PDA

View Full Version : Not looking good.

Cloverbear
March 10th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Could not get my 2nd beta because of the local floods.

Due to the floods I could not get any more crinone and was running out. Anyway my neighbour who is a Dr agreed to make it last by taking one a day instead of two. So sunday monday and tuesday I had one instead of two Not worried

Anyway I had a bleed on wednesday afternoon, not spotting a bleed, with minor cramping and some clotting Not good. Worried now.

Told to get a blood test asap could not get on wednesday as they close at 3.30, loving the country.
Got the crinone used it bleeding stop. Did not restart at all. Few streaks of dirty blood.

So thursday, I thought I would stay had home on bedrest. pretend to be pg for one more day and cry.

Friday went if 1st thing got the test, went home and cried. That afternoon got the results numbers great 12 thousand and something shocked.

But then I got thinking what if that number is on the way down which meant I misscarried. So now I have to wait for another one so still very nervous.

Have done Home pg test still saying positive but not sure how long it take the hormone to leave you body after you have miscarried. Anyone Know?

MatildaMai
March 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
If your numbers are up around 12,000 then your will have a +ve HPT for ages - potentially a couple of weeks - until HCG returns to less than 25. Did they test your progesterone levels? Also is it possible to go for a scan? Once the hcg is over 10,000 you should be able to get a look at the gestational and yolk sac, and maybe even a fetal pole and HB if you are close to 6wks. You are past 5wks aren't you?

I know you've had a scare but I think chilli might be ok. The bleeding did stop. Bleeding is super common with IVF transfers for all sorts of reasons. Could be that your progesterone and/or e2 levels fell a bit due to less meds - that can definitely cause bleeding but doesn't necessarily mean you've lost her. 2 Crinone per day is tonnes. With my last transfer I was on PIO, and crinone and my Prog levels at 6wks were 211 (20-50 is normal in 1st trimester)!!! So for example, if your prog was up at 100 and dropped to 50 it could cause a bleed but its very possible that chilli is just fine.

Cloverbear
March 10th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks for all that info.

My progesterone test is pending I assume the results just where not reading when I picked them up. Surposed to have a scan Thursday when I will be 6 weeks.

Well I hope you are right. Just have to cross my fingures.

glory
March 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Cloverbear, I actually think all is good, the fact that it stopped with the progesterone is a good thing. So many of us have had bleeding at some stage in early pregnancy and we all have babies to prove that it can be OK. I think that if you were miscarrying, it wouldn't matter how much progesterone you gave yourself after the fact it wouldn't stop.

12,000 is really good, nice and high. I agree though if it is a miscarriage to get a 12000 number out of your system with a POAS is going to take weeks. Best bet to go in when you can for another beta to alleviate your fears. Rest up for now, harder said that done I know.

Wanting a daughter
March 11th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I think that if you were miscarrying, it wouldn't matter how much progesterone you gave yourself after the fact it wouldn't stop.

Totally agree, if it were over there wouldn't be anything you could do but the fact that an increase in Crinone stopped the bleeding looks like a good sign to me.
Dam floods!!!
Try to keep positive, soooooo many reasons for blood loss and super common!!
Will be thinking of you.

jils04
March 11th, 2012, 06:28 AM
hope eerything is ok.i had a bleed around week 8_9 and all is well, scan said it was a little pocket of haemorrage, whatever that meant.
best wishes

nuthinbutpink
March 11th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I hope all is well. The beta doesn't keep on doubling and you really can't do anything else until a scan. I had bright red bleeding. Many of us do. Can be nothing or the placenta location of a bleed from the procedure. I would try to take it easy if that is even possible!

perrypop3
March 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Thinking of you clover bear, I'm sure itll all be alright, I bet it was the reduction in crinone too. I'm on 2 aday aswell.

Crossing everything for you but like the girls have said its good you stopped bleeding with the crinone, I definitely think that sounds like a good sign.

Take care and rest up, I'll be thinking of you for that scan

Cloverbear
March 11th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Have not got the 3rd beta back yet but my Dr did an ultrasound and there is defenatly a sac his machine not strong enough for HB so Friday I get that done. Feeling much more positive though.

Thanks for you support, such a stressful time, and I am not a stress head.

lisvna
March 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I so glad to hear this news!