PDA

View Full Version : My SUCCESSFUL girl sway!

sfb04
March 29th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Name – sfb04
Gender Conceived – GIRL!!
Gender trying for - Girl
Age – 33
DH Age – 34
Older Children – 2 Boys (4 & 2)
Months trying to conceive – 2

CHARTING TEMPS – Charted for 7 months, last two months both morning and night. Also used OPK’s to help pinpoint O.

DIET – Diet changed pretty dramatically, and started around 6 weeks prior to first attempt, so in all was 10 weeks prior to conceive. Cut out all red meat, caffine, alcohol, salt (or as much as possible) pretty much all vegetables. I have always been big breakfast eater, but replaced breakfast with cup of full milk Milo with 2 Equal tabs.
Lunch was generally a bowl of rice bubbles (I ate so many bowls of rice bubbles, don’t think I’ll ever come at them again!), or toast with no salt peanut butter or strawberry jam. Dinner was usually some sort of pasta or rice dish, always low salt, or chicken and salad. Always had dessert, usually stewed apple with cinnamon and ice cream. Daily snacks consisted of apples, pears or strawberries, or full milk decaf coffee (drank at least 3 glasses of milk a day, low fat).
I drank a lot of 100% Cranberry juice (major expense) sweetened with tons of equal. I also drank a lot of diet lemonade, and chewed probably ten sticks of Extra chewing gum a day. I lost around 5 kgs over course of 10 weeks.
DH changed his slightly, no caffine and also lots of cranberry.

EXERCISE – None for me, lots (around 4-5 times a week) cycling or running for DH.

SUPPLEMENTS / MINERALS – I have a very short Luteal Phase, so was taking B6 & Vitex to lengthen. I took Saw Palmetto to O to try and reduce testosterone. Also took baby aspin, cranberry, calcium, magnesium and folate.
DH – took cranberry, calcium & magnesium

PH – My PH was always around 4.5-5, although got as high as 6.2 on day conceived
DH PH was around 7.5 -8.5

TIMING – First attempt we abstained entire cycle, and did one attempt at 0+12 using a splime. I had used a douche (lime) half hour before attempt. As this wasn’t successful, and I felt I couldn’t keep the diet up much longer, and felt that was most important part of sway, decided to lax up on the timing.
Second (and successful) attempt we abstained up until 6 days before O and had natural (with douche) attempt. DH then ejaculated every day until after O. Two days before we did a TBM with splime and douche, and then at around 0+8 we did another TMB with splime and douche, and at around 0+18 we did a natural attempt (just to be safe) with FU douche. I always inserted a lime tampon after all attempts for around 4 hours. Was a soggy old process, and not at all romantic!!!

IONS – Not sure about this one! I wore pure lavender oil every day, and rubbed over tummy (ovaries) every days around O. I had a rock salt lamp, but didn’t use it in end, as drove hubby mad.
I'm a really highly strung person, a do think I probably produce a lot of testosterone. I tried to "chill" as much as possible, though this was a pretty stressful process in itself!
The dates in which we O’d (modified cycle to suit) fell in date ranges that we paid for from a service called A gender. This cost $400 for total kit, which only thing of real use was the dates. From what I can tell, these favourable dates can be found free.

OTHER – DH had a long hot bath before attempts, and I even went to extent of buying him under ware made of cotton and LYCRA, and a size to small… just to keep him extra warm (they’re all in the bin now!!). I had no O, during attempts, and position for our few natural attempts were missionary with shallow ejaculation. Not sure if it was sway or just luck of the draw that got us the girl, but we are thrilled, and feel it was all worth it in the end! Certainly not for the faint hearted romantics though!

baabaa
March 29th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Wonderful ... Huge congrats!

Sassy
March 29th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Congrats!

nini
March 29th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Congratulations!!! I did the agender plan as well although I only bought the silver plan which is not nearly as expensive as the platinum plan. But you didnt actually follow their diet or did you? I followed a mix of their recommendations, recommendation from this site and also from IG.... I dont know what I am carrying yet :)

Indira
March 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Congratulations! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Congrats!!

nicoler
March 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post this! Congrats again!

sweetpea
March 29th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Congrats! What a great sway! Enjoy your baby girl! :)

zanacal
March 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Congratulations!

Irishmom
March 29th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.:)

myGirl
March 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Great job! Wishing you all the best with your baby girl! :HH:
When is she due?

OOps, I just saw your siggie, due in Aug! Congrats!!

KnockYourBallsOff
March 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
AWESOME!!!! Congrats!

wannapinky
April 1st, 2012, 07:54 PM
sfb04 - Congratulations, so happy for you! Had you been ttc long before you started a-gender plan, or had you tried any other ways of getting girl? Had you had any trouble ttc prior to falling?

From Queensland, I am new to genderdreaming, after reading about it on 60 Minutes chatroom with Jodi McMahon last night after show. It is so good to hear these success stories. I have been on a-gender plan for last 18 mths with no luck. Have now given it away as was costing too much money.

Do you have any advice? I have read your attempt story so that will be helpful. Thankyou !

Mumto3boys
April 1st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hi wannapinky, I'm from Melbourne and I watched 60mintues last night too! and joined the chat room ;) As I sat there with number 3 boy in my tummy (23weeks) I couldn't believe what I was watching maybe it was a sign!? Hubby has decided finally that if we don't get girl at number four with good swaying we will be going to the states as Jodi did.

Mumto3boys
April 1st, 2012, 09:27 PM
I am so happy for you, after 3 miscarriages last year with trying for number 3 I was just happy I was pregnant however now with boy number 3 I'm definitely going to be swaying my little butt off for our last baby. The diet you were on sounds the complete opposite to all of my three boys so I'm hoping that doing all this will help me achieve this outcome also (will be trying again for number 4 around this time next year)

PeonyPrincess
April 2nd, 2012, 04:42 AM
Congratulations!! I did the a-gender diet as well, partly because it was the complete opposite of my normal diet, which is how I conceived DS1 and 2. I wasn't able to get dates when I did it as they weren't offering them anymore. I was always curious if they went more on biorhythms or moon signs, or something completely different. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I can't change what is in my belly now!
All the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Just wanted to welcome you lovely ladies to Gender Dreaming! Let me know how I can be of help! :)

lobella2
April 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Congratulations!

girlonamission
April 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hi ladies,

I've just joined Gender Dreaming today (had been stalking IG for a few months then came across someone mentioning Gender Dreaming). I too purchased an a-gender plan a while ago but didn't get to use it. I contacted them recently about getting more dates (as I'm fairly confident about the diet etc its just the dates I needed) and they were going to charge me $199 for 6 months of dates, so I decided against that! Anyway, I did lots of researching, and realised the previous dates they'd given me for 2011 were based on personal biorhythms, then found how to work them out myself for free on astro.com so I've done that, but now I've stumbled across all the other methods such as Moon signs etc etc (i knew about the phases, just not the signs). So just when I think I've got a grasp on things, I find more swaying info! Talk about overwhelming, lol. Anyway, I'll just keep reading and researching until I think I've got all bases covered.

Congrats on your successful girl sway!

rivett23
April 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Congratulations! And hi to all the Aussie girls. I am in Sydney, and due in August after a successful girl sway (loads of suppliments, 3.5 day cutoff before ovulation and minor dietary changes). Our 2 sons are excited about getting a little sister. All the best to everyone. xxxx

cape grace
April 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM
hi there - just to say that if you need any extra help or tips or advise I can strongly recommend you join the personalised sway option on this site - Atomic responds very quickly and its all private, also if you are too busy or ever get overwhelmed reading all the different (albeit great!!) advise from people you can rely on Atomic to put your mind at ease..its a lot cheaper too!! good luck

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hi and welcome to all new members - if you're pg and have confirmed pink (or even if you haven't) post your sway! The more info we have, the better all our sways will be!!!

dloui128
April 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Congratulations!

HappyMedium
April 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Excellent!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreams*
May 10th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Congrats!! thanks for sharing yr sway, gives me hope for my try ;0)

Butterfly Spirit
May 10th, 2012, 05:22 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

A sweet little GIRL!

skrimpy
May 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Congratulations on a little lady!!

4 blues~hopingforpink~
May 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Congrats!

My Fabulous Children
May 15th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Congratulations :babyf:

Violet_
October 25th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks for updating your sway. It gives us newbies hope. Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy.