PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy a crib tent tonight!

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
My little man has always had a habit of climbing out of the crib but it stopped for a while and he was behaving himself when in the crib. Last night was HORRIBLE! He can jump out of his crib in 1.5 seconds and I have to bite the bullet and just get the stupid crib tent now. I really didn't want to do that...but now I have no choice! Why is he so curious? Ahhhhhhh!!!!

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM
LOL. We had to put DD 3 back in her crib when we found her on the sofa at 6AM with the iPad! No idea how long she had been there!

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
LOL. We had to put DD 3 back in her crib when we found her on the sofa at 6AM with the iPad! No idea how long she had been there!

LOL that is funny. How old is she?

Jojo, can you try a sleeping sack? The ones that zip up the bottom? He would have restricted leg movement then.

december
January 21st, 2011, 09:34 AM
LOL that is funny. How old is she?

Jojo, can you try a sleeping sack? The ones that zip up the bottom? He would have restricted leg movement then.

Yes, try a sleep sack! Liam used to pull himself up before he was really steady enough and he would fall and hit his little head. I used to put him in sleep sacks so he couldn't try and stand up in his crib (which would lead to the inevitable fall).

It would be very hard for them to get their little legs over wearing one of those things!

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:38 AM
Also, you can get them to size 4. FWI

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 09:38 AM
I tried those. Bought a bunch and he always gets out of them. He actually put his head through the sleeve to get out of it! That child is a wiz when it comes to getting out of clothing. I have never seen anything like it. I have put sleepers on backwards, duct tape on the zipper...you name it. He just pulls at the neck until he makes it loose enough to get out of it. He is so BOLD! He can also take his diaper off without taking his clothes off. Figure that one out! OMG!

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 09:51 AM
LL- she is 3. Loves babies on you tube! Figured out how to work it on her own. It's her favorite toy now!

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Aww that is so cute. My DS loves to watch clips of other babies on YouTube too. So funny!

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM
That is really cute. My baby is really into other babies right now. He's always talking about babies. I guess he wants me to have another :P

LL...I have gotten the sacks in very large sizes. I had a woman custom make me some on ebay. I bet your little guy would fit in them great. Do you want them? Mine tried them but it didnt' work out.

Lilac♥
January 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
DD4 has been sleeping in a toddler bed for a while now, since as soon as our kids learn to crawl out of their cribs DH says it's time to put the crib away. Well actually she's been sleeping in MY bed. The sleeping arrangements in this house are a mess! All 4 girls are in the same room right now so they never want to go to bed on time, and it's driving me crazy! I wish DD4 was still in a crib. She goes to sleep just fine when her sisters aren't bugging her. I hope this madness ends soon.

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
the thing is...I really don't want A running around while we are sleeping. I can see him climbing out of his toddler bed and then roaming the whole upstairs. That makes me freak out. We have one of those 2 story family rooms and the rails always scare me. I know they are sturdy but it still bugs me. I never let the kids upstairs unless they are sleeping. Last night he refused to sleep in his crib and slept in bed with dh and I. I am hurting all over this morning. I have a stiff neck and back. I don't want a repeat of that tonight. I have a crib tent on hold at the baby store in town. I can't wait to stick his butt in his crib tonight...ha!

AprilMay
January 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Oh, I hope it works! I have to sleep in the same room with Caden because he sleep walks. But I prefer sleeping with Caden to sleeping with DH. Caden is small, soft, snuggly and smells good. DH is large, hairy, snores, doesn't smell good and is always grabbing my boobs.

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Oh, I hope it works! I have to sleep in the same room with Caden because he sleep walks. But I prefer sleeping with Caden to sleeping with DH. Caden is small, soft, snuggly and smells good. DH is large, hairy, snores, doesn't smell good and is always grabbing my boobs.

haha...I know the feeling. A actually does sleep in our room. It's just...we keep the door open in case the other kids need us. If A climbed out of his crib or toddler bed, he would be in a dangerous situation, I think. I would have to do all sorts of baby proofing upstairs. I just keep the kids downstairs for the most part because they won't be little forever and the amount of stuff we would have to proof is mindboggling at this point! I don't know when I'll transition the little man to his own room. The big boys are asking for A to share with them. Really? I wasn't going to do that but they want him there. So now I'm looking into having a set of bunkbeds and a twin in 1 room. We have enough room for all the kids to have their own space and yet they all want to be together. I don't get it!

AprilMay
January 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
I think it's sweet that they want to be together! My big boys did too. But that was mostly so they could share their TV and Xbox I think, LOL. They have always shared a room!

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
I think it's sweet that they want to be together! My big boys did too. But that was mostly so they could share their TV and Xbox I think, LOL. They have always shared a room!

Haha...that's funny! I have no idea why an 8 and 6 year old would want to bunk with a baby...but they do! they are so funny! A would keep them up all night. I don't think they really realize what they are asking of me. I have to give it more thought.

Lilac♥
January 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah DD4 has fallen down part of the stairs once in the middle of the night, so I've been freaked out ever since. My DH is working graveyards right now so there's plenty of room in my bed for her, but she always likes to snuggle in right next to me and my back is always so sore in the morning. And I know it's a horrible habit for her to have. My older two like to share, but they hate having the little ones in there. So I'm thinking we have to put at least them in their own room ASAP. Not sure how I'll end up arranging the younger 3, especially if this is another girl.

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah DD4 has fallen down part of the stairs once in the middle of the night, so I've been freaked out ever since. My DH is working graveyards right now so there's plenty of room in my bed for her, but she always likes to snuggle in right next to me and my back is always so sore in the morning. And I know it's a horrible habit for her to have. My older two like to share, but they hate having the little ones in there. So I'm thinking we have to put at least them in their own room ASAP. Not sure how I'll end up arranging the younger 3, especially if this is another girl.

When do you have your u/s to find out??? I'm so excited for you. Even if it's another girl, you make such pretty girls! I know you really want a boy so I am hoping you have one in there. You have to keep us posted!

Our 10 year is this August and I am asking for a king size bed. I'm done with a queen. My dh likes to be "close" at night (blah) and I need ROOM!

Lilac♥
January 22nd, 2011, 01:16 AM
When do you have your u/s to find out??? I'm so excited for you. Even if it's another girl, you make such pretty girls! I know you really want a boy so I am hoping you have one in there. You have to keep us posted!

Our 10 year is this August and I am asking for a king size bed. I'm done with a queen. My dh likes to be "close" at night (blah) and I need ROOM!

I don't have an ultrasound date yet, I will schedule it on Tuesday for as soon as they will let me.

Yeah we have a queen bed and we keep saying the next bed we buy will be a king size, but that depends on where we live and whether one will fit in our bedroom. I'm worried though that with a king we'd never see each other again, those things are huge! Our 10th anniversary isn't until June 2012, but I want to go to Alaska for it on a family trip. Orginally I was thinking just DH and I would go somewhere fun alone. But I have a lot of family up there that haven't met most of our kids, and I'm scared one or both of my grandparents are going to die soon. My goal is to have this baby and then work my butt off to lose all my weight before then, but I don't know if I'll be able to pull that off while breastfeeding. I just won't want to do anything for our anniversary if I'm fat. I should have kept TTC a year ago, I would've had this baby 3 months ago and had plenty of time.

PlanB
January 22nd, 2011, 05:30 AM
Nbp - that is sooo funny about you dd3 on the couch with an iPad at 3am.

Aprilmay - so funny about ds being nicer in bed than dh. Would agree but my dd sleeps sideways.

We gave a tent cot. Not sure it's the same thing. It's like a tent on the floor with a matress inside? My kids run around the house inside it when we arent watching. You sure he won't just get out of that too. What about a lock on the door to his room. Then he could just play in his room? Or will he get scared?

WantingButWaiting
January 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Be careful. Babies have strangled in their crib tents. I thought about it because I was not ready for mine to be running around either but decided to suck it up and baby proof and get a babygate. It wasn't too bad of a transition.

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Oh crap! Really? That's not good! HE HATES IT! I am completely bummed out now. What to do, what to do?? It would be really hard to proof upstairs. The upper landing is scary being all open with just a nothing rail there to protect someone. I don't even like going near it. Geez...I'm really lost on this.

Lilac...I can't wait to find out what you are having! Very exciting! I can't wait for a king size bed....I'm looking forward to getting lost! I can't stand sleeping near people. I wanna go back to the days where man and wife had 2 separate beds. It worked for Lucy and Ricky! LOL!

WantingButWaiting
January 22nd, 2011, 08:57 PM
LOL! I'd love my own bed too. Even my own room!

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
LOL! I'd love my own bed too. Even my own room!

That's what I'm talkin' about!