PDA

View Full Version : Had a Gender Scan Today..what would you all think??

2 lil pinks
March 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hi all,

So i went in for an elective gender scan today at 16 +3. I just need to know as I want to cope with possibly letting go of the dream of having a son to complete our family of girls. Well, as luck would have it the cord was in the way! The tech was wonderful and had me move side to side and was really searching. Once the baby moved a bit she said "oh, look at that, i think we have a lil penis". I, shocked asked how sure and she said not to get too excited, but she's thinking its a boy.

So she had me keep moving and the cord wouldn't move clear enough out of the way. So I have to go back on Saturday, she said drink LOTS of water in the coming days, and eat a big lunch about 30 min before. We left it at that and with her saying she is 70% sure from what she saw and the shadowing/angles of potty shot that it is a boy.

Oddly, I'm more emotionless than I thought I'd be, and I'm more scared than ever. scared to get my hopes up really. I personally know someone who went in at 16 weeks & was told BOY & at 20wks and Birth! it was a GIRL!

So, what would you all think? 70% is good chance, right? Anyone else been told wrong at 16 weeks? (which I know is on the early side) Also, I really do trust that she really thinks its a boy, as we talked beforehand and she stated she knows all the emotions I'm feeling as she dreamed of a girl to complete her fam, and she has 3 boys.

nuthinbutpink
March 22nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
That's hard because if she didn't see clearly then it's just a guess. The good news is whatever is down there will be that much bigger and drinking lots of water to get your fluid level up should really help!

I hope you see boy!

TTC5
March 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
I hope you hear boy again !!!

MatildaMai
March 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
I know several people IRL who were told its a girl and then at birth had a boy. None the other way around though! So hoping your boy stays a boy!

Cinss
March 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah i agree with MatildaMai, it would be hard to see a penis if there was no penis if you know what i mean. I think 70% is great, and next time the tech will be 100%.

Myloves
March 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
I really hope you hear boy again, dear :awe:.

LolaInLove
March 23rd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Good luck! I hope you have a baby boy in there!

2 lil pinks
March 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Thank you all for the boy wishes...i hope so too, dear God i really do. Trying to stay busy today & keep my mind busy with other things. I'll keep you all posted...!

KnockYourBallsOff
March 24th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Hoping it's your boy!!!! Can't wait to hear the news!

Duley30
March 24th, 2012, 03:12 AM
I really hope you get your long awaited boy....xx

2 lil pinks
March 24th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Update: Went in today and if you can believe it, the cord was even MORE in the way! She said today she got absolutley nothing, baby is so small yet that the cord is larger than the legs, which is where it is laying right through/under. I feel like this is God's way of letting me know I should just wait:sigh:!!! NOW I have to go back in 2 weeks,which now I doubting if i should even do...thinking i should just wait the extra 10 days until i get my regular 20w scan, as I feel like I'm exposing this growing, developing, precious new addition to loads of unnecessary ultrasound exposure...(which i don't know if it's true that they are harmful to babies brains...dang that google and dang the internet sometimes!!) So much wonderful stuff, but also so much to freak you out and make you think over analyze/worry...ugh, sorry, stressball here. I'm going to go take my precious girls to the park and try not to think!!

Bumblebee
March 26th, 2012, 01:17 PM
good luck I hope you get your baby boy! :fingers:

KnockYourBallsOff
March 26th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Ugh! How frustrating!!!! Do what you think is best! Still hoping it's a boy for you :)

Myloves
March 27th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Aw, hope you find out soon enough!

2 lil pinks
April 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Went back today at 18 weeks.....tech is confirdent it's a BOY!!! She said despite the baby not being in the optimal position she saw all "boy parts" and kept saying this is a little boy. I am so overwhelmed and grateful and truthfully I don't think it will really sink in until I am holding him. It's like its just too good to be true and I have to keep telling myself not to doubt and second guess since we all know ultrasounds can be wrong. Anyways, thanks to all the kind words and healthy baby dust to us all!!

Ribbons
April 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Congrats!!!

Mochagirl
April 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
YAY - Congrats!!!

Myloves
April 7th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Congrats on your boy :bigboy:

hopingforsaskia
April 10th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Yay congrats!!! :bighug:

Flava
April 10th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Congrats!
Why didn't she gave you a gender pic so you don't have to second guess? I would just hate that I don't have nothing to stare at lol

LolaInLove
April 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Aw, that's awesome! Congrats on your baby boy!!!!

myGirl
April 10th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Congrats on your baby boy!!

KnockYourBallsOff
April 10th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Thank goodness! Congrats on your blue bundle! So happy for you!

love-my-kids
April 14th, 2012, 04:10 PM
CONGRATS!!!!