PDA

View Full Version : Ph levels

OneLastDream
January 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hi does anyone have any idea how to lower my ph levels - I can't take cranberry supplements and aspartame seems to raise my ph - replens lowers it a bit but not for long. I am living on rice pastA no fat yog frozen raspberries green beans leeks and the occassional chicken or eggs oh and milk and low salt low fat White bread. I am taking saw palmetto acidophilus mag calcium folic acid and zinc. Any help would be really appreciated - going to try and get hold of some refresh or acijel if they ship worldwide. Thank so much x

atomic sagebrush
January 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM
I can also ship you RePhresh if you can't find it online, they have it in the drugstores here.

If you can't get the pH down, no worries. Concentrate instead on reducing CM and lowering sperm count, I really think those are the most important things anyway. Your pH will be lower just because you have less CM.

OneLastDream
January 21st, 2011, 02:08 PM
I am going to have a proper look tonight - am trying to keep away from the laptop but then I always find I need to go on it!!!! I have the antihistamines ready to take but am curious as to how I will test my ph with no cm??? I have to use a moon cup at the moment to do it as I cant seem to get it another way although at the moment I seem to have more for some reason. DH has been wearing tighty whities for a few months now, abstaining, no red meat etc, hot showers and baths - is there other stuff we can do to lower his sperm count? I think my testosterone has lowered in some ways as I seem to be a lot more easy going (which is very nice for me so must be bliss for dh!!!) but my hair still gets greasy and skin still gets greasy - does this mean its not lowered enough? Thanks so much

Viene
January 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Frequent release or abstinence more than 7 days also lowers sperm count. If it were me though I would shoot for the frequent release.

OneLastDream
January 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
we have been doing abstinence because we done frequent release for all our DS's so I thought we should do the opposite - is that not a good idea? Thanks

lindi
January 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
tagging along

Viene
January 21st, 2011, 09:20 PM
I think if you are going to do abstinence I would recommend abstaining for a long time, much longer than the 7 days if you can. When you did frequent with your boys was it just daily for a few days around O or more like daily for 1-2 weeks?

For the pH thing, I am assuming if you are eating like that you are losing weight and if you are that can help lower pH, but isn't instant. Your body needs to get over that "hump" that keeps throwing out the bicarb trying to counter the acidic process of weight loss. You could also try lime douche. Frequent exposure to a certain pH range can retrain your pH to be that range.

OneLastDream
January 22nd, 2011, 01:21 PM
How long is a long time? With ds1 we basically done it every day or every other for the whole month we actually fell!! It turned into a chore at the time!!! Ds2 is a bit of a blur so not sure. Ds3 was every day or every other for about 2to 3 weeks - abstinence will probably be about 10-12 days is that long enough? Have been on the diet for about 3 months now although was a bit bad over new year! Thanks for your help

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
The other downside about abstinence is it can make the sperm not so good quality.

If you're going for abstinence, I think 10-12 days is plenty. If you go too long, you can run the risk of "nocturnal emissions" and that ruins everything LOL!

I agree with V about the weight loss. I got pretty acidic just from losing weight, no supps.

Oh, and I don't think that your skin oiliness can necessarily mean your T isn't lowering, it may just take a little longer for your skin to clear up.

OneLastDream
January 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
haha - I wont tell him that - will give him ideas!!! not sure he is liking this abstaining bit that much!!! Will keep trying with abstaining for a few more months and then maybe re-evaluate - I dont mind waiting if it gives us more of a chance!!! I forgot to say I am eating cottage cheese and cucumber too and that seemed to lower my ph earlier. Thanks again everyone