PDA

View Full Version : OPK help please - picture attached

abitcurious
April 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
I've heard that if any part of the test line on a OPK is as dark as the control line then it's a +ve. In all my tests I get a VERY THIN strip on the very left hand side of the test line that seems to me to be as dark as the control line. Would you think that these are +ve? Many thanks for you help.

Cinss
April 3rd, 2012, 03:23 AM
yeah these kinds of tests sometimes do that to me too. I would say looking at these pics, the green one in the middle, labled cd26 is the +.

TTC5
April 3rd, 2012, 03:46 AM
I would say your very close but not quite there yet!

Princess of Pink
April 3rd, 2012, 03:59 AM
I don't know...for months my tests looked like that around O and I thought that was my + and stopped testing...this past cycle I tested every day through my cycle and actually got a proper + like they say it should be 4 days after when I thought I O'ed. I would say it's coming but not here yet. Do you temp? Thats the only real way to know when you O.

Boompink
April 3rd, 2012, 05:45 AM
I'm not sure any of these are positive, I get tests that look like this all the time, they look 'almost' positive to me. I've switched to the clearblue smiley face kind, even though they are soooo expensive, it takes away the doubt. I have also tested the chepa ones alongside these and when the cheap ones look 'almost' positive, the clearblue has no smiley face. Hope that helps!

abitcurious
April 3rd, 2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to just keep testing and see what happens. Perhaps, i started to 'surge' but it's just not quite there yet. This is my first month of temping and so far my temps have been around the 36.5 degrees mark so no temp rises yet. You can see from my picture that I tried 2 different tests. The green tests are IC and the other test is a more expensive first response store test. Both tests showed the same thin dark strip on the LHS of the test line. I'm eager to see what my temps do in the morning. How much should they rise by? I'm starting to think that it just hasn't happened yet but I'm getting close. I'll just keep testing and keep you all posted. Thanks for your replies. They are MUCH appreciated. :)

Princess of Pink
April 3rd, 2012, 07:18 AM
They will dip when you O then rise...so if they have been around the same temp at least you know you haven't missed it! I got sick of trying to read the 2 line kind and have invested in the smiley face tests too...got a 20 pack off evilbay for the same price shipped from the US express as I can buy a 7 pack here.

abitcurious
April 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks Princess of Pink. I kept testing with the IC opks today and got a definate +ve at 9.30pm tonight. I got some digital OPKs today and took one at 12.30pm which was -ve and another at 9.30pm which was :).

So... I think the ICs do work for me and I just need to keep persisting with them once I see the fade in until I get a definite +ve. I've attached a pic for you of tonight's +ve tests (both IC and digital) I now need to monitor my cx and cm closely to try and figure out when I'm at O+12. I wish you luck with your attempts.