PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on using spemricides to reduce sperm count and sway pink please

Another princess
January 22nd, 2011, 06:42 AM
I am interested in using spermicides as part of my sway to reduce sperm count and wondering if anyone has tried this method? Did they get pregnant and what was the gender? Could the spermicide actually raise cm ph? Has anyone ever tested this? Was thinking of using the spermicide when bding frm end of AF and when bding daily up until 4 days b4 ovulation and then for the last one or two bds (to a 2-3 cut off) not use it. I thought that this would be effective because we would be lowering sperm count with frequent bding and by using the spermicide we would be reducing the number of sperm waiting for the egg to arrive, but by bding without the spermicide for the last bd my DH sperm count will already be low, however we wouldnt be reducing our chances of pregnancy to much unlike we possibly would if used for every bd.KWIM? Any help is much appreciated. thanks

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Yes, people have tried it and gotten pregnant and some scientific data has indicated more girls than boys are born after spermicide failure.

Two of my friends did just get pregnant while using spermicide, one had a girl after 4 boys and one did have a 3rd boy.

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/cgi/reprint/78/3/260.pdf

My thinking is, whether or not it raises pH, the data supports that it IS probably a good idea because of the sperm count angle and possibly other factors that we do not yet understand.

I think your plan is very intriguing and using the spermicide in the days leading up to O may help even if you don't use it around O day.

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm interested in the spermicide thing too. I will be using a fingertip on O day and the days leading up to O....

Another princess
January 22nd, 2011, 09:00 PM
I'm interested in the spermicide thing too. I will be using a fingertip on O day and the days leading up to O....

Thanks for the reply ladies. Jojogirl what brand will you use? and are you going to bd through O this time then? i remember you saying you got your daughter with a cut off.

Jojogirl
January 22nd, 2011, 09:15 PM
yes, my dd was result of a cut off. I think I will avoid O day the first few months but because time is not on my side, I will give up after a few months of that and just bd through O. I use a suppository brand from walmart. I want to find some in a tube so it lasts longer. I think I get 10 tubes per box now?? Not a lot! Plus, once it's open, I don't know how well it's preserved so I end up wasting a lot with only using a fingertip.

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Well we may be about to get a test because I DTD with a spermicide suppository Friday night and woke up Saturday morning with EWCM! :oops: I've ovulated 2 times in the last 3 1/2 years so I wasn't being real super careful!! :sigh: Don't tell my husband or he will never come near me again! He will KILL me if I'm pregnant. Not literally, no one dial 911 or anything :rofl:

Supposedly the spermicide only lasts for an hour after application but I think that just means it's not RELIABLE longer than that because it gets thinned out by vaginal secretions Since we don't really want to prevent pregnancy we don't CARE if it's reliable. I think it's actually pretty clever to use it in the days before O because some of the Nonoxynol 9 will stay behind (people have had allergic reactions to oral sex many days after spermicide usage, even with showering, so it is clear that the N9 is left behind in some concentration.) May help, can't hurt.

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Oh speaking of which J - be sure to test the spermicide in a less delicate area, to make sure that you guys aren't allergic to it! That would be the WORST!!

Jojogirl
January 23rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
it does sting. I can't tell if I'm allergic or not. It's not comfortable and actually makes me feel like I can get a UTI from it. Knowing me, I'm probably allergic!

WantingButWaiting
January 23rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
It never stings me. I use VCF.

Jojogirl
January 24th, 2011, 01:16 PM
maybe I'll switch to those. The gel seems very strong for me.

Coccinelle33
January 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM
vcf?

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Vaginal contraceptive film

Jojogirl
January 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I know another girl who conceived a little girl using the VCF's. I really want to give them a go!

Coccinelle33
February 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM
anyone know what the ph of this stuff is? can it damage sperm dna? i was going to use it up until the days im trying but i was thinking about maybe using a TINY TINY bit before or after bd on the days that i am?

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
I've been trying to get a straight answer on what the pH of spermicide is for days now and I can't really find anything. What I do know is, it's probably a lot less than semen is!!

Spermicides have been investigated and found not to cause birth defects.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198708203170804

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1370/is_v20/ai_4375695/

http://www.drdonnica.com/articles/00004116.htm

Another princess
February 1st, 2011, 11:48 PM
Im really interested in using spermicide too. My Plan is to use a tiny pea size amount of cream or gel spermicide on the frequent bds after AF and then possibly not use any for the final bd b4 a 2-3 day cut off. I am interested in the ph too. I also want to use Acijel and possibly sylk but am worried that this is going to be to much with a mix of them all together.

Coccinelle33
February 2nd, 2011, 12:20 AM
Im really interested in using spermicide too. My Plan is to use a tiny pea size amount of cream or gel spermicide on the frequent bds after AF and then possibly not use any for the final bd b4 a 2-3 day cut off. I am interested in the ph too. I also want to use Acijel and possibly sylk but am worried that this is going to be to much with a mix of them all together.

ditto

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2011, 12:23 PM

fiknnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyydggggxxxxxxxxxxllllllllld dddddddddffffffffffffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioo ooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Hahaha, Tate had some opinions about this issue apparently. Sorry I thought that was so cute I can't bring myself to delete it! ;)

I DEFINITELY think that there is such a thing as overkill in swaying. I think it matters what the rest of your plan is. Example - if you're going to do frequent BD, you will need to have a different strategy than a person who is abstaining.

Spermicide ~to me~ seems more proven than pH and in fact I think that's how pH sways, by acting as a spermicide. Women in Africa actually use lemon and lime juice and acidic soda drinks as birth control methods. Low pH and spermicide ARE in essence the same thing, performing the same function. On the other hand, we have much more experience and knowledge about using low pH to sway, spermicide is more a great unknown in how much to use, when and where.

So I would say, if you're worried about too much of a good thing, it may be better to use low pH OR spermicide, not both. But if you're not in a terrible hurry to get pg and want to play around with both, it can only HELP your sway. Neither spermicide nor low pH sways blue, this we do know.

Sylk, I put in a different category because it also helps with the vaginal dryness. I think Sylk could have a part to play in EVERYONE's pink sway.

crystal-light
February 2nd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Sylk, I put in a different category because it also helps with the vaginal dryness. I think Sylk could have a part to play in EVERYONE's sway.

So do you think it would help sway more pink or more blue?

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
So do you think it would help sway more pink or more blue?

Sylk def. sways pink. Has low pH and the company itself states that it is hostile to sperm. And people we actually KNOW have had success using it.

Big thumbs up to Sylk.

When I say a part in everyone's sway, I mean everyone who's swaying PINK. Blue swayers, AVOID Sylk and go with Pre-Seed or egg white instead.

crystal-light
February 3rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks!

pinksapphire
February 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm allergic to N9 and years back when I used a diaphragm, I had to use the one spermicide that was out there compatible w/ diaphragm use that did NOT contain it. I wonder if it's just as effective if I'm going to use it for swaying in the future...??? I guess if it worked in keeping me from getting PG back then when I was in my 20's, then it will do its job for swaying.