PDA

View Full Version : Blood sugar

Mrshill
March 22nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Wouldnt your blood sugar be lower in the morning since you haven't eaten anything all night?

Ribbons
March 22nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Yes, that's why we skip breakfast - to extend that period out as much as is possible.

Mrshill
March 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
So wouldn't a attempt in the morning be better. Sorry should have added the second part of my question.

Mrshill
March 22nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Oh wait I think it just clicked. You want to make a attempt at night bc then the sperm are in a low blood sugar enviroment for a longer period of time. If you do a attempt in the morning then your blood sugar will rise when you do eat at lunch. I think this is right.

rainbowflower
March 23rd, 2012, 04:17 AM
unless you BD right at OV, I don't think it would make a difference - the sperm carries on waiting up in the fallopian tubes until the egg pops out, so the "environment" will likely be changing to higher/lower glucose throughout the day anyway. (assuming the environment adjusts that fast - I don't know that anyone has tested how quickly it reacts when you eat)

amari
March 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
I agree with rainbowflower, its not an instantaneous thing that when you bd, poof, the sperm meets egg. The glucose levels will ebb and flow so I wouldn't worry about when you are eating. You could while dtd and then 12 hours later the sperm and egg meet!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
So wouldn't a attempt in the morning be better. Sorry should have added the second part of my question.

It makes no difference really. It's your overall diet that counts, not what your blood sugar is at any one point of the day. In fact, it's blood sugar AFTER conception that seems to matter most anyway (because XX develop better in lower glucose environmnent.)

Otherwise blue swayers would just BD in the morning to get a boy and we all know that doesn't cut the mustard!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Oh wait I think it just clicked. You want to make a attempt at night bc then the sperm are in a low blood sugar enviroment for a longer period of time. If you do a attempt in the morning then your blood sugar will rise when you do eat at lunch. I think this is right.

You're overthinking it - it's that having lower blood sugar sends some message to your body that a girl pg has a better shot of survival (before conception) and then after conception, XX fertilized eggs develop better in a lower glucose environment.

Sperm have nothing to do with blood sugar levels (that we know of) and in fact you can get pg from sperm that hangs out in the VJ for several days prior to O and sugar levels in CM go up and down all the time, it's that the fertilized egg itself prefers the lower glucose environment and there may be some function of the egg itself that becomes more receptive to X or Y sperm if it "knows" times are hard and there is less food available.