PDA

View Full Version : emergen c sway girl??

Mrshill
March 28th, 2012, 06:09 PM
So as I Google stuff constantly about ttc a girl I found a post on IG back in 2009 about emergen c swaying girl. They said it would possibly be a good girl vitamin since it has calcium, mag, low sodium and possibly might lower Ph. just curious to see if maybe this still applies or not?

myGirl
March 28th, 2012, 07:01 PM
The IG site has a different philosophy about vitamins than most of us here on GD. An IG-style sway includes cal/mag supplements, cranberry and sometimes vit. C, D, B and zinc. Most people here on GD like to adhere to the "Low Everything" (LE) style sway, which was researched pretty extensively by Atomic Sagebrush. For LE, we eliminate vitamins/minerals from our diet, dropping the cranberry (using baby aspirin instead) and lower our calorie/fat/protein intake to make our bodies think times are hard. The research shows women who conceived girls ate lower amounts of everything (including Cal/mag) before conceiving.

The Emergen-c does not fit the LE guidelines because it has so many vitamins. They may or may not recommend it over on IG... I'm not sure.

If you are really into researching, you would love the "Dream Member" section. There is tons of information there! You have to pay $12 to join, but it is worth so much more than that!

Kiesse
March 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I signed up to the dream member section and am so pleased i did! So much info. Then i decided to go and get the personalized sway plan. I have received it today and it honestly makes things hundred times easier and so much easier to follow! Highly recommend it if you want to know what to take and when!!

girlmom
March 29th, 2012, 06:39 PM
i took alot of emergen-c cause i was fighting a head cold at the time. also sudafed and cranberry for a uti.. im having a boy!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2012, 12:23 PM
Yep, I would not suggest Emergen-C for a girl due to the high levels of nutrients. Nutrients tend to sway blue, not pink and at least one well-done study even showed that moms who conceived boys had higher intake of cal and mag as well!!

Here's the case against calcium and swaying (3 parts with links at the end of the first one to the other two. The discussion at the end, particularly the third essay is also very interesting.)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html

Coccinelle33
March 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM
I was actually part of the group of people who posted on this and decided to give it a try. I only drank it like 3 times. I got pregnant about 2 month later. I had a boy. Not that I think those 3 drinks would have really effected anything to much. Im avoiding anything with to many vitamins this time.