PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! Dairy or fruit/veges

Kiesse
March 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I have noticed through some peoples posts and sways that some have a HEAP of dairy but no or very little fruit/veges.

What is better, upping the dairy products or the fruit and veges?
I am eating a little dairy, a little cheese and yoghurt everyday but mainly having green salads or green veges (too scared to eat anything else as it will just tempt me into eating more and more. Im only a week in but doing really well so far.

So please advice, im reading so much im just confusing myself, I have put my swaying plan up for someone to have a look and give me opions but no replies as yet, please let me know what you all think, I SO NEED HELP!!!!!

amari
March 14th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I eat a lot of veggies, and a little bit of dairy too. My first meal I always do 1 yogurt, occasionally two. And usually cream cheese too amongst other things. My second meal I eat a lot of veggies. Always, a really big salad and then also sauteed leeks, zucchini, mushrooms and sometimes spaghetti squash too. I will often have peeled apples, and strawberries and bananas in my day too. I hope this helps! I think maybe a lot of ladies don't eat as much of them as I do, but I know Atomic approves of them, and I find if you feel you need to eat a lot as I do this is the only way to do it without going over on calories.

Kiesse
March 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I am finding it hard to get to my calorie level. I get to 1000 then find it really hard unless i go way over on proteins arrgghh its so confusing. I have added my sway plan on here can you have a look and tell me what you think. I have my foods listed of what i am eating.

NeedAGirl!
March 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
My diet is pretty horrid. I can't wait to be off it! I don't onsume a lot of veggies as I feel a variety its too nutritious. My normal Pre sway diett was very veg heavy and both my boys were conceived in late summer when I was eating loads of veg. Now I eat a few and I have about 1 serving of fat free dairy daily. I drink regular soda and eat candy to get enough calories without going over. I know my blood sugar probably goes up quickly but believe me, it crashes fast and hard which I feel is better than keeping it steady for hours.

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2012, 09:19 AM
You may get several different answers depending on each individual's take on swaying philosophy.

I do not believe minerals such as cal-mag sway pink and believe they may even sway blue http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html plus the cals, protein, and fat and other nutrients in dairy is very blue-friendly.

Some swayers believe in the "acid-alkaline" diets (I don't) and so they want to limit fruits and veg as "alkalinizing." Since I do not believe in that theory and in fact have quite a lot of evidence pointing the otehr direction (a plant-based, low fat, low protein diet sways pink and the fiber in fruit and veg causes testosterone and estrogen to be excreted from the body) I strongly suggest focusing a lot of your diet around vegetables and to a lesser extent, fruits.

People have gotten skeeved out because they have been trained to think of fruits/vegetables as "healthy" and packed with nutrition, but what is healthy for your heart, is not healthy in terms of fertility. Believe me, there is a lot more nutrition in terms of calories, protein, fat, and many different nutrients in things like dairy and pasta than in a big plate of broccoli. Yeah, the broccoli might have a bit more Vit. C - so what!! Nowhere near the amount you would get from one prenatal vitamin!!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I am finding it hard to get to my calorie level. I get to 1000 then find it really hard unless i go way over on proteins arrgghh its so confusing. I have added my sway plan on here can you have a look and tell me what you think. I have my foods listed of what i am eating.

There are a lot of tricks in the DM section that will help you with that. Even just drinking a couple pops a day can get you 300 extra cals for no other nutrition!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2012, 09:24 AM
My diet is pretty horrid. I can't wait to be off it! I don't onsume a lot of veggies as I feel a variety its too nutritious. My normal Pre sway diett was very veg heavy and both my boys were conceived in late summer when I was eating loads of veg. Now I eat a few and I have about 1 serving of fat free dairy daily. I drink regular soda and eat candy to get enough calories without going over. I know my blood sugar probably goes up quickly but believe me, it crashes fast and hard which I feel is better than keeping it steady for hours.

Remember tho - it's MY diet LOL so I get to say what's ok and what's not! Veggies are NOT too healthy for a sway diet - veggies are mostly water and fiber!! Of course, veggies as a PART of an overall fertility friendly diet, WILL sway blue (my example of 5 heads of broccoli smothered in hollandaise sauce, a steak, and a daily caloric intake in the 2000's). Veggies ALONE or as a sane part of a 1500-1800 cal low protein lowfat diet - no one is going to get a boy eating nothing but rabbit food - except rabbits.

NeedAGirl!
March 16th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Oh I know there are a lot more nutritious things than veggies fertility wise, I do worry about consuming a big variety of veggies, like I said. That is what I feel might be too nutritious as that big, colorful variety has pretty much everything your body needs!

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM
A colorful variety of veggies is great but in NO WAY does it have everything your body needs and certainly not what it needs for optimum fertility. Vegetables (exceptions being the higher protein legumes and avocado, which are limited on LE Diet anyway) have very little calories, protein, fat, B vitamins, and several micronutrients like zinc, some of the nutrients such as iron in veg are in forms that are not easily utilized by the body, and some veg also have chemicals in them that actually inhibit the absorption of certain nutrients.

What is nutritious in terms of heart health and preventing cancer is NOT what is nutritious for maintaining optimal fertility. For swaying blue, you want optimal fertility, not a diet that will prevent heart disease when you're 60!

CherryBlossom
August 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I have a question on this topic and I don't know if it has been answered on the forums or not.
Growing up My grandmother and mother always said , steaming vegetables is always better, having them crisp is always better. The more you boil the vegetables the less 'nutritious' it is?

How true is this?
If i boil my vegetables, is that better for my sway ?

Mum23boys
August 15th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I reckon boiling the hell out of them will help them loose most nutrients yes - the fresher and less cookd they are the more nutrients they hold.... well that was what i was told too and although i love crisp veg ive now leaned towards to boiling "!

Rosie85
August 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Yes the more veggies cook the more nutrients they lose. If you can boil to just crispy you are golden as far as cooked veggies go.

atomic sagebrush
August 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I have a question on this topic and I don't know if it has been answered on the forums or not.
Growing up My grandmother and mother always said , steaming vegetables is always better, having them crisp is always better. The more you boil the vegetables the less 'nutritious' it is?

How true is this?
If i boil my vegetables, is that better for my sway ?

It's true, but the amount of difference is tiny when compared to the amount of nutrition in a prenatal vitamin or fortified foods!!