PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon pick-me-up?

Gus
January 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
I am trying desperately to kick this soda habit that I have. I'm not doing great, but I'm taking baby steps. :sigh: The problem is that by 3 or 4 I am just DRAGGING. Any suggestions for what I could eat/drink that will pep me up a little without resorting to soda or coffee?

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 09:15 PM
An apple and some water. Keep you hydrated, give you some sugar and a boost.

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
hang on...I'll think of some...LOL

Jojogirl
January 21st, 2011, 09:44 PM
Ok...how about you try and energy bar? Or are you trying to stay away from stuff like that. A good protein bar goes a long way!

Gus
January 22nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Are they gross, Jojo? We tried samples of some soy bar at the grocery store and I almost gagged. It tasted like ground-up soggy cardboard with strawberry flavoring.

anxiousandready
January 22nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
I like the fiber one peanut butter...ymmm

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
No they aren't gross! You are talking to a foodie here! LOL! Get Special K protein bars in double chocolate! That or a luna bar. They are special for women. Lots of good calcium :) There are atkins bars too. They aren't bad. I used to like the zone bars too. Dang...there are a lot of bars out there. I have to think more about this!

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
Oh...and don't get strawberry flavored anything. YUCK! Go for the chocolate. Always...LOL!

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 05:14 PM
There are some really tasty energy bars!

Are you opposed to green tea? It does have some caf. but it's nowhere near the amount in coffee and it's good for you too.

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
They also have those gel squirters....but that's just weird. Dh likes to get those from time to time. GNC will have some good energy stuff and the sales people will know which ones taste like crap. They might even let you sample??

CocoChanel
January 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
:whip: Cheetos. :whip:

Gus
January 23rd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cheetos are always good! ;)

Your smileys cracked me up, Coco, because at first I thought it was spermies trying to break into a hostile egg, and I was wondering WTH that had to do with cheetos. LOL!!

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
LOL Gus I thought the EXACT same thing!!!!!

pinksapphire
January 23rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Any protein with a caffeine-free drink. When I come home from work and am dragging, I eat some edamame beans with ginger sauce and drink water. I've been actually surprised at how much it works for me!