PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Luvs diapers and have had a problem with them?

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 09:06 AM
Ok...so luvs apparently changed their diapers but they are all messed up now. I have talked to a few people about this and now they are all leaking and the straps BREAK after a few hours of wearing! Anyone have this happen? I think I'm going to call Luvs and report their diapers. I switched to Pampers now and that's huge for me because I'm so cheap :oops:

Lillylolly
January 21st, 2011, 09:20 AM
You need to get into cloth diapering Jojo. Maybe we can convert you??

december
January 21st, 2011, 09:36 AM
I use Luvs at night (cloth diaper the rest of the day). I noticed they changed them, but I haven't been having any problems at all. Maybe I just don't notice because it's only the one a day?

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
You need to get into cloth diapering Jojo. Maybe we can convert you??

I doubt you would ever convert me. I hate laundry and would never want to give myself more of it. I just don't have it in me to do it. Nice try, though...haha!

ErinEfron
January 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM
Once the babies all got older I started using Luvs and I liked them. They worked just fine for me

Tweens&aBaby
January 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
I don't know on Luvs but I have a box of pampers sitting in my closet I am scared to use - due to the recall a while ago. I bought it right after that and saved them for emergencies :P

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 03:12 PM
I don't know on Luvs but I have a box of pampers sitting in my closet I am scared to use - due to the recall a while ago. I bought it right after that and saved them for emergencies :P

What recall? I never used Pampers before. Always been a Luvs gal...up until recently....

Tweens&aBaby
January 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Weren't they burning kids. Some chemical thing? I'm not sure all the details but there was a bad batch or something. I actually only used Huggies the first 8 months or so (due to the mass amount of coupons they sent me) and now I only use the costco generic diapers. Love them.

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
I tried using the babydry from papmers and I did not like them. They feel like plastic and they leaked with DS. I went back tp pampers swaddlers but I would love a less expensive option. So, do Luvs feel like plastic? In the summer they seem hot to me.

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 03:23 PM
Luvs actually don't feel any different than any other diaper to me. They used to hold leaks like no other and were really inexpensive. I was very disappointed that they started breaking and leaking. Maybe it's a few bad batches but i don't think so. My SIL also has had trouble with them. Maybe I'll try Huggies. I have used them a few times when i got samples in the mail. They were pretty cool.

CocoChanel
January 21st, 2011, 03:26 PM
The only problem I have with Luvs is they don't seem stretchy to me around the waist. But I have nominated Luvs as the cutest print and color(my own personal contest)

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
The only problem I have with Luvs is they don't seem stretchy to me around the waist. But I have nominated Luvs as the cutest print and color(my own personal contest)

Yeah, the blues clues? The pampers have elmo and A is into him lately. So he likes those pampers. My niece loves BC, though. I don't know who huggies has on their diaper??

Azuremyst
January 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Since Luvs are made by Pampers im sure the quality is similiar. There's a group on FB about boycotting Pampers due to the "dry max" burning babies butts.

CocoChanel
January 21st, 2011, 06:57 PM
I think Huggies is Mickey Mouse?? I notice a big difference in Pampers and Luvs. Pampers you can get the deluxe swaddlers, the cruisers, etc. Pampers are top of the line in my book, because at this point, I try to spend as little as possible on diapers, lol! Luvs are bottom of the line. Well, unless you go for the Walmart or Target brand which we do all the time :p The only diapers I was suspicious of giving a rash was the Jeans diapers. They sure were cute though.

Azuremyst
January 21st, 2011, 08:46 PM
Huggies supreme have pooh bear.

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 09:37 PM
Since Luvs are made by Pampers im sure the quality is similiar. There's a group on FB about boycotting Pampers due to the "dry max" burning babies butts.

Oh wow! That's crazy! We haven't had any issues with them burning our childs butt. I don't think we are getting dry max though?? I will have to check. I just know they have elmo on them.

Daisy Mae
January 21st, 2011, 10:58 PM
I use a mix of Luvs and Pampers... so I can have cheap and good diapers throughout the day. I haven't had any problems lately, but maybe it has to do with the age of the child? I am using them for my 2 year old and I doubt he has as sensitive skin as a newborn.

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, my son is almost 2. He really does fine with any disposable. Hardly ever has diaper rash. Maybe once?? Def not a lot.

december
January 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
What recall? I never used Pampers before. Always been a Luvs gal...up until recently....

Kids were getting chemical burns from them. Liam got crazy red after DH accidentally grabbed the new Drymax. Luvs has always been fine.. which I find weird because they are both made by P&G.

MyLilSweetPeas
February 3rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
I get Luvs and I haven't had a problem. I did notice they have changed in appearance though. Hopefully it is just a bad batch. I used Pampers with my other 3 kids and then with B I switched over to Luvs. I honestly can't tell a difference in Pampers and Luvs except the price.

Liv
February 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
I use both cloth and disposables. Here is my review:
Swaddlers were awesome
Pampers sensitive were great
Huggies Supreme were great
Huggies were fair...didn't have a great fit, but were okay
Luvs were awful ...i disliked like the texture and they had no stretch

Jojogirl
February 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM
In the last few weeks, I have tried both pampers and huggies. I'm undecided on which I like better. I am thinking probably pampers.

nuthinbutpink
February 4th, 2011, 09:20 AM
After reading this, I bought Luvs because they are cheap and I like them better than the Pampers Swaddlers. DS pees so much that the swaddlers at night were huge and puffy when they were wet(not all night, just after a 4-5 hour stretch) and the Luvs don't feel that way when wet. I know they are cheaper and I had assumed lesser quality, but they seem to function better for DS. I do prefer the swaddlers soft outside and they definitely seem like a nicer diaper to the touch. Luvs do not stretch at all at the waist but DS is long and lean so it works for us.

crystal-light
February 4th, 2011, 10:03 PM
No problems w/ the new style Luvs here but we only use them at night.