PDA

View Full Version : We have 2 embies, One 8 and One 10 cell grade 4 embies........

believinginblue
April 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Just finished the first part of my cycle at CHR. the embryologist called and said we only got 2 embies but they were great quality. still have to do PGD. Has anyone had such a small number and still got their desired gender????

nuthinbutpink
April 5th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Hi there. I know there have been a couple on here that have had this happen and still found success. It is just up to lady luck now! Can you batch?

believinginblue
April 5th, 2012, 05:08 PM
not to sound dumb.... but what is batch?? :)

nuthinbutpink
April 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
You cycle again and wait to do and pay for PGD with a bigger number of embryos to increase your odds of a transfer.

With 2 embryos, it is really just up to luck- health and gender. How old are you?

nuthinbutpink
April 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I just read back and saw that your FSH was 14. This is what happened to me my first try but I cancelled instead of going to ER with only a couple of follicles. Unfortunately, the FSH showed its ugly head this cycle. I tried DHEA and things improved for me along with a change in meds. If you push forward, it can still work as long as you have embryos still kicking!

believinginblue
April 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I am 34. I had 6 eggs but 3 were immature. 3 were icsi then I ended up with 2 in the end. I did an atagonist short protocol. and by the time i was close my fsh was down to 6. I am thinking about doing another cycle, but I am freezing for a few months because I have to have a little minor operation first. I am trying to decide if I should pray for luck or be on the safe side! How many embryos did you end up with?

believinginblue
April 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
sorry just read it!

nuthinbutpink
April 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM
The second cycle I had 10 embryos fertilize. 8 should guarantee a transfer. Anything under that and you need luck on your side. At 34, it is disappointing to only have 2 fertilize. I think a change in protocol and/or dosage and meds could help.

believinginblue
April 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I know you are well versed..... What do you think would be a better protocol for me?