - filled with great food and great memories - I'm ready to get back on the wagon with my swaying preparations/diet/etc. :agree:

Oh - and one last, kind of unrelated, update - on Monday, we went back to one of the car dealerships we visited, and we ended up buying a car!!! ;) We bought a minivan, so now there is no worry over what we're going to do about fitting 3 kids into a car! Also, I've been stuck at home with the kids, with no car, for over 5 years (my hubby took the only car we had to work each day), so now we have a second car again and I can actually get out of the house with the kids whenever we want! Squeee! :bigsmile: I'm super excited and just wanted to share the good news! :)

Ribbons
May 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Sounds like a mega-awesome weekend, sweetpea!!! Don't worry, you'll be up and running again on the weight loss in no time! So great about the car too! :bigsmile:

sweetpea
May 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks, Ribbons! And...HOLY CRAP!!!! I just saw from your siggy that YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! A *huge* congrats to you!!!! Obviously, I haven't been on the message boards for almost a week now - just been so busy with everything - and I'm just catching up on posts and stuff now. But YEAH!!! I am SO happy for you!!! You had a really awesome sway, too!! I will be :pray: so hard that this is your little pink bean!!!! ;)

:running: :cheerteam:

Ribbons
May 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks sweetpea :) I still can't believe it... maybe it will sink in as the tests get a little darker.. still nervous that it's going to turn out to be a chemical or something, I'm only 10DPO!!

auroara78
May 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sweetpea, that is way awesome about having a car now to drive and one big enough to fit 3 kids!! I'm glad your birthday weekend went so awesome, and I wouldn't worry about your cheats at this point...just move and enjoy the memories!! Your DH sounds so thoughtful!!

atomic sagebrush
May 11th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Wow that sounds like an awesome weekend! I'm kinda jealous!!! :/

Happy birthday!!

suregena
May 12th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I only have the one kiddo (son), but both my husband and I are vegetarian.

HOWEVER, he was conceived RIGHT after my second miscarriage... before my cycle returned... BUT!... we went to Bruges (Belgium) for a mini-vacation and I had what I *thought* was my period trying to start again post miscarriage (but in hindsight, it was definitely ovulation spotting... just a bit of brown on underwear!) and we, you know, ate a LOT of fatty foods (cheese, waffles, cakes, chocolate, etcetera... drank beers... I don't even drink alcohol but I was indulging in a LOT of fruit beers because they were insanely delicious, which is a surprise for me)... and, you know, around that spotting, DTD while there. Unprotected. Roughly 3-4 weeks later, I had a positive pregnancy test only when I woke up feeling like I had a stomach bug.

So, did I gain weight on that trip? Um, most very likely a big fat YES.

:P And that's the story of my Bruges-conceived boy. Heeh.

I'm steadily losing weight now, and TTC this month... so we'll see what happens this time.

fourunderfour
May 13th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Okay here's a question - how closely to TTC do you need to lose weight? If I'm not planning to TTC until around Sept, would it be okay to start dieting and exercising now (like I have - already lost 2 lbs in 3 days) or will I "plateau" and then do all that for nothing?
I'd like to lose 15 lbs...get down to my college weight where I was think...
Katie
4 boys...hoping to try for a daughter in the fall.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Okay here's a question - how closely to TTC do you need to lose weight? If I'm not planning to TTC until around Sept, would it be okay to start dieting and exercising now (like I have - already lost 2 lbs in 3 days) or will I "plateau" and then do all that for nothing?
I'd like to lose 15 lbs...get down to my college weight where I was think...
Katie
4 boys...hoping to try for a daughter in the fall.

After giving this a lot of thought I think it's best to lose the weight whenever and however you can and maintain it. I'm not convinced that there is much or even anything to be gained by timing weightloss.

2 things can happen, firstly it may be harder to get the weight off than you think and if you wait too long, you may run out of time to lose weight, and secondly, a few people got pg by accidentwhen they were either not totally done losing weight (becuase they tried to leave it till the last minute) or when they were regaining weight to lose closer to ovulation (this is how i got DS 4!!) It's just safer to get the weight off when you can and go from there!!

sweetpea
May 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
After giving this a lot of thought I think it's best to lose the weight whenever and however you can and maintain it. I'm not convinced that there is much or even anything to be gained by timing weightloss.

2 things can happen, firstly it may be harder to get the weight off than you think and if you wait too long, you may run out of time to lose weight, and secondly, a few people got pg by accidentwhen they were either not totally done losing weight (becuase they tried to leave it till the last minute) or when they were regaining weight to lose closer to ovulation (this is how i got DS 4!!) It's just safer to get the weight off when you can and go from there!!
Atomic, I think you're totally right here and that this is good advice. I think I'm going to do exactly this - get all the weight off I need to before actually trying (with a little bit of a cushion), and then maintain my low weight. If I'm able to, I'll try to lose a pound or two before ovulation in our attempt month, but I won't worry about timing weight loss in that month, as long as I've been consistently losing weight in the months prior and as long as I've lost all the weight I've needed to lose. :agree:

luvalittleman
January 23rd, 2013, 12:47 AM
Hi Sweetpea, I have never swayed for a girl but clearly know how to make them....
If it's any help, I never, ever, ever, let myself put on more than 2 or 3 Kg's and while I have never been on a diet (except for the HE diet incidently which I had to eat more and put on weight...sigh) I have never been that interested in food.
I was always at my fittest and leanest conceiving my daughters. I also drank a lot of wine and smoked before each of the pregnancies (but never during). I always fell pregnant immediately so never got a chance to take a multi vitamin and didn't take them normally.
I never ate bad food (hate fast foods, fried foods, etc...) but just ate very little and basically the same kind of meals day in day out so probably very little variety. My main weakness was sugar - had too much in chocolate and coffee. Never drank much water - maybe a glass or two a day (which I noticed makes a huge difference to your EWCM). Didn't eat red meat before any of the girls (or once a fortnight tops) and always had low iron. I sound like a train wreck reading this back but I never knew any different and besides one daughter having asthma, all my daughters are tall, strong, smart and exceptionally beautiful!!! Thanks goodness.

hopingforsaskia
January 23rd, 2013, 01:46 AM
I love this thread... ;) I was gaining slowly when I conceived both of my boys. This time I was losing.. We'll see how I went soon enough. :)

LilithWiser1979
January 25th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I was definitely gaining with DS1 (right around my wedding...TONS of cake and goodies!) and with DS2 I was holding steady but gaining muscle from lots of weightlifting and crossfitting. I had just lost weight a few months prior, but was definitely plateauing by the time DS2 was conceived.

Goodus
January 26th, 2013, 02:16 AM
This is very interesting! With my ds1 I actually lost a lot of weight. I stopped eating wheat, lollies, chocolate n wine. Ate very healthy to get fit for my wedding. Went to the gym 2x most days but stopped about 1 week b4 wedding as we had it overseas. I was 45kg I think when I got married and Dtd that night. That was my lowest conceiving weight. My lowest adult weight is 38 kg when I was in uni about 22 years old. Too busy to eat lol

Goodus
January 26th, 2013, 02:19 AM
With ds 2 I was about 50kg had also given up wheat and starch. I think I better eat wheat this time! I'm really afraid I can't get to my lowest adult weight. It was very underweight!

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2013, 05:47 PM
With ds 2 I was about 50kg had also given up wheat and starch. I think I better eat wheat this time! I'm really afraid I can't get to my lowest adult weight. It was very underweight!

you do not have to, it is just something that may help some people

I was not at my lowest adult weight