PDA

View Full Version : Anterior placenta

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I have anterior placenta in this pregnancy. I was told 'girl' at 15 weeks scan.

Anyone here have/had anterior placenta and what gender baby was?

DoulaMama
March 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I have an anterior placenta with this baby(girl) and had one with ds2 as well.

Mochagirl
March 30th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I had one with ds3.

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Thank you DoulaMama and Mocha!

TTC5
March 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I had one with dd3 and and again this time.

coocoobananas
March 30th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I had one with my 1st son! Didn't feel hardly any kicks like my 2nd because of it!

maybeoneday
March 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I had one with DS2, didn't feel movement till about 24 weeks as a consequence.

nicoler
March 30th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Had an anterior placenta with my son!

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Had one with DS2 and I hardly ever felt him. I loved all the Dr visit just to check his HB.

Zivic-Bubac
March 31st, 2012, 05:15 AM
So far 6:2 for boys (cool!) and two unknown ( 1 probably a boy - TTC5, other probably a girl -mine)

bythestream
April 1st, 2012, 06:10 AM
I had one both times, 2 boys. Both posterior labours too, I think thats common with anterior placenta.

Mochagirl
April 1st, 2012, 06:55 AM
I had one both times, 2 boys. Both posterior labours too, I think thats common with anterior placenta.

Interesting - my DS had anterior placenta and was a posterior labour too. Ds1 was posterior too, but I din't remember the position of the placenta he shared with his twin brother. I do have a feeling it might have been anterior too.

bythestream
April 1st, 2012, 07:04 AM
My sister in law is a midwife and she kept telling me that if I had correct posture and got down on my hands and knees enough that they would turn. It didn't work, only found out later that if you have a large anterior placenta (the midwife commeted on how large my placenta was with ds2) they are very unlikely to turn because they just don't have the space. At least after 2 posterior labours I don't know any different, hopefully the next won't be :-).

Zivic-Bubac
April 1st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Thank you bythe******! :)

8:2 for boys, 2 unknown :)

Indira
April 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM
So far 6:2 for boys (cool!) and two unknown ( 1 probably a boy - TTC5, other probably a girl -mine)

Well, cool for you ZB, lol!
I had one with DS1 and DS2 and this one too...

bythestream
April 2nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
I wonder if the shape of some uterus' encourages anterior placenta?

Zivic-Bubac
April 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Well, cool for you ZB, lol!
.Thank you Indira huni! You're so lucky to be Team green, I'm trying to convince myself I'd be OK either way, but that's just not the case LOL!

That's 10:2 for boys, 3 unknown.

Zivic-Bubac
April 3rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
TTC5 is obviously having a boy, which makes it 11:2 for boys and 2 unknown.

Princess of Pink
April 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
My first 4 kids were posterior labours and anterior placenta. My last little monkey was born face first and I finally missed out on that back pain!!

Falling2Grace
February 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
In my previous pregnancys i have had an anterior placenta. ...all have been BOY so far.

DS1 was born face up....OWWW! DS2 was not, thank God but did have a bit of a shoulder dyscotia, so maybe it's more related to my anatomy.

hotdogz&boyz
February 5th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Even though this is an old thread, I wanted to comment on the idea that anatomy can affect placenta placement. My midwife told me that some women, especially those with retro flexed uteruses, are more likely to have anterior placentas. Sometimes it is just luck of he draw (like if one of three is anterior), but some women are more likely to have them anterior because of their anatomy.

And I happen to be one of them. I am 3 for 3 in the anterior placenta boat. Two boys and one girl all with anterior placentas. All located slightly differently (one top, one central, one off to left side), but all front-lying. Luckily, my babies aren't posterior births. Ds1 was side-facing at birth, ds2 was normal presentation, and we shall see what dd turns out to be.

wilma_five
February 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
anterior this time - girl
posterior ds5

Falling2Grace
February 6th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Even though this is an old thread, I wanted to comment on the idea that anatomy can affect placenta placement. My midwife told me that some women, especially those with retro flexed uteruses, are more likely to have anterior placentas. Sometimes it is just luck of he draw (like if one of three is anterior), but some women are more likely to have them anterior because of their anatomy.

And I happen to be one of them. I am 3 for 3 in the anterior placenta boat. Two boys and one girl all with anterior placentas. All located slightly differently (one top, one central, one off to left side), but all front-lying. Luckily, my babies aren't posterior births. Ds1 was side-facing at birth, ds2 was normal presentation, and we shall see what dd turns out to be.

Yes, i was also just going to mention that it can very much be an anatomical thing with the mother. I personally have only ever had anterior placentas (both boys btw). However, I do have a tilted uterus, which also happens to tilt back and to the left. I really think that has contributed to the reason why *I* had anterior placentas. I'll be interested to see where this one is located.

I was not as lucky as hotdogz though. My first was a hell of a long labor with back labor hell. But rest assured, it can still be done vaginally! My second also had an anterior placenta, however, he came out in the proper direction. Thank GOD!!!! No back labor and labor was 1 hour 15 minutes! I did have shoulder dyscotia with him, despite another natural water birth, but im wondering if i also have a hip placement issue. Would explain the face up position with DS1, both anterior placentas, as well as DS2 having shoulder dyscotia.