PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest dpo for implantation?

Lassie1982
April 5th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Hi,

What is the latest dpo for implantation? And how soon after implantation itself does one get implant bleed/spotting - hours or days?

I have seen many answers on the Internet regarding implantation, ranging from 4-12 dpo and am unsure of which sources are most correct so thought I would ask here.

I'm either 10 or 11 dpo and noticed what I think could be implant spotting, so I'm trying to ascertain if it *could* be implant bleed or wether its too late in the cycle for it to be implantation (my cycles are 28 days)

Hope it's not a silly question!

Thank you!

mydream
April 5th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I am not totally sure... But I do think you could have a bean that implants a little later. I hope so!!!

prayforprincess
April 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
It is very unlikely that an embryo would implant on day 4. It takes roughly 5 days to become a blast, and then it need to hatch before it implants. Earliest it can implant is 5dpo, but more likely 6dpo to be realistic. The range for implantation is 6-12dpo -- most likely though, it will implant 6-9dpo.
You can see implantation spotting any time after implantation. It might be a day or two after, even later. It is generally a tiny bit of spotting lasting usually a day or less and is brownish in color. Can be pinkish. If you see red bleeding it is unlikely implantation spotting and is a sign of "active" bleeding.

prayforprincess
April 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
If you are 11dpo today you can definitely test by 14dpo. That will give you a pretty accurate know of whether ur pg or not. Good luck!

Lassie1982
April 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks so much for that detailed info!!

Just got to wait now I suppose!

Will keep you posted :)