PDA

View Full Version : NewYorkmom's Girl Sway

NewYorkmom
March 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM
-LE diet since December 26th

-Rephresh (every 3 days, a full applicator the night before attempts)

-SP AF-O (2 cycles)

-Vitex AF-O (2 cycles, the first month I ovulated on CD 21 and the month I got pregnant I ovulated on CD 12. I usually ovulate on CD 17. I think the Vitex really made my cycles irregular but I hope that was a good thing while swaying)

-Folic Acid

-Aci-Jel

-Lots of Crystal light

-I ALWAYS skipped breakfast and never ate before 11am. I ate at 11am and 4pm. This diet was completely different than I have ever eaten in my life. I normally consume few carbs and mostly eat a variety of protein. I lost a total of 12lbs on the diet. Since last March, I have steadily lost 35lbs in all (baby weight). I was cold all the time while on this diet. I would be shaking in bed with extra blankets on.

-My husband gave up red meat.

-I have lifted weights at the gym for the last 10 years. The entire time I was swaying I did not set foot in the gym.

-Timing: We DTD missionary at 7am and 2pm the morning of a positive OPK. I used an entire applicator of Rephresh at 10:00 pm the night before attempt. My husband had just returned from a business trip and he abstained for a week prior. I had some CM but not much compared to normal. I wish we only had one attempt and I didn't O but I can't change that.

- I used an organic lavender body wash and lotion daily. I think it is supposed to lower testosterone levels.

-I have been praying to Saint Gerard the patron saint of mothers for a healthy baby girl.

fivebabies
March 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM
That sounds like an awesome sway! Really, if you don't get a girl than I don't believe in swaying. ;) GL!

NewYorkmom
March 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I think there is definitely a luck factor even with swaying. I hope you get a daughter too fivebabies.

Irishmom
March 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
The very best of luck to you. That is a great sway. :)

Indira
March 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Great sway ! FX for a healthy baby and baby girl!

myGirl
March 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Your sway was great! I am so excited for you. Wishing you a H&H 9 months :HH:

Do you mind if I ask your age? How many other kids you have (boys?)? Did you take saw palmetto?

Thanks!

NewYorkmom
March 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM
myGirl- I have two wonderful boys age 5 and 1. I also have a daughter who is 3. Strangely my gender desire for girls never went away after I had her. I just wanted another. Yes, I took saw palmetto AF-O. I'm 33 and my husband is 32. We got pregnant on the second month TTC this one.

jjc- I wonder if the coldness is just our bodies adjusting to a lower calorie intake. My SIL has two girls and is always freezing. She wears a coat indoors when she comes to visit us in Buffalo.

ladybug
March 30th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Looks like a GREAT sway!!!! Good luck! Wishing you a H&H nine months :)

lobella2
March 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Looks like a great sway. Good luck, I hope you get your girl! My gender desire for girls did not go away after my first girl either:)

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2012, 01:32 PM
myGirl- I have two wonderful boys age 5 and 1. I also have a daughter who is 3. Strangely my gender desire for girls never went away after I had her. I just wanted another. Yes, I took saw palmetto AF-O. I'm 33 and my husband is 32. We got pregnant on the second month TTC this one.

jjc- I wonder if the coldness is just our bodies adjusting to a lower calorie intake. My SIL has two girls and is always freezing. She wears a coat indoors when she comes to visit us in Buffalo.

I too was freezing constantly while swaying and the weird thing is I'm STILL freezing and usually I am baking hot when pg.

I don't think my temp changed any either, I think it was all metabolism.

Huge congrats and I'm really happy for you!!

zanacal
March 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Congratulations, great sway! I was always cold when swaying too, I started a thread about it!

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I am not totally sure JJ, because if it WAS progesterone, you would think I'd be making a lot during all my pg!! So why am I cold now and hot with my other pg?

I've not gained as much weight as I normally do with this pg - I usually gain a lot early on. By now I'm usually up 25 lbs at least (I swear it was 50 with Marshall!) but this time I've only gained 14. So it is possible that I have less body fat than I normally do when pg.

Maybe when I am not dieting, eating more cals gave me more cals to heat my body with, and less cals I didn't have enough left to heat myself as warm as I normally feel?

coocoobananas
April 4th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I think it is the diet as I cheated a lot during the 2 week wait and I was thinking how I wasn't cold anymore. I'm now back on and had to sweater up today... Freezing again!

NewYorkmom
July 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to update to say we found out this morning the baby is a GIRL!!! We saw the classic 3 line hamburger. (I don't know how to post a pic but I will see if my husband can help later.) I'm super excited and very grateful.

Even though my sway was not perfect, I really think the dramatic change in my diet helped. Thanks for the diet info Atomic!!

nuthinbutpink
July 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Congrats!

elle82
July 7th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Oh I posted saying good luck but I seen your update..CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LITTLE PRINCESS :) Fab news xxx

BeadinMom
July 7th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Congratulations!!!! :)

Sunflower3
July 7th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Congrats!!

atomic sagebrush
July 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM
You're so welcome! Thanks for updating, this makes my day!!! WAHOO!!

Indira
July 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Congratulations!

NCBeachyGrl
July 7th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Congratulations! :cheer:

luckylass
July 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Congratulations that is fantastic news.

auroara78
July 12th, 2012, 10:15 AM
congrats!! I bet you are so excited!!!