PDA

View Full Version : Michaela- you no longer have the most expensive HSG!!

HopingForPigtails
March 31st, 2012, 06:26 PM
I do. Just found out mine was $27K through Dr. P. Holy Moses. He dud remove 2 polyps during the procedure but wow. Wow. I was never clued in to how much it would cost. Thankfully my insurance will cover $21K of it. Thankfully. I was never told I should double check on the insurance be because of the high cost of the surgery. I should have anyhow, I'm not blaming HRC for my stupidity. If we had to par the whole $27K I'm frankly not sure what we'd do. As it is now, my HT dreams have gone out the window with this additional $6K we now owe. Gone. So sad. I have no idea how a surgery that took him 15 minutes costs more than double what an entire HT cycle WITH PGD costs. Seriously? I had a colonoscopy done a few months back. Insurance wouldn't cover it because I hadn't met my deductible. Guess how much that was out of pocket? $750. Yup. Makes no sense. Alas. I am out.

I have so enjoyed watching all of your journeys and will be cheering you on. I'm sure I'll check in now and again so I can live vicariously. I hope you all get you DGs! Fingers crossed for you...

Bambina
March 31st, 2012, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry, that sounds like highway robbery. It should've been mentioned to you even if insurance did cover the whole amount. At least then you could've shopped around and possibly not have to give up HT. I really feel for you.

jils04
March 31st, 2012, 07:23 PM
im sorry, that makes my heart hurt. are you sure theres no other way?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

michaela
March 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM
I am so sorry :( Seriously I have no idea why these surgeries cost so much.

Can you dispute the part that wasn't covered or did they cover the percentage that is in your policy?

nuthinbutpink
March 31st, 2012, 08:12 PM
I would contact HRC or if Potter is your RE, him directly. I would call Lori- not email. Maybe they can help you. That is shocking.

HopingForPigtails
March 31st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks everyone. Michaela- unfortunately, that's the percentage covered by my insurance. Frankly, I feel lucky that they'll even cover that much given they cover zip for fertility purposes.

NBP- you're right, it IS shocking. I still can't wrap my mind around it costing so significantly more than HT itself. I will definitely call Lori on Monday and see if there is anything I can do. I'd like to think they would want to keep my business- but at the end of the day, maybe the fee is the fee. Sigh. I dont know. I wish there were some easier way to a DD. This sucks.

Thanks for all of the support everyone. :-)

jils04
April 1st, 2012, 02:36 AM
Think they can do a payment plan for the cycle, hope they can fix this HSG cost

perrypop3
April 1st, 2012, 03:24 AM
Oh my gosh hfp, Im so sad to read this, my heart aches for you.

I really am in shock, thats crazy prices, speak to Lori, there has to be something that they can do to help, like you say it wlud be nice to think they want the business from a client they have history and experience with.

Good luck honey, really hope and pray for you that somehow your dreams don't stop here...its just not fair :(

massive hugs to you xx

HopingForPigtails
April 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks so much PP. I'm hoping there's something they can do as well. Just CRAZY how much money medicine costs.

Jils- by payment plan, you are referring to the HSG bill and not cycle costs, correct??

lisvna
April 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Wow what a story.....hugs!

Searching
April 28th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hoping.....was this before/after your cycle? Is a HSG the same as a Sono?

michaela
April 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
HSG is different and actually not what hoping had done. She had a hysteroscopy done which you are put under for and the procedure I had to remove my nonexistent scar tissue.

HSG is a hysterosalpingogram where they insert dye into your uterus/tubes to check for blockages and abnormalities in both the uterus and the tubes via X-ray.

SHG is the sono/fluid ultrasound where they inject saline into the uterus and only look for abnormalities in the uterus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HopingForPigtails
April 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Yup. Like Michaela said.

And I keep meaning to update we got it all settled. The financial woman at HRC helped get it all worked out!!

glory
May 18th, 2012, 03:17 AM
I can not believe they charge that much! It's insane, I wonder if it a case of they charge the max an insurance company would pay?