PDA

View Full Version : Survey!

Viene
January 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
After going through all of the info about swaying, does it make sense to you why you have the gender(s) you have?

nuthinbutpink
January 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM
For me it does. My DH and I match up with all the girl stuff although I resent the implication that we are unhealthy. We are not.

ETA- Things we did that you girl swayers might be interested in- I drank crystal light pink lemonade almost everyday, ate craisins almost everyday, didn't eat much period- I am a snacker and always have been but I did not each any big portions(that has changed since having kids!), I wasn't working out at the time b/c I traveled a lot for work, I didn't eat breakfast that I can remember, I was a big bread/butter eater, funny enough a big red meat eater but that was only when we went out to eat, not a fan of chicken due to a food poisoning episode, big sweet eater and LOVE popcorn

My DH never eats red meat, only veggie he had was broccoli(like a child), raw carrots, did not eat breakfast either, NEVER puts salt on anything, lean, didn't work out with weight, ran occasionally, very athletic though.

lindi
January 21st, 2011, 11:10 PM
Yes. I was doing really intense yoga and everything right to be fertile for my first baby (boy). I ate cereal every morning. I was temping and charting and we BD'd on O perfectly with every other day before that.

jd03pd
January 21st, 2011, 11:24 PM
It TOTALLY makes sense...my diet is so boy swaying that it isn't even funny!

Another princess
January 22nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
Totally. Didnt know about swaying when i conceived my son but at that time it was xmas and i always enjoy eating more at xmas time. Dont we all? So was having more calories, keeping blood sugar levels high, taking multi vits with added omega 3, Lots of wine and coffee, going to the gym 3 times a wk. All these things sway boy. Only had this kind of lifestyle for a very short period of time. When i conceived my daughter i swayed pink. However i think i probably normally do have a more girl friendly diet and lifestyle. Wishful thinking ha ha

xnicolax
January 22nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Yes and no, some of our lifestyle screams girl. The rest screams boy. Now that I have read atomics dice post, I suppose it makes more sence.

Pixiedoll
January 22nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
YUP!!!

Every single thing I did when conceived DS was 100% very strong boy sway without even knowing. Every single aspect of my life was changed to conceive this baby girl.

Not one detail from either lifestyle goes against anything in the theory's of swaying!
x

Viene
January 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
I only have the one son, but I did a pretty unintentional boy sway. High calorie/fat intake, wide variety of nutrients including dairy, higher salt and potassium diet, prenatals, EWCM, breakfast every morning, tea, full moon, little to no exercise, beer, and dtd day of or day before O day.

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
For me it does. My DH and I match up with all the girl stuff although I resent the implication that we are unhealthy. We are not.

ETA- Things we did that you girl swayers might be interested in- I drank crystal light pink lemonade almost everyday, ate craisins almost everyday, didn't eat much period- I am a snacker and always have been but I did not each any big portions(that has changed since having kids!), I wasn't working out at the time b/c I traveled a lot for work, I didn't eat breakfast that I can remember, I was a big bread/butter eater, funny enough a big red meat eater but that was only when we went out to eat, not a fan of chicken due to a food poisoning episode, big sweet eater and LOVE popcorn

My DH never eats red meat, only veggie he had was broccoli(like a child), raw carrots, did not eat breakfast either, NEVER puts salt on anything, lean, didn't work out with weight, ran occasionally, very athletic though.

I totally understand and I'm sorry for ever implying otherwise. I don't intend to be casting aspersions on anyone's lifestyle...believe me, pretty much everyone who eats a Western-style diet eats far TOO much protein, salt, fat, calories and there are MANY things about a girl-style diet that are actually much healthier than a boy style diet.

To answer the original question, YES 100% for sure, I did and do a lot of boy-friendly things! Esp. with DS 3!! I actually laugh at myself because I was SO sure he was gonna be a girl! Now I know way, way different.

babydust
January 29th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Yes, 100%. And I think it has a LOT to do with diet. With my Ds I was on a total boy diet without even knowing it. Cereal and banana for breakfast and lots of red sauce type meals for dinner.

LolaInLove
February 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM
YES! With both girls, I was working out almost every day, doing 1 hour or more of cardio (very acidifying), never ate breakfast, ate tons of fake sugar and dairy (I had a very high calcium intake due to osteoporosis scare with my mom), never salted anything or ate potatoes or bananas. I never checked my ph, but I am sure it was very low, as I used to have an upset stomach all the time....probably due more to my horrid DH at the time (now ex, thankfully). Speaking of him, he wore tighties and released every day, with or without me. Both were O+12 timing, as I thought I had already ovulated and remembered seeing creamy cm.

I have changed almost everything now, including the DH, so hopefully I'll have a son this last time around!

Gus
February 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Very much so! I am a total boy-diet eater. I hate most of the girl diet stuff and I used to drink so much caffeinated pop it was pathetic. Even following the girl diet loosely was a huge pain for me.

skrimpy
February 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM
To me it does... mostly. With my first, a DD, I was eating mostly vegetarian, in college studying technical theatre. So I was up at all hours doing back-to-back shows (especially in the 2 months just before she was conceived) and I was not eating an optimal diet. I have no idea what her bio-dad was eating, lol, but I know what my life was like. I also suspect she was probably an O+12 conception.

With my DS1 and DS2, I was eating much, much better. My diet was really healthy and I got plenty of food - eating lots and lots of protein, getting plenty of salt. The only "non boy" thing about my diet was drinking around 4 cups of milk each day, and having plenty of cheese. But really, I was just well-nourished. Also, the boys' bio-dad was not around much. I have to admit - probably the only reason they got conceived was b/c I was fertile and shooting pheromones all over... that convinced him to stay home long enough to get me knocked up :p It was probably a timing close to ovulation ;)

DS3 was an intentional sway for blue. I used the same diet (I did not drop the milk) - I just added in boy drinks and some boy supplements. We also timed conception carefully. I am not at all surprised we got a boy. Plus, DH wanted a boy and my man seems to get whatever he wants!

This baby I think I feel confident in why we got another DD... firstly, we were not trying so I was not actively swaying. We had recently changed our diet to go grain-free for DH. DH and I were actively working out and I had lost several pounds and was getting toned up. It was also a fairly stressful time because DH was adopting the 3 older kids and there was a lot of paperwork, talking with our lawyer, and waiting on that for their bio-dad's termination of rights, adoption finalization, etc. I think I was pretty well-nourished, but my body was getting a drastically different diet than it was used to and I was losing weight. I think these things swayed girl. Also, we BD 4 days BEFORE I ovulated (I was charting) and I still managed to get knocked up. We did BD on O day but used a condom that time, so I think it was the 4 days before swimmers hanging around. So at least Shettles-timing wise the last 4 kiddos make sense. And DH wanted this one to be a girl - and he gets what he wants.

I hope he wants the next one to be a boy :p I am planning to stick with my proven "boy diet," and once my cycles begin again I am going to do boy supplements/drinks... though I don't think we're going to plan a conception again. We will just let the next baby come when he/she will (counting on my usual period of breastfeeding infertility). We have a great boy name I really want to use though!

Chunky Monkey
February 16th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I think so! When I got PG with DS #1, I had a diet with lots of chicken, medium amount of red meat, potatoes, salt, caffiene and not much sugar or sweets. I did a lot of walking, but not much exercize other than that. I was a little underweight. We DTD the day before O and the day of O. I didn't get up right away after and I had the big O. CM was always there and I didn't temp or know anything about PH. I didn't use artificial sweeteners and not much fish. I did drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of cheese though. My husband had a similar diet.

With DS #2, I don't know exactly when I ovulated, but I do think it was another day before or day of O. My diet was similar, but maybe a little more protein and I started eating sweets. The only big difference was that I worked out about 4 days a week and weighed about 15 lbs more than when I got PG with #1.

I have always loved lots of protein, potatoes, caffiene. And I have always disliked artificial sweeteners. I hadn't heard of swaying before, so I didn't know about PH, shallow penetration and no female O :/ I also didn't get up right after.

I am going to sway for #3 and I think I will do the opposite as much as I can. I can only guess from my first 2 pregnancies, that a diet with lots of protein and potatoes and no artificial sweeteners might have had something to do with it. I also think I will try a 4 day cut-off and pray that I get PG with a DD :) If I don't get PG at all after trying a 4 day cut-off for a few months, I will try a 3 day.

Orchid
February 16th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I was doing moderate excerise, losing weight, eating cereal for breakfast, eating healthy, interviewing for jobs, used OPK to pinpoint O day and got pregnant that cycle. Apart from losing weight everything was boy friendly.

TTC5
February 18th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Yep!
We have 4 girls and have recently learnt my pH is 5.5!
I also rarely ate brekkie, ate lots of dairy and when we BD with the girls we DTD ALL the time!!!!

puppydogstails
March 2nd, 2011, 12:49 PM
Yes, know i know better it makes sense to me that i concived two boys. Very boy friendly diet, put salt on everything!! ( not a good habit of mine) high calorie intake, always had a big breakfast LOADS of tea and coffee my DF drank lots of energy drinks and coke and did lots of weights! He wore loose underwear and had cool showers and we dtd right on ovulation both times and all the details of it were boy friendly ;)

Aqua
March 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
We ate from both group of foods. I would say our diet was 50/50 girl-boy diets when I concieved DD. It did have high fiber though. My sister who has similar diet as mine had a boy.

Chicky
March 25th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I thought I understood why I conceived ds1...the diet was very boy friendly and timing was a 1 day cutoff. However I did the girl diet 100% when ttc the second time and got ds2 so clearly diet wasn't the factor for me. So not really I guess.

aintnocinderella
March 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
i would say yes 100%, as a rule i love everything boy friendly and as memory serves me right at time of conception was happy and healthy with all three and eating plenty and plenty of crap! this time round i am hoping not only my diet but a long cut off will help. Hubby is on boad and drinks plenty of fake sugar drinks. i am yet to test his PH but i know both boys i had with him were either day of OV or day before. MIddle one was +OPK. For my pink sway i just hope i am one of the lucky ones who just had boys by circumstance and this time round if i switch things up. but there does seem to be far more pink swayers than blue!

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I thought I understood why I conceived ds1...the diet was very boy friendly and timing was a 1 day cutoff. However I did the girl diet 100% when ttc the second time and got ds2 so clearly diet wasn't the factor for me. So not really I guess.

That is the most frustrating thing isn't it! Nothing like conceiving a boy while taking a crapload of calcium and with a pH of 4.5 to kinda make you lose faith in the idea of swaying! There are many more things you can do though, I hope you find new ideas to improve your sway!

Hoping4aPrincess
March 26th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Yes for me! We have 3 sons. My DH and I both eat a lot of salty foods and I never ever drank milk or ate dairy products bc of lactose intolerance. Also I have a lot of EWCM around O time. I never skipped breakfast. I ate a lot of bananas, potatoes, red meat and a lot of tomato sauce meals (DH loves marinara sauce!). DH drank a lot of caffeine and I drank quite a bit too. We BD'd right at O time... our lifestyle just screams boy! We're making some huge changes in our diet now that we're planning to TTC #3 with a hard core girl sway.

TulleExplosion
March 27th, 2011, 03:22 AM
100% girl sways for me for the last two for sure. The first DD I think was conceived because I had been off the pill for 2 cycles. The second two were swayed girl from Metformin and dieting. I am a cardio junkie and do not eat boy friendly foods at all. I also eat a lot of dairy and have consumed so much diet coke in my lifetime, its not a joke. So, it totally makes sense that I have girls.

Belle
March 28th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Sort of but I think I should be a mother of girls instead I never eat breakfast and have late lunches and minimal dinners Im anaemic so I hardly eat meat also I don't like it I don't like bananas or eat bread I walk alot my husband is a healthy gym junkie I smoke and drink about 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day but we both eat alot of fruit which I need to drop. This is why I'm nervous about swaying because I'm not sure as to do the opposite for a girl but I am taking the tablets now and eating more dairy and berries and no salt and I will be using acijel

Tulips
March 28th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I think my diet and lifestyle were exceedingly boy friendly with my boys, red meat and red sauces or soy sauces and lots of veges for dinner, cereal for breakfast, sandwiches or noodles with soy type sauces for lunch. I am dairy intolerant so my diet was high sod/pot low cal/mag. Never skipped meals was eating larger portions than ever before, also started a new business and on the road a lot, many takeaways. Our business is in computers and we slept above our server room. I was also a competitive person and much more dominant than I am now.
I have no idea what this one is but my lifestyle and diet were very different as is my attitude and competitive streak. I will be very interested to see if we get a different result.

swish
March 30th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I definitely heavily swayed boy both times without knowing it - diet, timing, exercise - the lot! I find it totally fascinating. I just hope by changing as much as I can I'll get pink!!!!

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 09:31 AM
First in my opinion the boy and the girl diet both have bad things... sweets, red meat, fake sugar, etc. Some people eat more of a certain food and others eat less. So food for swaying makes sense. Just like for people dieting some work and some don't, diets for medical conditions sometimes works better then meds, diets for atheletes are not the best for a video gamer, and so on. Please don't think you are unhealthy for what you eat you just have to think about the foods for your life style our gender swaying.

I believe we did not eat healthy when our boys were conceived. I saw the red meat giving my hubby a heart attack with every bite. We no longer have soda and junk food in the house so our kids learn to eat healthy food at home but allowed to eat junk when we do eat out. We only eat redmeat once a week for 4-5mths out of the year. Limit other meats to good amounts... 2 chicken breast for 2 adults, a picky 3 years old, and a piglet 1 year old. We make our own soups with our own broth, limited amounts of meat, and fresh veggies. Our diet change has been over several years because my hubby had a lot of bad habits to change but for medical reasons his diet had to change. Ok I got off topic.....

If you balance out your junk with good foods then I would say you are healthy, the diet is just not "girl friendly" or "boy friendly" (that is what the research should say).... For those changing your diet to sway for any gender please be careful and watch your vitamin/mineral intake so your body doesn't go into stock.

cocos-mum
March 30th, 2011, 09:50 AM
yeah i have one of each and they both match the diet.

my first was a girl and i never ate breakfast ate no read meat i was slim and didn't bascially eat alot we wasn't ttc so didn't do anything to improve my chances
my son we ttc for 5 years for and we did everything we could do make me sperm friendly. i ate loads was my heaviest weight red meat, coke, coffee didn't have them before dd. bd on o and stayed in bed.

looking back even though i did the girl diet naturally without trying and i had to do the things to help sperm for my boy going back to my girl diet seems mega hard

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM
First in my opinion the boy and the girl diet both have bad things... sweets, red meat, fake sugar, etc. Some people eat more of a certain food and others eat less. So food for swaying makes sense. Just like for people dieting some work and some don't, diets for medical conditions sometimes works better then meds, diets for atheletes are not the best for a video gamer, and so on. Please don't think you are unhealthy for what you eat you just have to think about the foods for your life style our gender swaying.

I believe we did not eat healthy when our boys were conceived. I saw the red meat giving my hubby a heart attack with every bite. We no longer have soda and junk food in the house so our kids learn to eat healthy food at home but allowed to eat junk when we do eat out. We only eat redmeat once a week for 4-5mths out of the year. Limit other meats to good amounts... 2 chicken breast for 2 adults, a picky 3 years old, and a piglet 1 year old. We make our own soups with our own broth, limited amounts of meat, and fresh veggies. Our diet change has been over several years because my hubby had a lot of bad habits to change but for medical reasons his diet had to change. Ok I got off topic.....

If you balance out your junk with good foods then I would say you are healthy, the diet is just not "girl friendly" or "boy friendly" (that is what the research should say).... For those changing your diet to sway for any gender please be careful and watch your vitamin/mineral intake so your body doesn't go into stock.

I totally agree and I should get out of the habit of calling the boy diet "healthy". Both diets have good things and bad things about them.

The interesting thing is that researchers studied the effects of low-calorie diets and found that mice given low-calorie diets (girl-friendly) lived longer than the mice given high-calorie diets, but the mice given the high-calorie diets had way way more offspring. This seems to fit in with the idea that everything that is good for fertility sways blue.

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Personnal I would rather live longer... after Thing 3 we are having no more kids so we just have to work on living long enough to spoil grandkids :)

queen-of-harts
April 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
I can see how i have been blessed with 6 boys,i love diary like ice cream,yogurt and cheese but i eat big amounts when i do.I just have a healthy appetite and never miss a meal lol.We eat alot of processed foods sometimes and im big on sweets.Dh also has a ph of 9 and mine is an 8 i think and i get ewcm that can stretch 18 inches i swear yuck!

nicnee1976
April 4th, 2011, 08:25 AM
With DS1, my diet was not healthy, lots of processed food, working shifts and eating rubbish, red meat, minimal calcium, alcohol, caffiene. Not sure when we DTD in relation to O, because my cycle was thrown out by a suspected early m/c the month before.
DS2 was conceived just after Xmas, after a time of over indulgence and on a alcohol fuelled night. I think we DTD on the day of O or the day before O and we had not DTD for several days beforehand. It was definitely a one-off BD!! DS2 was a surprise baby.
DS3 was also a surprise, conceived just after we had been on holiday and over indulged. We DTD the day before O, again alcohol fuelled and again a one-off BD!!
I think I have a high testosterone level anyway, as I match all the symptoms of that.

Kazz2011
April 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Definitely. With all my boys I ate breakfast in the morning, probably had a bit too much salty foods, fatty foods and never did any exercise etc.... I am hoping to turn that around soon and it more "girly" friendly foods, ions, sallt rock lamps etc.....

boymom
April 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
huge lover of salt and I have boys, not much dairy, especially not milk. Not much red meat, probably too many calories though, love bread & cheese, and as I mentioned before anything with salt.

suregena
April 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
My first two pregnancies ended in early (7 weeks and 6 weeks) miscarriages. I was working in a high-stress job (neonatal unit... and I juggled about 3 different jobs. I'm sure being around all of those incredibly vulnerable babies didn't help me, but it was also physically demanding, I worked different hours every week that varied widely as I worked on a rota, I travelled via public transport and it took me nearly 2 hours to get to work one way, etcetera.)

This began to get to me, so despite my love of my job, I found a job at a hospital more near to me that was no-frill, sit at a desk, dull, and so forth, in hopes that it would help a pregnancy stick (I always got pregnant first month trying, it was just keeping a pregnancy that was the problem which I added up to stress.)

I changed jobs just after my second miscarriage... which happened the end of March 2009. I started my new job April 6th. The end of April (still didn't have my period back...) we went on vacation to Bruges, Belgium for a long weekend. I don't drink alcohol... but they had some fruity beers there that I DID drink a lot of. It was an amazing, relaxing, wonderful weekend. Completely destressed. Eating amazing, fatty foods, drinking amazing coffee, fruity beers, etcetera. I had some spotting during that trip... which I thought was my cycle returning, but it stopped after a day...

We were not actively trying again yet. A few weeks later (my cycle still not returning and me getting very annoyed) we went to visit a friend in Liverpool. I was eating like A PIG but didn't think anything of it. I woke up the next morning feeling very nauseated. I called in sick to work. I laid there thinking, "I can't believe I have a stomach bug. When am I going to get my period back?!?" Suddenly I put those two thoughts together and thought, "...OH." and used my last pregnancy test I had and took it. HELLO, positive! It all made sense!

Heh. Thanks, Bruges.. for my little boy! :xy:

Moral of the story: go on vacation to Bruges, Belgium--and you'll eat delicious food, drink delicious beer :beer:, and probably get pregnant with a boy...
:p

daisyfay311
April 8th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I want to add that my MIL had all boys and I know it really bothered her, she always wanted a girl and nearly died of happiness when my dd was born. But now I see why. She drinks tons of stuff with lemon, eats gobs of fruit, always has a big breakfast, loves salty snacks like popcorn...and judging from her personality, I am guessing she has a lot of testosterone. ;)

ashkash
April 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Yep. We actively did Shettles for our girl, and it worked. Looking back, we unknowingly did the Shettles boy method when we conceived DS1 & DS2. We had to use fertility meds to conceive #4 (follistim), and our RE's instructions were in line with Shettles boy method. Baby #4 is all boy!

So I would say the Shettles method worked quite well for us. That said, I don't think we'll ttc again without going HT, because I want to be certain we have a girl.

fivebabies
April 8th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Yes! 100%. I only got my 1 DD from swaying. My lifestyle is very boy friendly.

mariposa
March 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Totally sense. When I conceived my DS I was eating a lot. Have put like 4 kg over my normal weight. Have breakfast every day orange juice, milk and cereals. Doing moderate exercise , and DTD every 2 days. Hips propped like half an hour after the attempts.

fish2012
April 3rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
yes i ate lots of protien did lots of exercise, my dh played rugby and i'm a bit of a stress head and a snacker ;-0 wasn't really overweight but weighed less whne i conceived this time

Plantain
April 9th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Yes. I have three girls. I was quite thin, and wasn't eating a great diet, no vitamin, under a lot of stress, and DTD multiple times every day w/ 1st. W/ 2nd I was BF and only 6mo postpartum so I know my body hadn't fully recovered-- and similar BD habits as before. #3 is sort of a mystery to me, --- Again I was BFing. I was trying to chart and not very good at it. I didn't think we BD durring the AF-O window because DH was really sick. Then we had we had an auto accident that banged me up pretty good, so our bodies were definately not performing optimally. I guess I had O later than I thought. But all of it fits nicely into the less-fertile = girl. The only weird thing is we had NO problem getting pg, so I didn't FEEL less fertile!

3Pink1Blue
April 9th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Absolutely! I was always dieting (low fat, low cal) and did tons of cardio. I had very little cm and always got up to pee right after bd. Big shocker I have 3 girls lol

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Yes. I have three girls. I was quite thin, and wasn't eating a great diet, no vitamin, under a lot of stress, and DTD multiple times every day w/ 1st. W/ 2nd I was BF and only 6mo postpartum so I know my body hadn't fully recovered-- and similar BD habits as before. #3 is sort of a mystery to me, --- Again I was BFing. I was trying to chart and not very good at it. I didn't think we BD durring the AF-O window because DH was really sick. Then we had we had an auto accident that banged me up pretty good, so our bodies were definately not performing optimally. I guess I had O later than I thought. But all of it fits nicely into the less-fertile = girl. The only weird thing is we had NO problem getting pg, so I didn't FEEL less fertile!

Less than optimally fertile doesn't mean you can't get pg right away - it's like there is a continuum with boys on one end and girls on the other, the further you go one direction, the harder it is to get pg but the more girls you have. There is a place where it's still easy to get pg but you're still conceiving mostly girls.

atomic sagebrush
April 10th, 2013, 10:02 AM

Less than optimally fertile doesn't mean you can't get pg right away - it's like there is a continuum with boys on one end and girls on the other, the further you go one direction, the harder it is to get pg but the more girls you have. There is a place where it's still easy to get pg but you're still conceiving mostly girls.

Tindra
April 11th, 2013, 05:29 AM
No, not at all. First of all, I have been a vegetarian since 1995. With DS (born 2000) I had recently lost over 25 pounds and had just completed 6 months of backpacking in India (hence the weightloss!). I was eating very healthy, low fat veggie food,as was OH. With DD I ate normal veggie food, but the month she was conceived I had bad yeast infection for most of the month - hence my PH should have been very high! With DS2 I was eating a vegetarian low carb diet, so maybe a little boy sway there, but not much. I had recently lost 20 pounds when he was conceived, so again, not very accurate.

I'm almost a swaying opposite with all of mine! None of them have been conceived through obtaining an orgasm either, if that makes any difference. My DS we BD several times a day, wasn't trying for a baby, just very much in love! DD was conceived when I had a yeast infection, so we barely managed to BD a couple of times that month, and nowhere near O! When we were ttc her I was OPKing and regimented BD every other day throughout the month, except the month she was conceived! DS2 was very regimented too, BD daily around O.

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Yeast infection can actually sway pink because it messes up your vaginal environment to such an extent that it can kill off sperm. Some people get super low pH when they have YI.

"Recurrent vaginal yeast infections cause the internal vaginal flora to become unbalanced which may make it harder for the sperm to reach the uterus. Sperm is not killed by overgrowth of Candida, but because the infection changes the consistency of the cervical mucous, it may make it more difficult for the sperm to reach the cervical opening." better explanation from Natural FertilityInfo.com
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Keep them coming ladies!!

Satox3
April 18th, 2013, 05:37 PM
We conceived one son. I'm going to say the majority of things don't make sense... If I am understanding all the sway stuff correctly.

Things that dont make sense:
First my diet, I was super thin. I ate maybe 900 calories a day, of pasta/rice/veggies... Hardly any meat or any dairy. I had always been thin, but I was dieting extra for our wedding. I was consuming about 12-12oz diet cokes a day. i also smoked (as did dh at the time). i never exercised. I didnt drink, but dh did drink a bit during the couple weeks before the wedding. Dh didnt drink caffiene though. For our wedding night, we abstained for over two months. I am pretty sure dh was also abstaining. We lived together prior and the night we had sex (our wedding night), was very short. Lol he'd kill me. Also, I did not O during sex. I was so tired, I couldn't. I know we conceived on the wedding night. Because 6 nights later, I had implantation bleeding on the honey moon. Thought it was af showing, and I prayed for it to stop. Haha alas, it did and in hindsight I know it was implantation and thus we conceived that night.

Which brings me to the things that do make sense.

Since I'm certain we conceived the wedding night, And had implantation bleeding 6 days later, we must have dtd just as I was ovulating. So timing was right, but not sure how much I believe in that. The wedding was pretty stressful. So I imagine my testosterone was raised- I think I have higher than average T anyway. Dh must of been full of testosterone too. He was exercising religiously and in the best shape of his life. So I'm sure his swimmers were in top shape too, even with the abstaining/smoking/alcohol.

This time, I am hoping dh's increased weight will help? I don't know if that's a factor at all though. I need to read up on it. I am of higher weight... Gained 70lbs with ds, and have lost about 40 thus far between the birth and diet. All the extra weight is pure fat. I think my ph is much lower, although I know lots of people don't put much stock in that. I no longer have ewcm. I am hoping that helps. My doctor has offered to start me on the testing for clomid... Basically said he would write it for me, regardless of what my test show. I have prayed on it, not an overly religious person, but it's hard not to believe in the blessings of god when I look at my ds. So after much prayer and thought, I think I am going to try one more natural attempt this month... And if we are unsuccessful, go ahead with the clomid. I am nervous though. I have such high hopes, I don't want to be crushed if the clomid doesn't work... For swaying, or for conceiving. I am trying to stay optimistic and hopeful though. Sigh.

Anyway, Good luck to everyone! Xoxo

motherofboys
April 19th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I've not read a huge lot but from what I have read it does make some sense. Especially diet. My diet in the past screams boy.

desperate4blue
April 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
To me it does... mostly. With my first, a DD, I was eating mostly vegetarian, in college studying technical theatre. So I was up at all hours doing back-to-back shows (especially in the 2 months just before she was conceived) and I was not eating an optimal diet. I have no idea what her bio-dad was eating, lol, but I know what my life was like. I also suspect she was probably an O+12 conception.

With my DS1 and DS2, I was eating much, much better. My diet was really healthy and I got plenty of food - eating lots and lots of protein, getting plenty of salt. The only "non boy" thing about my diet was drinking around 4 cups of milk each day, and having plenty of cheese. But really, I was just well-nourished. Also, the boys' bio-dad was not around much. I have to admit - probably the only reason they got conceived was b/c I was fertile and shooting pheromones all over... that convinced him to stay home long enough to get me knocked up :p It was probably a timing close to ovulation ;)

DS3 was an intentional sway for blue. I used the same diet (I did not drop the milk) - I just added in boy drinks and some boy supplements. We also timed conception carefully. I am not at all surprised we got a boy. Plus, DH wanted a boy and my man seems to get whatever he wants!

This baby I think I feel confident in why we got another DD... firstly, we were not trying so I was not actively swaying. We had recently changed our diet to go grain-free for DH. DH and I were actively working out and I had lost several pounds and was getting toned up. It was also a fairly stressful time because DH was adopting the 3 older kids and there was a lot of paperwork, talking with our lawyer, and waiting on that for their bio-dad's termination of rights, adoption finalization, etc. I think I was pretty well-nourished, but my body was getting a drastically different diet than it was used to and I was losing weight. I think these things swayed girl. Also, we BD 4 days BEFORE I ovulated (I was charting) and I still managed to get knocked up. We did BD on O day but used a condom that time, so I think it was the 4 days before swimmers hanging around. So at least Shettles-timing wise the last 4 kiddos make sense. And DH wanted this one to be a girl - and he gets what he wants.

I hope he wants the next one to be a boy :p I am planning to stick with my proven "boy diet," and once my cycles begin again I am going to do boy supplements/drinks... though I don't think we're going to plan a conception again. We will just let the next baby come when he/she will (counting on my usual period of breastfeeding infertility). We have a great boy name I really want to use though!

Hi

What supplements and drinks sway boy? Did u try a paticular position and did u lay still in bed after to get ur boys?

sbowman
April 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Somewhat. When I got pregnant with my DS I was at my lowest adult weight after losing about 30 pounds. I didn't eat much, mostly carbs, not a lot of meat. I do love salt though, but I hate eating breakfast and most breakfast foods including cereal. But then the weekend I conceived I was visiting my DH when he graduated from basic training. We dtd 2-3x a day, ate out a lot. I think I gained a couple pounds just from those few days, so I suppose that must've swayed, or perhaps I'm just prone to making boys. Second pregnancy I had changed my whole life. I was on a mission to lose the baby weight. I was doing Insanity, eating nothing but the healthiest stuff. I was still losing weight but I was gaining lots of muscle and my blood sugar was probably very steady. I always ate breakfast (usually a whole grain English muffin with peanut butter, egg whites, celery or carrots with an orange or a banana and coffee with full fat creamer-egg white peanut butter sandwiches are soooo good). Every scrap of bread was whole wheat, lots of healthy fruits and veggies, started eating fish regularly, cut out as much packaged food as I could manage.

BabyGirl4Me
April 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Yes for many reasons. When I conceived DS I had gained several lbs over the course of a few months, unintentionally did the blue exercise plan, got lots of sleep, ate lots of good fresh organic foods, ate lots of soy products (which I think sway blue for me) and drank several cups of green tea every day. I never drank diet sodas or had artificially sweetened anything. I always ate breakfast and never skipped a meal, and usually had healthy snacks like granola bars during my work day and ate vitamin enriched cereals with soy milk almost every day. I also had a high stress very analytical job testing software and playing with data. Makes perfect sense to me that I conceived a boy now that I know about swaying.

motherofboys
April 20th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Also just from reading through this I didn't realise staying still in bed after can increase boy chances? I've always stayed in bed after to try to maximize the chance of conception! So may be another factor thats playing a part there.