PDA

View Full Version : Updated Next Scan in 2 days!

mama27
March 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I am going for my gender scan tomorrow and now suddenly I am really worried they will say it's a boy! We didn't sway for a girl but since I had a dream about our little girl almost 4 years ago I have just assumed our baby would be a girl (this is dp's first) As soon as we found out I was pregnant dp said "you do know it's a girl don't you?" and he has made no secret of his desire for a daughter to me. I would love for it to be a girl, my best friend is convinced it's a girl and all my nub guesses have been girl so now it just seems like it's bound to be a boy. I have to admit if they do say it's a boy then I will be disappointed, obviously a healthy baby is the main thing but I am sure you all understand. We haven't told anyone apart from my best friend that we are going and I have persuaded dp not to reveal the gender for a while as I want to give myself time to get used to the idea if it is a boy. Keep trying to imagine what it will feel like if they say boy so I can prepare:confused: we tried for 12 months for this baby and it is so wanted, so why do I feel like this?

babynumber2
March 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I understand how you feel. I'm 24 weeks and I have been told girl at two scans, but I'm that convinced I couldn't be that lucky as I want this little girl so much that I will have a boy. I am going for another scan in 2 weeks and keep having dreams I go and they say sorry been such a mistake, past two scans were wrong for some reason and baby is in fact boy. I'm trying not to get my hopes up or too excited, but I want to as I want to enjoy pregnancy. This will probably be our last child so feel the pressure for it to be a girl. We have a son already whom we adore, but I've always wanted a girl.

Cinss
March 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Hi mama, i just wanted to wish you luck for your scan tomorrow. Also just looking at your sig... I think it would be freakishly abnormal for you to have 4 girls and 4 boys, to me it seems much more likely to have more of 1 than an even split.

fivebabies
March 13th, 2012, 10:53 PM
So this is the first baby you guys will have together?...Your siggy is throwing me off. :bigsmile:

Good luck at your scan tomorrow!!!

mama27
March 14th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah this is our first child together and dp doesn't have any other children so his only child. Went for the scan and it is a boy, she took ages looking around in that area and I had already spotted it but still almos burst into to tears when she confirmed it:sad: I can't believe how disappointed I feel at not getting our little girl, just had a good cry to dp who is being very understanding. So glad we are keeping it to ourselves right now as I can't face telling anyone. I am sure I will soon come around to the idea of him being a boy but I need to let go of the baby girl I thought I was having first.

fivebabies
March 14th, 2012, 10:53 PM
So sorry you didn't hear girl. :( Will you guys try again? (((Hugs)))

Myloves
March 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I'm sorry you didn't hear girl. I thought the same fivebabies - are you going to try for another in the future?

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Im sorry it's not a girl , but for sure your DP will love his little boy!

mama27
March 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Yes Flava he definitely will and I know I will too once I get over it.

Myloves and fivebabies- no this is the only child dp wants us to have because of the other 7, he is already talking about a vasectomy.

I am still sad about it, have been trying to look at boy things to give myself some more enthusiasm and spoke of boy names with my best friend today. I guess it will just take time, I feel so ungrateful as at least he is healthy and guilty as it has taken the shine off yesterday for dp :sad:

fivebabies
March 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Awe, you both will love that sweet lil' baby boy soooo much! Feel better soon Sweetie!

TTC5
March 22nd, 2012, 04:54 AM
So sorry you didnt hear girl xxx

mama27
March 28th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Well it's been 2 weeks now and I have resisted booking another scan at a different place as dp wouldn't be happy if I did. My anomaly scan at the hospital is 13th April so I will get them to check again then dp says no point as they will just say boy again but I think it's worth asking. People know now although I always say we think it's a boy rather than it is a boy and I still refer to bump as "it" or "the baby" . DD4 cried when she found out as she wanted a sister which made me upset and I felt as though I had let her down. Feeling jealous every time I hear someone else is having a girl and can't help looking at girl things just in case :sad:

Myloves
March 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Well it's been 2 weeks now and I have resisted booking another scan at a different place as dp wouldn't be happy if I did. My anomaly scan at the hospital is 13th April so I will get them to check again then dp says no point as they will just say boy again but I think it's worth asking. People know now although I always say we think it's a boy rather than it is a boy and I still refer to bump as "it" or "the baby" . DD4 cried when she found out as she wanted a sister which made me upset and I felt as though I had let her down. Feeling jealous every time I hear someone else is having a girl and can't help looking at girl things just in case :sad:

:hugs:

Zivic-Bubac
March 29th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Well it's been 2 weeks now and I have resisted booking another scan at a different place as dp wouldn't be happy if I did. My anomaly scan at the hospital is 13th April so I will get them to check again then dp says no point as they will just say boy again but I think it's worth asking. People know now although I always say we think it's a boy rather than it is a boy and I still refer to bump as "it" or "the baby" . DD4 cried when she found out as she wanted a sister which made me upset and I felt as though I had let her down. Feeling jealous every time I hear someone else is having a girl and can't help looking at girl things just in case :sad:Hugs to you mama!!!!
I feel exactly the same, only the opposite way, I'm devastated it's another girl for me :(

You're so brave to have another gender scan, I've decided not to ask about baby's gender any more, I'd rather live in denial for the rest of my pregnancy :worry:
We're already getting all kinds of nasty comments, although we tell people we' don't know for sure ( yes, we know for sure) what's the gender. We even got: What you're going to do if it's a girl again? :mad: That was actually coming from my b***h MIL, I told her we're immeadiatelly selling the baby :mad:

mama27
March 31st, 2012, 09:48 AM
:hugs: I can't believe people think they have the right to make such comments! I would rather know for definite so I can get my head around it only another 13 days till my next scan.

mama27
April 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
So my next scan is friday and I will be 20+3. I will of course ask them the gender again but what if they can't tell?! Dp will go crazy if I say I want another gender scan, of course it might be obvious and then I will have to keep trying to get used to the idea. Is it very very wrong to be hoping slightly that the last one was wrong? We haven't purchased any major items yet just in case.

fivebabies
April 12th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Good luck to you! They should be able to tell you with 100% certainty. FX baby is healthy! That's what matters most. :fingers:

Myloves
April 13th, 2012, 04:48 AM
So my next scan is friday and I will be 20+3. I will of course ask them the gender again but what if they can't tell?! Dp will go crazy if I say I want another gender scan, of course it might be obvious and then I will have to keep trying to get used to the idea. Is it very very wrong to be hoping slightly that the last one was wrong? We haven't purchased any major items yet just in case.

You're not horrible! We all have hopes and dreams, and most of us here desire a certain gender at some point. Whatever the outcome, I hope your baby is healthy and that you are happy.

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Any update? GL!

mama27
April 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Sorry for not updating sooner things have been a bit hectic! Scan on friday showed a very healthy baby GIRL!!!! I asked them to check 3 times but could clearly see the 3 lines and no boy bits. So we called the gender scan company and they had us back for a rescan on saturday morning which again showed that this baby is 100% GIRL and not a boy as they originally told us!! Obviously dp and I are absolutely thrilled and I have to keep looking at the pics to convince myself but there is no doubt about it. I am going to write a letter of complaint to the scan company as the stress of the past few weeks as well as friday/saturday has been awful. I have posted my pics in the ultrasound section if anyone would like to look. Funnily enough I had 100% girl guesses from my nub pics on here!!

Cinss
April 16th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Congrats mama :)

Myloves
April 17th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Whew, all that stress for nothing! :D So happy to hear you're having a girl :awe:

TTC5
April 17th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Congrats!!

mama27
April 17th, 2012, 12:08 PM
My loves I know can't believe I went through that for nothing. I want a refund off the scan company but dp says leave it as we have the girl we wanted now but the point is you are having the scan to know sooner and if they can't tell then they should say so not guess!

Myloves
April 17th, 2012, 10:00 PM
At least you won't be stressing about GD! :o

Yuzu
April 19th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!:happy: