grits
January 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM
Got anything quick, easy and delicious?

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 07:48 AM
I had to really think about "Super Bowl" then... LOL

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 08:21 AM
Are you talking healthy food or good food?

grits
January 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM
GOOD food. We have a party of about 50 invitees, the vast majority of them southern bred, beer drinking, truck (albeit Hummers and SUVs) driving MEN. They will be accepting none of my "oooo, it's sugar free gluten free fat free vegan" nonsense!

Hee hee

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Alright then. Have you ever made the Hooters wing saue chicken dip? You can eat it with fritos! They sell the sauce in the grocery store for Hooter's wings.

Meatballs in a crockpot, a pulled pork sandwiches and chips, chicken tenders with a good sauce, southwest egg rolls, a warn cheese dip with a salsa on the side, and I have to have something sweet too- a cake, cupcakes...something you can pick up and eat.

Daisy Mae
January 21st, 2011, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I have a dip recipe that sounds similar to NBP... actually, I guess you can say my mom has the recipe. Pretty easy to make. Involves chicken, Louisiana Hot Sauce, Blue Cheese Dressing, Cream Cheese, and Shredded Cheese. We like to use Frito Scoops or Tortilla Chips (and sometimes even Wheat Thins!). It may sound gross, but I am pretty picky and I LOVE it!

Daisy Mae
January 21st, 2011, 11:02 PM
Oh, and I meant to say, if you are interested in the recipe, let me know and I will give the details.

december
January 22nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
Grape jelly meatballs! The guys love 'em. Sliders are fairly easy to make and look pretty cute for game day. Potato skins with cheddar/bacon/green onions (we serve ours with a chipotle sour cream). Bowls of munchies like potato chips, pretzels and chex mix. I'm pretty sure guacamole and queso is a given.

I think we've made the same recipe Daisy Mae mentioned - that was a big hit.

My friend once hat a hot dog station - I thought it sounded kind of dumb at first, but she had soooo many different types of buns and fixings that everyone loved it. She had tons of different dogs and types of buns. Her fixings ranged everything form ketchup to fried onion straws to bbq pulled pork to mango salsa to capers. She made all these cute cards with suggestions on them too. It wasn't necessary - and most of the guys probably didn't notice, but I did notice one or two trying to follow her 'recipes'. I just thought that part was kind of cute and helpful (because I had no idea what to do with the mango salsa!).

I was googling and found this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/30-ways-to-top-a-hot-dog/pictures/index.html