PDA

View Full Version : atomic's stealth sway updated July 20

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
I moved the update to the end of the thread. :)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/girl-sway-results/9388-atomics-stealth-sway-updated-july-20-a-23.html

ETA - if we are FB friends, can you not mention this on my wall just yet? Family does not know.

Surprise!! It's a :princess:

So, I know I was planning on swaying blue BUT then my FIL contracted this wretched disease (ALS Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis)) and then in the course of doing research on it, I learned that not only is it probably at least somewhat genetic, it's also believed to be more prevalent among men with many brothers (FIL was one of 5 boys, 1 g) and high maternal testosterone levels in the womb may have something to do with it. Low index-to-ring finger length ratio in sporadic ALS supports prenatally defined motor neuronal vulnerability -- Vivekananda et al. 82 (6): 635 -- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry (http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/82/6/635.full) Replies to Low index-to-ring finger length ratio in sporadic ALS supports prenatally defined motor neuronal vulnerability (http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/82/6/635/reply) Both men and women can get this disease but it's more prevalent among males and the more older brothers you have, the more likely it is that you'll get it. As a result of this information, I decided to sway pink instead.

I have known for some time that if I ever were to sway pink again, I could not do a traditional pink sway where I got all worked up to launch the "Great Sway of 2011", nor could I allow anyone else to know about it. I have so much time and energy invested in swaying at this point that it would make my testosterone levels go up too much and the more pressure I felt over succeeding, the more people who knew about it and who I didn't want to disappoint, the lower my odds of success would actually be.

I had also long wondered what would have happened with DS 3 and 4, if instead of doing all this insane planning in advance of TTC (with DS 3 I was planning a pg and eating extremely healthfully, with DS 4 I was doing a major sway, taking massive doses of cal, mag, vit. D, B6, plus prenatals and folic and spending hours a day on IG discussing swaying constantly) if I had just gotten pg and let the chips fall where they may. So since we weren't really ready for another baby anyway, I decided that I would simply follow a mostly LE Diet and take vitex (which I was actually taking in the hopes that it would help improve my sex drive - it DIDN'T), nothing more than that, and then if an accident happened, at least I could feel ok that I had done something to up my odds.

(((ETA - PLEASE NOTE - This is not meant as swaying advice in any way. I did some stuff that had I known I would conceive in the month in which I did, I would NEVER have done even if it meant I would have conceived a boy. We had been BD without protection for over a year, the odds of a natural pg at 41 1/2 years old are between 1-5% depending on the statistics you use and half of those pg are miscarried. I had basically abandoned hope. I am NOT advising that anyone try to emulate the conditions under which I conceived!! I am sharing this info to demonstrate how people can and do get pg with an opposite without swaying, and in the interest of keeping information as accurate and thorough as I can.

Believe me, I would prefer not to air some of this dirty laundry publicly!!! I share it as evidence that some of the traditional swaying laws just can't be true and hopefully prove that pink swayers can safely have a glass of wine or a cup of coffee without fear of ruining their sway, and also so that blue swayers can see that it is 100% entirely possible to be taking in very little calcium and conceive a girl!!!)))

Basically, we weren't actively trying, just not preventing. I wasn't ovulating regularly and was breastfeeding two kids. My thinking was that at 40+ and not ovulating, an accident probably wouldn't happen and it might take ages to get pg if we ever did decide to really try. If we did have an accidental conception, I wanted it to be pink, but the odds were that we wouldn't get pg, so I decided not to stress over it. So I simply watched my diet and took vitex 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, and put TTC out of my head all together. It felt to me like the best sway I could possibly have was one that I myself didn't even know about and that's kinda what I was aiming for.

Life helped me out quite a lot in terms of lowering my testosterone - this is obviously not a repeatable sway, but I do think it can illustrate how lifestyle itself can actually sway just as effectively as any sway tactic and so even when you see someone who doesn't seem like they swayed but has two different genders, there may very well have been things at play that swayed for them, even tho they ate the exact same foods both times and never touched a cranberry in their lives. Sorry, I hope this doesn't sound too whiny!

Last year was extremely rough for our family due to my FIL's illness. My MIL was also diagnosed at the same time with severe glaucoma that they couldn't get under control for months and it looked like she was going to be blind within a few months. My husband went onto a different work schedule to allow him more time to help with his parents (but also more time for he and I to get on each other's nerves) and that came with a pretty significant cut in pay. We were traveling constantly all summer long, working either on the IL's house or on our house we have been building for years - we were never once home for a full week from April-November, we were home for 3 days, and then gone for 4. I think DH was also having a bit of a midlife crisis - hopefully he'll never read this LOL - and he was next to impossible to live with for awhile there. :mad:

In addition, we had a lot of other stressful events culminating in the most hellish month of my existence, Oct-Nov. 2011. If it could have gone wrong that month, it DID. Major car breakdowns, allergic reactions to bee stings, having NO money at all for food even, the baby wearing diapers made of a maxi pad and a pair of my preschooler's training undies, my oldest son declined financial aid based on our previous income and barely able to afford college after his car broke down and me having no money to help him in any way, and the baby ended up in the emergency room overnight unable to breathe from a minor cold, meaning we then owed another huge amount of money on top of it all. The house was a mess because we were never at home and when I was here I was frantically doing all the errands and answering gender swaying q's for 12 hours straight trying to get caught up before we left again!

Anyway, enough about my sucky life ;), I just want people to understand how lifestyle can REALLY affect a person's T levels and sway for them, even if they don't seem to be swaying. Emotionally and physically, I was a complete wreck. I don't even remember vast swaths of time. I was utterly hopeless and desperate and just constantly waiting for the next dire thing to befall us and then when the next thing went wrong, I wasn't even surprised by it. At the same time, the weird thing was that I had more patience than I ever have had in my life and I really felt and still feel like I am a nicer, calmer mother. Little things that used to phase me don't bother me at all any more and I KNOW it is beneficial to the kids. I am so much more tolerant of annoyances now. It's strange that something positive can come out of being in a bad situation (hope it lasts!!)

UPDATED - my adult son has independently expressed noticing a difference in my personality towards the positive, which he chalked up to me being pg with a girl. I tend to think it's probably the other way around - I got pg with a girl because of changes in T levels that then was affected in my personality, not the other way around.

Anyway, the specifics:

-I was averaging 4-6 hours of interrupted sleep for 6 months (the children did not handle the traveling or having Daddy home more, very well at all) before I conceived and that whole last month I was so stressed from lack of money there were nights I DIDN'T sleep! When I was awake, I had no motivation and felt physcially drained all the time. I would literally count the minutes until I could go to sleep, even tho half the time I would lay there and worry, at least no one could harass me or cause any problems that I had to deal with.

-Taking Vitex for 6 months before I conceived 2 W on, 2 W off. I wasn't doing this for swaying, it was because I had no sex drive (which was one major sticking point between DH and I) and I had read vitex could help - if anything, it made it worse!! I stopped it the month before I got pg firstly because my sex drive was SO low it was nonexistent and I was pretty much fed up with DH anyway (really, he sounds horrible but he's a LOT better now!) Also, the month before and then the month I stopped the vitex, I had what seemed like it might have been a lame attempt at AF - a little bit of dark blood that lasted for a day but I didn't really think it was a true AF and thought I probably hadn't ovulated those two months, even tho I was crampy and had some EWCM - that had happened at other times when I was BF and they were fake Os. I was sort of concerned that my lining needed to slough off but the V was preventing it from happening, and so I stopped the vitex thinking I would have a real AF.

-I had been doing LE Diet kinda for the last 8 months at that point but during Oct. and Nov we had so little money that I really hardly even HAD anything decent (by decent, I mean fresh fruit and vegetables, healthy fats, and meat - I wasn't starving or anything.) to eat - I made sure everyone else was fed of course, but I basically existed on toast and occasionally a tortilla with hummus or refried beans (they were giving away free hummus at the grocery store and I snagged some and I stretched that hummus out for 2 weeks LOL) I never ate breakfast because I was so upset all the time that I was often physically ill when I woke up in the morning and couldn't eat for hours.

UPDATED - a couple people have asked me how much food I was eating and I was def. getting 1500-1800+ cals a day. Bread and tortillas are very calorically dense foods and it doesn't take a lot to break the 1500 cal mark. FRUITS AND VEG ARE ALLOWED ON LE DIET!! Just because I didn't happen to be eating much of them right that minute, does not mean that they should be avoided. It does not look like I was getting much potassium but I have to track my potassium intake for health reasons (I am very sensi to low potassium) and have potassium supps that were prescribed to me by a cardiologist to take when I need them.

- Lost 3 lbs in the weeks before I swayed. UPDATED - Previous to that I had really gained a lot of weight during pg with DS 4 (I weighed 190 lbs when I had him) and then lost all of it down to 126 lbs. I held steady there for several months and then that last few weeks I lost the additional 3 lbs. When I lost weight for swaying with DS 4, I still had a lot of muscle mass but when I lost weight after having DS 4, I found that I was a lot more mush and a lot less muscle!!

-UPDATED I Oed during the darker part of the moon cycle altho not the IG girl moon phase (boy ions according to IG)

-UPDATED I got pg from one BD the day before O. We did not DTD for days before or days after so I am pretty sure when it was. I did have CM and also had an O. Woman on top, did not jump and dump and just went to sleep afterwards.

-I had been taking my regular prenatal vitamins and DHA supps all along but I ran out and couldn't afford them so for the whole last 6 weeks or so. No vitamins.

-I can't drink milk and I couldn't afford good cheese, yogurt, nuts, or anything I normally get calcium from. I did have American cheese on occasion. This was by far the least amount of calcium intake I have ever had probably in my entire life, let alone conceived at. Little to no fruits/vegetables. Again, PLEASE eat fruits and vegetables in your sway diet!!!

-I felt so discouraged from for going so long without getting pg that when I heard some dire news reports regarding folic acid causing cancer, I stopped taking folic acid. I figured that there was no way I would get pg anyway at 41 and so I didn't want the cancer risk. I DO NOT recommend that and I am not proud of it either. Everyone must take folic acid.

-I was so stressed out that I was drinking more than I should have on the days my husband was home so I could put up with him. (not a raging alcoholic, like 1-2 light beers and a couple of times as many as 4) Again, I am not proud of that whatsoever. I was also drinking more caffeine than I have ever conceived at simply because I was too exhausted to function otherwise (3-5 coffees).

-My husband was drinking TONS of alcohol (4 a day and then a couple times he had a bender and was more like 6-8), was drinking 2-3 Monster energy drinks every day and/or lots of coffee and Mountain Dew. He also, rather oddly, decided to take up smoking a pipe to the age of 41 years old and so he became a smoker too. He's also at the heaviest point he's ever been in his life and is a good 60 lbs overweight right now (250 lbs).

-Logically I knew that getting pg was a terrible idea and that we should be taking a lot more precautions but partly I felt like I couldn't get pg because I was too old and "cursed" LOL and partly I just didn't give a sh-- any more. I had pretty much totally given up on the idea of getting pg ever again and I think this played into the lower-T mentality. I had decided that if I did not get pg that month, it was over and I was going to start using lots of protection again because I was soon to be 41 and a half years old and didn't want to risk birth defects/miscarriage.

- At the beginning of Nov, my 2 year old had been deathly sick all night one night and in the emergency room overnight the next, and both DH and I had had 2 whole days where we got next to no sleep at all. DH stayed with us in the ER until 2 am and got up at 5 am and worked for 12 hours straight 3 days in a row afterwards (see he's not ALL bad LOL) and so we were both exhausted for the next couple weeks. Not a lot of DTD going on - I don't think it was ever a full 7 days of abstain but I do think it was 4 -5 days between rounds for a couple weeks there - which that is a lot of abstain for us LOL. I conceived prob. on Nov 20 after baby was in the hospital on Nov 5 and I don't think we really got caught up on sleep until after Thanksgiving when he had a few days off.

-The only difference in the pg is that the morning sickness is in a different pattern - I was never really sick at all in the mornings but did feel sick several times after eating and it also lasted for much longer than with any other pg. My sex drive came back and I craved salty foods (supposedly boy symptoms). I had zits just like with all my pg but they have cleared up. Same heartrate as with other pg. I do also have really bad varicose veins but that's prob. due to my age and not baby's gender. I have not gained anywhere near as much weight as I did with any of the boys and my tummy is much smaller. I do think the baby's skull shape is slightly different, the chin and nose are smaller and pointier than the boys' but actually she looks just like the others for the most part.

-I had always promised myself that if I ever did get pg again, I wasn't going to let anyone on line OR IRL know until after my ultrasound. That day coming back from my ultrasound with both DS 3 and DS 4 were among my low points in life, and I just didn't want to repeat it! I thought I saw a VJ at my 13 week ultrasound - I saw the white lines which I had never seen before other than on the ultrasound forum, and there was a between the leg shot and nothing was there, and the skull looked definitely girly. So I was kinda hopeful but my doctor's office doesn't do gender predictions that early and they were all concerned because there was blood in my urine and they couldn't find a heartbeat and they thought I might by miscarrying (I just had a bladder infection and my usual tipped uterus) and so I didn't want to pressure them.

I had my official gender ultrasound Mar. 22nd. The tech couldn't get a good look at first and then finally she was like, "I can see what you're having..." and then this big long pause during which I wanted to slap her and say "Out with it, woman" and then she said, "I'm looking between the legs and...mumblemumble". So I had to ask, "I'm sorry, did you say there's NOTHING between the legs?" And then she said, "Yes, it looks like you're having a girl!!" She checked several more times over the course of the ultrasound and there was never even a hint of anything remotely boylike.

Anyway, that's my update! Hope it helps!

ELP
March 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Atomic! Am I reading this right??? You have been hiding a sneaky pregnancy from us, and its pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Massive congratulations!!!!!!:hug2: I am absolutely overthe moon for you!!!!! I'm just gonna go back and actually read your post now just to make sure I'm not seeing things lol!!!!!!! Over the moon for you again:bigsmile::kiss: xxxxxxxxxx

Orchid
March 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
At first I thought it was some kinda joke. Congrats!

sweetpea
March 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Atomic, I am SO shocked, and SO SO SO happy for you!!!!! I seriously think my jaw hit the floor when I saw this!!!!!! WOW, congratulations!!!!!! I am SO thrilled for you!!!!!

Enjoy your :DD: !!!!

When are you due??

NewYorkmom
March 23rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
A huge congrats Atomic!!! I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy.

Foxy
March 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
My word!!! I had to reread your post 2 times, lol! Congratulations, hun! :bighug: Super duper fantastic news! I'm so happy for you! :running::cheer::XX:

ELP
March 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Just actually read your post now and definately a massive congratulations:) What a rough rollercoaster of a time, but what a bright end of the tunnel!! Again, so excited for you:bigsmile:

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Sneaky little bugger.... I figured you were up to something when you talked about your plan for a 5th boy. But I didn't expect you to hide it. I think I mentioned once that you should really consider trying again (because of the pic you used to have of your 4 boys).

Congrats thats great news!

auroara78
Wow this is amazing!! Though I had a *feeling* this might happen, as I read a few posts where you had mentioned that even if you ever did sway again, you wouldn't tell us right away because of T levels and over-analyzing! Still, I'm shocked and excitied for you, and would love to see some ultrasound pictures of your little babe! Congrats on a :DD:!!!!!

Your sons will make the best big brothers!

PS: I am assuming that Atomic's due date is sometime in August since she concieved in Nov.

dloui128
OMG Congratulations!!! I had to read this a couple times, I thought you were joking with the title :)

myGirl
Holy Cow Atomic!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am so incredibly excited for you... There is no one here that deserves this more than you!!!

I'm praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you! :HH:

sweetpea
March 23rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Wow this is amazing!! Though I had a *feeling* this might happen, as I read a few posts where you had mentioned that even if you ever did sway again, you wouldn't tell us right away because of T levels and over-analyzing! Still, I'm shocked and excitied for you, and would love to see some ultrasound pictures of your little babe! Congrats on a :DD:!!!!!

Yep, yep - me too!!! Even so, I'm still as shocked as ever!!! :)

ShapeOfMyHeart
March 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
is this for real????!!! Omg...I am so excited and happy for you!!!!:)

Zivic-Bubac
Atomic!!!!!!!! This is wonderful news!!!!! Now I understand you didn't want to tell anyone IRL, but why us? LOL
I didn't tell anyone IRL, but shared it immediately with you guys!!!!
Hugs, hugs, hugs and kisiz!!!!!

Give us some u/s shots! :wink:

lobella2
WOW Congratulations!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM

PS: I am assuming that Atomic's due date is sometime in August since she concieved in Nov.

LOL I was wondering if anyone would catch on to that!!

Yes, my due date is Aug 12.

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Sneaky little bugger.... I figured you were up to something when you talked about your plan for a 5th boy. But I didn't expect you to hide it. I think I mentioned once that you should really consider trying again (because of the pic you used to have of your 4 boys).

Congrats thats great news!

Seriously, I really meant that! If not for this disease I really would have swayed blue!!

prayforprincess
March 23rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
OMG!!! I can't believe it! Congrats! You must be over the moon - I am so happy for you.
This gives me hope. I was feeling the other day that after 3 boys what is the likelihood I could make a girl? Your story gives me hope it can happen.
Enjoy every moment.

gizmo77
March 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! CONGRATS ATOMIC!!!! EXTREMELY excited for you!
what percentage do you think it was luck???

VERY excited and wishing you and ahppy andealthy pgcy!!!
whats the EDD? aug

seems like a lot of ppl got pg in oct/nov 2011

yay!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Atomic!!!!!!!! This is wonderful news!!!!! Now I understand you didn't want to tell anyone IRL, but why us? LOL
I didn't tell anyone IRL, but shared it immediately with you guys!!!!
Hugs, hugs, hugs and kisiz!!!!!

Give us some u/s shots! :wink:

I really had a hard time after DS 4 coming back and having to update everyone - I really wanted to avoid that! I didn't intentionally keep anything from anyone, just that I felt better about waiting till I knew if it was good news or not.

zanacal
March 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
OMFG!!!!! I'm almost speechless! What wonderful (and suprising!) news, I'm absolutely thrilled for you! Did you say when your due date is? Wow, just wow!!! (Can I put any more explanation marks in this post?!). How is DH taking the news?

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! CONGRATS ATOMIC!!!! EXTREMELY excited for you!
what percentage do you think it was luck???

VERY excited and wishing you and ahppy andealthy pgcy!!!
whats the EDD? aug

seems like a lot of ppl got pg in oct/nov 2011

yay!!!!

I'm sure a good bit of it was luck Giz!! In a way, it was really "good" luck to have "bad" luck because I think it helped me conceive a girl.

Course, my husband's weird sudden proclivities for pipes and energy drinks didn't hurt either!! ;)

zanacal
March 23rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
OK, I missed a page of other people's explanation mark filled posts! August 20th - you'll have to call her Summer :D Have you thought of names yet? I bet you daren't before now!

begonia
March 23rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Well talk about reading something that makes your day :) I'm SUPER happy for you!!! Baby Atomic, YAY! She's going to be awesome :)

And goodness, I'm also just sorry to hear last fall was so hard on your family; thanks for taking so much time for the site with all you had going on then. Lots of prayers for a blessing filled 2012 for you, including a happy & healthy rest of your pregnancy!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
OMFG!!!!! I'm almost speechless! What wonderful (and suprising!) news, I'm absolutely thrilled for you! Did you say when your due date is? Wow, just wow!!! (Can I put any more explanation marks in this post?!). How is DH taking the news?

Thank you!

Better than you might think! He's relieved it (she!! gotta get used to that)looks healthy and no soft markers for anything. We both were ok with TTC in 2 or 3 years, but of course at 41 years old I didn't have 2 or 3 years which was why we were compromising with not trying, not preventing, and just accepting what happened.

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
OK, I missed a page of other people's explanation mark filled posts! August 20th - you'll have to call her Summer :D Have you thought of names yet? I bet you daren't before now!

No, I hadn't dared after SO many years of thinking of girl names...the first time I thought of girls names I was like 4 years old haha!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Well talk about reading something that makes your day :) I'm SUPER happy for you!!! Baby Atomic, YAY! She's going to be awesome :)

And goodness, I'm also just sorry to hear last fall was so hard on your family; thanks for taking so much time for the site with all you had going on then. Lots of prayers for a blessing filled 2012 for you, including a happy & healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Begonia, there were many days this site and you wonderful ladies were the only reason I had to get out of bed in the morning! :heart: If I hadn't had swaying to think about, I really might have lost it!

Thank you!

Bumblebee
March 23rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Very many congratulations Atomic!!! You are an inspiration and you deserve it so much! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy and thank you so much for sharing the good news with us all. xx:bighug:

Another princess
March 23rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Omg omg omg omg omg omg!!! Is this real. Am I dreaming?? I am sooooo pleased for you! Many congratulations. This is by far the best thing I've heard in a long long time. U sooo deserve this. This is such fab news. Ive been praying to hear this. I am just so so so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of it xxxx hugs

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
What a great news congrats! :celebrate:
But to hide it this long, why did you thought you can't tell us you are pregnant? I can't think of anyone here who would post a bad comment .
Now you need a pregnancy ticker!

maybeoneday
March 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Atomic, I am so pleased for you and can't think of a more deserving person to finally get their DG. You really do help out so many people and there will be many happy mummies and baby boys and girls on this planet because of you.

Your sway also gives me hope! Maybe it is the detail that kills so many sways!

Congrats again, enjoy her. xx

Daisy Mae
March 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
I am SO happy for you, Atomic! So very happy. When does that make you due? Congrats!

HopeandDreamG
March 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I literally have company at the door I didn't get to read the sway..I can't wait to come back and read!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!! Now you know what to put in your siggie ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
What a great news congrats! :celebrate:
But to hide it this long, why did you thought you can't tell us you are pregnant? I can't think of anyone here who would post a bad comment .
Now you need a pregnancy ticker!

I just wanted to avoid that horrible "I have to post online about my failed sway again" moment!!! I know it sounds silly but I just really wanted to wait. No one IRL knows yet (other than DH!)

sweetpea
March 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I just wanted to avoid that horrible "I have to post online about my failed sway again" moment!!! I know it sounds silly but I just really wanted to wait. No one IRL knows yet (other than DH!)
I can totally understand that, and if I were in your shoes I would have waited too. Plus, it seems so much more fun this way, to just say - guess what, I'm pregnant...and it's a GIRL! ;)

I agree with those who posted above - you need a pregnancy ticker in your siggy!!!

KraizyDaizy
March 23rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
This is such wonderful news for a momma of four boys myself, I can only pray I am as blessed as you are!!!!

Lord, watch over Atomic's sweet little girl AMEN!!!!

Now you need to get your pregnancy ticker added to your siggy!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Thank you!

fun family
March 23rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!!!!

I just have one question though--after 4 boys and a failed girl sway, why were you planning on switching to a boy sway?? Am I missing something???

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
OMG I had too look at the date and make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day!

Congrats on your little girl, and please send some girl dust my way ;)

DoulaMama
March 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
I AM TOTALLY SPEECHLESS!!! (and that never happens;)) An ENORMOUS CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR DH!!!! Yipppeeeee!!!!! If I wasn't posting from my phone I'd go absolutely crazy with the girl smilies right now!!!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth and wonderful:) Have fun searching for girl names and buying some dresses!!! xo Much love to you :HH:

Lassie1982
March 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
OMG what an awesome surprise to wake up to this morning!!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW :cheer:

Massive congrats AS!!!! Im so so so so so happy for you :)

Sounds like you have had a quiet a journey!! And if there is anyone that deserves their DG then it you hun, you are an absolute beacon of support and guidance and information for 100's of woman and your worth here is immeasurable!

Congrats again :)

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!!!!

I just have one question though--after 4 boys and a failed girl sway, why were you planning on switching to a boy sway?? Am I missing something???

No, not at all, I think a lot of people have wondered that (one of my IG friends heard I was thinking of swaying blue and asked if I was "off my meds" LOL)

I was 98% over GD by the time I was thinking of TTC anyway. I am lucky in that I was quite happy as a boy mom for 15 years with no GD before DS 3 came along and I have a great relationship with my older sons, and I just thought a boy would fit in better around here - we have the clothes, the toys, lifestyle, etc. I worried that a little girl might get lost in the shuffle (but then again, she will be a Leo and a Dragon so I thinkt he boys had best watch out!!)

The "dream" I had was to have one girl along with my two older boys and that dream had already pretty much died with the addition of DS 3 and 4 - it was like it's never going to be the way I had wanted it to be anyway - we're back to being all Spiderman, all the time and no room for a Barbie Dream House!

DH has always felt kinda ill equipped for a girl and TBH I think he was a little disappointed yesterday o.O

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
OMG I had too look at the date and make sure it wasn't April Fool's Day!

Congrats on your little girl, and please send some girl dust my way ;)

But I only have 3 specks! I'll split it with ya.

1.5 specks of pink dust headed your way LOL!! :)

Indira
March 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
WOOHOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
I agree with maybeoneday that your absolutely the most deserving person to get your DG! I love it when live is just every now and then.
I´m so happy you posted this, I had a bit of a suspect and was wondering when you were going to tell us.
ENJOY!
What a marvellous family you are going to be- well you already are but with an extra bonus on the way, DH, DW, 4 boys and a girl :heart:

Chessika
March 23rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Congratulations!!!

Ribbons
March 23rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
OMG Congrats!!! I think I'm getting a little misty-eyed :) So exciting!!!

LolaInLove
March 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Atomic, so sorry you had to go through that hell for a while. I have totally been there too, but I love this happy ending!!!! You make me optimistic that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Super huge congrats!! XOXO

Princess of Pink
March 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
OMG hon I am so excited for you!! Have fun buying pink!!! Massive congrats to you and your family!

Kitten
March 23rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Congrats!!

jennibel
March 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Congrats!

OneLastDream
March 23rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Wow, congratulations I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased for you - you really deserve it x

dramabird
March 23rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
A giant hug to you, Atomic!!!!

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Oh, and I have to know. Did you get a nub shot or did you avoid it? Did you have any inkling this would be a girl before your big scan (other than the fact you'd swayed)?

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Oh, and I have to know. Did you get a nub shot or did you avoid it? Did you have any inkling this would be a girl before your big scan (other than the fact you'd swayed)?

haha I actually just replied to you about this on another threads. I was about 80% sure after the 13 week ultrasound that she was a she. My doctor's office does not do gender guesses or nub shots at the early ultrasound but on the screen I saw something I have NEVER seen on any of my other U/s - a long, bright white set of straight parallel lines. Then, just for a split second, the tech shot from the bottom up and there was nothing between the legs at all whatsoever. Also, at the beginning of the ultrasound, the tech was calling the baby "he" and by the end she was saying, "he or she" which I thought had to be kinda encouraging.

At the same time tho, I thought, well, since I think it's a girl that means it's almost certianly a boy and this is just a clever ruse to get you to have false hopes.

I've been trying to scan in the pics but once I scan and save them, I can't find them!!

Hobbermittens
March 23rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
HOLY CRAP ATOMIC!! I had no idea!! How exciting! Congrats on your baby girl!

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Ha ha - I just saw your response on the other thread and responded there! As I said there, I had a VERY brief glimpse of what looked like long, flat lines during my scan, but I tried not to be hopeful until they gave me the pictures. Up here they NEVER even venture a guess about gender until 20 weeks at the earliest, and even then they can only tell you if they have express permission from your doctor or midwife on your requisition.

Anyway, thanks for further feeding my nubsession - I hope I get the same news as you in 13 days :bigsmile:

Cinss
March 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
WOW Congratulations Atomic. I had no idea you were pregnant. I am so happy for you :)

ynwa
March 23rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
OMG yay yay yay yay yay

Hobbermittens
March 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Did I accidentally do something to this post by responding to it? Now all the responses are on another thread, and your original post (the most exciting thing I've read all day!) and mine are all I can see here now? WTF?

fivebabies
March 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Wow! COngrats!!! How many weeks are you then?

Kell
March 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Huge congratulations! :) what wonderful news!

4BOYS
March 23rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on your :XX: ,how exciting and you really deserve it after being such a massive help to everyone else , i hope this year keeps getting better for you after having such a rough time in the past
4 BOYS and a BABY GIRL thats awsome , i hope i can say im in that club soon :fingers:
CONGRATS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
No, I tried to move the post but somehow it split in two?? Technology is not my strong suit!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Wow! COngrats!!! How many weeks are you then?

19 weeks!! Thank you!

KnockYourBallsOff
March 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! Do you have your sway listed somewhere?! I wanna see pics? I guess they are in another section!!!!! Congrats a million times!!!! And tell your hubby is is quite the man for 'knockin' some balls off!

KnockYourBallsOff
March 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
YYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM

So if you would have heard boy then you would never told us?
But I also feel the same about posting my sway , so now I will hold that until I know what we are having.
Anyway see I told you one day you have a girl! Now I know why there is so much girl food recipes and nothing for us LOL

TTC5
March 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
OMG Atomic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I am sooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skrimpy
March 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Atomic!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon excited for you!!!!!

TTC5
March 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
You naughty sneeky girl LOL but I am soooo over the moon for you!!!!!!! :D

amari
March 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Wow!! Congratulations! You must be over the moon!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 08:22 PM
So if you would have heard boy then you would never told us?
But I also feel the same about posting my sway , so now I will hold that until I know what we are having.
Anyway see I told you one day you have a girl! Now I know why there is so much girl food recipes and nothing for us LOL

No, of COURSE I would have told you! Silly wabbit. ;) I want EVERYONE to post their sways both successful and not and I would NEVER hold myself exempt from that!!

I just had a rough time after my ultrasounds with both DS 3 and 4 when I had to immediately come right home and call everyone IRL, and then with DS 4 I also had to update everyone on line too and it was terrible. I just wanted to be able to have some time and cry about it first LOL!!

Plus I didn't want to tell anyone IRL until I knew gender and health status and also if I did lose the pg I wasn't totally sure how much I wanted to share (at 41 I felt like I had to be realistic and I had 50-50 odds of losing baby). I was concerned that if I posted it on here, either a family member would see it since they all know I am on here, or someone might mention something on FB and one of my sons' friends is also on Gender Dreaming and I didn't want anyone to find out like that.

I only just now told the big boys. DS 1 was overjoyed and DS 2, as predicted, threw a big fit and went into his room and slammed the door behind him! :p

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
You naughty sneeky girl LOL but I am soooo over the moon for you!!!!!!! :D

Geez, I hope no one is upset! I was trying to do what felt best to me in terms of avoiding GD and not having to tell family members before I was ready to. :(

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Wow!! Congratulations! You must be over the moon!!!

I'm scared TBH! :p

TTC5
March 23rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Geez, I hope no one is upset! I was trying to do what felt best to me in terms of avoiding GD and not having to tell family members before I was ready to. :(

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to upset you I was being silly :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nks798
March 23rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Oh my! I'm sooo happy for you! Makes me tear up. Omg you really deserve a little girl. I know it sounds cheesy but it's so true! So über happy for you and your family!!

NeedAGirl!
March 23rd, 2012, 08:51 PM
SOOO happy for you!! You deserve it!!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'm so sorry I didn't mean to upset you I was being silly :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, not you at all, I was just concerned a couple people seemed like they may be a bit upset. :heart:

TTC5
March 23rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Oh nah I dont think so everyone is sooo excited for you!!!!!

purple sky
March 23rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Holy ISH!!!!!! I didn't know you were preggo! Congratulations :HH::HH:

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Holy ISH!!!!!! I didn't know you were preggo! Congratulations :HH::HH:

No one did! It was top secret LOL. No one was going to find out until I knew gender unless they tortured me for it, because I didn't want to get so stressed out about it like I did the last time!

coocoobananas
March 23rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Holy shite! You just made my day!! I have been dying to ask u if u were going to try again and I was curious why no one else had! But I didn't feel right doing it! I don't think you will ever know how very happy people here are for you. I mean does anyone deserve this more? And not only that but you proved your theory! It must be an amazing feeling!!
I hope more people buy your swaying plans to maybe help you a little. You are so incredibly generous with your time and give all your secrets and knowledge away for free, really amazing!
I am in th 2 ww and today I was thinking "well either I am or I'm not and I think I am just going to end it there with whatever the outcome and be happy about... But I don't know, you've peeked my interest again!!
Thanks for all that you do and I'm so elated that you got your girl!

fivebabies
March 23rd, 2012, 10:32 PM
You cheeky thing for hiding it from us! Really, truly happy for you. Feels surreal, huh??

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 10:33 PM
You cheeky thing for hiding it from us! Really, truly happy for you. Feels surreal, huh??

It really does!! It has not sunk in yet at all.

fivebabies
March 23rd, 2012, 10:49 PM
Have you thought of names yet or is that hush hush too? ;)

_Lala_
March 23rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Wow Atomic!! What a surprise! we are all totally thrilled for you! It kinda feels like our mum is having a baby, lol. Best of luck with the rest of your pg and enjoy all that delicious pink!!:ballerina:

mydream
March 23rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
WOW!!!!! Huge Congrats!!!!

MatildaMai
March 23rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Wow! That is huge news. Congratulations. So so pleased for you! MMx

ILindGurl
March 23rd, 2012, 11:12 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Atomic! I'm soooo happy for you -- that you are pregnant and with a little girly!! As someone else said, no one deserves it more than you do!! You give such great advice to so many of us....What a lucky little lady to have you as her momma bear and lots of big brothers to protect her! All the best for a healthy pregnancy!!

Babystars
March 23rd, 2012, 11:28 PM
:DD: Atomic this is such awesome news!!! A HUGE congrats!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear what you & your family have been through recently. Its way too much you've had to deal with, but what lovely news you have to look forward too. You give so much to everyone on here and well and truly deserve to have this beautiful baby girl who will bring such joy and happiness to you & your beautiful family. Make sure you get plenty of rest and look after yourself :bighug:

Wanting a daughter
March 23rd, 2012, 11:43 PM
HUGE CONGRATS to you Atomic. So happy for you. H&H nine months, or should I say what's left of the nine months.
xxx

sweetsister
March 24th, 2012, 02:28 AM
What a shocker,i nearly fell off the chair...So happy for you,and also now you've proven your theory correct!!!
I am sorry to hear about you going through such a hard time lately,im going to a special monastery this sunday and im going to light a candle for you and your family :pray:this will pass xo

P.S.

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1158/1158260jh90v9tpld.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Mum2boys
March 24th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Congratulations! I sooo happy for you and your family, you deserve this more than anyone I know! Enjoy your little girl :)

pearl
March 24th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Wow, BIG CONGRADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I guess dreams come TRUE :))) Nice sway :) Great news!

rainbowflower
March 24th, 2012, 03:54 AM
OMG congratulations!! what a lovely surprise :)

pics pls lol ;)

zanacal
March 24th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Oh dear to DS2's reaction - hope he gets over it soon!

zanacal
March 24th, 2012, 04:09 AM
More congratulations from me, I'm still beaming for you! I think it's great that you've announced it now, the surprise makes it all the more amazing to hear!!

wilma_five
March 24th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Oh my........
*jealous* CONGRATS!!!!!
So sneaky haha!

suregena
March 24th, 2012, 05:18 AM
AMAZING NEWS! What a surprise! How fantastic, Atomic! :D

I need to get a move on for May... after my failed attempt in January/February... I fell off the diet completely and gained all of my weight back and then some. I think you've just given me the inspiration to start up and get ready for May.

Inglewood
March 24th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Congratulations!!! Lovely news xx

Myloves
March 24th, 2012, 05:34 AM
What!!?? Since when were you even pregnant?! CONGRATS!! :awe: :DD: Eek, so excited for you!! You're going to love having a girl :)

Myloves
March 24th, 2012, 05:45 AM
But I can understand why you chose not to say anything... gd is horrible.

Princess of Pink
March 24th, 2012, 06:22 AM
I thought I said congrats....maybe I am going insane!! lol Highly possible! Congrats hon....enjoy having a daughter...you may notice that something is missing when you change that first diaper :rofl:

Waiting4Daisy
March 24th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Omg Atomic - you sneaky lady! Huge congrats hun, I know you were happy with boy/girl but I'm very happy your sway works and please please still be around so I can buy your plan when I sway girl next July :-) xxx

Butterfly Spirit
March 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM
There are two things that I firmly believe:

1. God helps those who help themselves 2. God helps those who help others

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: CONGRATULATIONS K/Atomic :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

You have helped many women try to conceive the gender of their dreams. You've spent countless hours researching and passing on that knowledge to others.

How wonderful it is to hear that it is YOUR TURN!!!! :running:

May God continue to bless you in your pregnancy :pregnant: to your little cupcake!!! :HH::babyf::HH:

Myloves
March 24th, 2012, 07:38 AM
No, of COURSE I would have told you! Silly wabbit. ;) I want EVERYONE to post their sways both successful and not and I would NEVER hold myself exempt from that!!

I just had a rough time after my ultrasounds with both DS 3 and 4 when I had to immediately come right home and call everyone IRL, and then with DS 4 I also had to update everyone on line too and it was terrible. I just wanted to be able to have some time and cry about it first LOL!!

Plus I didn't want to tell anyone IRL until I knew gender and health status and also if I did lose the pg I wasn't totally sure how much I wanted to share (at 41 I felt like I had to be realistic and I had 50-50 odds of losing baby). I was concerned that if I posted it on here, either a family member would see it since they all know I am on here, or someone might mention something on FB and one of my sons' friends is also on Gender Dreaming and I didn't want anyone to find out like that.

I only just now told the big boys. DS 1 was overjoyed and DS 2, as predicted, threw a big fit and went into his room and slammed the door behind him! :p

You're DS2 sounded exactly like my ds2 when he found out he was getting a new baby sibling! Only the age difference, of course! :D

Myloves
March 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM
And again, A massive congrats! You have no idea how happy I am for you!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Have you thought of names yet or is that hush hush too? ;)

I hadn't even let myself dare to get that far yet!!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:41 AM
What a shocker,i nearly fell off the chair...So happy for you,and also now you've proven your theory correct!!!
I am sorry to hear about you going through such a hard time lately,im going to a special monastery this sunday and im going to light a candle for you and your family :pray:this will pass xo

P.S.

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1158/1158260jh90v9tpld.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Thank you so much, that's very touching! xo

Things are way, way better for us now! :) But I still appreciate the well wishes more than you guys will ever know! :heart:

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM
But I can understand why you chose not to say anything... gd is horrible.

I was so much less stressed for the ultrasound - I really did feel happy either way and I know if I had a lot of people waiting for the news I would have been a lot more tense about it.

Plus someone already posted on my FB wall (one of my son's friends) so I KNOW it would have gotten out otherwise!! Now just hoping my dad didn't get up early this am or I am in twubble! ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I thought I said congrats....maybe I am going insane!! lol Highly possible! Congrats hon....enjoy having a daughter...you may notice that something is missing when you change that first diaper :rofl:

Be prepared for a frantic PM in a few months LOL!!! "What is this thing and how do I clean it??" :p

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
OMG congratulations!! what a lovely surprise :)

pics pls lol ;)

I'm trying to scan them in but I scan and save them and then I cannot find them any more?? That was before I had told my sons tho, I think they may be able to help me.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Oh dear to DS2's reaction - hope he gets over it soon!

He was already back to normal after an hour or two!!

Flava
March 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
He was already back to normal after an hour or two!!

I hope my DD1 will be like him! Im scared to tell her she don't want us to have more babys. I was just hoping if we say it's a boy then she would be more interested.But I think it's a girl and I so don't want to tell her.
You lucky you could hide it this long I don't know how many weeks you are but Im sure I will look big soon I already have a big tummy.:(

Mochagirl
March 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I'm amazed you've been able to hide the pregnancy too! I'm only 15 weeks and there's no hiding this belly anymore. I haven't told my sons yet, but they're young enough that they don't make the big belly/baby connection yet. We're trying to wait until the results from all the blood work so we know the baby's healthy before we tell them. As for all the adults in my life, though, I don't even need to tell them - they can tell as soon as they see me!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I hope my DD1 will be like him! Im scared to tell her she don't want us to have more babys. I was just hoping if we say it's a boy then she would be more interested.But I think it's a girl and I so don't want to tell her.
You lucky you could hide it this long I don't know how many weeks you are but Im sure I will look big soon I already have a big tummy.:(

Flava, this is the tiniest my tummy has ever been in pg! With the boys I was this big at like 3 DPO LOL. Not saying it's gender related because that's just an old wives tale, but it's odd because you'd think after 5 kids I'd be like the Staypuf Marshmallow Mom and I've been wearing fitted shirts and my regular skirts and pants until just the last couple weeks. I have not gained as much weight this time as I normally do.

Foxy
March 24th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I think it's time to get a ticker, girl! :HH:

Mochagirl
March 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
atomic - you must be much more disciplined than me food-wise. As soon as I was able to get off the LE diet, I started eating anything and everything in sight, and I haven't been able to stop since. I've gained 20 lbs and counting...but at least that only brings me to my pre-LE diet weight, so I suppose it's not that bad. I can still JUST do up my pre-diet size 28 jeans, but that's only with a whole lotta belly spillage over the waistband. I think I might be carrying a little higher than usual, so that's the only reason I can still do this. I usually opt for the maternity pants anyway these days both for comfort and to spare people the sight of my bunched up back fat from the cinching I need to do to get the pants done up ;).

grasshopper
March 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Atomic!!!! Thais is just the best news ever!!! Congratulations...you are an amazing support for so many people on here and I am sooo thrilled that the pink dust has come to settle on you! Your beautiful little girl will be lucky to have so many wonderful big brothers who are just going to adore her to bits.
Yay Mummy!!!

littlemissnaughty7
March 24th, 2012, 09:40 AM
OMFG ATOMIC I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR U !!!!!

seriously no one deserves this more than you after watching many people on here hear that there having there dream gender, and you being so upbeat and happy for them all you seriously deserve this hun, she is gona be gorgeous and she will be wearing lots of pink yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!

funny you should say that about the belly i was the same with both my boys showed huge straight away and this time im almost 5 weeks and my belly is as flat as a pancake, this happend to my sister too recently and she had a girl, i hope there is truth behind it for me xxxxxxxxxx

did you get any morning sickness ?

Coccinelle33
March 24th, 2012, 09:57 AM
OMG I ABOUT FREAKIN FELL OVER WHEN I READ THIS!!!! AHHHH CONGRATS WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!

deaks66
March 24th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Wonderful news atomic and much deserved! x

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I think it's time to get a ticker, girl! :HH:

I'm too dumb to know how to do it LOL.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 11:05 AM
atomic - you must be much more disciplined than me food-wise. As soon as I was able to get off the LE diet, I started eating anything and everything in sight, and I haven't been able to stop since. I've gained 20 lbs and counting...but at least that only brings me to my pre-LE diet weight, so I suppose it's not that bad. I can still JUST do up my pre-diet size 28 jeans, but that's only with a whole lotta belly spillage over the waistband. I think I might be carrying a little higher than usual, so that's the only reason I can still do this. I usually opt for the maternity pants anyway these days both for comfort and to spare people the sight of my bunched up back fat from the cinching I need to do to get the pants done up ;).

I've gained 15 lbs but for some reason it's not very evident. Most of that has been in the last couple weeks - I got MS early and unlike with the boys, where I had MS when I hadn't eaten, I often got MS after I ate with this pg and sorry for TMI but I had raging diarrhea for about 6 weeks 6 times a day so I don't think I was totally absorbing everything I ate. I really didn't have much of an appetite at all. I got full really fast.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you all so very much! :heart:

fivebabies
March 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
You need a pregnancy ticker!!!!

Flava
March 24th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Flava, this is the tiniest my tummy has ever been in pg! With the boys I was this big at like 3 DPO LOL. Not saying it's gender related because that's just an old wives tale, but it's odd because you'd think after 5 kids I'd be like the Staypuf Marshmallow Mom and I've been wearing fitted shirts and my regular skirts and pants until just the last couple weeks. I have not gained as much weight this time as I normally do.

You was on the LE diet so of course you look small.But Im that marshmallow mom right now and I never been that before and it really hurts me. I had to be on HE diet and I hate it and I hate to be big. My only hope is that Im already big so I can hide this baby in that and i don't just get bigger and bigger every week so ppl can't tell for awhile!

For the ticker you just make one you like then get the code and paste it in your signature. There are lot's of places to get it like lilypie , alterna tickers , the bump ect. so have fun!

Jojogirl
March 24th, 2012, 11:40 AM
that is so freaking awesome! I am *so happy* for you! Yay!!!!! Awesomeness!

besjoux
March 24th, 2012, 12:20 PM
YAY!!! Congrats, so happy for you!

Saga
March 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Big congrats to you!!! I'm so so happy for you:bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Thank you saga, I haven't seen you on here forever! Hope all is well.

indigoviolet
March 24th, 2012, 02:31 PM
OMG!!! I'm just seeing this now!!! I too thought it was a sort of joke at first! Huge congrats to you, WHAT a great surprise!
:HH:

OnlyPraying
March 24th, 2012, 03:53 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!! Am i reading this right? Youre already half done with this pregnancy?! Youre unbelievable woman!!! Im soooo happy for you...you really really truly deserve this! Many Prayers for you that you deliver her with peace and health...Take care and be safe momma :)

PS: You have no idea how much hope your news has given me :)

Mrs_Incredible
March 24th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Congratulations, just had to post, so pleased for you. I read your story on IG while I was swaying with my ds#3 (swayed pink but 'failed' and I was blessed with the sweetest little boy ever!). Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Can I ask where your sway info is as I'd love to have a look. Thanks xx

babydust
March 24th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOO happy for u!!! :):) :) :) :) :)

babydust
March 24th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Seriously, this news just made my day. I am just over the moon for u. You are going to get YOUR little princess! She's going to be just beautiful. Can't wait to see her sweet little face.

You did it! You proved your theory and your having ur little girl. Amazing. You've given me much hope and confidence for when we try to sway again in the future.

I'm so sorry to hear about your hard times but I am glad that things are much better now!! Xoxoxo

Kiara
March 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Congratulations!!:running:

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Hi and welcome Mrs. I - nice to see you here!!!

It's in the Add your Sway section - I must have accidentally posted it out here at first and then when I tried to move it, it somehow split into two posts!!!

It is not at all a traditional sway in the typical sense of the word but I honestly think it may have been the only way I could ever have gotten a daughter!!

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2012, 08:21 PM
You was on the LE diet so of course you look small.But Im that marshmallow mom right now and I never been that before and it really hurts me. I had to be on HE diet and I hate it and I hate to be big. My only hope is that Im already big so I can hide this baby in that and i don't just get bigger and bigger every week so ppl can't tell for awhile!

For the ticker you just make one you like then get the code and paste it in your signature. There are lot's of places to get it like lilypie , alterna tickers , the bump ect. so have fun!

LOL you should have seen me with DS 4 - I had been on the LE Diet of sorts for 2 months and was only 124 lbs but I was HUGE within about a week!!!

Thanks for the tip on the tickers!

mis2ninos
March 25th, 2012, 12:28 AM
OMG!!! This is so awesome so excited for you!!!! Congrats congrats congrats!!! Xx

PeonyPrincess
March 25th, 2012, 03:12 AM
I go on holidays for a week and look what happens! Congratulations AS!! What an unexpected little surprise she was for you, with everything else you had going on at the time, and so good to hear she is healthy. All the best.

zanacal
March 25th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Hopefully I've merged the two threads for you now Atomic - your original post wasn't on the other thread anymore so I thought I'd give it a go!

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM

Ok, where do you paste it?? When I paste it in my signature, it just shows the computer language and not a ticker. Sorry for stupidity!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Hopefully I've merged the two threads for you now Atomic - your original post wasn't on the other thread anymore so I thought I'd give it a go!

Thank you so much!!! I knew that could be done but hadn't taken the time. Much appreciated.

Mochagirl
March 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Ok, where do you paste it?? When I paste it in my signature, it just shows the computer language and not a ticker. Sorry for stupidity!!!

Make sure you copy and paste the BBCode version of your ticker (it should be labelled on the site), not the HTML one.

Flava
March 25th, 2012, 09:23 AM

You get the code starts with URL go to your signature and paste it in the big box. Same place where you write your other signature stuff what we can see.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Make sure you copy and paste the BBCode version of your ticker (it should be labelled on the site), not the HTML one.

That's what I was doing wrong, thanks!!

Flava
March 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Ahhh that's a really cute PINK one!!!:wink::o

Foxy
March 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Love the ticker! :babyf:

jacqueline
March 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM
OMG! I never read the swaying forums but I just saw this headline pop up this morning. So so happy for you atomic! And I love your ticker!

Hobbermittens
March 25th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Nice ticker, Atomic!

Flava
March 25th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Sound like you think it's a girl because you changed your T lvl so much. So what if we can't change T a lot? Then we don't have a big chance? Like I tried to do that but i really don't feel any different then i was before.
Would you say then I did not changed my T much or not at all?

zanacal
March 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Sound like you think it's a girl because you changed your T lvl so much. So what if we can't change T a lot? Then we don't have a big chance? Like I tried to do that but i really don't feel any different then i was before.
Would you say then I did not changed my T much or not at all?

I don't think it was just that Flava - there was diet, lack of vitamins/supplements, age (sorry A!), DH's smoking and energy drinks, abstinence etc. :D

Irishmom
March 25th, 2012, 07:48 PM
OMG! Atomic this is just the best news. Congrats! I cant imagine how it must feel for you to be finally told you are expecting your daughter. It just could'nt happen to a nicer person.The time and effort you put into this site and all the time you were having your own problems just shows how much we all mean to you. Thank you so much!
I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy. I'm so happy for you. xx:hug2:

Irishmom
March 25th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I really had a hard time after DS 4 coming back and having to update everyone - I really wanted to avoid that! I didn't intentionally keep anything from anyone, just that I felt better about waiting till I knew if it was good news or not.

This is exactly what i plan on doing also. If i'm blessed with a BFP i will be hiding until my scan lol. I can't go through the whole process of people feeling sorry for me if i have another boy.(in their eyes not mine).It must have been hard for you to do.But i totally get you.

Myloves
March 25th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Add me to the list of those who :awe: you're new ticker! :D

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think it was just that Flava - there was diet, lack of vitamins/supplements, age (sorry A!), DH's smoking and energy drinks, abstinence etc. :D

Exactly! I think the T was part of the whole package.

fourblessings
March 25th, 2012, 08:39 PM
HUGEST CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is the most wonderful news!! Your little girl is going to have so many big brothers to boss around and they will LOVE it!!! You must be so happy and dont worry bout nappy changes youl be a pro in a week ha XXX

Plum3
March 25th, 2012, 09:39 PM
WOW!! Congratulations! :D

I can't believe you managed to contain it for so long. You must be over the moon!!

nini
March 26th, 2012, 03:58 AM
What news to come online to! WOW!!! I wanted to ask you before whether or not you will have another baby, I couldnt live with the thought of you helping everyone else and not going for it again yourself, but thought it would be too cheeky to ask. So happy for you, amazing news, not just because its a girl but foremost its another baby, yay... and gosh, how I would have loved to have 4 older brothers, way to go .... How did you come online for everyone with 4 kids, worries about money, during the crappy period of early pregnancy and help everyone ELSE? I can hardly keep my eyes open once my 3 kids are in bed, let alone think, let alone be a rock for others (which you are). C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S. you are amazing.

Sunset
March 26th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Congratulations!!!!! what lovely news! :D

babydust
March 26th, 2012, 09:10 AM
LOVE your new ticker!! :babym:

Flava
March 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM

Well Im 37...:( I just hope it's the other way around for me.

sweetpea
March 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
LOVE your ticker, AS! ;)

Wishing4Princess
March 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Say whaaa??? CONGRATULATIONS, AS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so shocked, yet, so excited for you!!!

starflower
March 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
OMG WOW!!! I am sooo happy for you Atomic, so over the moon and utterly happy for you :cheer: All the time, energy, hard work, research (and the essays! :bigsmile:) hard work and genuine time effort and commitment you give to others is really come back to you now.... in the form of a little princess that you will soon be holding in your arms :awe: I am just so happy for you! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

So sorry to hear that you had all the stress going on in your life and really hope things are on the improve now and all the very best for the remaining pregnancy which you are alrealy halfway through! Wowsers!! Can't wait to hear about your little bundle of joy when she arrives!

Allegra
March 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM
WOW!!! Huge congratulations!!! You so deserve your little girl! <3

sugarNspice
March 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
OMG, Atomic-- I am so happy for you! I'm so grateful for all your pink swaying help, all your research, and all your efforts on this site. It's so great that you've gotten some pink dust of your own!

:DD: are the most wonderful thing in the world, and there is nothing better or more special than a mother/daughter relationship (except of course mother/son relationships are probably just as special, but I wouldn't know :).

so excited for you! :running:

fresas
March 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I just logged on for the first time in a few days and noticed a ticker in your signature. That is all major news! Congratulations! I'm glad it is a girl and she is healthy! It is all a miracle. I'm so sorry for the other stuff going on in your life, but congratulations with girl pregnancy. I hope the rest is H & H for you!

genieinabottle1
March 28th, 2012, 01:30 AM
COngrats!!!! I have just been lurking on here for awhile, but I am so so happy for you. Thank you for all your help in this site. You are amazing. You have been through some rough times, but hopefully this news is the start of happier times! Have a great rest of your pregnancy!

baabaa
March 28th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Huge congrats to you!
I was wondering what was going on when I saw your ticker change in the private gender sway section and couldn't work out how I missed that! Honestly so excited for you. You help so many people achieve their dreams, it seems like all is right with the world when I see such lovely news for you.
Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of pregnancy xx

Sassy
March 29th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I've just logged on for the first time in weeks....

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atomic that is simply the most wonderful news - you've made my day! So incredibly happy for you and your family. All the very best for a smooth sailing second half of the pregnancy!

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2012, 09:46 AM
What news to come online to! WOW!!! I wanted to ask you before whether or not you will have another baby, I couldnt live with the thought of you helping everyone else and not going for it again yourself, but thought it would be too cheeky to ask. So happy for you, amazing news, not just because its a girl but foremost its another baby, yay... and gosh, how I would have loved to have 4 older brothers, way to go .... How did you come online for everyone with 4 kids, worries about money, during the crappy period of early pregnancy and help everyone ELSE? I can hardly keep my eyes open once my 3 kids are in bed, let alone think, let alone be a rock for others (which you are). C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S. you are amazing.

Thank you so much!! There were MANY days when it felt like this site and of course my children were the only thing keeping me going. You guys give me back more than you will ever know. :heart:

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
As- I am curious what weight you were when you conceived ds3 and d4? What was your BMI?

With DS 3 I weighed 135 lbs and I was PURE muscle because that's when I worked in the dog kennel and did a lot of lifting and exercise. I normally weighed 132 but we decided to start trying in May, I did not get pg that month but ate like I was already and gained 3 lbs that month. Got pg in June.

With DS 4 I weighed 126 lbs and was in the process of gaining weight to relose on LE Diet but I'm not 100% sure when I actually got pg with him. I had recently lost quite a bit of weight but I was still very muscley.

In the interim I gained like 70+ pounds with my pg with DS 4 and then lost most of it back down to 126 again. I was a lot more mush and a lot less muscle after all this.

With this baby I was holding at 126 for several months, maybe even a whole year before TTC. Then I lost down to 123. The main diff was the muscle mass. I really had/have a lot less muscle.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Well Im 37...:( I just hope it's the other way around for me.

My great grandma had 6 girls and then 2 boys in her late 30's!!! Luv4boys from IG just had a boy on her 42nd birthday!!!

WantALittleBlue
March 29th, 2012, 11:33 PM
OH WOW !!! Congratulations! This is awesome news, really happy for you Atomic

TickledPinkButLoveMyBlue
April 3rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Wowsers!!! This is lovely news. So happy for you and an extra bonus that shes a little pink one.
Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
CONGRATULATIONS :) :x

envisioned
April 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
I just got wind of this via your signature. It took me a moment to clue in that it was you. Congrats! Seriously. Reading your story is VERY helpful and you are making me go and get a gym membership. Subconciously. LOL!

allison
April 4th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Wow! I just saw this. Congratulations! You deserve it!

Lilian78
April 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just want to say big congratulations to you!!

Yuzu
April 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM
How the heck did I miss this? How did you keep it secret for so long? I'm THRILLED!!!!:running:

zanacal
April 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Yuzu, I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations, what wonderful news :D

Flava
April 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yeah Yuzu how do we missed you are pregnant lol congrats!

My Fabulous Children
April 5th, 2012, 09:31 PM
WOW!!! I'm shocked like everyone else, lol.. WOW AS how did you hide your pregnancy (for 20 weeks) from us?!! Lol

I'm so happy for you, C O N G R A T U L AT I O N S on your BABY GIRL :HH:

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 02:18 PM
It was really tough!! I almost caved a zillion times!!! But it got easier as I went along because I just knew I'd be sooo stressed out otherwise! :)

happyheart
April 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
:cheerteam: Congratulations Atomic!!!! I am so happy for you!! :) :cheerteam:

Glittergirl
April 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Wow! A huge congratulations to you! So glad you got your girl....you helped me (and countless others) get my girl you deserve your healthy girl and so much more-I totally believe in karma! I truly believe the low T and not stressing you advised me on worked for me! Thank YOU! I have been so laid back since I started swaying--def opposite of my type a personality and attention to detail kind of person I was! congrats!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you all so very, very much!! :)

XXdreaming
April 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM
OMG!!! youre leaving the all boy club? ;) oh wow I am so excited for you!! so very happy, and so glad to hear that you are finally getting your baby girl!! I am in tears lol I am so excited for you :)

bethiew
April 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Atomic, this news is thrilling. Wish I didn't see it so late! You are precious and helped me so much. I cannot wait to hear all the details of your little girl when she arrives. What a blessing!

atomic sagebrush
April 25th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Thank you all so much! :heart:

HappyMedium
April 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Your post and update make me want to cry....what a situation to deal with..for such a long time. It is like you walked through the desert. Sooo happy for you! I would say God bless, but he already has.

mariposa
May 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I havent read it completetly, and just wanted to give you massive congratulations for your little princess, and to wish you the terrible moments that you had in past, dessapear for always . A huge hug!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks so much, ladies! :heart:

HappyMedium
June 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Atomic...your sway makes me cry every time I read it...I don't know why I did today, but I did..I have read it several times. Well...stress has been horrible lately, but I wasn't picking up on it. I ended up in the ER this morning with horrible palpitations. I told them the diet I was on and they checked all my levels and all were perfect...BUT I think my K levels are what is causing it....too low...so I am going to up my K levels and hope it stops. At this point I have been doing the diet and my DH is so pissed at me for possibly screwing with my health...so he made me eat a hotdog for lunch today. I really am sooo emotional and if AF hadn't showed I would swear I was pregnant...but am not. I don't care what I have anymore...I am doing the best I can with diet, but I think I am going to have to lean harder on other things...BUT I don't want to stress about it either. I am really leaning more on God now, because it is all up to Him really. (Please don't be offended to those who don't believe in God) To tell you the truth,I am just glad to be here right now...I have a heart monitor on for the next 48 hours. Ugh....

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I had to wear the heart monitor 3 times Happy and it took 15 years before they ever found anything (and in the end, it turned out to be perfectly benign). The palps are terrifying but 9 times out of 10 they are nothing to even worry about.

Please be super careful with your potassium. I'm living proof you can conceive boys with low potassium and a girl with higher potassium (because I was on the supps!)

Take care of yourself! :heart:

mis2ninos
June 14th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Atomic oh wow you only have 2 months left girl and you get to meet your little pink bundle!! Time has flown by! Have you bought lots of pink by now? :))

Lucky-happy-blessed
June 26th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Atomic, I just wanted to add my sincere congratulations to this thread

I am truly so happy that you're expecting your dd, you deserve this so much in fact you deserve this more than anyone I know, you spend so much time and effort supporting people on their quest for their dream and I couldn't be happier that your dream has come true

I know that life isn't that simple, that deserving something doesnt mean it will happen, that sometimes it comes down to luck either being on your side or not. But sometimes it's amazing when fate smiles on the deserving, and I know that your daughter will have a life filled with love and happiness xxx

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Atomic oh wow you only have 2 months left girl and you get to meet your little pink bundle!! Time has flown by! Have you bought lots of pink by now? :))

I haven't bought too much, I think there's a big part of me worried that I will jinx myself if I do. I haven't gotten rid of my boy clothes yet either!!

atomic sagebrush
June 26th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Thank you so much! :heart:

stephiel
July 16th, 2012, 04:41 PM
wow wow wow what an amazing journey!!! I'm beyond happy for you and just can't wait till she is here and in your arms. I hope the other stresses that had been filling your world are slowing down and working themselves out too!

Typical_Jules
July 16th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Awww awesome :) congrats on your little GIRL! I do remember you saying you were going to sway boy.... And I thought nah, she will have a girl...anyway you swayed PINK! So congrats onbyour successful sway!

elle82
July 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Oh wow..what an amazing story!! You are such an inspiration Atomic :) Huge congrats on your little princess xxx

stephiel
July 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I was just thinking about your sway this am and was curious about one thing. You said that you thought about swaying blue but changed your mind due to the FIL's illness. My question is why were you going to sway blue? I'm guessing that you just thought it would be fun to have all brothers at this point? Curious though because I know that you had previously swayed pink and had pretty bad GD

Mum23boys
July 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
huge congratulations you must be over the moon. x

Brat23
July 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Just popped in to check on everyone and I saw this! I have been following your posts and blogs for years and I am so so so excited for you! Congrats on your precious DD lots of love you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mummypink
July 20th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Awww, huge congrats Atomic! I think I would be the same - wouldn't believe it until she was finally here! :)

I lost my Dad to MND which is a form of ALS 3 years ago when ds2 was just 6 weeks old, he was diagnosed the day my first son was born. Absolutely horrible disease, thankfully the form my Dad had wasn't genetic. I have read too that it is more prevalent in boys which is another reason why I hope my 3rd little one is a girl.

You're doing such a wonderful job helping everyone on here, I hope that with the happy news of your pending bundle of pink that lots of other things in your life have got better too. xx

BeadinMom
July 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Atomic,
You are amazing. You handle all of it with such grace and class. You deserve that little girl.
Thanks for all you do for all of us. ♥

Indira
July 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Atomic,
You are amazing. You handle all of it with such grace and class. You deserve that little girl.
Thanks for all you do for all of us. ♥

:agree:

atomic sagebrush
July 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I was just thinking about your sway this am and was curious about one thing. You said that you thought about swaying blue but changed your mind due to the FIL's illness. My question is why were you going to sway blue? I'm guessing that you just thought it would be fun to have all brothers at this point? Curious though because I know that you had previously swayed pink and had pretty bad GD

Oh I'm sorry Steph, I only just now saw this. After having terrible GD with DS 3 and mild with DS 4, I sort of came to terms with the idea - there is a huge age gap between DS 2 and 3 so we kinda had to start all over again and I was hoping for a girl. But after DS 3 and 4, we were back in the mix with boy clothes, boy toys, and the whole boy lifestyle and in that scenario, a boy just fit in better. I still worry that a girl will get a little lost in the shuffle sometimes TBH but I was so scared about the ALS when I got pg that I was willing to do whatever it takes to prevent it.

stephiel
July 21st, 2012, 10:19 PM
Gotcha thanks for checking back in Atomic :) I am over the moon that you are having a girl. As I said before I have been reading your posts for literally years now and knew how badly you had wanted a little girl so I'm just beyond happy that you are getting her. Personally I wouldn't worry that she won't fit in...she will be your whole family's little darling, her brothers will be big protectors of her and she will probably be really tough and good at sports which will make all the boys i school adore her that much more! I love it and again hope some of the other stuff has settled down for you and the family....

mkarntz1980
July 22nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
To be honest Atomic, I thought you really did want to sway pink but were just saying you wanted to say blue so you wouldnt be dissapointed lol

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
To be honest Atomic, I thought you really did want to sway pink but were just saying you wanted to say blue so you wouldnt be dissapointed lol

I know a lot of people think that, but I really had come to terms with my GD for the most part, with the occasional bad day here and there. In a lot of ways, the dream I had with DS 3 which was the two older boys and then one spoiled little girl was dead and gone anyway and a boy just made more sense. I worry that there's a big diff. between having a girl at 36 and having one at 42 - by the time she's going to be getting married and having her own kids I'll be quite old and so it won't be the same. Plus my husband really wasn't and isn't sure about doing the girl thing anyway, even now he's kinda uptight about the idea!

auroara78
July 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Yep, AS, sometimes I think we married the same man! You must be married to my DH's long lost twin brother...my husband is still somewhat fretful about what we're going to "do" once she arrives...he's so worried about all the girl stuff, colors, etc, boys one day looking at her....

Mochagirl
July 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Geez - men and their fear of girly stuff! It's not like the boy stuff comes naturally to all us boy moms, yet we manage!

suregena
July 23rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
My husband is neither here nor there - he's a man but he's into music and film, reading, art, poetry--that sort of thing (like me)... thankfully, which means our son isn't put into a gender-type corner and if we were to have a girl, she wouldn't be, either.

Hobbermittens
July 23rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
I am so sorry people are spreading sh!tty rumors about you. You have done so much for all of us on here, and it makes me angry that anyone would turn around and treat you with such disrespect. :( I know you are a great mother and wife, and would never jeopardize your family's safety or well being in any way! Try not to let all the BS out there get to you. :hugs:

atomic sagebrush
July 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM
My husband is neither here nor there - he's a man but he's into music and film, reading, art, poetry--that sort of thing (like me)... thankfully, which means our son isn't put into a gender-type corner and if we were to have a girl, she wouldn't be, either.

Yeah, my husband isn't too into gender stereotypes (like, he was in musicals and sports both in school) I think he just feels ill-equipped for a girl and possibly that he may ruin her or something. :)

dramabird
July 24th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Atomic, you rock. *HUG*

amari
July 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Never knew that was happening. People love some drama. Hang in there!

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Moving this to the back of the thread

Update - I have heard of some pretty ugly gossip going around that sadly I feel that I must address it. I don't think anyone really believes it, but since it's out there, I guess I have to waste time on it.

1)My children were ALWAYS well fed and cared for. I NEVER bought alcohol or anything for swaying at the expense of food, paying my bills, and caring for my children. My 20 year old son was so furious about this allegation that he was going to film a video about it and post it on YouTube LOL.

2)There is a HUGE difference between saying "We have nothing to eat, guess it's spaghetti night again", having to wait a few days till the next paycheck to go grocery shopping and living off what you have in your cupboards because you are out of money, even feeling a little stressed out and tense about it, and seriously having NOTHING to eat, children going hungry, etc. I thought that was obvious, but apparently some people are twisting my words into me starving my children while my husband and I bought booze. If my children were EVER in any danger of suffering in any way, I would move heaven and earth for them, up to and including food stamps, food banks, having help from my parents, begging in the streets if I had to, and getting my butt off the Internet and getting a real job. My husband may have a prickly personality and was going through a rough patch at the time, but he would NEVER do anything to harm his children or cause them to suffer in any way.

3)"Drinking more than I should have been" for me entails about 2 light beers and on a couple of times 3-4. My husband did drink more, 4-6 beers and a couple times more, but he also weighs 250 lbs. So any suggestion that we were drunk all the time and not caring for our children, is complete nonsense.

4) I've heard there is a rumor possibly being spread that a miscarriage (really more a chemical) that I had earlier in 2011 was caused by the LE Diet, my drinking, vitex, and not prenatal vitamins. Implication being that I was keeping this information from people deceptively trying to misrepresent the risks of my recommendations for swaying. And also that the miscarriage was swaying for me and I kept that from people to make my diet look more effective. That loss happened a full 6 months before I got pg with my DD, long before things got very stressful and hectic for us. I was not swaying at that point, I was eating normally (I had just been on vacation actually and eating like a pig who loved red meat) taking prenatal vitamins, DHA, high dose folic acid, was not drinking. It had NOTHING to do with swaying and I have invested many hours of time and energy into making swaying as safe as I possibly can.

My chemical took place after a very stressful couple days where I had had very little sleep and significantly more caffeine than I normally do. I was not ovulating and it was the first egg I released while BF, so I didn't have any clue I was pg until I had the loss. I was also 41 years old and people have chemical pregnancies at 41 quite frequently. I did not choose to tell family about that and so I did not care to share all about it publicly because you never know who will be reading it, and quite frankly because it was a personal thing to me and I just didn't feel like mentioning it in my sway right when I was excited about getting a DD, because it had NOTHING to do with my sway. I have mentioned it at other points on the board and it was NEVER a secret in any way.

5)When you put yourself on the line publicly like I have, people are going to come out of the woodwork to try and bring you down. I accept that. This is not a surprise to me in any way. I am a pretty upfront and direct by my nature and I like keeping it real because I know that being a mom is hard, none of us are perfect, and that there are tons of people out there struggling through hard times. Maybe it helps them in some way to think, well, you know atomic went through some hard times, she made mistakes, she's not perfect, but her kids are ok and my family will be ok too. I'm not going to change that about myself or censor myself in any way.

HopeandDreamG
July 29th, 2012, 10:02 AM
What did I miss????? and who do I have to beat up?

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2012, 10:10 AM
:heart: :hug2:

Nothing of consequence, just some rumors I heard that were circulating among some of the old IG set - IG was a bit of a hotbed for drama :drama: and some people like to continue the tradition. I don't know how widespread it was so I felt like I had to update it for you guys and also clarify for anyone who was spreading this stuff.

Another princess
July 30th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Hugs! Can't believe people can b so mean - you helped so many people on IG. Over here we are all huge fans of u so please don't waste anytime worrying about them x

stephiel
July 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Wow I can't believe what I have just read and feel so sad that you have had to defend yourself. There are always some bad eggs out there and I'm sorry that they can be so cruel. I have another friend on another site who is the most supportive girl ever...she's very much like you and she swayed girl and had a lot of meanies hoping she'd get a boy just because they are cruel...similar drama and so cruel and unfair. I'm sorry that you had to deal with all the BS but am glad it didn't take you away from all of us who respect and appreciate you so much! You are an amazing mommy!

boys,boys.boys!!!
July 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
thats terrible, i cant beleive people would say that!! although i havent been a member on here for that long, its clear from all your posts how much your family mean to you. some people cant stand to see things go right for someone and have to try and make up lies to make themselves feel better! you do so much for everyone on here and dedicate so much time, dont let them get you down :hug2:

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I haven't bought too much, I think there's a big part of me worried that I will jinx myself if I do. I haven't gotten rid of my boy clothes yet either!!

let's just say that I have more than made up for it lately LOL. My husband will kill me if he sees the credit card LOL!! ;)

Mum23boys
November 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM
SHE IS SO ADORABLE !!!

Another princess
November 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Atomic she's absolutely beautiful. Her outfits are gorgeous!! Enjoy every minute of dressing her up and spending on her outfits. Afterall she won't be tiny for long and before you know it she will be telling you what she wants to wear x

sweetpea
November 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Your daughter is SO cute, Atomic! Awwww :awe:

Adia
November 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM
In addition, we had a lot of other stressful events culminating in the most hellish month of my existence, Oct-Nov. 2011. If it could have gone wrong that month, it DID.

You weren't alone in that. 2011 was a sh*tty year for A LOT of people and Oct-Nov 2011 was especially crappy for people like me and DH. Some of the worst things that have ever happened in my life happened in that time period.

So happy to hear how you finally got a girl even in the midst of some serious crap!! Little girls are lots of fun!! Especially in the clothes department!

mariposa
November 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
oh my God!!!! she´s sooooo lovely!!!!! :HH: enjoy her!!!!:bighug:

sweetpea
November 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM
You weren't alone in that. 2011 was a sh*tty year for A LOT of people and Oct-Nov 2011 was especially crappy for people like me and DH. Some of the worst things that have ever happened in my life happened in that time period.

So happy to hear how you finally got a girl even in the midst of some serious crap!! Little girls are lots of fun!! Especially in the clothes department!
So interesting...2011 was one of the worst years of my life as well, with the last few months of that year being almost unbearable. Sorry to hear others were suffering at that time as well. :(

Adia
November 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
So interesting...2011 was one of the worst years of my life as well, with the last few months of that year being almost unbearable. Sorry to hear others were suffering at that time as well. :(

I thought it was interesting too. As 2011 was on its way out, I heard NUMEROUS people say in many different places that 2011 was a really tough year for a lot of people. It made me feel a little better that I wasn't the only one ready to crumble under the stress.

It would be interesting to know if it was a bad line up of the stars or what the deal was, but overall it was just a lousy year. No good memories for me.

Mochagirl
November 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Count me in as another person for whom the last part of 2011 was horrific. Between September and November, I lost my beloved kitty, had a m/c and found out my dad had terminal cancer. I was very happy to have that year end.

rachel
November 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
omg what nasty people to bad mouth you like that talk about bad karma your girl is a little goddess xxx

atomic sagebrush
November 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Thank you guys!

I'm sorry 2011 was such a B--- to everyone! Glad to see that year go buh-bye, that's for sure.

Coco
November 16th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Wow Atomic!! Huge congratulations, what wonderful news!!!!!!!! I have just logged on for the first time since I posted being 8 weeks pg back April (been a rough year!!) - at which time I must have missed your original post .

I did a double take when I saw a picture of your gorgeous girl just then, she is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!

So sorry to hear you had such a horrendous 2011 but what a perfect ending xxxxx

Goodthings
June 4th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Just needed some clarification about your use of Vitex to improve your libido -- Vitex is known to actually decrease sex drive; and indeed is also known as chasteberry specifically because it was used by women long ago to "keep them chaste" while their husbands were off at war. Does it increase sex drive in larger amounts? I'd love to know if it is successful with increasing libido in alternative doses. Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
June 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I've read both claims. I know that it was said once upon a time to decrease sex drive (but that was in MEN, my understanding was that it was taken by monks and that's where the name came from, I'm sure it was used in many ways). But i've also read a lot saying that it does something hormonally that improves libido for some women and have had reports from people that it did make them a little more interested in DTD.

It didn't work for me at all. In fact quite the opposite, but at the same time a lot of sh-- was going down and I think sex is so mental for women, that I wouldn't be surprised if it was jsut as much due to the disruptions and unhappiness I was going through at the time.