PDA

View Full Version : How is it even possible?

Coccinelle33
March 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
IM GAINING WEIGHT!!!!!!:hair:

I lost a few pounds right away and now have gained 2 back!!!

Im hardly even eating!

dramabird
March 26th, 2012, 11:44 AM
How long have you been on the diet, mommy*duke? The first week, I was eating about 1600 cals a day and didn't lose an ounce. For myself (and this will be different for each lady), I had to stick around 1300 to actually lose weight and go below 1200 to lose it quickly. You might just have to experiment a bit to see what's right for you.

Bear in mind, a lot of us can lose or gain a pound or two in a day just depending on how much we've been drinking and when was our most recent (ahem) poop. :)

zanacal
March 26th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Are you weighing yourself more than once a week? I find my weight fluctuates a lot so I only take note of what it is first thing in the morning on weigh in day!

myGirl
March 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I go through this a lot. Sometimes it takes a while for the scale to budge even if you are starving! The best advice is to weigh less often, but sometimes that's so hard!!! The ups and downs really are due to water weight, you just have to keep reminding yourself!! I know, easier said than done :)

Now that I'm 40 losing weight has become twice as hard... my body fights me every step of the way. I just hope I can get PG and make it all worthwhile. Hearing about Atomic's success has given me a new burst of optimism and energy for my sway.

I've seen your posts in the food thread, you are doing a great job. The scale WILL move down for you, just give it time :HH:

zanacal
March 26th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I also found it helped to zig zag my calories when I was losing weight, having less on some days and more on others but eating the same on average over the course of a week.

Coccinelle33
March 26th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks everyone. I've been BACK on the diet for like 2 weeks. I was on it for almost a year but took a 2 month break. I had lost 11 pounds the first go round and then gained like half of that back when I went off. Lost a few more right away and now gained a few back again. Im so pissed!

sweetpea
March 26th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I also found it helped to zig zag my calories when I was losing weight, having less on some days and more on others but eating the same on average over the course of a week.
This is good advice - I've done the same in the past and it has worked for me too! :agree:

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2012, 08:58 AM
It's probably mostly just water weight, you have to actually eat 3500 additional calories beyond what you use for your daily activities to gain a pound so to gain two, you"d have to have eaten 7000 cals!!

That having been said, I do know you have cut back very far and a lot of times this makes our bodies panic and hold onto every scrap they can. I totally agree with what Zana says, you may have to loosen up on cals so your body feels ok with letting some body fat go.

Coccinelle33
March 31st, 2012, 10:49 AM
I know you say not to eat breakfast in the 2 ww but I just felt better about eating a little more at that time. My hubby and I went out for lunch yesterday and I ate pizza guilt free last night. I need a little break every now and then. Back on today though.