PDA

View Full Version : NeedAGirl!'s Girl sway WORKED!!!

NeedAGirl!
March 23rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
NAME- NeedAGirl!
GENDER RESULTED - GIRL!!!

I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me! Psalm 13:6
I have heard your prayers and seen your tears. 2 Kings 20:5
Weeping may remain for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning! Psalm 30:5
Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy! Psalm 126:5
Prasie be to God who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! Psalm 66:20

DIET
I was on the diet for almost 5 months prior to attempt. Started on October 26, 2011 until BFP on March 21, 2012. My diet was changed completely. I never paid attention to counting calories or what I ate before although in my pre-sway diet I ate a variety of fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy meats, etc before this diet. I also never realized how much sodium I consumed! (and I hardly add salt to my food) So this was way different.

Followed the LE diet. Basically ate the same things – plain rice or pasta as my main meals of the day. 1 or 2 servings of fat free dairy daily. Some fruits (mostly apples and some berries) and vegetables (mostly lettuce). Ate salt free crackers, salt free baked tortilla chips, salt free homemade bread, etc. Also ate a fair amount of fat free candy and regular soda just for the calories. Followed my amounts of nutrients consumed with FitDay. My average calorie intake varied. At the beginning, I ate around 1200 cal until my BMI dropped to about 18.5. Once it did, I increased to 1600 cal as I found that was the amount I needed to stop losing weight. I ate about 30g of protein, 15-20g of fat daily and less than 700mg of sodium daily. I had a few cheats but they were rare.

I felt weight loss was really important and I did not have a whole lot to lose. My weight went from 132 to 110 at my BFP (BMI 21.6 to 18.0). Even though I tried hard to maintain my weight, it actually fell from 113 to 110 this cycle. This was for sure my thinnest adult weight. Even in high school, I was about 115.

DID YOU CONTINUE DIET AFTER ATTEMPT & HOW LONG? Yes, strictly until BFP.
CAFFEINE – One cup of regular coffee daily in the morning. DH 1-2 cups per day
DRINKS – I can not tolerate aspartame so CL and diet coke were out. I drank my 1 cup of coffee daily, 2-3 cups of peppermint tea AF-O and seltzer water. Also needed soda for the calories.
DH DIET – DH did not follow the diet. He did try to cut down some on salt and I served less meat in general and way less red meat.

SUPPLEMENTS
- Calcium/Magnesium – I did get some from diet. Consumed about 1 or 2 servings of fat free dairy daily. (non-fat yogurt, fat free frozen yogurt or rarely milk). When I started the sway, was taking 666mg of Calcium and 300mg of Magnesium daily but stopped that about a month before conception.
- Vitex 400mg twice daily When I started the diet, I took the Vitex continually for the first 2 months and then it started to delay O. Switched to AF-O the last 2 months. Also used progesterone cream the last 2 months which I will obviously continue now.
- Fiber nightly
- Folic Acid 800mg daily then increased to 1600mg daily after attempt – due to low dietary consumption.
- Cranberry - I took this the first 3 months but it was making my pH too low – less than 3.5 and I think it was killing off all the sperm. Did not take it the month of conception and pH was right about 4 at attempt.
- Sudafed – took ½ tab 2 hours before attempt. Had barely any EWCM.
- Aspirin - I am allergic to aspirin so that was out.

DH Supplements-
- Calcium 333mg twice daily
- Magnesium 300mg nightly
- Fiber nightly
- Licorice 500mg twice daily AF-O. This definitely made a difference as I noted during our attempt he was less… umm… errr… virile? :o
- “CranRich” Super Concentrated Cranberry 500mg 36:1 concentration twice daily for a few days before O
- Sudafed – took 1 time 2 hours before attempt
- Zyrtec – night before attempt
He also did not exercise at all AF-O the month of our attempt. Said he was getting “flabby” LOL

THE DEED
-TIMING - I had been planning on abstinence plus one attempt on OPK+. However, my aunt died and I had to go out of town. I got my OPK while we I was away. Dtd as soon as possible when I got home the next day. I think our attempt was a couple hours after O. We had 8 days abstinence and then only DTD 1x about 2 hours after O on March 11. No J&D.
- BD POSITION – missionary, shallow.
- PH – Mine was 4 at time of conception. Before starting sway, it got to about 5.5 at O. After diet, it did not budge above 4.2. DH was 8.5 when we had tested it pre-sway. Did not check again.
- Douches, gels, etc - None. Found that my pH was actually lower without messing with it. Tried RePhresh in one of our practice months but my pH was lower without it.
- SUSPECTED O DATE – March 11, 2012

IONS
- OED IN WHAT MOON PHASE – was a barely waning moon. I don’t put a lot of thought into the moon or ion stuff as it doesn’t seem to make much of a difference. Plus, my O is such clockwork that I have O’d on a full moon or just after forever.
- CHANGED IONS IN OTHER WAYS? – Again, don’t put much stock here but I did use lavendar soap in the shower and added lavender essential oils to my daily moisturizor and put a few drops on my pillow. I also happened to have a negative ion air purifier so I put that next to my bed. We also always sleep with the fan on. The day of O, went to this amazing park on a giant lake and the water was really rough. Waves were crashing up on the cliffs, spraying water everywhere.

OTHER
HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU HAVE? - 2
WHAT GENDER (S)? - 2 boys ages 4 and 7
# OF MONTHS TTC – 4
YOUR AGE - 36
DH - 38

Comments
Honestly, I think the most important part of my sway was prayer. I have been praying for 5 years for a DD. No matter what happens, I feel that it was worth a try. We seriously contemplated going HT but felt that was not the direction we were to go right now. I think if I did all this and still get a DS, then God must have a really great plan for his life. Not saying it will be easy but I am a work in progress! My overwhelming prayer was that He either give me a daughter or take away my desire for one so I have to trust Him to do one or the other. I considered this a time of fasting and prayer and read my bible a lot too. I have seen some amazing things come from it so definitely not time wasted. A lot of MY plans were taken away from me - with my Aunt dying and missing the timing I thought was perfect, stopping calcium, mag, having my pH go too low if I tried to control it, etc. I really had to surrender it all to Him. Now I just pray for a healthy, happy baby!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
I think that's a great sway! Good luck!!

HopeandDreamG
March 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Needagirl~ I think that is a fabulous sway. I truly think you did everything possible, and I love your outlook. I feel like its that outlook thats going to get you your DD!! Congrats to you H & H!

myGirl
March 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
What a great sway! I think you had a great approach with using it as a time of fasting and prayer (the diet sure can feel like fasting!!)

Wishing you a H&H 9 months! :HH:

prayforprincess
March 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM
That is so wonderful! Congrats on your bfp and may you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

zanacal
March 25th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Great sway, I hope luck was on your side too. Congratulations!

Agnes
March 25th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Great sway!!! Congratulations! :)

KnockYourBallsOff
March 25th, 2012, 11:17 PM
AWESOME SWAY!!!!! Praying you get your girl!

nini
March 29th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Great sway, congratulations and good luck for your pregnancy.

Indira
March 29th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Awesome sway! I hope it will result in your baby girl, or in any case, a happy, healthy baby :)

NeedAGirl!
June 19th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you all SO much!!

pink carol
June 20th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Congratulations on the arrival of your long-desired girl! Wish you all the best!:highfive:
NeedAGirl, did you exercise intensely or did you rely just on the diet to lose weight?
When you DTD after O, did you notice any difference in your CM? You said you had barely any EWCM but let's say, was it creamy?
So you did not use any douche or rephresh?

auroara78
June 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Congrats again! So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myGirl
June 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
You had an awesome sway, and a wonderful attitude about it all. I'm so happy for you; congrats!! :celebrate:

pearl
June 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Nice sway, congrats ,enjoy pink shopping :giggle:

missgozo
June 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Well done, great to see all your hard work pay off!!x

NeedAGirl!
June 20th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Pink Carol -

did you exercise intensely or did you rely just on the diet to lose weight? NO exercise. I actually had gotten into really good shape in 2009/2010, I was doing regular cardio and weight lifting. I completely stopped all exercise in May 2011 and turned into a couch potato! I definitely lost a lot of weight with just diet and I think the muscle atrophy really helped lower my T.

When you DTD after O, did you notice any difference in your CM? You said you had barely any EWCM but let's say, was it creamy? I had a little tiny bit of EWCM when my OPK turned + which was about 27 hours before dtd. By the time I got home, I had O pain about 2 hours before dtd and yes, things were dryer and creamier by the time we dtd.

So you did not use any douche or refresh? NO. The first month or so, I used a fingertip of rep lens right after dtd. I think it killed everything off. I did do refresh in a practice trial but my pH was lower without it. I also had to stop cranberry because my pH was going too low - into the 3s - it was literally painful like a bad yeast infection. I think it killed all the spermies.

Hope that helps!

pink carol
June 21st, 2012, 02:29 AM
Thanks so much for your answer, NeedAGirl! I'd be scared to get too close to O day but well, if everything else is under control, perhaps...

NeedAGirl!
June 21st, 2012, 06:38 AM
I was worried about that at first but if u really look there are more girls conceived on o day in many studies also I saw lots of ladies on here getting their girls on o day. Plus I tried cutoffs of 1 or 2 days and didn't get pregnant.

BenOliver1
June 24th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Congrats!!

GT77
June 25th, 2012, 01:13 AM
what foods did you not eat and did you take any supplements?

NeedAGirl!
June 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Ha! Would be easier if you asked me what I did eat! Like I said, I had an occasional cheat but basically ate the same foods over and over. Plain rice, plain pasta, steamed green beans, hint of salt wheat thins, fat free yogurt, fat free frozen yogurt, 1-2 tablespoons of parmesan, some fruits - mostly raspberries, strawberries, apples with no skin, some veggies - mixed salad greens, broccoli - all eaten plain or stir fried over white rice with no sauce. Blah... Was a pretty boring and strict diet.

SUPPLEMENTS
- Calcium/Magnesium – I did get some from diet. Consumed about 1 or 2 servings of fat free dairy daily. (non-fat yogurt, fat free frozen yogurt or rarely milk). When I started the sway, was taking 666mg of Calcium and 300mg of Magnesium daily but stopped that about a month before conception.
- Vitex 400mg twice daily When I started the diet, I took the Vitex continually for the first 2 months and then it started to delay O. Switched to AF-O the last 2 months. Also used progesterone cream the last 2 months which I will obviously continue now.
- Fiber nightly
- Folic Acid 800mg daily then increased to 1600mg daily after attempt – due to low dietary consumption.
- Cranberry - I took this the first 3 months but it was making my pH too low – less than 3.5 and I think it was killing off all the sperm. Did not take it the month of conception and pH was right about 4 at attempt.
- Sudafed – took ½ tab 2 hours before attempt. Had barely any EWCM.
- Aspirin - I am allergic to aspirin so that was out.

pink carol
June 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Which fiber did you use, NeedAGirl? Here in Switzerland we can buy Benefiber. I don't know if that brand is fine?

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Which fiber did you use, NeedAGirl? Here in Switzerland we can buy Benefiber. I don't know if that brand is fine?

Any kind is fine so long as it has no additional nutrients in it.

NeedAGirl!
June 26th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I bought fiber in a capsule. It was just some cheap thing.

pink carol
June 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Does fiber have any calory or fat or protein that we should include in the tally of our daily allowances?

NeedAGirl!
June 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Not the kind I had...

NeedAGirl!
July 20th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Had my 20 week ultrasound this morning. Definitely still a girl!

fiveboysandagirl
July 20th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Amazing! Well done!
Xx

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

Tiffani3
July 21st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Congratulations that's such wonderful news xxxxxx

slyon
July 25th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Congrats!! I believe that it was you a while ago that had the most amazing prayer in your signature about allowing God to have his way in your life but I don't see it there any more. I was wondering if it was you, if you could again post it so I could recite those as I am holding on to my faith as well. Thanks!

NeedAGirl!
July 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hmm... seems so long ago! Maybe that was me?? I had something like Lord, help me to joyfully accept your will for my life...

mummypink
August 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Huge congratulations! xx

NeedAGirl!
August 17th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks!

NeedAGirl!
December 8th, 2012, 09:21 PM
She is here and she is just perfect! So happy my sway worked!!

Mochagirl
December 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
She's beautiful! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auroara78
December 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM
just gorgeous...love her dress too!

NeedGrace
December 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
She is gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Violet_
December 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Congratulations on your gorgeous little girl!!

lollylegs
December 9th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Wow! Congratulations on your little lady - an inspiring sway story for a newbie like me.

NeedAGirl!
March 20th, 2013, 10:37 PM

3 Months old! Still cant believe she is here! I'm so in love!

radicalhope
July 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Congratulations! Thank you for the scriptures and sharing your sway! :)

NeedAGirl!
July 23rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks radical - keep up the hope. Really! God is awesome. I still well up with tears when I think about how good he is!

Funkyfry
August 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Congrats she is just fabulous

odd
August 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
congratulations - what a gorgeous li'l girl you have