PDA

View Full Version : Told boy at 16 weeks, maybe girl at 20 weeks.......

KellyLouise2012
March 30th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Anyone else had this?

I went for a private gender scan and was told boy at 16 weeks. Was totally made up. Then went for NHS 20 weeks scan and she said maybe girl :/ confused now hehe

X

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM
That's why I won't be asking for baby's gender again. I was told 'girl' at 15 weeks scan and I was hoping for a boy.

So even if I were told 'boy' at 20 weeks I would go crazy thinking were they wrong or I'd be crushed with another 'girl' annoucement. I'll wait for delivery room "surprise" ( I'm almost 100% sure it's a girl again)

fivebabies
March 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I had the opposite. Told 100% girl at 18 weeks then boy at 20 weeks, by the same tech. I don't trust any scan before 20 and not sure even after that.

Got any potty shots that you can post for us to obesses over? :)

KellyLouise2012
March 31st, 2012, 03:18 AM
Seems its more common than I thought........

I quite like that its a surprise again thow as I regretted finding out. We have been back for another scan with the private company who scanned us at 16 weeks. They have put a potty shot and written it down for us in an envelope for us to open when and if we are ready.

Unsure if I want to know now :/ x

Cinss
March 31st, 2012, 05:11 AM
Wow, that is a sucky situation!

ThroughWithBlue
March 31st, 2012, 07:43 AM
I'd open the envelope, suspense would KILL me! I was told DS1 was 95% girl at 19 weeks, I was so over the moon, I was crying tears of happiness and that's the only time I've ever done that. DH said no we aren't having a girl, he's always been right with our kid's genders from day one. next week at a paid for scan.. BOY! I haven't heard too much about someone saying boy then changing to girl. Not hard to tell a boy is a boy. I know how stressful it is. Thankfully, I guess, there was debating my 2nd being a boy at 18 weeks even. I still don't think I'll get scan with my next pregnancy. I don't think I want to know lol

fivebabies
March 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Send me the evelope! I wanna know. lol. GL with your decision...I would not be strong enough to not find out.

Waiting4Daisy
April 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
Are you hoping for another boy (it's lovely when people want more of what they have!)? Or not really bothered? I think I'd have to look but I have no willpower. My next baby will be a delivery surprise, I regretted finding out with DS3 because he was so amazing that it wouldn't have mattered what gender he was as soon as he was born. GL hun xxx

Flava
April 2nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
I think the later you have the u/s the better you can see gender because things are bigger you know. Of course when you have a nice clear pic and good u/s .
So check out the new pic what they gave you!

Zivic- 15 weeks is soooo early I would ask at 20 weeks for sure!

mama27
April 2nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Where was the scan at? I was told boy by baby bond at 16+1 but the woman took ages to decide and I am not entirely convinced by the pics. Thing is I am not sure if that is just because I wanted it to be a girl :oops: I am having my anomaly scan in 11 days so will be asking again then. I do know of someone who was told boy by baby bond at 16 weeks then girl by the nhs at 20 weeks, she went back to babybond and sure enough baby was a girl and she got a refund.