PDA

View Full Version : Using pill to 'schedule' ?

peterpan
March 12th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hi
I just wondered what is everyone's views on taking the pill so u can schedule the ivf out in Cyprus? Seems to me bit mad to pump in bcp when u r trying to get pg?? Can u just book flights and sort stuff once AF comes???

Advice pls! Did anyone get PG after taking the pill to time the transfer? Love to hear.

Thanks all
X

perrypop3
March 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hello,

I have just had a bfp and I started on the pill.

It seemed odd to me too, but it's used a lot to schedule ladies apparently.

I cycled in the us at HRC, we booked flights and accom way before we flew out.

I have since learnt it's good advice to take great travel insurance and book flexible flights.

Crazily ( without realising) I did neither of these things, but with the pill HRC really reassured me they could manipulate my cycle to suit them.

I was sooo lucky things panned out as expected, but cycles sometimes get cancelled, so I think it's much more sensible to have insurance and flex flights

X

lisvna
March 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
My first cycle when I went to dr Savvas I did without bcp. I was really nervous about the dates and we booked flights after my af showd up so last term. Now I'm on bcp and we have booked our flight and accomodation a few months ago. Dr Savvas says its gonna be alright (I must trust him then). So follow my story and you will see ;)

choulu
March 18th, 2012, 04:45 AM
There is an article at ivfauthority.com which argued that BCP should overlap with GnRH Agonist; otherwise BCP may blunt stimulation. IVF Authority: Taking The Birth Control Pill Prior to IVF: Does it Compromise outcome? (http://www.ivfauthority.com/2009/07/birth-control-pill-ivf-outcome.html)

lisvna
March 18th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Yes, I have a 5 day overlap. I started 13 march with decapeptyl and stopped the 17th with the BCP. So I think Savvas did the right thing.......