PDA

View Full Version : Hospital bag

Journey2dFuture
March 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM
When and What did you pack in your hospital bag?
Searching online a lot of the things on the list don't necessary. What were the things you couldn't go without?

Bumblebee
March 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
For baby:

An outfit to wear immediately after birth, vest, babygrow, hat and mittens.
An outfit to wear or change into if you give baby a bath/cleanup in postnatal ward or a coloured outfit ie pink or blue, vest, babygrow, hat and mittens
An outfit for going home! including baby blanket and outwear like baby jacket depending on weather.
Nappies
Cotton wool/pads
Baby wash if giving it a bath or clean
and bibs if you are going to bottle feed

For you:

Nursing nightwear if you are breastfeeding
Labour room dressing gown for early labour stages or if you want to change into something comfortable while you are in labour
hear bands/clips to keep your hair out of the way
Tissues
Camera - make sure its fully charged
lots of Disposable knickers or old knickers
Maternity Pads
Breast pads if you are breastfeeding
Nursing bra if you are breastfeeding
Slippers and socks to keep your toes warm!
Snacks - sweets, fruit mints, drinks any comfort stuff that you can eat after labour or during if allowed
Washbag, travel toothbrush, toothpaste, mini hairbrush, lip balm, face cream, antibacterial hand gel, and liquid soap or shower gel and body cream and deodorant.
Book or Ipod just in case for labour or even postnatal ward if you get bored and babys asleep and you're waiting for the doctor to let you go home!!
Going home outfit.

Um can't think of anything else. HTH. :)

PeonyPrincess
March 27th, 2012, 05:55 AM
You sound seriously organised Bumblebee!! I always have a dummy (pacifier) on hand for the night when they are super grizzly desperate for the milk to come in, and I just need a bit of sleep.

Princess of Pink
March 27th, 2012, 06:35 AM
If breastfeeding some nipple cream like Lansinoh or similar and maybe some hydrogel breast pads or similar. Nipples can be super tender at the beginning. Better to keep them happy right from the first feed than try and heal cracked nipples.

Breast-feeding friendly clothing to wear and PJ's. You don't realise how impossible it is to feed in some of your normal clothes until you have a baby!!

A breast feeding pillow of some kind will help stop getting a sore back and arms.

LOTS of maternity pads...I find that the first week I use 2 at once sort of beside each other overlapping...I tend to gush blood a lot when breast feeding. Lots of spare clothes, or bottoms in case of leaks.

Colleenrob
March 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM
After 2babies my bag with wheels and pull out handle was my best item and the bags on ready again baby 3 due August

Bumblebee
May 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
bump!

atomic sagebrush
May 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Snacks and stuff to drink with caffeine in it. That is the one thing I've missed with all three of my hospital births.

Hobbermittens
May 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I always bring 2 baby outfits, 2 onesies, phone, phone charger, camera, extra camera batteries, snacks for DH, a book to read, a name book if needed, CHAPSTICK, NB diapers, and I think that's it. Oh, and something to wear home!