PDA

View Full Version : how to turn a breech baby?

Hollie86
January 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hi all, all my scans i had before 18weeks, baby was head down and facing the right way, last week when i had my anomaly scan at 21wks, hes completely flipped, hes is complete breech and facing the wrong way now! So am looking for advice on how to get him to turn please? any suggestions will be great :bigsmile:
Im just so worried hes going to stay this way and ill not be able to have the homebirth we had planned, im not sure if we will have time to get to the hospital as we didnt with DS3 who ended up 'accidently' delivered at home by a paramedic! But i know that if this little one stays breech the best place to be will be the hospital......i just want to try everything to get hime to turn before then. On the upside, because he was being awkward, the tech at my scan last week couldnt get all the measurements so i get to see baby again next week........the tech did say everything was healthy, they just need the measurement for their records.

Pixiedoll
January 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
21 weeks is fine for a breech! I am 28 weeks with this one who is breech and she kicks my bladder loads-oweee! I've been told most babies will have turned by 35-36 weeks no problem. My midwife is not concerned at all and I'm now in the 3rd Tri so I really think you'll be okay. GL hon, hope that little monkey behaves!
x

Hollie86
January 21st, 2011, 09:47 AM
thanks hun, im just worried about tit because i know it can make the birth more difficult as i wont be able to have a c-section, i don recover properly from any kind of anaesthetic so that rules out general and an epidural......i was a breech baby and my mam started me worrying as i was thinking its ok, ive got loads of time, then my said i was breech from quite early on and never turned back even though the docs tried....maybe i was just awkward lol.......bet DH would say i still am lol x

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Too early to worry! They can flip around until the end!!

Pixiedoll
January 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Agree with NBP, Defo-apparently babies actually prefer being head up as it's more comfortable but get 'sucked' into position towards the end...I hope yours turn as I hope mine does! I REALLY don't want a section so I do know how you feel but don't let people stress you. xx

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2011, 01:36 PM
I totally agree that babies can flip till the end and 21 weeks is too soon to worry. But I did want to share with you the tip that turned my breech baby.

If you take an ironing board and prop it against your couch so it's slanted, and then lie on it with your head down and your feet in the air, the force of gravity will pull the baby down and allow he/she to flip. It worked for me the very first time I did it and I was 71/2 months pg.

Hollie86
January 21st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks atomic, ill have to give it a go.....may need to buy an ironing board 1st though lol!

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
They tend to flip before birth. My dd did...but then she turned back breech at the last minute again. Little stinker. Once you hit 37/38 weeks and if the baby is still flipped, then you can try hanging off the couch upside down. I did this...LOL! Just be careful. My friend who is an ob said to shine a flashlight at your hooha! The baby will go towards the light. Same thing with playing music down by the hooha! Funny stuff!

Azuremyst
January 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
At 21 weeks they have tons of time to turn and turn back then turn again so im told!