PDA

View Full Version : 3 girls & wanting a boy so badly...

TexasMommy
April 1st, 2012, 09:21 AM
I have 3 little girls...Kaylee (almost 4), Kennedy (2), & Khloe (4 months old tomorrow)...I love them more than life itself & idk what I would do without any of them..but im longing for a sweet baby boy. When I was pregnant with #3, i was SO sure it was a boy...and she turned out to be a girl...i found out at 18wks & went thru a lot of gender disappointment...i was unable to get her a name until I was 30 wks pregnant bc I just couldnt fall in love with another girl name. I felt horrible after she was born tho, for the way id felt. My other 2 girls look just like their daddy, & Khloe looks identical to me & it was ovbious she did right away. Everyone in the hospital talked about how much she looked like me. When I finally held her, I looked at her looking so much like me, & remembered how Id cried the days after the ultrasound when we found out it was ANOTHER girl. I think my husband felt like he wasnt "man", because he kept saying "maybe he just didnt make boys" & "he sorry he couldnt give me a son"......So now 4 months later...I love my Khloe so very much, she still looks just like me. But even tho she is still a baby, i find myself thinking about......#4. And that doesnt seem fair to her. I feel like im wishing away her baby stages. It seems like everyone I know that has 2 girls, got a boy out of #3. A girl I know, has a girl with one ex-boyfriend, a second girl with another ex-boyfriend, & found out last night she is having a BOY with her new boyfriend. 3 babies by 3 different daddies. She gets her boy..while im married, take care of my kids 24/7. I feel so selfish. I know many women that cant have babies...& thats when I feel horrible about the way I feel. God has blessed me with 3 beautiful & healthy little girls..& i truly am thankful for that. But I feel like my life will never be complete unless I have a son...& it seems wrong to me to keep trying just to get a boy. We didnt sway or anything with #3..but are planning to start TTC #4 sometime next year..most likely next summer, & we plan to sway. But ive seen women on here that sway & their sway fails. So im already worrying about a failed sway for #4 :( Can anyone relate to feeling this way? :-/

Myloves
April 1st, 2012, 08:41 PM
:hugs: I can relate to you, TexasM. I remember feeling anxious to have another baby after my second boy born, and how bad I felt because I wished his babyhood would hurry up and pass so I could try for another. (Turns I didn't rush his baby months - he was nearly four when my third baby was born). But before you sway, as yourself if your really sure you'll be happy with an extra kid - even if it does turn out to be another girl.

I hope you get your boy, dear :awe:! Take every bit of blue dust for the future.

nuthinbutpink
April 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM
It's hard right now, I know. I decided to do HT for number 4 and I started planning when I found out about DD3 at 20 weeks. I googled looking for information about being sad after having 3 daughters. I began researching after I found out it was an option so you are definitely not the only one that has felt that way!

Take your time, look at your options and try not to lose yourself in this too much.

auroara78
April 2nd, 2012, 12:00 PM
My second son was born on April 29 2011.

I got pregnant again with number 3 on December 25 2011.

Sound like rushing to you?

I will find out what number 3 is the same week DS2 turns 1. I know it is going to sting quite a bit that I rushed and rushed this preg. through if I end boy again when baby boy turns 1, because I know I could have been smarter and waited. I feel now that I rushed DS2's babyhood away with all my reading about swaying.

I started reading about swaying starting late last Aug/early Sept and by late Dec. when I had my attempt, I was almost frenized about it, that I had to do it *NOW* or else!

Still, I think we are meant to have our children we borne. I do believe wholeheartedly that when/if you sway and you put 100% into it, you may have your baby boy then, and that was his *time* to be born, iykwim?

I know how you feel about your girls, it's how I feel about my boys. I sure would not be without a single one of them, but I cannot stop myself from dreaming about the baby girl I've had in my head since I was a kid. I sometimes look at my boys, startled by how handsome they are, but then wonder: how exactly did I have these two boys?

girlmom
April 2nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
we have 5 girls. i know disappointed you feel, trust me. however now im having a little boy. it will happen sooner or later, you just have to decide how many girls you are willing to go through.

Zivic-Bubac
April 9th, 2012, 04:38 PM
it will happen sooner or later, you just have to decide how many girls you are willing to go through.Unfortunately, for some families it never happens.
there is a blog about family of 8 boys, The Marathon Mom and IRL, my friends mom is from a family of 8 girls, no boys. Interesting thing is, they all had pigeon pair, perfect split of 8 girls and 8 boys.

TTC5
April 9th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Understand completely, I have 4 girls xx

KnockYourBallsOff
April 9th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I understand too. I think you have to bite the bullet and hope that in the process you can work through all the emotions. That's what I'm going through now. Just working through the dream for a girl, but the reality of another son. We're here for ya!

starsky
May 23rd, 2012, 05:17 AM
i understand

starsky
May 23rd, 2012, 05:17 AM
no matter what you should be happy

starsky
May 23rd, 2012, 05:18 AM
best of luck to you

aftmjt
May 29th, 2012, 06:39 PM
i feel the same have 3 gorgeous girls and was so upset when found out number 3 was another girl, but now i wouldnt be without her, im looking and researching sawying boy so much to TTC next year, and i keep thinking what if it fails, i would do anything to hold a son

cravingsalt
June 4th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Looking back, that's what I did with my first baby. He was seven months old and we were pregnant again- with DS2. You are not alone! Now the boys are 3 and 2- they are beautiful and so much- yet I still can't stop thinking about another. This will be our last try for the little girl I've always wanted. I don't know if this makes you feel any better but if I saw you walking around Target with your brood I'd be green with envy.

All my blue dust to you, trade you for some pink!

pink carol
June 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
For DS1 I did not sway. Had never heard of swaying! And I was so sure it would be a girl that it never crossed my mind I could bear a boy. When the scan revealed his jewels I was devastated but still thought, well I have a second chance.
Two weeks ago the scan for the baby in my womb showed another boy and I was doubly devastated because DH was hard enough to convince for a second child, let alone for a third. I have not brought up the issue with him yet, but I have this deep yearning in my heart to have the girl. I feel my family is still incomplete. Besides, I did a brilliant girl sway, not according to LE diet, which I think could make the difference, but when I think of the Aci-jel and Sylk and the Vital ion bracelet that I had sent over from Australia, the Ki-flow bracelet and the rose quartz trinkets I ridiculously donned all over me, the ionisers, the lavender products... I felt soooo stupid, first thing I did on coming home was throw everything into the dustbin.
I know I will love DS2 the minute I see him like I do my five-year old son. I love my son with my life and would not change for the hundred most beautiful girls in the world.
I never thought my sway could fail since the habits of my friends with girls seemed to confirm every single detail I chose. But then it did. And then, when the moment comes, I intend to talk to hubby about a third child and try again. Of course I'm afraid to fail, but I feel I have to try. If you're sure all you want is a BOY and not another child, then you should not try. It's a risk and you'll have to live with your decision. Otherwise, who knows! This time it might work... Blue dust from here too!!

msnansielee
June 15th, 2012, 08:12 PM
i am feeling how u are right now. i have 2 girls and currently pregnant and i want a boy soooooooooo bad, all my dreams, if i see baby its' always a boy... i'm soooooooooooooo scared to find out the gender because i already know i will be soooo disappointed/sad if its another girl.... i have no clue what to do with myself right now...... sigh...... i'm just crosing fingers and praying for a boy.....

pink carol
June 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, msnansilee, it's an awful place to be. Of course we should be happy just to know that the babies we're carrying are in good health when so many mums in the world are mourning the loss of a child or looking after a child with a terminal illness. It feels so selfish!
In time, we'll put everything into perspective, I know, but for the time being we are entitled to dream of having the child of the gender of your dreams. Hope you see blue!

Jenneilbluebell
June 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM
sending huge hugs i feel exactly the same but i have boys and dream for girl xxxxxx

Maybeaboyinthefuture?
August 7th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I feel the same way.. Just had my third girl,already planning to try PGD next summer,if we can afford it... If not we will try shettles ,but not swaying...i think from what i have been reading,that timing is important.. Good luck to you :)

Mrs_P
August 8th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Maybe - just wanted to say hi and i know how you feel (only in reverse i have 3 boys) shame we couldn't swap and surrogate for each other if it seems we are to be prone to opposites LOL

Please do not put all your hopes on timing though. I have tried everything possible to get a DD that way and it really doesn't work, i got my boys regardless of the timing. Have you tried atomics swaying plan, i haven't read the boy version but the stuff she recommends to conceive a girl really do make sense and are the complete opposites of my lifestyle.

With my boys we always dtd every couple of days (and have conceived boys at anything from 3 day cut off to day of o) and had multiple attempts that month. I lost weight through exercising and tried to get healthy before conceiving, took prenatal vits, ate a really good diet. We seem to have done the opposite of everything atomic recomends for a girl so really think theres something in it. Have you tried the boy sway.

I think HT is great though if you can afford it and can go through it. I looked (as we desperately want a daughter) but it was working out to be a minimum of £10,000 for a cycle in cyprus (Genesis - which after hours of research i found to be the best in europe). We decided it was just too much money and the chances of getting pregnant were too slim. I spent months looking and went through hundreds of girls tries but the chances of producing enough eggs, then getting the right gender and quality embryos and then actually getting one to stick were not that high. Some girls went through a cycle with nothing to transfer at the end. We decided we could not afford that sort of money (without borrowing it and the idea of being in debt with no baby to show for it was just too much for my hubby) and that it was too much emotional upset to go through. But there are some great girls on here who are happy to share stories.

Anyway good luck with whatever you do, if there are any questions you want to pose to a boy mom please feel free (would love to help as you can see from signature i have more than enough experience) and although its in reverse i really do understand what your going through

Hrk1980
August 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM
you should feel happy but i think its normal to prefer one sex to other, i dont even know what im having but convinced its a boy as everyone on here says so and so do all my friends ( and i really want a girl and feel guilty for feeling like this . My partner has a little girl - so all his family want him to have a boy , but i only want one child as my fella 41 :( oh well ill live with the guilt and m sure i will love it soon as it arrives as evryone says xx

lisa3delta
September 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM
wow we have so much in common, right down to the first two looking their dads and the last one looking like us! just enjoy your little one while you can and TTC at the same time! you can always do both. Thats what im doing anyway, also i have the same fears about swaying as you, in fact i am not even going to bother with it. I wont feel bad if i end up with a girl or have any regret about not swaying because i just dont believe in it.

We are right now TTC number 4 and i desperately hope for a boy, but i would be ok with a girl. its not like i dont want another girl, its that i want to experience a son and one more is IT for us!

so go for it! and dont worry, youre not alone with your feelings! thats why this forum is here, dont you just love it!