PDA

View Full Version : To many veggies? Wrong foods?

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Right now this is what my diet has been looking like...

Peppermint tea for breakfast with equal.

Lunch- a fat free yogurt, salt free pretzels, diet soda, and some sort of other thing like fruit or toast.

Snack- usually 2 things.... like sugar free vanilla pudding with pretzels, or 100 calorie pack of cookies with pretzels... and crystal light or diet soda.

dinner- lots of veggies with rice or pasta. I have been doing mainly green beans, mushrooms, green peppers, leeks, and then I throw in whatever else I have (tomatoes/squash... not much of these though). Usually with sugar free strawberry low fat milk.

Snack after dinner- cranberry juice or peppermint tea with sugar free vanilla ice cream or more salt free pretzels, 100 calorie cookie pack, or fruit.

I feel like the fruit and veggies are going to sway boy though or the yogurt and milk. Im not sure what else to eat though. Im not eating a whole lot right now. I need some help!!! I feel like im screwing this up some how.

purplepoet20
March 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Try to stick to 1 veggie a day and no more then 1-1 1/2 cps. In my research for DH health I found that Peppers can raise testos. so it may be better to avoid. If you are following Atomics LE Diet then tomatoes are ok.

What I used for Veggie advice:

If it is brightly colored it is more likely to sway blue... carrots

If the inside is white and you cut the skin off then it is more likely to sway pink... squash, zucc, cucum, and eggplant.

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks a lot i will stick to just 1!

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Veggies are fine on the LE Diet in as much quantity as you like. You don't even need to count calories, protein, or fat in them. i think your diet looks great altho I am concerned you're not getting enough potassium. 2500-3500 mg a day!

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks a lot i will stick to just 1!

That advice is NOT part of the LE Diet and I totally disagree with it. There are a heck of a lot less nutrients in vegetables than there are in dairy and grain foods. Vegetables are totally free (exception high protein veggies like beans/peas, or fatty ones like avocado and olive) and you can have as much as you like.

amari
March 18th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I couldn't do this without a ton of veggies! I am so hungry and i need to eat a lot at each of my meals. I do strawberries, iceberg, cucumbers, mushrooms, radish, zucchini, leeks, everyday, plus cauliflower, spaghetti squash, bananas, a lot of days among other things. GL!

Mochagirl
March 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I agree with amari - I loaded up on the veggies to help make me feel full.

purplepoet20
March 19th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I did 1 a day because the more you eat the more nutirents you keep in your body. But eating a different one everyday you change the vitamins that you get from your food. Nearly all veggies contain A and C but some are higher in D, K, E, and zinc. These vitamins are not just in the skin. If you are not taking any prenatals then it would be ok to eat as much as you like but I was taking a prenatal.

Because of my vitamin issues I have learned a lot about fruits and veggies and how they affect you. The nutrients in everything you eat will affect you for up to a week.

Mochagirl
March 19th, 2012, 03:45 PM
That makes more sense, pp. I wasn't taking a prenatal.

cape grace
March 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
hi
i follow the LE diet with atomic's advise and eat lots of fruit and veg.. apparently there is research that says vegetarians have more girls! That enough for me :-)

coocoobananas
March 19th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I'm hoping the low everything works for me! My husband has always had a scalding hot bath and I've been a vegetarian for 17 years...alas, I have 2 boys!!

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
The amount of nutrients in vegetables is VERY VERY tiny compared to things like pasta, dairy, etc. Calories, fat, protein ARE nutrients. Please do not limit yourself to one serving of vegetables a day, I BEG YOU. You will not get enough potassium for your health without fruits and vegetables. Low nutrient is not NO nutrient.

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I'm hoping the low everything works for me! My husband has always had a scalding hot bath and I've been a vegetarian for 17 years...alas, I have 2 boys!!

Some people can just overcome those things tho because they're so fertile to begin with!

girly5533
March 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
That is great news! I really could use more veggies...