PDA

View Full Version : what brand or type of magnesium or cranberry are best?

Coccinelle33
January 22nd, 2011, 02:15 AM
i have seen soooo many.

Coccinelle33
January 22nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
bump

Pixiedoll
January 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
look at the Solgar Range on line for Cal+Mag Citrate-they're what I used and are fantastic quality. As for cranberry I just used whatever was strongest I could find! GL x

lindi
January 22nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
I found a plain carlson's liquid calcium pill- NO vit D, but no magnesium- I take one in addition to my calcium magnesium (non liquid) because this was the best combo I could find that would be absorbable but no Vit D or zinc. The only problem is the carlson's is a gelatin pill- which raises testosterone but its soooo little I think its ok.

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Yes, that is a miniscule amount of gelatin in the pill. No worries.

The cran that I like is the Sunkist brand and I have taken it from time to time to help with UTIs (I did not take cran for swaying).

For swaying, have you considered using baby aspirin instead of cran? It does acidify you without the additional nutrients of cran.

lindi
January 22nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
what the equivalent amount of baby asprin to cranberry?

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Just take one baby aspirin a day. More can cause bleeding.

queen-of-harts
June 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Can that small amount of asprin acidify just as good as cran?

Kiesse
June 17th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Ok can someone actually tell me what the difference is between baby asprin and normal asprin? sorry for my dumbness!

jude17
June 18th, 2011, 03:28 AM
We can get 2 types here = see below, its a low dose aspirin. I have asked in another thread what dose people take as I wasn't sure if it really matters what strength you take i.e. 75 or 100mg?? I think I will take aspirin instead of cranberry? I also think you can buy it from supermarkets and that signature range does a budget version which should be fine as long as it doesn't have anything else added to it?

Heartcare Aspirin 75mg
Cartia 100mg Aspirin

P.S I have found the Solgar calcium-magnesium pills. I am going to compare them to Calcifort (has vit D though which isn't the best for a girl sway??) and see what is better value. But as the Solgar pills are citrate based they may be better. Have you decided on what ca/mg pills you will take yet?

jude17
June 18th, 2011, 03:47 AM

Yes can someone please tell us if aspirin is just as good as cranberry to lower pH. I am trying to decide if I will use aspirin instead of cranberry?? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM

Yes, and some people have had BETTER results with the baby aspirin. If you are concerned, monitor pH to make sure.

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Ok can someone actually tell me what the difference is between baby asprin and normal asprin? sorry for my dumbness!

It is just a lower dose of regular aspirin. One tablet is 75-81 milligrams depending on brand. It's orange and chewable and when I was a girl (10 million years ago) that's what my mom gave me when I had a fever rather than Tylenol. Don't give it to kids, though, because it can cause a very very rare syndrome in children.

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2011, 04:45 PM
We can get 2 types here = see below, its a low dose aspirin. I have asked in another thread what dose people take as I wasn't sure if it really matters what strength you take i.e. 75 or 100mg?? I think I will take aspirin instead of cranberry? I also think you can buy it from supermarkets and that signature range does a budget version which should be fine as long as it doesn't have anything else added to it?

Heartcare Aspirin 75mg
Cartia 100mg Aspirin

P.S I have found the Solgar calcium-magnesium pills. I am going to compare them to Calcifort (has vit D though which isn't the best for a girl sway??) and see what is better value. But as the Solgar pills are citrate based they may be better. Have you decided on what ca/mg pills you will take yet?

75 is plenty and you may not even want to take that much if you find it makes you prone to bleeding (cran can cause bleeding too, so don't decide to switch to cran if the aspirin makes you bruise/bleed - the cran will do the same thing.) If you do find yourself having heavy periods or bruising, start taking it every other day, even once or twice a week will help. That type of bleeding can actually KILL you by causing bleeding in your stomach and brain, so don't just keep taking it.

I would def. avoid Vit. D for a pink sway because it raises testosterne. However on other sites, they suggest taking the Vit. D. Use your best judgement.