PDA

View Full Version : gaining the recommended weight

NewYorkmom
March 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
With all of my pregnancies I started off at a normal weight range for my height. My doctor wanted me to gain between 25-35lbs. I gained 75lbs with my first, 45lbs with my second, and 43lbs with my third. I exercised with all of them. How do you ladies stay within the recommended range of weight gain. Do you eat pretty much the same as before you were pregnant?

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I don't! :p

I gained 45 with DS 1, 40 with DS 2 (I might have these two mixed up!), 50+ with DS 3, and a whopping 70+ with DS 4 (I had 2 placentas with him and everything was all messed up!)

I never eat the same when I'm pg. I get morning sickness that the only way to keep it at bay is eating constantly - I've gained over 20 lbs in the first tri with all four boys. And I crave carbs thru the whole pg. With my last three, I craved milk, which I normally am lactose intolerant and cannot even drink milk, but when I'm pg my body makes the lactase enzyme and I can have milk again.

NewYorkmom
April 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'm happy I'm not alone. My diet is also a lot different when I'm pregnant. The foods I normally eat just don't look good to me anymore. I get so sick of my Ob telling me that breastfeeding melts the pounds away because it is not true for me at all. Five to ten pounds just hang on my body until I've finished nursing.

That's really interesting how you can drink milk when pregnant. The human body sure is fascinating.

Flava
April 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Im the other way around I don't gain the so called recommended weight and really i don't give a damn what they recommend.
And it's good because of the HE diet Im already fat so no way I want to pack up like crazy.
Also nothing ever help with my m/s so no matter if I eat or not I don't feel better.
It's really not fun to fight with a doc or midwife when they tell you all the time to eat more bla bla it makes me angry so last time I told them to back off...
I eat pretty much the same before pregnant or some days more some days less. But i read that if we are pregnant we really only need so much more calories like a extra banana.
I don't know I guess for some of us is hard to eat more and for some is hard to eat less that it.

Flava
April 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Same here with BF!!!! i even put on weight so hate it! GGGGGGRRRRRRR