PDA

View Full Version : Where/How to begin?

I♥DKB?
March 12th, 2012, 01:29 AM
My DH and I have spent the past few months trying to decide whether HT was right for us. My DH is leaning toward trying in August 2013. There is a big part of me that would like to try this year but I understand his reasons for waiting. If we aren't planning to do anything until 2013 when should we start the process?

I'm also looking for any insight into where to begin? How did you start down the path of HT? Should I start by making an appointment my OB/GYN? Ask for a referral? Make an appointment directly with a doctor who offers IVF/PGD? Look internationally? Contact my insurance company?

perrypop3
March 12th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hello, I think best thing is to go for pre testing, that will tell you loads about where your body is at and which protocol will be good for you?

Are you in the uk, there was a deal online yesterday, saving a lot of money with the pre testing in London?

I know dr p in california does free phone consults, may be good to take advantage of this and get some advice, help you make a start, he could help you organise the pre testing with a clinic near you.

Hope this helps

perrypop3
March 12th, 2012, 02:05 PM
This was it...

Quick Groupon pre testing/fertility package deal in London! £199..
Offer valid till midnight today looks like a great deal as AMH on it's own is usually about £70!!!

Up to 69% Off at Harley Street Fertility Clinic

I♥DKB?
March 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I'm actually in the United States - Utah.

nuthinbutpink
March 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
First, welcome.

Pretesting is only good for 6 months so if you are not going to cycle until 2013, you may want to hold off. If your OB will be okay and you are comfortable talking about IVF/PGD with him/her, by all means talk with him about it. I did and mine ordered and did all of my pretesting and insurance covered all of it that way.

I consulted with Dr Potter, and if you become a Dream Member, they waiver the $300+ consult fee and it is free. He ordered all of my pretesting but I did not end up cycling with him. I am on the other side of the country and my pretesting was very poor. I was able to find a clinic 15 minutes from my house and I cycled there for my DS.

I started by googling family balancing, gender selection, IVF, PGD for local clinics. My clinic does NOT advertise that they offer GS. I had to call and ask. So, know that.

You can find out if you have infertility coverage- both for meds and the IVF itself. PGD is always out of pocket.

We have many, many cyclers on here but most post in the private forum. There, we keep cycle diaries on all our cyclers and it helps us follow along with their cycle and cheer them on. Hope you will join us!

I♥DKB?
March 13th, 2012, 12:02 AM
We have many, many cyclers on here but most post in the private forum. There, we keep cycle diaries on all our cyclers and it helps us follow along with their cycle and cheer them on. Hope you will join us!

Thank you for the information. I've joined. :)