PDA

View Full Version : Question about beta numbers - what do you think?

TwoSweetGuys
March 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
First beta today, 8DP5DT. It was 55. My doc says they want to see it over 50 as of 9DP5DT (tomorrow). They're cautiously optimistic. I'm now a wreck, especially since my line isn't any darker this morning and I'm crampy (which I know can be normal). No bleeding or spotting, boobs hurt, but I'm on progesterone so that's normal.

Can anyone give me any reassurance that this happened to them? What do you guys think?

Thank you!!!!!

TwoSweetGuys
March 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Obviously I'm going back on Wednesday for the repeat beta, but I'm a total wreck now. I don't know how I'm going to make it until then!

lisvna
March 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I wish i could help you but I have no idea about those numbers never dealt with them....big hugs and I hope it's gonna be alright!

nuthinbutpink
March 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM
That puts you over 100 at 10dp5dt which is perfect. Sounds perfect to me!

perrypop3
March 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
That puts you over 100 at 10dp5dt which is perfect. Sounds perfect to me!

I agree I was 112 at 10dp5dt, sounds good!!

TwoSweetGuys
March 12th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks SO MUCH ladies. I'm barely hanging in here. I have so much work to do but I can't focus on anything at all. Every twinge, every cramp, I'm convinced this is all over. I'm my own worst enemy right now. Wednesday can't come too soon; I'm going to be a basket case by then. I've already decided to go to bed super-early both nights and sleep some of this time away. My nurse just sounded so WORRIED. :-(

Ah, screw it. I'm lucky to have gotten this far. Chin up, woman! If you can do 2 years of IVF, you can do anything. Ladies, thank you for being there for me. You are APPRECIATED.

TwoSweetGuys
March 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM
(Now I'm doing two lame replies so I can get to 10 posts and see all of your fabulous signatures!

TwoSweetGuys
March 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Oops, left off the ). That should put me to 10!! :-)

TRL
March 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM
It sounds good. Take a deep breath.

TwoSweetGuys
March 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
UPDATE: I just got the phone call. It did double from 55 to 120 in almost exactly 48 hours. I think my official "doubling time" via betabase is 43.5 hours. What do you guys think? My nurse was almost irritated that I wasn't happy when she gave me the news (I'd fantasized about a beta of 400 or 4,000!). I'm trying to be happy, but it's so hard to "let this in" at all...

nuthinbutpink
March 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM
It IS great news! Be excited!

perrypop3
March 14th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Yay brilliant news :)

lisvna
March 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Its good news right?

TwoSweetGuys
March 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Lisvna, they say it's good news. I'm trying so hard to believe them. I'm so worried about how LOW the numbers are, but the nurses keep saying that the only thing that matters is the doubling time. When I google other people's betas, most are higher than mine, so it's very hard not to worry! Thank you for checking in on me. I really really appreciate it.

lisvna
March 14th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I totally understand you you cant believe it especially because it was such a long road for you! But im sure it's all gonna be fine, it's still dubbing and not all people are the same! Go into zen mode hihihihi!

TRL
March 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
its doubling and thats all that matters. Are you going back again on Friday?

Zora Astor
March 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM
My beta 8dp5dt was exactly like yours - 55, and 10 dp was 169. I think yours are great numbers, exactly what you would want to see at this stage.

TwoSweetGuys
March 14th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm getting the kids and I out of the house to the playground to try to distract ME. Too bad I can't take a little blue pill right now - of all the times to need a valium!! :-)

I am going to go back on Friday, I hope to have some good news to tide me through the weekend. Again, thank you all. You don't know how valuable your support is to someone floundering around like I am. I really appreciate it.

purpledream
March 15th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I'm so rooting for you! Those are very good beta numbers, mine were lower during my first pregnancy. Yes, try to distract yourself as much as you can, it's important to control your stress levels as much as you can at this early stage. Congratulations to you and I'll be checking in tomorrow for more good news!

TwoSweetGuys
March 16th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I decided to skip the beta today. I had a nice day planned with the boys and didn't want to ruin it waiting anxiously for the phone call with my results. I'm feeling okay, lots of symptoms, so I took a deep breath and told them to let me know if I should come Monday or Tuesday (probably Tuesday). I'll get my next beta, and probably ultrasound on Thursday. I will continue to keep you updated. Thank you all for your support!!

michaela
March 17th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I always miss posts in the public section! Anyway I think it sounds great so far and you are right on track! My old RE only does two betas and then waits for the ultrasound as that is when you will really see what is going on. I think this is it for you!!!! Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk