PDA

View Full Version : does slow rising hcg levels mean boy and higher rising mean girl ??

littlemissnaughty7
March 14th, 2012, 10:58 AM
whats your opinion with this, do slow rising hcg levels mean boy, anyone with experience with slow rising meaning boy or girl please share your experience and anyone with high rising meaning girl please share would love some info on this ,

rainbowflower
March 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I don't know... they say that girls have 30% higher levels, but not sure if that means that they increase faster or if they just start off higher

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
In a large sample size of people, there was a slight variation between boy and girl pg. Girls did have ON AVERAGE a slightly faster rise in HCG than boys did BUT there was plenty of overlap between the two groups, girls with slow rises, boys with fast rises, and everything in between. These numbers are probably unique for each individual and each pregnancy.

If there were any reliable way to use HCG levels as a gender prediction test someone would have already figured out how to do it. The only reliable early gender predicting test, tests for absence/presence of Y chromosome in the mother's blood, nothing to do with HCG at all.

These differences were VERY subtle and again, a statistical tendency, not a general rule that can be applied to individuals. there is no way on basis of even sensitive blood tests, let alone from the darkness of a pregnancy test. The darkness of a pregancy test tells you nothing whatsoever about gender.

I have witnessed dozens of people over the last 5 years stress and obsess over HCG levels and how quickly they rose and there is NO way to predict gender because there are so many exceptions. People have gotten false hopes and also very depressed for no reason whatsoever.

coocoobananas
March 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I was told that being sick could have to do with really high hcg... And I was sick and had 2 boys!

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yes, people think sickness = girls but then I found the actual study and it found that ONLY in cases with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (where people cannot keep food down) was there any link between more girls and sickness. And even then it was only like 2% difference. Everyone I know with HG has all boys!

nini
March 15th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Can only repeat this: was very nauseous and sick with my boys, pretty much throughout the whole of my pregnancy, and not ONCE with my dd!!!!!

Even if girls have higher levels of hcg, you will not be able to tell the difference by an early or late BFP. This mainly depends on the test brand and the concentration of hcg in your urine. I had early BFPs with all my 3 (my first I didnt test for some time;)

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks nini!!

My mom never had a speck of MS (she thinks it's psychological!) and has girls. I have terrible MS and have 4 boys.

purplepoet20
March 15th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I wonder about the hcg levels and baby gender... With my boys and the preg test at 6wks the bfp was very faint even at 6wks. With #3 it was very dark 4days before AF was due and dark then the control line on the day AF was due.

M/S is another story and I think that it has to do with what you are eating. I notice I do better with ice water then any other drink, I don't get m/s after eating a vegan meal but I am horribly sick after a few bits of meat, but I don't know about sodium because I don't want it anymore.

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I still wouldn't go off pg tests tho, I've had very dark tests early on (first day of missed period) with mine and they are obviously all boys.

amari
March 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I had morning sickness so horribly to the point i was on medication until two days after giving birth with both my children and they are boys! Also, my bff had such fast high levels of HCG they thought for sure she had twins and she has one healthy baby boy now!

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I got girl and no m/s with DD1 at all.DD2&3 kinda the same not super bad for like 12 weeks and very bad m/s with DD4 for 20 weeks.

pinkin2011
March 15th, 2012, 07:43 PM
My friend Used the FRER test and didnt get a faint line until the day she was due for af and she had a girl!!
My M/S seems to be the same as when I had d/s , My dr said you cant go off any symptoms you once had with prev preg because every preg is different and your body has been through it before. He said people say " My M/S is worse with this one must be a girl" or other way round and then find out it was the same gender as what the prev pregnancy was.
And I guess its the same a pregnancy tests , every one is different!