PDA

View Full Version : How do you check doctors out?

Twins6boysinall
March 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM
The last time me and my husband tried the Ericsson we ended up using the same doctor as the octo mom. Funny though he didn't get me pregnant. Guess I'm lucky lol. Anyway after all the news on the octo mom came out my husband found information on how his pregnancy rates were really low over all. I really don't want another bad doctor. So how do you check them out before you waste money going to see them?

michaela
March 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
All IVF doctors have to report to the CDC, if not they are fined. However, the CDC success rates are just one part of the equation and your best bet is to research that clinic online. Google the doctor's name, read patient experiences on forums, etc. There are lots of infertility forums out there that discuss if anyone has been to a certain doctor or not and that is a pretty good indication of how things will go. Most doctors will have good and bad reviews but there are some out that that have terrible reviews. The other best place to look is right here. I see you are in CA and there are ton of members, in the private section at least, that have gone to clinics all over in CA.