PDA

View Full Version : Why Did I Do This To Myself Again???

4BOYS
April 1st, 2012, 01:47 AM
Hi Everyone, so after returning from my 12w 5d ultrasound with some very boyish nub shots , i am sitting here asking myself "why did i do this to myself again" , when i am really honest with myself i didnt need to have another baby right now ,i just wanted a daughter right now( if that makes any sense?), me being pregnant again is having a big affect on the kids ive already got and i feel like such and idiot putting my family through this thinking swaying was going to get me a girl, as bad as it sounds i regret it all it was my last shot for a girl and i blew it , sorry just needing to vent :sad:

***I Just wanted to edit to say that i do believe swaying works so please dont think i am bashing swaying , i just think i screwed it up somewhere along the line

TTC5
April 1st, 2012, 02:05 AM
Big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

zibibbogirl
April 1st, 2012, 02:29 AM
Hi 4Boys. At 12 weeks it is very hard to tell with any certainty. There is a big chance of inaccuracy at this stage. I feel for you, I really do. Swaying can work and you did your best. Try to stay positive until you know for sure. Your feelings are completely understandable. Thinking of you.

Myloves
April 1st, 2012, 02:43 AM
:( Huge hugs, Mama xx

Princess of Pink
April 1st, 2012, 07:45 AM
Big hugs hon. I have been there and I know how you feel. If this is a boy you will adore him I promise!! Now that I actually have 5 girls I wouldn't have it any other way....back back when I found out that was a different story.

Irishmom
April 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
:LotsofLove: (((HUGS))) 4boys.xxxxx

4BOYS
April 1st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks ladies for all your support ,GD is a B**CH but over the last few hours i have slowly pulled myself away from the edge of the cliff so to speak, i just feel like an awful person about how i am feeling and what i wrote about my pregnancy ,I have been suffering awful HG that isnt ending and am just exausted and weak from the the never ending vomiting so i havnt felt very possitive about being pregnant again anyhow so today just kind of pushed me further , but after suffering GD for 10 years now i know that even though i will never get over it ,i will get through it , thanks again for the lovely replies they really helped:bighug:

lobella2
April 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM
I am so sorry:(

Mochagirl
April 1st, 2012, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this, 4BOYS :hugs:. I swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 and suffered GD then, and it's entirely possible I'll be back here looking for support myself after my gender scan on Thursday. You still have a chance of a girl, and I'll be praying you get one, but if you don't I know you'll adore your little guy. Once you know the gender for sure, naming him and buying him some special clothes might help - that's what helped get me through GD last time. GD is HORRIBLE and I wish you as speedy a recovery as possible :HH:.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2012, 12:15 PM
I am so sorry 4 boys. Wishing you the very very very best of luck and peace of mind. I hope you're feeling better soon.

girlmom
April 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
hun first we don't even know it is a boy, sure there is a possiabilty but its not set in stone yet. and 2nd i think its amazing 5 strong healthy boys. im stuggleing to have one. i didn't want 7 girls. we started our boy sway in 2002. 10 years of failed blue sways, only to get girl after girl after girl. i was heartbroken but i adore my daughters. hugging them makes everything better. i wouldn't trade any of them for 10 boys. once he/she is here and in his mama's arms you will feel so much better.
even though i got my desired gender this time i broke down for awhile. why did i do this? there isn't enough mom to go around? i can't take care of 6 children! my baby is 10 months old yesterday. it happens to the best of us. once this baby is older i promise you there is nothing better then watching your 5 kids playing together and happy.

pebmcpd7
April 1st, 2012, 06:02 PM
12 weeks is early, you might get a different answer at 20 weeks...

Cinss
April 1st, 2012, 07:14 PM
I agree 12 weeks is way early. Try not to be too upset about what might or might not be fact just yet.

fun family
April 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM
12 weeks is still way early. I know its so hard though. With my boys 1-3 I was totally fine with all boys...but with #4, I broke down and felt sad. Of course he is here now and the light up my life.

wilma_five
April 3rd, 2012, 03:16 AM
What are you doing here in the gender dissapointment section? ;)
YOU are on team GREEN, I've seen your nub shots and it's truly 50/50 for you!
I hope you have a gender scan in a couple of weeks and don't have to return to this part of the site ever again!!
:luck:

4BOYS
April 3rd, 2012, 03:35 AM
:
What are you doing here in the gender dissapointment section? ;)
YOU are on team GREEN, I've seen your nub shots and it's truly 50/50 for you!
I hope you have a gender scan in a couple of weeks and don't have to return to this part of the site ever again!!
:luck:

LOL ,yes i tend to get a head of myself when im upset , a few weeks back there was a baby sale so i put some boy/girl clothes on layby (the girl layby was slightly larger:wink:) well today in my moment of despair i cancelled the girl layby i was so upset and didnt want girl clothes on layby any longer, my DH told me i better hope this is a boy because im not going back to get the girls clothes at full price (i spent $300 with 50% off)

Anyway thanks again to everyone for all of the support i can only imagine how many women find peace here with all of the kind words :hug2:

Princess of Pink
April 3rd, 2012, 03:50 AM
I hope this is your girl hon I really, really do!! But if it's another sweet boy you will love him just as much as your first son. I felt like life was over when I found out about #5...I woke up from a deep sleep sobbing hysterically and couldn't stop the night I found out. I seriously felt like someone was dead, my chest physically hurt with a pain I had only experienced with my losses. My dream of a son was dead!! But 6 years ago (tomorrow morning at 4.46am to be exact) my DD#5 was born and I seriously fell in love. She was so much more special to me because I felt so guilty about my reaction to her gender. She is so loving and funny and everyone she meets absolutely adores her...I wouldn't exchange her for 4 boys now! And if you find out this one is a boy...I will be sending you massive hugs over cyber world to help ease that horrible pain....but months down the track know that you will adore him....

charlieispy
April 3rd, 2012, 04:07 AM
HUGE hugs hun x i truelly hope you get your girl everything crossed for you x I totally understand your post I feel the same about this pregnancy although I have totally lost hope in swaying now!

begonia
April 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Oh 4BOYS I'm so sorry ... GD is such a nightmare, I honestly wouldn't wish it on anyone. First let's all just keep FX the 12 week nub shot was misleading; it happens all.the.time so don't give up hope. But if not, if this is your next DS, I think you put it best yourself ... you'll get through it even if you don't get over it. And you'll have a bonus baby to love you for the rest of your life, can't beat that :hugs:

myGirl
April 3rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
4boys, I looked at your nub shot and I honestly don't see a boy nub. I am no expert, but the nub looking part looks to be parallel to the spine (spine is curved). I really don't think you can decide gender based on those shots at all! And even if you could, we have seen many opposites result from nub shots.

I am so sorry that you have such bad HG, I had it with 2 of my 3 pregnancies, it is just horrible! Add GD to it and it is a bad situation! Please take care and hang in there!! :heart:

mummyto4
April 6th, 2012, 07:52 AM
i would just like to send you lots of :hug2: i hope you get your little girl i'm hoping for a girl this time to x x x

Flava
April 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Im sorry you feel so sad . I feel the same and I don't even have gender I don't want another baby at all! That's all i can think of!It don't help that i feel no one understand me not even here. Feeling are feeling we can't help it.I wish we would feel different but i can't!
Your pic looks at least 50/50 if not pink , so don't give up yet.

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2012, 04:33 AM
4BOYS, first of all, I'm so jealous :( I want one, just one boy and you have four!
Second thing is, your nub looks girly to me and it seems it's pink season here, everybody is getting girls, I'm sure you'll be one of them! :HH:

4BOYS
April 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
4BOYS, first of all, I'm so jealous :( I want one, just one boy and you have four!
Second thing is, your nub looks girly to me and it seems it's pink season here, everybody is getting girls, I'm sure you'll be one of them! :HH:

oh hun im jealous of you ,i just want 1 girl and god knows what leanths id go to get one lol ,i think your lucky, i feel like as a woman i have failed cause i cant even produce one of my own kind :tissue:

nini
April 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
oh I am sorry, I am kind of in the same boat now wondering if I really shouldnt have waited a bit longer for another baby (this will be 3rd in 3 years), but the desire to have 2 girls close together was so strong....

I also found out at my 12 week scan its a boy and I found out at that gestation with all my kids. one of my nub shots looks like your first one, but I saw many more, better ones during my scan on the screen, only she didnt print them off. OB also confirmed boy.

Is this defintiely your last? What age gaps have you got and what age are you, if you dont mind me asking? I am thinking I might have another one in some years time, but first, I really want to get away from the girl desire....

4BOYS
April 10th, 2012, 05:01 AM
oh I am sorry, I am kind of in the same boat now wondering if I really shouldnt have waited a bit longer for another baby (this will be 3rd in 3 years), but the desire to have 2 girls close together was so strong....

I also found out at my 12 week scan its a boy and I found out at that gestation with all my kids. one of my nub shots looks like your first one, but I saw many more, better ones during my scan on the screen, only she didnt print them off. OB also confirmed boy.

Is this defintiely your last? What age gaps have you got and what age are you, if you dont mind me asking? I am thinking I might have another one in some years time, but first, I really want to get away from the girl desire....

Im sorry you didnt here what you wanted at the scan but if it helps my tech said that they had to stop doing the nub theory as there was so many opposites and her and the other head tech have been doing it for 20 years still got it wrong (it didnt give me any comfort but it might with you) she refused to even give me a pic of the nub so i dont know how that pic i posted slipped passed her :mad:
well the last couple of days i have come to the conclusion that i havnt come this far to not have a girl so if in fact this one does turn out to be a boy at the next scan , then i will do PGD when bubs is 12 months old , so im ok about it now ,but after finding and posting my other boys nub pics for TTC5 on her post and realising that my other boys nubs just looked nothing like this one (denial is great hey LOL) im still holding out hope that that the next ultrasound will suprise me, and if it dosnt then its no big deal as i will do PGD at a last resort :bigsmile:

nini
April 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM
aw, I hope they will sweetie. In my case, I know I saw a text book boy nub, 90 degrees many times and I know what my daughter looked like at the same gestation. There is no denying in my case. Its not the OB telling me, its me seeing it for myself. I have seen soooo many nubs and scans int he last 3 years, that I just know better htan the ob (who also said boy 90%). It doesnt mean yours is a boy, I am just saying, I know that mine is. I am not hoping to hear the opposite because I know better.

PGD was never an option for me, my husband would divorce me, thats for sure ;) And he is right, I already have a girl, so I really should get a grip.

In a way, you have consciously had 3 kids at this stage, with the added benefit of 1 set of twins (my secret dream ;) And you are even younger htan I am and you dont live in Europe (very little space here, average in most countries is 2 kids per family). Dh and I are open about where we will live so I dont really care. We are not a convential family anyway, my ds1 is from a previous relationship, we will have 4 or 5 kids perhaps, I dont care what people think anymore, we have crossed that line ages ago. I agree with you, it would be great if you could go ht and have that bit of guarantue... I would only have another baby with an age gap now. I would have to have extreme baby fever in case its another boy, I would have to want a baby sooo badly that I just would get over the gender... and my ds1 would have to be older as right now he still needs a lot of attention, but I think by the time he is like 15 (which will be when this current baby is 4) he will be more self sufficient, going to places by bike or bus (which all kids do here)...

When do you have anext scan?

Myloves
April 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
You never know, 4Boys :pray: surprises do happen!

4BOYS
April 10th, 2012, 07:40 AM
You never know, 4Boys :pray: surprises do happen!

lol well im not going in expecting a suprise and normaly i HATE suprises but in this instance i sure wont complain if i get one :bigsmile:

Myloves
April 10th, 2012, 07:43 AM
lol well im not going in expecting a suprise and normaly i HATE suprises but in this instance i sure wont complain if i get one :bigsmile:

:pray::pray: for you to get your girl!!!

Flava
April 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Great that you are ok now with this pregnancy. Hopefully it's a girl and you don't have to do PGD.
We have no way to go high tech because we have no money. So this sway was the last try.
Also Im so tired really no way I want to do more babys.

4BOYS
April 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Yep this was spose to be my last also ,for many reasons but mostly i wanted to be done being pregnant and sick and c sections and i have felt for a while i am done having kids but knowing i can do the PGD is the only thing stopping me from falling apart at the moment knowing that even if i have failed i have a saftey net in place (if that makes any sense)

Flava
April 10th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah sure I get it it makes you feel better to think of that. It's like others when they say no more kids this is the last one and the sway don't work and they start talking about one more lol.
That's what I did too ...I would never had this many kids if I didn't have this crazy boy idea.

4BOYS
April 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
no me either not 5 kids possibly 6 , mind you DH always wanted 6 LOL