PDA

View Full Version : RepHresh and cm?

Kimmy5
April 1st, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hello! First, I want to say a heartfelt thank-you to Atomic and the other knowledgeable members here who have established this site as an amazing resource (and source of hope!) for those of us trying to sway.

I have 2 ds (4.5 and almost 2) and am preparing for an April or May pink sway...have been on a moderate LE diet for nearly three weeks and have lost 6lbs so far. We're planning FR and 2 day cutoff, with Zyrtec and possibly RepHresh. I stopped taking my daily multivitamin and fish oil and may add some aspertame products approaching ovulation, but am not planning to use any other supplements since I'm still nursing my toddler.

I've been using TCOYF fertility awareness as birth control for almost 8 years and feel pretty confident about predicting/interpreting cm changes leading up to ovulation. My question is about how RepHresh relates to cm: For those of us attempting a cutoff, will using RepHresh disguise the changes in cm leading up to O, so that it will be tough to pinpoint when the cutoff should happen? If I have to choose, which would be more important for the sway: achieving the 2 day cutoff or ensuring a lower pH with the RepHresh?

Thank you so much for any input!

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks so much!! And welcome! Glad to have you 'with' us! :)

RepHresh can def. mask some changes but if you've been doing TCYOF for 8 years, you should be able to look past that and still figure out your cutoff. Honestly I'd be more concerned about the Zyrtec drying up CM than

I actually don't believe in timing anyway so my advice is almost always for everyone to use RepHresh and BD at positive OPK - you get a slight cutoff but still in the ideal fertility window, plus it's stress free with no guesswork.

The other option, if you get a fade in the day before pos OPK, you can BD that day and hope it's a 2 day cutoff.

With Zyrtec and RepHresh, your odds of getting pg with a much longer cutoff than 2 days is slim anyway. Low pH and dry CM is not conducive to sperm survival.

Here's my essay about why I do not believe timing sways - hope it helps! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks so much!! And welcome! Glad to have you 'with' us! :)

RepHresh can def. mask some changes but if you've been doing TCYOF for 8 years, you should be able to look past that and still figure out your cutoff. Honestly I'd be more concerned about the Zyrtec drying up CM than

I actually don't believe in timing anyway so my advice is almost always for everyone to use RepHresh and BD at positive OPK - you get a slight cutoff but still in the ideal fertility window, plus it's stress free with no guesswork.

The other option, if you get a fade in the day before pos OPK, you can BD that day and hope it's a 2 day cutoff.

With Zyrtec and RepHresh, your odds of getting pg with a much longer cutoff than 2 days is slim anyway. Low pH and dry CM is not conducive to sperm survival.

Here's my essay about why I do not believe timing sways - hope it helps! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

Kimmy5
April 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks for your fast reply! I hadn't even thought about using an OPK since I've relied on cm for so long -haha! I'll have to pick some up and, like you said, stop worrying about the timing aspect. Yay!
Your essays are excellent. Thanks again!

atomic sagebrush
April 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
You're very welcome and please feel free to ask about any further questions! :)

Butterfly Spirit
May 21st, 2012, 12:50 AM
Hi ladies, question. I have pain and pressure on the left side again though not like yesterday...and I'm wondering if it's okay to insert a tube a RepHresh just incase hubby wants to BD again and I haven't Oed yet. The sperm in the vagina don't live very long do they? Only the ones that make it through the cervix?

atomic sagebrush
May 21st, 2012, 11:19 AM
Yes, that's fine but just try to make sure you have a good 8-12 hours between using the RepHresh and when you DTD.