PDA

View Full Version : Due December 2012! Christmas Babies!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

NeedAGirl!
August 27th, 2012, 12:29 AM
how is everyone doing? Overall I feel pretty good. Nausea is finally gone, energy is pretty good. I do feel pretty huge already. It doesn't bother me so much in the day but by the time I go to bed my back hurts and I feel like a beached whale, thrashing around for a few minutes until I get comfortable. Lol. I see my midwife on tuesday. I am curious to see how I am measuring. At my last visit, I was measuring 3 weeks ahead!

Finally moved all of ds2's clothes into ds1's room as they are going to share now. They seem pretty happy about it which is good. I was able to pull all the bins of baby clothes out of the basement. I have 12 large bags of boy clothes that I am bringing to my neice later this week. Kind of sad going through it all. I saved a couple special outfits that I have fond memories of them wearing. We have decided this is the last baby. The practical side of me knows that is a good thing... Not sure my heart totally agrees...

Butterfly Spirit
August 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I agree
I also feel like this pregnancy for me is dragging :sigh:

I feel like mine is dragging again too. LOL It sucks!

NewYorkmom
August 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I also feel huge. I head back to work this week and no one knows I'm pregnant there. (I'm a teacher and was off all summer.) I'm dreading the insensitive comments already. I've never been a thin, cute pregnant person.

For those of you who work outside of the home, what week do you work until? I typically work until 36 weeks but was hoping to go to 38 so I get paid for Thanksgiving Break.

dloui128
August 27th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I also feel huge. I head back to work this week and no one knows I'm pregnant there. (I'm a teacher and was off all summer.) I'm dreading the insensitive comments already. I've never been a thin, cute pregnant person.

For those of you who work outside of the home, what week do you work until? I typically work until 36 weeks but was hoping to go to 38 so I get paid for Thanksgiving Break.

I work right up until I deliver

dloui128
August 27th, 2012, 09:06 AM
how is everyone doing? Overall I feel pretty good. Nausea is finally gone, energy is pretty good. I do feel pretty huge already. It doesn't bother me so much in the day but by the time I go to bed my back hurts and I feel like a beached whale, thrashing around for a few minutes until I get comfortable. Lol. I see my midwife on tuesday. I am curious to see how I am measuring. At my last visit, I was measuring 3 weeks ahead!

Finally moved all of ds2's clothes into ds1's room as they are going to share now. They seem pretty happy about it which is good. I was able to pull all the bins of baby clothes out of the basement. I have 12 large bags of boy clothes that I am bringing to my neice later this week. Kind of sad going through it all. I saved a couple special outfits that I have fond memories of them wearing. We have decided this is the last baby. The practical side of me knows that is a good thing... Not sure my heart totally agrees...

I am so tired and so sore by the end of the night I can barely move, I don't remember it being like this with my first two, I don't know how I am going to be able to hold up for another 15 weeks :sigh:

NeedAGirl!
August 27th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I also work until the bitter end! With DS1, I worked until 8pm, and went into labor at 11PM. I had a very rapid labor so with DS2, I stopped working at 39 weeks but then ended up being 8 days late! Doh! I regretted sitting at home. With the US's stupid policies on maternity leave, I dont want to use any time before baby if I can help it. I am not sure what I will do with this baby. My last labor was literally 1 hour - was sitting on the couch, feeling fine, eating a bowl of cereal at 4:45PM. Went to the bathroom, my water broke and he was born at 5:46! I currently work about 30 minutes from home so I will probably stop working on my due date if I have not had her yet.

ladybug
August 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM
i am feeling huge too and my back is killing me....I have been feeling like crap and pretty sure I have gestational diabetes again...yuck!! I did the test on Friday so I will find out this week....Also I should get a section date this month....This is my last baby as well...I am getting a tubal durning my section....Had another u/s at my OB office and he confirmed 100% girl...We are going to start her room soon....Time is dragging for me as well....

fivebabies
August 27th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I have been feeling the same way NeedAGirl!....and this is my 5th! I think its going to be sad for any mom to realize that its their baby. I think I would feel the same sadness if it were my 10th. But this is the right time for us to stop as well. I just turned 32 and just want to enjoy my family.

NeedAGirl!
August 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Speaking of nurseries, I totally splurged... Which is ok because I have barely spent any $ on this babe. I went with this awesome shop on Etsy. Check her out.. makes custom nursery set. We are going with a lavender theme. (how fitting, right? after all my lavender soap!) Mellissa's Boutique by mellissasboutique on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/mellissasboutique?ref=top_trail)

fivebabies
August 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Pretty stuff! :) Makes me wish we didn't co-sleep just so I had a reason to buy a crib set! lol.

BTW, doesn't our "baby" in our ticker look freaky this week? lol.

Yuzu
August 27th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Etsy shops are so dangerous for me; I could probably go bankrupt spending on the cute things I've seen at that site. I bought a custom cowboy blanket for DS3 before he was born. I'd better start shopping for a blanket for DS4. Maybe robots and spaceships?

amari
August 27th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Glad everyone is doing well! I actually feel like the pregnancy is flying by! I think it may be just b/c I am so nervous about having two at a time on top of my other two.

Definitely feeling the beached whale thing. I have gained 40 lbs which is more than I gained the entire pregnancies with my other two! I was underweight and this is twins, but STILL! I guess I will hit the 60 lb mark that they told me to gain!

Yuzu
August 27th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Ladybug, Congrats on the sweet babygirl!

coocoobananas
August 27th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Whoohoo someone gained more than me... But if yah you have 2;) I'm only 18 weeks barely and have gained over 20lbs!!! I'm a 'eat or be sick' pregnant person, sucks cause I hoped this last one I could pull off cute little pregnant lady... Nope!!

fivebabies
August 27th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I haven't gained any weight yet, I've actually lost 5 lbs. Never done that before during a pregnancy. lol.

I keep getting the urge to shop but have to hold off.

NeedAGirl!
August 28th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I have gained a rediculous 38 pounds since my bfp!! However I only weighed 110 at my bfp and my normal weight is about 128. I am now 148 so I am kinda only counting 20 lb. it was really fast at first but now is a pound a week which I think is normal after 20 weeks. Of course that means I still have 13 or 14 pounds to go!!

dloui128
August 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I have already gained 30lbs, that is what I gained total with my girls!!, ugh I guess that means I will probably gained at the very least 40 to 50 total

coocoobananas
August 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I like you're thinking needsgirl! So really I have only gained about 2 lbs!! So how come I look so chubby?!?;)

NeedAGirl!
August 28th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Look at that big belly!!

dloui128
August 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
your belly looks great NeedAGirl

Yuzu
August 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Beautiful belly pic!

amari
September 1st, 2012, 08:19 AM
Love that picture!

I have gained a whopping 45lbs! It is insane, more than I gained total my other pregnancies too. I went from 93 to 135! I actually had to make an emergency trip to the mall yesterday because my fall maternity clothes didn't fit and we are going to Colorado today . That trip cost $500!!! I better lose this weight!

fivebabies
September 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
LOL. Fun trip amari!!!

NeedAGirl!
September 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well, I suppose we can all go back on the LE diet. Ha!

Yuzu
September 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi everybody, I hope you are all doing well.

DS4 has gone from hardly kicking at all to becoming a football player in my belly! I guess he's getting me ready for his entry into the world in December. My anemia is causing me to be soooooo tired. I know my husband is tired of me saying how tired I am. But I am! This morning I got up, brushed my teeth and wanted to take a nap....LOL!

fivebabies
September 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
So sorry Yuzu! I know the feeling. I get up, get DD ready for school (boys can get themselves ready), makes lunches and send them out the door then I am down for an hour. I'm sooooo sleepy these days.

So fun that your little guy is so active! I love that.

NeedAGirl!
September 7th, 2012, 08:55 PM
So I did my dumb 1 hour diabetes test today and it was 139. The absolute cutoff is 140 but a lot of doctors use 130. I am guessing I am going to have to do the 3 hour test... blah... I dont know why I feel so upset about it. Guess it is just scary. With both my boys, my result was low, less than 100.

fivebabies
September 7th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Boo! So sorry to hear it! :(

ladybug
September 8th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I know it sucks....this is my 3rd time with gestational diabetes....Hope you pass your 3 hr

sweetsister
September 8th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Oh i hate the 3 hr my doctor doesnt believe in the ,other she skips always to the 3 hr1Im not looking forward to it either:(

sweetsister
September 8th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I have some serious Eye Twitching this pregnancy!Its driving me crazy...Only the one same eye lid....
Does anyone know if this is because of a deficiency ?Or is it just pregnancy,(i dont remember having it everyday like this before)I feel like a nutter!!

NeedAGirl!
September 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I together had the eye issues but I keep getting charlie horse cramps in my legs, feet and even my hands.

fivebabies
September 8th, 2012, 06:49 PM
My boobs are getting HUGE! I have no idea what's going on!!!

I've never had this happen in a pregnancy before. I was a full C through all of my other pregnancies and when I started this one but I'm falling out of a DD now. Not that I'm complaining. ;) But when the baby is born are they going to disappear? And sag?

This happen to anyone else?

dloui128
September 10th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I have KILLER heartburn it is so bad my throat is raw from all the acid that keeps coming up. I have tried prevacid, tums, and gavascon(all dr recommended) and nothing helps, anyone try anything else that has helped them?

fivebabies
September 10th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Zantac! In the gold box. That's what my Dr told me to take with pregnancy #3. Worked great. I used it for #4 also but haven't needed it this time yet....although I do get heartburn from water even. :( Hope you feel better!

dloui128
September 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Zantac! In the gold box. That's what my Dr told me to take with pregnancy #3. Worked great. I used it for #4 also but haven't needed it this time yet....although I do get heartburn from water even. :( Hope you feel better!

Thanks I will have to try that, I will try anything at this point. I had bad heartburn with DD1 but it didn't start until week 32 or so, so I managed. But this time it is way worse!!! its driving me insane :hair:

NeedAGirl!
September 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
So my lovely 3 hour glucola is tomorrow. That should be a whole lot of fun. The worst part is that I will basically be fasting for 15 hours since I have to fast for 12 hours before and then just drink that stuff and sit there for 3 hours.

I have also been getting a lot of B-H ctx this week. I had just told my midwife how I seemed to be having so many less contractions this pregnancy and then all of a sudden they are worse, especially in the afternoons! Between 24wks and 34 wks I just feel nervous and want this part to be over. I have never had an early baby (in fact, I had tons of ctx with DS2 and he was 8 days late!). It is just always a fear. Before 24 weeks there isnt anything to be done, after 34 weeks everything will be fine. Hope the next 5 weeks goes fast!

dloui128
September 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
NeedAGirl- I have to do a 2 1/2hr one on the 29th, my dr's office doesn't even do the 1hr one anymore they go right to 2 1/2 I am not looking forward to it at all. I have been having tons of braxton hicks too, they suck, it makes me nervous and I am so moody because of them

NeedAGirl!
September 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hurray! All 4 of my diabetes test levels were normal!

dloui128
September 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Hurray! All 4 of my diabetes test levels were normal!

Awesome news, I still have two weeks before I go for mine, I am not looking forward to it.

amari
September 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Yay! You can keep the sweets coming!
I got the slip for mine, now I just have to remember to go!

ladybug
September 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Needagirl.....Thats awesome news!!!! glad you passed

As for me....I failed my 3hr test badly and will be starting insulin tomorrow.....sucks :(

dloui128
September 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Needagirl.....Thats awesome news!!!! glad you passed

As for me....I failed my 3hr test badly and will be starting insulin tomorrow.....sucks :(

I have never had GD but does it go away after baby is born?

ladybug
September 16th, 2012, 02:08 PM
It usually does go away after pregnancy...But I am at a higher risk of developing it later in life and I have to keep my weight within the normal range as well

dloui128
September 16th, 2012, 04:13 PM
It usually does go away after pregnancy...But I am at a higher risk of developing it later in life and I have to keep my weight within the normal range as well

that stinks, hope everything goes ok for you

NeedAGirl!
September 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I'm sorry Ladybug! That does stink! Do they usually induce you early?

So I am a nesting freak this time! Anyone else? My whole house is getting organized! Ds2 just started kindergarten so I have about 2.5 months of Tuesdays and Fridays with no work and no kids! After 8 years, it feels really weird... And really nice..while it lasts!

dloui128
September 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry Ladybug! That does stink! Do they usually induce you early?

So I am a nesting freak this time! Anyone else? My whole house is getting organized! Ds2 just started kindergarten so I have about 2.5 months of Tuesdays and Fridays with no work and no kids! After 8 years, it feels really weird... And really nice..while it lasts!

I did have more energy then normal this weekend so I got the nursery done!! At least I can check it off of my enormous list of things to do still

Gentle
September 17th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hey all - I lost my password for this site when I changed laptops and couldn't find you all for ages!

Good to see everyone is doing ok, though sorry you have to deal with GD ladybug. My friend had that 3 out of 4 pregnancies and it was tough for her. I am kind of borderline with my last blood test so I am trying to be really good this week ahead of the next test.

I'm getting really variable energy levels which is hugely frustrating - I never know if I'm going to just crash in the middle of a job. We've made some pretty good progress with the house, but there is loads more I want to get done and about 3 days out of 5 I can only just manage the basics of the day! My ear keeps popping too - what is that all about?

I had evil sciatica for a couple of weeks - it was worse than any pain I ever experienced. It eased off after a couple of chiropractor appointments and the baby suddenly moving. Now I just have mild and occasional spd and it feels like heaven! I do feel huge though - 3 months to go and already vast!

I know I was talking to someone (sweetsister?) about hypnobirthing. The great Yahoo group is here Yahoo! Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hypnobabies/) - I'm just about to start the programme, a bit later than planned but I'm so looking forward to it.

Are you all sorted with names yet?

fivebabies
September 19th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Welcome back Gentle!!!

Am I the only one getting totally jealous of all the Sept/Oct babies being born?! Can't wait to see my baby!!!

dloui128
September 19th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Welcome back Gentle!!!

Am I the only one getting totally jealous of all the Sept/Oct babies being born?! Can't wait to see my baby!!!

I know I can't wait until December, it seems so far away!!

ladybug
September 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Looks like I am going to be a Nov mommy....My OB said today baby girl will be here no later than Nov 23....I hope nesting kicks in for me soon cause I really need to start getting things done :)

NeedAGirl!
September 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I am really hoping mine comes around Nov 23 too! A week early would be nice. I would rather have a Nov baby than a Dec baby just due to holidays and such. DS1 was right on time but DS2 was 8 days late so who knows!

fivebabies
September 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM
That's exciting ladybug!!

I am hoping (and assuming) that I'll deliver in November as well. I only went 1 day over with baby #1 and the rest were 1 to 2 weeks early. Seeing that I'm due Dec 1st I don't see myself going that far. AND this baby is breech and I had to have a c-section with the last one due to this pesky problem so they will not let me go into labor (unless she flips) and will schedule anothe c-section a week early. Right after Thanksgiving..I think that's perfect! :)

How is everyone else doing?

dloui128
September 20th, 2012, 08:50 AM
How exciting Ladybug you know the date that you will get to see your little girl :)

NeedAGirl and Fivebabies I wish I was someone who went early but I was 2 days late with both girls so I am just assuming this time I will be right on time or 2 days late lol. My little guy is breech right now too I hope that he turns I have never had a c-section before and I really don't want one. Can they turn him for me?? I go to the dr on 9/24 so hopefully she can tell if he is still breech or not.

fivebabies
September 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM
dloui~ They can do an External Cephalic Version (ECV). They all do it a little differently. You do it in the hospital with an ultrasound on baby and heartrate monitor at all times so they can watch for any distress. My Dr's require an epidural for it as its uncomfortable but I know women who have done it without, no problem. They literally just push on your belly turning him manually. 37 weeks exactly is the best time for it to be done.

My SIL had one done but 2 days later baby had flipped right back to breech. :(

Baby #3 for me was breech until 37 weeks and flipped on her own, born a week later. Baby #4 never turned and I opted for no ECV and ended up with a c-section. Not fun but not the worst thing ever either.

I did have my first 2 babies 100% drug free so I think I could handle the discomfort of the ECV without an epidural if they'd let me....haven't decided yet, but they have brought it up the last 2 appts....

fivebabies
September 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Plus, not everyone is a candidate! My placenta is towards the front on my right side and she's burrying her face in it (last u/s) and so they might not be able to do one without risking detatching the placenta...so I may be out anyways.

dloui128
September 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I really hope he turns on his own, the ECV doesn't sound comfortable and I really don't want to get an epidural if I am not in labor, plus it would definitely be my luck that he flipped back although I do have big babies so it would probably be hard for him to turn back at 37 weeks but anything is possible. Hopefully your little one will flip on her own too.

Has anyone started or finished the baby's nursery yet? I had a ton of energy last weekend so the nursery is done except for a few decorative things I want to put up. Now its just on to washing clothes and buying some diapers and other stuff that I still need.
I am also having a hard time with names, anyone set on a name yet? I always said if I had a boy I wouldn't name him after DH I just didn't want a jr, and DH says he doesn't mind one way or the other, but for some reason lately I just have a feeling that it is important to name him after my husband, that it will mean something to all of us. Ugh so confused :confused:

fivebabies
September 20th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I'm not 100% set on a name yet but do have a short list. I want to meet her first.

Maybe use DH's name as a middle name? That's what we did with DS1.

I need to get diapers still and pads! I almost forgot that I'll need them. I do NOT want to have to go to the store right after the baby comes and DH always gets the wrong stuff. lol.

swish
September 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi dloui, just caught your post, you might want to check out Spinning Babies Home | spinningbabies.com (http://www.spinningbabies.com) - a lot of women have been successful turning breach babies using their techniques x

dloui128
September 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hi dloui, just caught your post, you might want to check out Spinning Babies Home | spinningbabies.com (http://www.spinningbabies.com) - a lot of women have been successful turning breach babies using their techniques x

awesome, thank you

fivebabies
September 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
I tried every single one of their tricks...and then more that i found online and had no luck. I hope you have better luck!!

Yuzu
September 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Spinning babies sounds like a dance class!

I was feeling guilty about not tackling the nursery. I just can't seem to get motivated to do it (not because of GD, just because I'm in a lazy mood). As for names, I swear my DH has rejected EVERY name I've brought up. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I'm actually a little angry about it because he has no suggestions of his own. He just keeps saying, 'nope.' We had this same problem with DS3, and I ended up yelling at him to make a list or I'd beat him up.:bigsmile:

dloui128
September 21st, 2012, 09:14 PM
Spinning babies sounds like a dance class!

I was feeling guilty about not tackling the nursery. I just can't seem to get motivated to do it (not because of GD, just because I'm in a lazy mood). As for names, I swear my DH has rejected EVERY name I've brought up. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I'm actually a little angry about it because he has no suggestions of his own. He just keeps saying, 'nope.' We had this same problem with DS3, and I ended up yelling at him to make a list or I'd beat him up.:bigsmile:

I am having a hard time with names too

NeedAGirl!
September 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Ugghh... went to try on some maternity jeans today. Let's just say being in fluorescent lights with lots of mirrors and no clothes was not a confidence booster!! I feel like I gained my weight really weird after having lost so much on the LE diet - my things and butt are a mess! Hope it goes back to normal. After an initial really fast weight gain, I have been gaining about a pound per week the last month or so. I still think it is going to be too much in the end. If I use my BFP weight, I have gained 40 pounds. If I use my "normal" prepreg weight, I have gained about 23 pounds. I guess it is hard to know which weight to use!

dloui128
September 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Ugghh... went to try on some maternity jeans today. Let's just say being in fluorescent lights with lots of mirrors and no clothes was not a confidence booster!! I feel like I gained my weight really weird after having lost so much on the LE diet - my things and butt are a mess! Hope it goes back to normal. After an initial really fast weight gain, I have been gaining about a pound per week the last month or so. I still think it is going to be too much in the end. If I use my BFP weight, I have gained 40 pounds. If I use my "normal" prepreg weight, I have gained about 23 pounds. I guess it is hard to know which weight to use!

I definitely don't like to look at myself naked these days!! I have gained 34 lbs so far so I'm guessing Im going to gain at least 45 lbs

dloui128
September 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Had a dr appt today and baby is still breech, I asked about the ECV and she said they don't really like to to them and she gave me all the reasons why, they would rather schedule a c-section. She also said that there is plenty of time for him to move which I hope he does because I really don't want a c-section at all. Everything else looked fine and I am measuring two weeks ahead so I guess it means I'm gonna have a big baby again.

fivebabies
September 24th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Just curious...What reasons did they give you for not wanting to do a ECV? I am in no way trying to get you to push for one, just would love to hear since I am trying to decide still myself! lol.

I hate that m Dr's say that there's plenty of time for baby to flip but then when I hit 36 weeks with #4 they were all of a sudden so concerned and scheduled the c-section right away. I just don't get them sometimes.

Glad you have a good size healthy baby in there dloui!!

dloui128
September 24th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Just curious...What reasons did they give you for not wanting to do a ECV? I am in no way trying to get you to push for one, just would love to hear since I am trying to decide still myself! lol.

I hate that m Dr's say that there's plenty of time for baby to flip but then when I hit 36 weeks with #4 they were all of a sudden so concerned and scheduled the c-section right away. I just don't get them sometimes.

Glad you have a good size healthy baby in there dloui!!

They have been saying he has plenty of time to flip well he hasn't for a month ugh.

They said some of the risks are placenta abruption, if the cord is short it could be tricky, sometimes it puts the baby in stress and two other things I forgot now, and she also said they could successfully turn him and then days later he could flip back on his own

I guess they figure the risks aren't worth it, who knows she says we could talk more about it in a month

NeedAGirl!
September 24th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I dont know. There are a lot more risks to a c-section....

sweetsister
September 25th, 2012, 01:32 AM

I was just going to recommend this! I did this with DS2,i mostly did one position once or twice a day on a fours when i was watching tv and arched my spine like a cat,I think its called pelvic tilts.?i think it squashed him into my spine an he had to move:)its what it felt like anyways:)I would definately do this and dont give up ,make time to do them every day!!

dloui128
September 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I dont know. There are a lot more risks to a c-section....

I agree, thats why I will try anything to get this little guy to move

dloui128
September 25th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I was just going to recommend this! I did this with DS2,i mostly did one position once or twice a day on a fours when i was watching tv and arched my spine like a cat,I think its called pelvic tilts.?i think it squashed him into my spine an he had to move:)its what it felt like anyways:)I would definately do this and dont give up ,make time to do them every day!!

thanks, I will try anything

fivebabies
September 25th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I've been doing the pevlic tilts for over a month with no luck. :( I wish something would payoff for me!!!!! So frustrating!

dloui128
September 25th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I was searching the internet last night and a few other things they said to try was go to a chiropractor that is trained in the webster technique, put something really cold at the top of your belly I guess so the baby moves away from it, and then it also said to play music down by your pelvis bone. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try these things, I don't know about the chiro though maybe as a last resort I will try that

NeedAGirl!
September 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Yes, I totally logged on to tell you about the Webster technique. I saw a chiropractor during my first 2 pregnancies. My chiro was a specialist in treating pregnant women and babies and he claimed to have a near 100% success in turning babies. Most chiros are not trained in this method though. It certainly doesnt hurt to try! But in the end, you know it will be ok either way - you have both waited and planned so long for these special babies!!

fivebabies
September 25th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I tried ALL of those things as well with #4. :( Even went to the Chiro everyday, sometimes twice, for the Webster adjustments. :( I did handstands in the pool allll day long. That baby would not budge. lol.

In other news: I woke up super early this morning, dtd with DH and then went back to sleep...I had been contracting all morning and had a horrid back pain, like a non stop spasm/back labor for hours! I was soooo worried. Have been laying down for about 30 mins and it seems to be going away. I am crossing my fingers that it was baby flipping!...I won't get my hopes up ye though. lol.

NeedAGirl!
September 25th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Ooo 5, did it stop? Do you think she turned around?

pinkin2011
September 25th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Hi Girls , I just thought I would ask yous about size of babies.
I had a ultrasound yesterday and my baby boy is 2.7kgs at 34 weeks and 3 days, The lady doing the ultrasound was shocked at his size and thinks my dates may be out 5 days or so ( which could be possible)?? I am measuring bigger by 1 cm. Do any of you know how much roughly they put on a week?? She said he is just under 80th percentile and once they hit 90th percentile they start looking for reasons why... This has worried me a bit her saying that.
I am actually getting induced on the 9th of october due to a high risk preg so if he is on the bigger side that is good and if my dates were off Id be even happier because I would be more like 37 weeks and not 36 weeks and 3 days when he is born. I am just woundering if he is really that big you know? My tummy is tiny but I know that doesnt mean anything!!
I just hope he is healthy the whole perecntile thing is worrying me!

dloui128
September 25th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I had a ultrasound yesterday and my baby boy is 2.7kgs at 34 weeks and 3 days, The lady doing the ultrasound was shocked at his size and thinks my dates may be out 5 days or so ( which could be possible)?? I am measuring bigger by 1 cm. Do any of you know how much roughly they put on a week?? She said he is just under 80th percentile and once they hit 90th percentile they start looking for reasons why... This has worried me a bit her saying that.
I am actually getting induced on the 9th of october due to a high risk preg so if he is on the bigger side that is good and if my dates were off Id be even happier because I would be more like 37 weeks and not 36 weeks and 3 days when he is born. I am just woundering if he is really that big you know? My tummy is tiny but I know that doesnt mean anything!!

Everytime I have ever had a u/s they always say to me it could be off by a 1-2 lbs.

dloui128
September 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I tried ALL of those things as well with #4. :( Even went to the Chiro everyday, sometimes twice, for the Webster adjustments. :( I did handstands in the pool allll day long. That baby would not budge. lol.

In other news: I woke up super early this morning, dtd with DH and then went back to sleep...I had been contracting all morning and had a horrid back pain, like a non stop spasm/back labor for hours! I was soooo worried. Have been laying down for about 30 mins and it seems to be going away. I am crossing my fingers that it was baby flipping!...I won't get my hopes up ye though. lol.

Hopefully she turned!! If it works for you I am going to be DTD like crazy :)

NeedAGirl!
September 25th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Pinkin - yup, 3rd trimester u/s can be off by up to a kilo. (of course that is in either direction) It will be ok. October 9 is pretty soon! He can't get too much bigger!

fivebabies
September 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, it stopped finally. It took a few hours but it was really awful. I can't tell if she flipped or not. I almost don't want to say yes in case I jinx myself. lol. DD flipped at 37 weeks and I had no idea. But i am feeling more movement at the yop of my uteus when its alwways been on my pubic bone until now...so who knows!

Pinkin~ With ALL of my babies they gave me an estimate in weight based off u/s and every time they over estimated by 1+ lb. Don't worry Hun!

pinkin2011
September 26th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Thanks heaps girls!
I have been very worried about it because he is a whole pound bigger then our first was at the exact same gestation!

baabaa
September 28th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Hi ladies,
Glad to read all is going well. I am traveling along really nicely. This pregnancy has been a lot easier than with DS2. Maybe because I know this may be my last I am just trying to enjoy it.
I am looking really big now. Measuring about 4 weeks ahead, so I am having an ultrasound next week to check his size. I am not too concerned about it, I measured big with both the other boys and they were born at 7lb 1oz and 6lb 8oz, so not exactly big. Apparently my womb just holds lots of fluid! Lovely.
This bub is nicely head down, bub wit DS2 he didn't turn until 34 weeks, so you ladies still have time on your hands. I did those pelvic tilt exercises and they worked for me last time. I am glad I don't have to do them again though!
I am still struggling with names too. I just haven't found a name I am really in love with. I have a short list, but hoping a name just pops out and hits me really soon!
I started the nursery too. It's not finished but is coming along nicely. I am really getting excited to meet this little man. The boys are super excited about having a brother, although my oldest keeps telling me he wants me to have a girl baby next time. It is in my head a little bit, trying to decide if I would go HT for a girl. I am definitely not going to conceive any more children naturally. I know it sounds awful but I don't want any more sons after this one. I don't have any lingering disappointment that this is a boy, I jus know I don't want another one if that makes sense. I figure I will just see how I feel in a few months to a year and go from there. I don't want to wish this baby away, this time is so precious.
Anyways, a long post (sorry!) but I haven't been on here much so figured I would update you all on what's been going on. Glad you are all doing well. Xx

NeedAGirl!
September 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Good to hear from you Baabaa! I am wondering how our twin mamas are doing? Pearl? Amari?

Thursday night I had a wicked case of B-Hs. I get them pretty often so they dont really worry me although overall they are stronger and longer this pregnancy. But on Thurs night, we were driving out of town (of course) and I started to get them literally every 3 minutes exactly. I could time them perfectly! They went on for about an hour but they weren't really painful. Started to freak me out a bit but then they slowed, to about every 10 minutes then every 15 and then stopped when we got to where we were going and I could lie down and rest. I don't know if it was the position in the car and my pants were a little tight or whatever but it was kinda freaky. Things have been calm since so dont know what that was about! Just have to stay pregnant for 5 more weeks to have a home birth!

dloui128
September 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Glad everything is going good baabaa :)

NeedAGirl I hate B-H's they freak me out, you sound like you had a really bad case of them, I'm glad they stopped for you. Do you normally go early with your babies?

NeedAGirl!
September 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
dloui - my first babe, I had a TON of B-H ctx that started around 20 weeks and I was sure I was going to have a preemie. But then of course, at 37 weeks I was like "bring em on!" and they stopped! I went into actual labor on my due date. With DS 2, I swear I started having B-H at 12 weeks and had quite a few all along but he was 8 days late!! However, I never had them really regular like they were the other night. Weird. I am hoping this gal comes a week or two early but who knows!

dloui128
September 29th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I started having them at 12 weeks this time, I only ever had them the last month I was pregnant with the girls and they were two days late

I can't wait to get to the 30 week mark

fivebabies
September 30th, 2012, 12:43 PM
PLEASE don't tell me that lots/early B/H are a sign of going overdue!!!! lol. I have been having them since 14 weeks with this one. If baby doesn't flip she'll be born a week early via c-section anyways but man, that would just be my luck if she flipped and I went overdue!!! ARG.

How is everyone feeling? I'm having alot of cramping so I am laying low at home today instead of goingto church. Need to hydrate more.

dloui128
September 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
PLEASE don't tell me that lots/early B/H are a sign of going overdue!!!! lol. I have been having them since 14 weeks with this one. If baby doesn't flip she'll be born a week early via c-section anyways but man, that would just be my luck if she flipped and I went overdue!!! ARG.

How is everyone feeling? I'm having alot of cramping so I am laying low at home today instead of goingto church. Need to hydrate more.

it better not be a sign of going overdue, I don't think I can handle going overdue. I have had a bad cold for a week now, it seems to be letting up some now but everyone who has had it says it lasted a month, ugh I was taking mucinex but it really didn't do anything. Hopefully you just need to drink lots of water and rest and the cramping will go away.

NeedAGirl!
September 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM
It doesnt mean you will go overdue, it just doesn't mean you can count on an early delivery either!!

mummypink
October 1st, 2012, 02:51 AM

I had this with ds2, they scared the heck out of me telling me he was going to be big! He was born 10 days early and weighed just 7lbs so I can't see even if I had gone full term he would have been more than 8lbs 5oz or something. I decided that it was better to try and forget what the tech had said as the only point I would know his weight was after the birth. He was a super easy delivery too, no pain relief, a short labour, no stitches and I felt fab afterwards. A friend of mine was told her baby was an average weight and she was 9lbs 10oz when she was born! So try not to worry, they don't seem to be very accurate from what I have heard. xx

NeedAGirl!
October 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
You know 5, this is gross and TMI but I have been seriously gassy this pregnancy. I have also started to notice that when I was more gassy, I had a lot more B-H ctx. I also now notice that if I take a gas medicine like GasX, not only do my gas pains go away but the B-H go away too. (temporarily, of course)

fivebabies
October 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Interesting! Good to know. :)

dloui128
October 4th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Had to go to the dr's today because I have had this stupid cold for 2 weeks now, turns out its bronchitis so now I have to take a z pack and an inhaler. Has anyone had to take antibiotics while they were pregnant? It makes me so nervous.

On a positive note the baby flipped and is not breech anymore, but I'm sure he could still flip back, I just hope he stays put

NeedAGirl!
October 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM
So glad baby is cooperating! Hurray! As for the bronchitis - I did have to take antibiotics back in July when I had that horrible flu and sinus infection. I was even more worried then as I was only about 17 weeks pregnant. Baby was just fine. I did get a roaring YI so that was the worst part.

I am going for a 3D ultrasound in about a half hour. I cant believe I am doing that! After 2 pregnancies with ZERO ultrasounds, this will be my 5th with this baby! (and hopefully my last) I had a coupon and figured, oh well, this is my last baby and my DD I have been waiting so long for!! I will post pics. I am hoping her head isnt too low and we can see her face. I was told to wait until after 30 weeks due to my anterior placenta. Hope I didnt wait too long.

dloui128
October 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
How exciting, can't wait to see pics!!

fivebabies
October 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Those are so fun, NeedAGirl! You're going to love it. :)

Yay for baby going head down dloui!!! That's fantastic! I hope you feel better soon though. I hate being sick while pregnant. :(

So I just got a call this morning that I FAILED my freaking glucose test! I have never done that before. Grrrrr. Have to go in for the 3 hour on Monday...I better pass that one. Already switching to a low carb diet to try and help my #s out. Put me in a bad mood though. :(

sweetsister
October 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Oh ,so exciting!Needagirl...I just had my 4d ultrasound today ,for the first time , the baby cooperated,ive never had one before because my other pregnancies they never faced the right way so i missed out.It was so neat,kind of strange seeing kind of what they look like already,im so used to seeing the casper the ghost 2d ones:)...
We should start a before and after birth 4d thread to see if they actually look the same as the 4d ones:)

Dloui ,i had to go on antibiotics with my first pregnancy,no need to worry, mine they gave me a mild one and did the job,no bad affects:)

sweetsister
October 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Any advice on moving house at 28 weeks pregnant? Im moving next week with 2 kids ,just me and my husband and one other for help:( i must be really be losing my mind.....cant wait till next week is over!!

NeedAGirl!
October 5th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hey Five - you actually should not go on a low carb diet - that will actually make you more likely to fail the 3 hour. In fact, a lot of labs recommend "carb loading" for 3 days prior to the test.

So the 3D was pretty cool. She is already pretty squished down there and had her face pressed into my uterus so she had a hard time getting really good pics but we got a couple cute ones. I went to the same place that I had my 16wk gender scan and when I pulled into the parking lot, I got this weird anxious feeling. I am not sure if I was recalling what a mess I was back then when I had it done or if I was nervous she might actually not be a she! They gave me a great crotch shot hee hee so she is definitely a girl!! Made me think I have really come a very long way emotionally since then.

Smiling, so cute!

She kept kicking herself in the face LOL!

Sweet face

Definitely a girl!

coocoobananas
October 5th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Very very cute Hope:)

Oops I said hope... Must have just been on thread for her!!
Preggo brain!!
Very very cute Needagirl;)

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Need A Girl, you were on my mind the other day! I'm so glad to see that you and baby girl are doing fine! She is a beauty! :)

dloui128
October 6th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Five that sucks about your test hopefully the three hour one goes ok.
Sweetsister my advice is make sure you don't do too much let the men do the work.
Love the pictures NeedAGirl, she is so cute I would love another 4D scan

amari
October 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Needs girl-so cute! It's a baby !

Myloves
October 8th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Amari, did you find out the gender of your twins? Or are you having a surpise birth?

Myloves
October 8th, 2012, 12:40 AM
NeedAGirl, you're dd is already such a cute baby :o

sweetsister
October 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Aww Needagirl such sweet pics,love that smiling one:)
Mine looks alot like my DH in hers(my doctor thinks so ),i dont really see it though , i dont see any resemblance really of my boys in her either?I never had the 4d of them so,they could look completely different when they are born,to me anyways..so neat though:awe:

dloui128
October 9th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Went to my dr appt today(god I feel like I am there all the time) and dr said baby is still head down which is a plus but she wants me to have a u/s at 34 weeks because she thinks he is going to be really big so if thats the case they will probably induce me before my due date. On the plus side I get to have a 4D sonogram :bigsmile:

fivebabies
October 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Yay, dloui!....I haven't been in for 4 weeks! I'm actually eager to go in this week. So fun you get an u/s. Please post pics of the cutie when you do!

dloui128
October 9th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Yay, dloui!....I haven't been in for 4 weeks! I'm actually eager to go in this week. So fun you get an u/s. Please post pics of the cutie when you do!

Thanks I will definitely post pics, I go November 5th.

Have you gotten the results of your sugar test yet?

Yuzu
October 9th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Sigh. According to my most recent blood test I am anemic which is why I've been too tired to function for the last few months. The doctor put me on iron pills and hopefully I'll feel better sometime soon. How long have we all been pregnant now? About 17 years?:p

dloui128
October 9th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Sigh. According to my most recent blood test I am anemic which is why I've been too tired to function for the last few months. The doctor put me on iron pills and hopefully I'll feel better sometime soon. How long have we all been pregnant now? About 17 years?:p

lol yes I think 17yrs is about right. I take ferralet I think its called since I am anemic also, the only complaint I have is it gives me heartburn. Hopefully the iron will make you feel better

fivebabies
October 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks I will definitely post pics, I go November 5th.

Have you gotten the results of your sugar test yet?

Not yet. Hoping on Thursday.

This part of the pregnancy is going sooooo slllooooowwwwww.

sweetsister
October 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Thats great news Dloui that hes head down still,have you decided about the epi yet?
I had my 3hr today,the one thing i dread more than giving birth 'for real' i hate sitting there 3 hrs!! She said my 2nd and 3rd jab were over average a bit so i have to wait till the last result,but im pretty sure ive failed:(
I have a 4d in my doctors office so we dont get charged extra so ill have another on Oct 30,they are becoming addictive though i cant wait for the next one either ..I dont feel at all time is dragging for me ,because this will be my last pregnancy im sad ,its going by tooo fast:( boo hoo

dloui128
October 10th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Thats great news Dloui that hes head down still,have you decided about the epi yet?
I had my 3hr today,the one thing i dread more than giving birth 'for real' i hate sitting there 3 hrs!! She said my 2nd and 3rd jab were over average a bit so i have to wait till the last result,but im pretty sure ive failed:(
I have a 4d in my doctors office so we dont get charged extra so ill have another on Oct 30,they are becoming addictive though i cant wait for the next one either ..I dont feel at all time is dragging for me ,because this will be my last pregnancy im sad ,its going by tooo fast:( boo hoo

Can't wait to see pics from your scan :)
In regards to the epi I am going to try the natural route but if I need the epi I am going to ask for it, I'm not gonna stress about it

fivebabies
October 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I just found out that I failed my 3 hr glucose test. :( I'm really sad about it. I know I couldn't have done anything to avoid it but it still sucks. I have my Dr appt tomorrow morning so I'll hear my #s then and find more out. I am already scheduled to take the gestaional diatbetes class at the hospital. :( I feel like a failure, not sure why, logically I understand it but my emotions are all over the place.

I hope you pass sweetsister!

dloui128
October 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry fivebabies, you are definitely not a failure though :hugs:

Yuzu
October 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM
You're not a failure, Fivebabies! When you don't pass the three hour test I think they'll try to control it with diet first, and then with a pill. You probably won't have to take a shot.

ladybug
October 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM
five----your not a failure!!! This is the 3rd time I have had gestational diabetes...It sucks!...They will meet with you and explain what you should be eating and will try diet control first....If the change in diet doesnt help then they will look at started meds or insulin....I'm not going to lie, the diet sucks...its very restictive....I do still cheat 1 meal a week....Dont blame yourself....you cant control the way your placenta functions in pregnancy....Chin up!

sweetsister
October 11th, 2012, 01:41 AM
I just found out that I failed my 3 hr glucose test. :( I'm really sad about it. I know I couldn't have done anything to avoid it but it still sucks. I have my Dr appt tomorrow morning so I'll hear my #s then and find more out. I am already scheduled to take the gestaional diatbetes class at the hospital. :( I feel like a failure, not sure why, logically I understand it but my emotions are all over the place.

I hope you pass sweetsister!
I was so upset my first pregnancy i failed and my second too ,i failed just barely though and had to do the blood pricks and diet.After you get over the initial beginning of it being upset,it really isnt bad at all you only have a short time left,and youll start to feel better healthy eating too:)I noticed how i felt really bad the days i ate high sugar and could see the pricks were high,so i felt better in pregnancy in general once i could eat better(i thought before it was just pregnancy making me feel that way)i guess not. Try not to be upset ,think of it as its for your babys health you are doing it,then after birth its back to normal straight away.
Im pretty certain im with you and i failed too as my first jabs werent good ,but ive already got it in my head ill be doing the diet! BTW for me when i did my pricks i tested always high when i ate pastas ,so basically for me i just cut more of that out and ate a variety of healthy foods..i didnt ever go strict of cutting all out! It really isnt much difference,just eat healthy (easier and better than the girl diet ,thats for sure):flowerz:

fivebabies
October 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks Girls. :) I have my class/counseling next week Wednesday. Hope I'll have more solid info then as my Dr didn't really have much to say today. I got my #s and I barely failed 2 of them but barely passed the other 2. I'm really depressed about it for some reason though.

When did or does your Drs start measuring your fundus?...or even feeling for it? I can't remember but it seems like by now they would have and they haven't once. I feel like I never want to go back, seems like a waste of time...I know I have to change the eating but the Diabetes center will monitor all of that. I dunno. Just feeling crappy today.

How is everyone else feeling?

dloui128
October 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks Girls. :) I have my class/counseling next week Wednesday. Hope I'll have more solid info then as my Dr didn't really have much to say today. I got my #s and I barely failed 2 of them but barely passed the other 2. I'm really depressed about it for some reason though.

When did or does your Drs start measuring your fundus?...or even feeling for it? I can't remember but it seems like by now they would have and they haven't once. I feel like I never want to go back, seems like a waste of time...I know I have to change the eating but the Diabetes center will monitor all of that. I dunno. Just feeling crappy today.

How is everyone else feeling?

I am sorry you are feeling down, it doesn't help with all these hormones we got going on either. Just think in a few more weeks you will see your baby girl and everything you are doing now will have all been worth it :)

My Dr has been measuring me for a while now, I want to say since I have been 16 weeks

NeedAGirl!
October 11th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Hey FIve - don't beat yourself up! You are almost done - it's the home stretch! After being on the girl diet, you can do anything!! Just keep your eyes on the prize - that sweet baby girl!!

My midwife measures me every visit. That being said, I dont think those measurements are always so accurate. I was measuring fine, then started to measure several weeks ahead and now fine again so who knows. I think the position of the baby, etc can affect it.

We have had a stressful week. When DS1 got home from school Tuesday, I noticed him scratching his head. You can guess what comes next... ewwwww!! This is a first (and hopefully last!!) for us. So gross and surprisingly really stressful. We did the treatment that night on everyone in the house and I have been combing and combing and combing everyone. Last night, seemed like everything was gone and then this morning, combed DS1's head and got a bunch of creepy crawlies. Shudder!:worry: Needless to say, they missed the bus - we shaved both of their heads!! Seems like we are on top of it now. Everyone but DS1 got a clean sweep tonight. Pray this is the end of the heebie jeebies for us!!

fivebabies
October 11th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Oh man, so sorry to hear about the critters NeedAGirl! Hopefully they're long gone!!!

dloui128
October 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
NeedAGirl, sorry to hear about your boys but the up side is at least you were able to shave their heads :)

NeedAGirl!
October 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I know, I kept thinking (for ONCE in my life!) thank God I dont have a girl with long hair! Seems like they are gone but I am trying to be vigilant!

sweetsister
October 13th, 2012, 01:02 AM
My boys got them last year,horrible!!I remember thinking the same how bad it would be if you had a girl combing all that hair!! Dont forget the toys or stuffed animals,in bags,or dryer and bed linen,I also vacumed my kids,and blowdried their hair:) ,we have the allergy type vacum so nothing can escape!I swear that helped too!I also use still teatree shampoo to keep them away.This time of year is the worst for them .:HH:

NeedAGirl!
October 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Sweer sister, how long did it take to get rid of them? The treatment we used said to retreat if you see live lice 7 days after treatment. With all the combing we have been doing ( 2x daily), I was superposed to find 2 stupid babies this morning. I haven't found a nit out adult in 2 days. It had been 4 days since the initial treatment. Grrr..

Gentle
October 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone!

The first time we went to check out a nursery for ds1, he came out with a nit. I think I got it in time to avoid any egg laying because I combed the poor child's hair thoroughly for several days before accepting we'd escaped. I was pretty peeved, because I taught primary age kids for 10 years and have never, ever caught nits, even from clingy girls , and despite hardly ever tying my hair back. Oooh - maybe I have some kind of natural immunity. Or maybe we are just a grubby lot :S

Fundal height is an odd thing really. My bump is huge, to the extent that I'm wondering if I'll be able to walk after 2+ more months of growing. The midwife first measured it at the 28 wk appt and said, "Oooh, you're measuring large!" No kidding lady! On the graph, I hit just over the 75th %ile. We went for a growth scan the same day (not everyone gets them here, just older, plumper gestaters, or people with previous problems) and baby is measuring a little under the 50th %ile. However the placenta is big and there's a lot of fluid around the baby, which accounts for my immense size. If we hadn't had the scan, I would have been anticipating delivering a huge baby. The midwife explained that they are more concerned with the pattern of growth, whether from the fundal height measurement or scans. But I still don't get it. My bump changes shape significantly depending on whether baby is up high or down low.

NeedAGirl!
October 16th, 2012, 09:25 AM
So I think the war has been won over the nasty critters. No sign of them in several days... whew!

Is everyone feeling well? I am doing pretty good. I dont have another midwife appt for a week. I am little bit worried that this baby might have flipped. I didnt have any breech issues with my other two but about a week ago, I was sitting on the couch and I had this huge, painful stretching sensation like she was stretching me to her limit! Then there was a big shifting sensation and it stopped. Since then, I have been feeling a lot of fluttery movements down way low again by my cervix and a lot less pressure. During that 3D I had, her head was def down and she kept kicking herself in the face! So maybe I am just feeling fingers and occasional toes down there. Guess we'll see.

How is everyone doing on names? People keep asking me and while I think I know the name and I have not been thinking about other names, for some reason, I dont want to tell anyone. I keep saying we havent picked yet! Guess I don't want to hear any comments. I'll tell you guys though.. Lynnea Marie... (pronounced Lynn-A-ah)

dloui128
October 16th, 2012, 10:20 AM
So I think the war has been won over the nasty critters. No sign of them in several days... whew!

Is everyone feeling well? I am doing pretty good. I dont have another midwife appt for a week. I am little bit worried that this baby might have flipped. I didnt have any breech issues with my other two but about a week ago, I was sitting on the couch and I had this huge, painful stretching sensation like she was stretching me to her limit! Then there was a big shifting sensation and it stopped. Since then, I have been feeling a lot of fluttery movements down way low again by my cervix and a lot less pressure. During that 3D I had, her head was def down and she kept kicking herself in the face! So maybe I am just feeling fingers and occasional toes down there. Guess we'll see.

How is everyone doing on names? People keep asking me and while I think I know the name and I have not been thinking about other names, for some reason, I dont want to tell anyone. I keep saying we havent picked yet! Guess I don't want to hear any comments. I'll tell you guys though.. Lynnea Marie... (pronounced Lynn-A-ah)

Thank goodness the critters are gone!!!

My bronchitis is finally gone, but I think I pulled a rib muscle or something from all the coughing because my rib on the left side is super sore :( Hopefully your little girl was just stretching and didn't flip on you. I get a u/s on 11/5 so I guess we will see if the dr was right and the baby is head down now. The dr that told me he was head down now is the owner of the practice and I have only seen her once so far and she told me that if that baby was breech not to worry she delivers breech babies! Is that even safe? I have watched it on you tube but what are the risks to baby and mother?

I agree I don't usually tell family and friends what the name is until the baby is born because people feel the need to give you their opinion, at least after the baby is born they tend not to say anything about the name. I love the name you chose but I am partial to names ending in A since both of my girls have names ending in A :)
I haven't chosen a boys name yet, I am finding it super difficult. I am debating whether to name him after DH(Michael) DH said he doesn't mind either way. I have a list of 5 names I like but I just can't decide so I am going to wait to see him and hopefully it just comes to me then.

fivebabies
October 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Oye, I sure hope the babies are both head down for you gals!!! I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable pushing out a breech baby. :( But let's just assume he'll be head down...there's still time if he isn't.

And NeedAGirl that does kinda sound like she could have flipped. That's how I feel and I sense an entirely different sense of balance when mine are head down or head up. Hopefully you'll know more soon!

I *think* that mine is head down right now. She's been flipping around still though, back and forth. But all of the major kicks and movements are at the top and only slow pressure (assuming the head) is low. So FX!

I have to go to my Gestational Diabetes class tomorrow. Really not looking forward to starting all of this. I've already changed my diet to a diabetic diet, that's not the bad part and I'm looking forward to learning more about it. I just hate the idea of checking my blood sugar 4 times a day! How am I supposed to remember with 4 kids to take care of?...we have an insane schedule right now. And the class is SPENDY! I think I have to pay out of pocket for it and I have to go in for counseling once a week after until the end so that is really going to add up...and right at Christmas time! $$$

Overall feeling ok though...you guys? The next 6 weeks are going to drag by.

As far as names: I've had one picked out that I really like but have to meet her first. I don't tell anyone anymore either. Too many opinions. My MIL is the worst offender! DH is letting me have 100% control of the name this time. I was railroaded into the last 3 by him, I feel. lol.

dloui128
October 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Oye, I sure hope the babies are both head down for you gals!!! I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable pushing out a breech baby. :( But let's just assume he'll be head down...there's still time if he isn't.

And NeedAGirl that does kinda sound like she could have flipped. That's how I feel and I sense an entirely different sense of balance when mine are head down or head up. Hopefully you'll know more soon!

I *think* that mine is head down right now. She's been flipping around still though, back and forth. But all of the major kicks and movements are at the top and only slow pressure (assuming the head) is low. So FX!

I have to go to my Gestational Diabetes class tomorrow. Really not looking forward to starting all of this. I've already changed my diet to a diabetic diet, that's not the bad part and I'm looking forward to learning more about it. I just hate the idea of checking my blood sugar 4 times a day! How am I supposed to remember with 4 kids to take care of?...we have an insane schedule right now. And the class is SPENDY! I think I have to pay out of pocket for it and I have to go in for counseling once a week after until the end so that is really going to add up...and right at Christmas time! $$$

Overall feeling ok though...you guys? The next 6 weeks are going to drag by.

As far as names: I've had one picked out that I really like but have to meet her first. I don't tell anyone anymore either. Too many opinions. My MIL is the worst offender! DH is letting me have 100% control of the name this time. I was railroaded into the last 3 by him, I feel. lol.

That sucks you have to pay out of pocket for the class, are you able to submit it to your insurance afterwards? Maybe you could ask your dr if you could skip the counseling as long as you keep your blood sugar level in check. I have 8 more weeks and I feel the time is at a stand still :sigh: I really don't know how my belly can grow 8 more weeks I am all out of room!

fivebabies
October 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I've thought about asking that dloui, we'll see.

I know what you mean! I have no room left! And hopefully the gestational diabetes won't make her bigger tha she normally would be! I bet they'll induce me early if that happens.

dloui128
October 16th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I've thought about asking that dloui, we'll see.

I know what you mean! I have no room left! And hopefully the gestational diabetes won't make her bigger tha she normally would be! I bet they'll induce me early if that happens.

I have heard people that have gestational diabetes have babies on the bigger side so get scans frequently to see how baby measures, so I'm sure if they think she is getting too big they will induce you

fivebabies
October 16th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I'm hoping that they'll want another scan and order it when I got in next week! I'd love the extra ultrasounds! lol.

baabaa
October 17th, 2012, 04:45 AM
I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and my little man is measuring really big. He was already 4lb 11oz and over 2kg. Considering I was not even quite 32 weeks when I had the scan, that is rather large. I look big (all bump) but my other babies have been on the smaller side so surprised he was so large. I see the doctor tomorrow, but think I will be induced around 16/17 November. I don't fancy pushing out a 9lb baby, so happy to bring things on early. I will hopefully find out more tomorrow. Can't believe he might be here in 4 weeks time. Just crazy!

dloui128
October 17th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and my little man is measuring really big. He was already 4lb 11oz and over 2kg. Considering I was not even quite 32 weeks when I had the scan, that is rather large. I look big (all bump) but my other babies have been on the smaller side so surprised he was so large. I see the doctor tomorrow, but think I will be induced around 16/17 November. I don't fancy pushing out a 9lb baby, so happy to bring things on early. I will hopefully find out more tomorrow. Can't believe he might be here in 4 weeks time. Just crazy!

Wow baabaa sounds like you have a big boy in there :) I go for a scan on 11/5 because they think my little man is measuring big also, hopefully that means they won't make me wait until my due date. Looks like you will probably be one of the first in our group to have your baby :)

fivebabies
October 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
How exciting baabaa! You get to see your sweet lil guy so soon!

sweetsister
October 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I have heard people that have gestational diabetes have babies on the bigger side so get scans frequently to see how baby measures, so I'm sure if they think she is getting too big they will induce you
Ive heard that too,but i have had GD both times but my babies are always normal ,for sure not big!

sweetsister
October 17th, 2012, 12:32 PM

I also havent told anyone my name choices yet either .they keep asking but my name choice i am sure no-one will like .i also just say havent chosen yet.I like your name choice :) i tend to like names not very common,yours is pretty:awe:

dloui128
October 17th, 2012, 01:40 PM
So I thought I pulled a muscle in my rib(left side) from all the coughing I was doing when I had bronchitis, but its been 2 weeks now and it is still really sore. How long does a pulled muscle normally take to feel better? Of course I had to google it and some women were saying their rib was out of place and had to go to the chiro, has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do?

fivebabies
October 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Sounds pretty normal for it to still be sore dloui, espescially when you have a growing belly that it has to compete with.

Good to know you didn't have big babies sweetsister. How big were they? I really don't want a big baby...since its my last I want that tiny baby stage! :)

And I'm the same way. I don't think anyone will like my first choice for my baby's name. I know my MIL hates the name. Paired with our last name she think it sounds like a stripper name. I don't care though. I've been waiting to use this name since baby #1!

dloui128
October 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Sounds pretty normal for it to still be sore dloui, espescially when you have a growing belly that it has to compete with.

Good to know you didn't have big babies sweetsister. How big were they? I really don't want a big baby...since its my last I want that tiny baby stage! :)

And I'm the same way. I don't think anyone will like my first choice for my baby's name. I know my MIL hates the name. Paired with our last name she think it sounds like a stripper name. I don't care though. I've been waiting to use this name since baby #1!

I know, it just seems like it should be getting a little better by now, but my huge belly is probably making it worse

ladybug
October 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I had GD with my last 2 babies and my boys were normal weight...ds1 was 7lb 12 oz and Ds2 was 7lb 13oz....

I would think the pain would be normal dloui....Hope you feel better soon!

I will be scheduled for my c section soon as well....I know it will be between Nov 18 - Nov 23 but not the exact date yet....I had an OB appointment last week and baby girl is measuring around 4lbs....average baby....I'm glad...

fivebabies
October 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM
That's exciting ladybug!!! Man I wish I knew when my baby was going to be born! I like to plan.

dloui128
October 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM
How exciting ladybug!!

fivebabies
October 17th, 2012, 10:25 PM
So I went to my GD class tonight. I didn't learn a ton that I didn't already know but a few good tips. I found out that I can have a LOT more carbs than I have been but plan on keeping them low since I've been feeling better since eating low carb. Not loving pricking my finger but no way to avoid it I guess. :) So overall feeling better about it. :)

dloui128
October 18th, 2012, 09:11 AM
So I went to my GD class tonight. I didn't learn a ton that I didn't already know but a few good tips. I found out that I can have a LOT more carbs than I have been but plan on keeping them low since I've been feeling better since eating low carb. Not loving pricking my finger but no way to avoid it I guess. :) So overall feeling better about it. :)

Im glad to hear everything went good :)

sweetsister
October 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM

Mine were both 7 pounders ,so quite average,and im 5'7 & a1/2 so i could have big ones:) I feel much bigger this time though:(
And my baby girl name choice also sounds like a stripper LOL i love it though!...i wonder do we have the same ones picked:) im kinda scared to see the reaction of my inlaws when i tell them,so i am postponing it until birth,when i might not care!!

baabaa
October 19th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Well my little man will be here by 17th of November! So excited. I am being induced with the gel on the 16th (in the late arvo) and if labour doesn't start they will break my waters on the 17th. My other have been 3 hr labors, so not expecting a long one. He will be here in 4 weeks ... Yippee!

Happy to kick off the baby run, and everyone's special little peeps are just around the corner.

fivebabies
October 20th, 2012, 12:51 AM
So fun baabaa! Tell me again why they are inducing you so early?.....

dloui128
October 20th, 2012, 09:35 AM
so exciting baabaa, can't wait to see pictures of your litle guy :)

NeedAGirl!
October 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Wow! So exciting all these early babies. I really would not wasn't to be induced unless absolutely necessary but I am anxious to meet my daughter so I can be a little jealous! Probably all you ladies due after me will delivery before me!

fivebabies
October 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I know what you mean! I've never gone over, in fact 3 of my 4 were 1-2 weeks early so I have assumed that this one would be the same. Just watch, I'll go over by 2 weeks! lol....ok, that's not funny. At all.

dloui128
October 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I would love to go early, I highly doubt thats going to happen since I was 2 days late each time with the girls

baabaa
October 22nd, 2012, 10:44 PM
Hey fivebabies, I am being enduced early as the baby is measuring really big (ie. In the 95th percentile for head size, weight etc). If he grows too big there is an increased risk of him getting stuck etc and needing a c-section. I don't want to take that chance, and just want to deliver him naturally (and don't want to be pushing out a massive bub).

dloui128
October 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hey fivebabies, I am being enduced early as the baby is measuring really big (ie. In the 95th percentile for head size, weight etc). If he grows too big there is an increased risk of him getting stuck etc and needing a c-section. I don't want to take that chance, and just want to deliver him naturally (and don't want to be pushing out a massive bub).

I don't blame you!! my dr thinks I am having a big baby too I guess I will find out on the 5th if I am or not when they do a scan. I already told her there is no way I am pushing a 10 pounder out, she just laughed and I said i'm freakin serious!:mad:

You don't have much longer now, its so exciting I can't wait to see pictures of your little man and hear his birth story :)

fivebabies
October 23rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
I don't blame you either baabaa! That's a big baby! I wish you the absolute best delivery!!! :) Can't wait to hear about it and hopefuuly see pics!!!

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
So I have always wondered if your baby is bigger if they are exempt from the dangers of early birth? They don't consider a baby full term now until 39 weeks. But..if your baby is the size of a 3 week old when born do they not have the same risks? Like developmental delays, breathing trouble...etc.

fivebabies
October 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Nope. :(

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Yikes, well that sucks.

fivebabies
October 23rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
But there have been several ladies on this board that recently had average sized early babies, even 4 weeks early, that have been 100% fine. :)

Irishmom
October 24th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Hi ladies!:) it's been a while since I've been on. I just thought I would pop on and say hi and I hope you are all well.
I've been on bed rest the past few weeks with hip problems and now baby is engaged and making things a lot harder arrrghhh!!! Ive been having contractions the last week and leaking waters so hopefully all will be ok.

The end is near though so I'm staying positive.
He is measuring a good 2 weeks ahead so hopefully he will make his appearance before his due date, but not too early. :)

Take care ladies I will pop in and out more often. X

NeedAGirl!
October 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM
So tonight dh took the rest of the baby stuff out off the attic. With it came a large bin I totally forgot about filled with maternity clothes, nursing bras, etc. but what was most exciting? There is about 10 pairs of barely worn, large, cotton granny panties! I have never been so happy to see old lady underwear in my life!! At this point, comfort is key! Can't wait to get them out of the wash! LOl!

fivebabies
October 26th, 2012, 12:05 PM
granny panties..lol. Love it.

Well, I had a Dr appt yesterday. They were thrilled with my blood glucose #s. Yay me. Just said to keep it up. I finally graduated to weekly appts. Makes it seem so close and so real. I have an ultrasound next time to get a size estimate on the baby, we'll see if she's breech or not and they might start checking my cervix...said they do that at 36 weeks which seems a bit early to me but whatever.

They also said that if I went into labor they wouldn't do anything to stop it! That freaks me out!!!!

dloui128
October 26th, 2012, 01:01 PM
granny panties..lol. Love it.

Well, I had a Dr appt yesterday. They were thrilled with my blood glucose #s. Yay me. Just said to keep it up. I finally graduated to weekly appts. Makes it seem so close and so real. I have an ultrasound next time to get a size estimate on the baby, we'll see if she's breech or not and they might start checking my cervix...said they do that at 36 weeks which seems a bit early to me but whatever.

They also said that if I went into labor they wouldn't do anything to stop it! That freaks me out!!!!

Thats great about your glucose levels :) My dr's office starts doing cervix checks at 36 weeks also.

fivebabies
October 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ok, I've gotten downright grumpy! Anyone else? Everything is making mad or sad or a combination of the 2. DH and I got into a fight (he started it) last night....we NEVER fight. I can say that honestly. But he had no right to start what he did (stress at work right now) and it ended up making me feel awful and it has just spiraled from there. The upstairs is a mess right now and that doesn't help. But I am telling you, these hormones have GOT to settle down!!!

I'm not emotionally ready for the baby to come yet but I will be glad to start to feel normal.

How is everyone else?...Hope better than me. lol.

dloui128
October 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Ok, I've gotten downright grumpy! Anyone else? Everything is making mad or sad or a combination of the 2. DH and I got into a fight (he started it) last night....we NEVER fight. I can say that honestly. But he had no right to start what he did (stress at work right now) and it ended up making me feel awful and it has just spiraled from there. The upstairs is a mess right now and that doesn't help. But I am telling you, these hormones have GOT to settle down!!!

I'm not emotionally ready for the baby to come yet but I will be glad to start to feel normal.

How is everyone else?...Hope better than me. lol.

I have been like that for a while, DH says he is counting down the days until he gets his real wife back

Yuzu
October 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hi ladies!

So we're in the final stretch now, huh? I am HUGE; it's not that I've gained a ton of weight. It's that all the weight seems to be sitting right in front making me look like a blimp. And, of course, I've got the waddle to go along with it!:rofl:

How are you all doing?

Pstar32
October 31st, 2012, 08:18 AM
Hi Girls

Sorry I haven't been here for while. Just popped in to say hi and see how everyone was doing. I am 35 weeks this week and it's dragging, dying to meet my baby girl. I'm huge, my friend just had her first baby boy two weeks ago and she's tiny, looks like she hasn't even been pregnant. I have to say that's never been me. Anyway my OB thinks I'll go two weeks early like my other two so hopefully I will. Glad to read everyone else is well :)

fivebabies
October 31st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Oh man, it sounds like so many of you are going to go early...I have always assumed that I would (based on past pregnancies) but now I'm starting to think I'll be the last one to pop. lol. Due first, deliver last.

I have an u/s on Monday to get an estimate on baby's size. Hopefully the gestational diabetes hasn't caused her to ge too big. Will most likely be my last ultrasound...ever. :( *sniff, sniff*

Anymore ultrasounds for y'all?

baabaa
November 1st, 2012, 04:06 AM
Nah no more ultrasounds for me. Now just waiting to pop! I am also feeling huge, waddling around like he is about to drop out my vagina at any second!!

My hormones have been a bit crazy too, feeling teary more often and just generally like I am not myself. Like you said Fivebabies, I am not sure I am ready for him to be born yet, but definitely ready for the pregnancy hormones to be over.

Not long now.

dloui128
November 1st, 2012, 10:23 AM
Oh man, it sounds like so many of you are going to go early...I have always assumed that I would (based on past pregnancies) but now I'm starting to think I'll be the last one to pop. lol. Due first, deliver last.

I have an u/s on Monday to get an estimate on baby's size. Hopefully the gestational diabetes hasn't caused her to ge too big. Will most likely be my last ultrasound...ever. :( *sniff, sniff*

Anymore ultrasounds for y'all?

I go on Monday as well for a u/s, my last one ever too :(

ladybug
November 1st, 2012, 10:50 AM
I had my OB appointment yesterday and ultrasound.....everything is good....I have only gained 1lb in the past 6 weeks because of the GD diet....Baby girl is measuring perfectly....she weighs 5lbs 5oz which is an average size baby which is great news when you have GD.....Also she will be arriving in 3 weeks....yay...I get the exact date next appointment...but will be between Nov 18-23....my last ultrasound ever too....I will be having a tubal when I deliver

fivebabies
November 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM
Ladybug~ I asked on the other due date buddies thread but maybe you'll see it here first: I need some new ideas for food options for the GD! I'm getting bored of the same stuff all the time. Thx!

I'll be very curious to see what size they estimate my baby at. Never having GD before. I've only gained 2 pounds exactly at this point so its hard to gauge a guess for myself. My blood glucose #s have been fantastic the whole time so I'm not overly concerned that she's gaining extra weight.

I have a bad feeling about amniotic fluid levels right now. Hopefully they'll tell me on Monday how it is. I had low fluid levels with #2.

ladybug
November 1st, 2012, 12:06 PM
Ladybug~ I asked on the other due date buddies thread but maybe you'll see it here first: I need some new ideas for food options for the GD! I'm getting bored of the same stuff all the time. Thx!

I'll be very curious to see what size they estimate my baby at. Never having GD before. I've only gained 2 pounds exactly at this point so its hard to gauge a guess for myself. My blood glucose #s have been fantastic the whole time so I'm not overly concerned that she's gaining extra weight.

I have a bad feeling about amniotic fluid levels right now. Hopefully they'll tell me on Monday how it is. I had low fluid levels with #2.

I tend to eat a piece of fruit and some nuts. Or A greek yogurt. Or Hummus with veggies. Or Whole wheat bread with peanut butter on it. String cheese with friut or nuts or whole grains....I also found some Atkins snack bars that are high in protein and low in carbs that never spike my sugars.....its kinda like a treat sometimes.....Honestly my snacks are pretty blah too and I am tired of them.....Good luck :)

ladybug
November 1st, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry 5 i thought u meant snacks...........lol......I eat a lot of chicken breast.....i use this website alot as well to get ideas....there are a lot of great meals..Recipes (http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/healthy-living-ideas/Diabetes/RecipesandMenus/DiabetesRecipes.aspx?cm_mmc=srch-_-Google-_-Recipes-_-diabetic-recipes)

fivebabies
November 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Thank you!!! there's only so much turkey bacon, egg whites etc I can take. I do a sandwich at lunch and usually turkey meatballs and green beans for dinner. I love those things but know I'll get burnt out if I'm not mixing it up. Apples and string cheese are a daily snack too.

NeedAGirl!
November 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Glad everyone is doing well. My B-H have really been picking up steam, both frequency and intensity. I have never had an early baby but I do know 3rd babies are unpredictable so who knows! She just has to hang out for one more week to be full term. Of course, then probably all these contractions will stop! I would ideally like to get past Thanksgiving but I guess we will see. Maybe she will be on time but I will just have another fast delivery.

fivebabies
November 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I updated on the other due date thread but long story short:

Baby is breech, so we'll schedule a c-section. Not totally disapointed. I like things to be planned out so I have that going for me.

Blood glucose #s have been great so I now only have to test 2x a day instead of 4. Woohoo! :)

Baby size is right at the 50%tile so she's not getting too big. Perfect. :)

NeedAGirl!
November 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
So when are you going to have the c/s? Are you going to have your tubes tied if you need a c/s anyway or are you not sure about this being your last baby. I would make DH have a V but if I was going to have a c/s for another reason, I would probably do it. Maybe she will flip back over before then!

dloui128
November 5th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm glad everything looks good with the baby Five, will they check before you have your c section though to see if she flipped?

I had my appt today, baby is around 6lbs right now so they said he will be in the 8 1/2 to 9lb range which my girls were. They also said that my amniotic fluid was high. She said average is 22 mine is 26 which isn't too high but they sent me for blood work and I have to go for another sono in 2 weeks. I am freaked out!! what does it mean?

fivebabies
November 5th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah they'll check at the hospital before they do a c/s, but I am just going to plan on having one. It'll probably right after Thanksgiving, which I really did want to get through without a new baby so it works out great. The surgery scheduler will be calling me soon to set the date. It will be after 39 weeks though.

This is for sure our last baby, but the hospital that I am delivering at is a Catholic Hospital so I guess they don't allow sterilization to be done there...but it's the most convienent one for us. DH will just have to get snipped. Which he doesn't mind.

Dloui~ What a cutie!!!

Yuzu
November 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Have I missed an update by Amari?

NeedAGirl!
November 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
How is everyone doing? Are our twin moms still hanging in there? I am still working and feeling pretty darn good! Can't believe I will have a daughter in maybe 2 weeks!!

ladybug
November 15th, 2012, 10:59 PM
So ladies my baby girl Makalee arrived Nov 14 via c section at 804am.
We are both doing great and looks like we will be leaving the hospital tomorrow :)

I will write a quick blurb but I'm in my phone. I started having contractions on the 13 and they
Progressively got worst. Once there were 5 min apart I got hubby up and we headed to emerg. I was sceduled for my section on nov 26. I was only 36 w 4 d. Once I got the hospital they monitored me nd I was indeed in active labor and needed to be delivered immediately. I was rushed for an emerg section. It's a good thing it was quick because my uterus ruptured. It was scary for a bit but both myself and baby girl are doing great. No nicu for her. She weighed 7lbs 4 oz and I love her more than words can say :). I will post more and a pic once I get home

fivebabies
November 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Awe, congrats ladybug!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!!

NeedAGirl!
November 16th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Wow! Congrats! So great! Glad she is did well, that does sound scary though but thank God they got her out safe and sound! Her weight was really good too!!

I HATE stupid pregnancy anxieties! Most of the time I feel great and then BAM, something freaks me out and I am a mess. DS2 got a cold sore about 3 weeks ago - I dont think he has had one before. I freaked then and ended up getting blood tests and tested negative. Now DS1 has a weird pimple like spot on his mouth and this strange red area between his lip and nose that started yesterday. I dont have anything unusual but I am terrified they are going to give it to the baby, especially since I dont have antibodies to giver her... ugh..

fivebabies
November 16th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Ugh, I know the feeling NeedAGirl. :( I freak about everything these days. So ready for this to be over.

Seems like everyone is having or have had their baby but me. There are a ton of women that I know at church that are due well after me that have already had theirs. It's starting to depress me.

dloui128
November 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Congrats ladybug:)

pearl
November 18th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Hi ladies, I would like to share my big news, I had my twin girls on November 16 :babyf::babyf: two weeks early (35.5 weeks) via csection. I am so happy and blessed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Babies are fine, but tiny almost 5 pound each and 17.5 in height. Congrats to everybody who had their babies already and wishing easy deliveries for the rest of us :giggle:

dloui128
November 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Huge congrats Pearl :)

baabaa
November 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Congrats pearl, wonderful news.

My precious little prince has also entered the world. Ethan was born yesterday and is totally gorgeous! Although being a pain tonight, hence why I am posting this at 1am! I am feeling great, it was a quick (2.5hr) all natural labour and loving him to bits. I will post a pic when we are back home.

Good luck to all you ladies still waiting for your precious bundles xx

dloui128
November 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Congrats pearl, wonderful news.

My precious little prince has also entered the world. Ethan was born yesterday and is totally gorgeous! Although being a pain tonight, hence why I am posting this at 1am! I am feeling great, it was a quick (2.5hr) all natural labour and loving him to bits. I will post a pic when we are back home.

Good luck to all you ladies still waiting for your precious bundles xx

Oh wow congrats! Can't wait to see pics :)

amari
November 18th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Wow! Congratulations, Pearl, Baabaa, and ladybug!!! xoxo

I am still prego, feeling ready to deliver though! I will let you all know!

Myloves
November 18th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Congrats Baabaa and Pearl!

I hope you get your girls Amari! FX!!

NeedAGirl!
November 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Welcome to all the new babies!! Wow!! Can't wait to see pictures of all the little lovies!

NeedAGirl!
November 21st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hmm... think I am starting to lose my mucus plug! (although with DS2, it seemed to regenerate itself since I seemed to be losing it for weeks...)

dloui128
November 22nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Hmm... think I am starting to lose my mucus plug! (although with DS2, it seemed to regenerate itself since I seemed to be losing it for weeks...)

Hopefully it means things are starting :)

lisvna
November 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
I lost mine with 32 weeks and with 34 weeks again. Now I'm 35 weeks and still waiting hihihihi. I have also Brackton Hicks contractions :s

NeedAGirl!
November 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Not sure.. I have never had an early baby so assuming it will be a while but actually had some bloody show today so who knows??

amari
November 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hi, all! I had the twins at 10:58 and 11:08 pm Monday night! My water broke at home and 1 1/2 hours later my son was born vaginally. The crashed me out b/c couldn't find baby b's heart rate and then my daughter was born via c-section. One boy and one girl! They sliced my bladder on the way in so im dealing with a lot now. Babies came home but had to ho back in. Talk soon!

Violet_
November 23rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Congrats on the birth of your twins. Yay for healthy babies. Hope you heal soon.

sweetpea
November 23rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Ahhhh! Oh my goodness, congrats Amari! I'm so sorry to be hijacking this thread, as I don't even belong here, but I've been stalking you here and there to see when you'll have your babies! One boy and one girl! How awesome! I am so very happy for you! :) Glad to hear that your babies were born safe and sound and that you're doing pretty well. Sorry to hear about them slicing your bladder, how scary! I pray you and your new little bundles can rest up and heal well. Can't wait to hear a more detailed birth story and maybe see some pics! Take care and enjoy your little babes!!!! :)

NeedAGirl!
November 23rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Oh Amari! I was just going to ask if you were planning on a vaginal delivery. So happy for you!! Sorry you ended up with the c/s and worse, the bladder injury. I will be praying for a quick recovery!

Myloves
November 24th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Amari!! CONGRATS on your lovely twins! (And you got your little girl after all) :o
I hope you get well soon! :( Ouch, ripped bladder, poor mama.

mariposa
November 24th, 2012, 04:16 AM
congrats on your twins!!!! enjoy them, and wish you a quick recovery!!:flowerz:

Ribbons
November 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Congrats amari!!!

dloui128
November 24th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Congrats Amari!! Wishing you a quick recovery

Butterfly Spirit
November 24th, 2012, 10:39 AM
:cheer: HUGE Congrats on the twins Amari!!! :bluecheer:
I thought that at least one was a girl!

I also wish you speedy recovery and I can't wait to see pics of your little loves!!!

Yuzu
November 24th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Congrats on the twins Amari!:bighug:

ladybug
November 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Congrats Amari on your twins.....I hope you recover quickly :)

coocoobananas
November 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Yah! I was worried you would have 2 boys! I'm do glad you got one of each and the suspense of seeing the boy first and then being knocked out before hearing girl lol!! So happy for you:)

baabaa
November 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Wonderful news Amari! Huge congrats xx

NeedAGirl!
November 26th, 2012, 09:23 AM
how are you feeling 5? all of a sudden I feel nada.. last week I could have sworn I was going to go into labor and now nothing.. I will find it quite ironic if the first 2 people due in December deliver last!! overall I still feel good so I guess I can wait.. I have tended to have pretty low blood pressure this whole pregnancy but my last midwife visit last week it was quite a bit higher. still normal though and it's been higher with my other pregnancies. I have definitely had more headaches this week & my favorite bracelet want go on my wrist. I see her again tomorrow so curious to see what it is..

amari
November 27th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hope all is well for those in waiting and those with new babies!

Anyone know how to post an update on your sway? Thanks!

sweetsister
November 28th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Congrats Pearl:LotsofLove:~Babaa:LotsofLove:~Ladybug:Lotsof Love: and Amari:LotsofLove:
Ive been moving house and missed a lot!!
Hope everyone else is doing well:) My babe is on the smaller side this time ,so im just hoping it is due to being a girl:) Im hating being on the GD diet about now and im going to eat a whole box of the best chocolates day she is born ~SERIOUSLY~

dloui128
November 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hope all is well for those in waiting and those with new babies!

Anyone know how to post an update on your sway? Thanks!

You go to your original thread, edit post, and then go advanced and you should be able to change the title there. If you are just changing something in your post then you would just click edit post

NeedAGirl!
November 30th, 2012, 12:42 PM
our sweet Lynnea Marie arrived yesterday afternoon. I did acupressure yesterday morning and went into labor about 3 hours later. she was speedy like her brothers, my labor was less than 2 hours. she was born via home waterbirth and it was wonderful. 7lbs 7oz. we are so blessed to have her! thanks for everything ladies!

fivebabies
November 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Congrats NeedAGirl!

I had our baby girl via c-section, as scheduled, on Tuesday Nov 27th. She was 7lbs 7oz , 20 in long and perfect as can be. My 4 other kids are totally smitten and we are so in love with her!

Hope everyone else is feeling good! GL!

Wishing4Princess
November 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Congrats to you both! how exciting:)

dloui128
November 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Wow congratulations 5 and NeedAGirl!!

sweetpea
November 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Congratulations, ladies!!! SO happy for you both!!! :bigsmile:

amari
November 30th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Congrats 5 and need a girl! Enjoy your babies!

pebmcpd7
November 30th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Congrats 5 and need a girl! Enjoy your babies!

Hi Amari, not long now!!
GL with the birth!! XXX

NewYorkmom
December 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Congrats to all on their arrivals.

My baby girl, Juliet Veronica arrived November 29th at 4:14 AM. She was 8lbs. 6oz and 21inches long. I had a fast delivery and all is well.

Butterfly Spirit
December 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM

My baby girl, Juliet Veronica arrived November 29th at 4:14 AM. She was 8lbs. 6oz and 21inches long. I had a fast delivery and all is well.

Were her big brothers happy to welcome her!? :) I can't remember how many kids you have now!
I'm so glad that she arrived safe and sound!

dloui128
December 1st, 2012, 12:14 PM

Congrats on your little girl!

KraizyDaizy
December 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to tell you all congrats on your special deliveries! I am so jealous!! God bless you all!

NeedAGirl!
December 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Having a girl is so much fun!! How is everyone doing?

amari
December 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Aah, can't wait to dress my little girl up like that! She is too little still!

ladybug
December 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
How is everyone doing?

We are busy with the upcoming holidays, but I have to say the trasition to 3 kids was totally easy....The boys are great with Makalee and she is a mellow baby so far :).....I also have to agree about dressing a girl...it is soooooo fun :)

Hobbermittens
December 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I had our baby girl via c-section, as scheduled, on Tuesday Nov 27th. She was 7lbs 7oz , 20 in long and perfect as can be. My 4 other kids are totally smitten and we are so in love with her!

Hope everyone else is feeling good! GL!

Congrats fivebabies! I was thinking about you--must have missed your big announcement! Hope you, the baby and your family are all doing well!

NewYorkmom
December 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Butterfly- This is number 4 for me. I have a 6 year old boy, 4 year old girl and, 20 month old boy. My two older children are great with her. My little boy is rough so we try to keep him away from her. I really hate that it is cold and flu season now. I've never had a winter baby and am so scared she is going to sick.

NeedAGirl!
December 11th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I hear ya NYMom. My mom and sister flew across the country to help us for a week. Within 2 days, my sis started getting really sick with a respiratory infection and by the end of the week my mom was sick too. They felt so bad but not like they could help it. Now DS2 is super sick as well. I am just hoping all the nursing this little miss is doing will keep her healthy!

fivebabies
December 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah, not loving all the cold and flu bugs out there! I'm not letting anyone in to see her or leaving the house until March!! .....Not even kidding.

Gentle
December 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Welcome to the world Anusha Lily. Born 12.12.12, 9.32pm, 7lb 14oz. She's beautiful, obviously. Thanks to God for a safe though dramatic arrival!

dloui128
December 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the world Anusha Lily. Born 12.12.12, 9.32pm, 7lb 14oz. She's beautiful, obviously. Thanks to God for a safe though dramatic arrival!

Congratulations!! Such an awesome birth date

fivebabies
December 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Congrats Gentle!!!!

So many babies making their debut lately!

Dloui~ Any action?? You didn't have your baby and I missed it did you?

Who else is still waiting to have their sweet babies? :)

dloui128
December 13th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Congrats Gentle!!!!

So many babies making their debut lately!

Dloui~ Any action?? You didn't have your baby and I missed it did you?

Who else is still waiting to have their sweet babies? :)

Nope I'm still waiting on the little stinker to come out already

sweetsister
December 14th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Congrats to all ! Dloui i checked in today because i thought for sure you had yours too:) been thinking of you..
I had my doctors appointment yestarday which she checked my cervix(i hate that appt) and i was only 1cm same as my boys...i was telling her how ive had no contractions just baby turning alot..and what do u know last night i got some serious ones all night,i thought it was it,but i guess im just getting ready!!Im thinking ill be day after xmas like my DH birthday? Any how im not ready this pregnancy has gone too fast ..last one so i really want to hang on:( boo hoo

Pstar32
December 15th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry I haven't been checking in regularly life has been busy! Huge congrats to everyone on your new arrivals I was going through them and it's so lovely to hear of a healthy baby or two :) congrats Pearl, Baabaa, ladybug, and Amari (delighted you got your girl and a gorgeous boy lucky you). Also big congrats to Needagirl, New York Mom, and Gentle ( fantastic birth date).
My DD arrived on Dec 5th, she's perfect and I'm over the moon! Cold, flu and vomiting bugs hit our house when we brought her home but me and baby were fine!
I seriously wanted epidurals and gas and air! I ended up not making any pain relief at all! I got to 4cm myself after my waters broke and from 4-10 in about 10 mins while I walked to the delivery suite! Three pushes and Amelia Rose entered the world! I had no stitches or anything! Her brothers love her and I couldn't be happier. Thanking God for my three blessings!!

Pstar32
December 15th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Needagirl your baby girl is absolutely beautiful xx

dloui128
December 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Congrats on your little girl Pstar

nestof3
December 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Congrats everyone!!!! I didn't post too often, but my baby girl is here!
Having lots of fun putting bows on her head... LOL. Still too little to really "dress up" but I have a closet stuffed full of Gymboree & Janie and Jack waiting for her :)
It doesn't feel real that I have a daughter. I think all the time - how am I this lucky?

dloui128
December 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Congrats Nestof3

fivebabies
December 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Congrats Nestof3!

dloui~ Anything?? :(

dloui128
December 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Congrats Nestof3!

dloui~ Anything?? :(

Nope nothing yet, I feel like I'm gonna be pregnant forever