PDA

View Full Version : Very short luteal phase..

Kiara
March 22nd, 2012, 12:32 AM
I have always been regular but the last two months my ovulation has come only 7-8 days before my period. Is it possible to become pregnant with a luteal phase that short? Can Evening primrose oil help me,or would it make it worse? I am still breastfeeding my daughter and my got my period back a few months ago. Hoping that someone can help me!

Kiara
March 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
No one that knows? Could vitamin b 6 help?

Cinss
March 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Hi Kiara, yes Vit B6 helps with short luteal phase. Are you positive you are Oing when you think you are? I dropped EPO from my sway because it really mucked up my cycles.

Lilian78
March 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I think you generally need at least 10 days . . . I think mine is also short, so I'm trying B6--heard it helps, but just started taking it, so no personal experience. Wishing you lots of luck :)

Kiara
March 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Hi! Thanks for your answer! According to the opk I was ovulating about 8 days before my period the two last months. This is my first month with epo and I have noticed that It feels a little bit different in my belly ( more pain) but I dont know if that has anything to do with it. I was thinkijng I could try this month and see how it goes. Do you know when to start taking vitamin b and what dosis? I've heard like 50 mg , is that right?

Cinss
March 28th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Up to 100 mg once daily. EPO also gave me that bloated feeling.

sweetpea
March 28th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Have you tried Vitex? Also, acupuncture can help too, but it does sway blue.

pearl
March 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
I have same problem short luteal phase (8-9 days). My doctor gave me clomid, I also took B6 100mg. We will see in 9 days if i got pg this cycle. My doctor told me that clomid should make my luteal phase longer and it is also sway girl.

rainbowflower
March 29th, 2012, 02:00 AM
whilst BF and TTC, my LP was sometimes as short as 3 days. Before having my son, it was 11 days which is still a bit on the short side. It's possible to conceive with a 7-8 day LP but you'd have to be very lucky to get an early implantation. Normally implantation doesn't occur until 7-9dpo so for most of the eggs your body wouldn't be able to hold on that long.

I took vitex (which also sways pink) and vit B6 to lengthen LP. I also took omega 3 fish oil (similar to EPO, and possibly sways blue a bit) to make my lining more receptive to implantation. My LP went from 9 (when reducing some BF) up to 12 days the first cycle when taking those supplements, and I got my BFP the next cycle!

Kiara
March 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hi! Thanks for all your answers! I am swaying for blue:) I bought vitamin b today (one that contains different kinds of the vitamin b and 100 mg of the b6, I've heard that you shouldn't just take vitamin b6 alone) Is vitex something a doctor need to prescribe? I'm afraid that if I go they will just tell me to stop breastfeeding or they won't help me. But maybe they can help me anyway?
Im am taking royal jelly (helped me to become pregnant fast with my dd), EPO and omega 3 (salmon oil) And now the vitamin B. Does anyone know how long you have to take the vitamin b6 for it to have effect?