PDA

View Full Version : Pre tests

JKA
March 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hi I'm new on here and am hoping that someone may be able to help me with my questions? I am planning on going to genesis in Cyprus in September although I haven't yet rang and spoke to them about this yet, I am still plucking up the courage!!! We are in Cyprus for a wedding in sep so makes sense to do it whilst we are there! Can any one tell me what tests need to be done before you go and is this something that I have to organise and find a clinic for? I live in the uk? Any help will be appreciated.

lisvna
March 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
You need internal ultra sound scans. You must do bloodwork to test the fsh, Amh, lh etc. You can do everything in Cyprus but most of the people do it it their country to shorten their time on Cyprus. You must be at least 8 days in Cyprus but before that you already have to start downregulation and stimulation. If you take birth control pills to then you can make your dates fits in your vacation.

JKA
March 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you lisvna, do you know how long you have to be in Cyprus for if I decide to have everything done there? We will be there for 2 weeks is that long enough? I will of course find all this information out when I speak to dr savva but was just wanting to get an idea of what I had to do before hand.

lisvna
March 9th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I think if you want everything done there (that's from day 1 stimulation) you need at least 3 weeks I think. But why would you do that? For example I start downregulation this Wednesday I start stimulating 25 march my egg collection is estimated on 6 April and embryo transfer 11 of April. So from stimulation till embryo transfer is 2 and a half weeks already! I assume you don't want to travel on the day of embryo transfer so you need another day extra plus maybe you need more time to stimulate then everything's delay with one day or 2. I would say start in your home country with downregulation and stimulation and then fly over a few days before egg collection then you have plenty of time!

JKA
March 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Yes does make since to do as much as possible here before Cyprus! Thank you for your advice, I'm sure I will have lots more questions along the way :-)

lisvna
March 9th, 2012, 08:58 AM
You are free to ask ;)