PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun: My Girl Pregnancy Symptoms

Mochagirl
April 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hey ladies, now that I know I'm having a girl, I thought I'd share what my pregnancy symptoms have been this time around. I know there's very little basis for OWTs and they can vary so much between individuals, but I also know I was intensely curious before my gender scan and enjoyed reading about everyone else's pregnancy symptoms to see if there was any sign I was having a girl. So please no one take this seriously and worry about what it means for them - it's just for fun:

-my boobs grew enormous almost immediately and are still sore now at 16 weeks
-I'm carrying way higher than I did for my boys - even though I have quite a large belly I can still just do up my pre-pregnancy jeans
-although I'm carrying high, my belly is wide not all out in front - I've gained weight all over
-I've had bad acne beginning in the 2nd trimester - my entire forehead is covered in tiny bumps
-I ovulated on the night of a New Moon
-I ovulated on the left, confirmed by u/s
-I've been craving fruit and sweets like there's no tomorrow and am rarely interested in meat (though to be fair I craved fruit with all of my pregnancies)
-heartbeat has been high - 170 when I first started hearing it at 9 weeks, and now consistently about 159-60. My boys were all in the 140s.
-no real m/s - just slightly nauseous if I let myself get too hungry - easily solved by eating constantly :oops:

If I think of any more I'll add them!

auroara78
April 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I love this Mocha!!

The ones that I have that match yours are my boobs are bigger, and mine NEVER get bigger when preg. I was a B the entire preg with Quinten & Evan (DS2) and now I'm only 16 weeks but needed a cup C because my cup is runneth over! LOL

I also ovulated in new moon

I am also carrying higher and currently today at 16 week and 5 day wearing my low slung jeans on casual Friday to work where with my boys I was too low for that and could NOT wear anything but maternity pants at this stage. So here's hoping there is a little truth to that!

I have little acne bumps around my chin lower jaw, so annoying...my skin is usually very clear.

I'm still mostly off meat (chicken still makes me want to vomit or vomit, even at 16 weeks), craving fruit (I did crave fruit with DS1 too) but totally off chocolate. Still love ice cream though :oops:

I know this is just for fun. Thanks for posting!

Hope other ladies chime in!

daisynov
April 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks for this Mocha!! I too have put weight on all over and am carrying wide unlike all out front with my DS. I have acne and have had all day sickness since 4 weeks; had none whatsoever with my Son. As you say its fun to compare! Ill update when I find out gender on Saturday 14th!!!! :eek: xx

Oh also have huge boobies!! And craving fruit (strawberries) and chocolate xx

Indira
April 6th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks for sharing Mocha!

My only match are the boobs, sore and BIG.
No acne, my bumb looks exactly like with DS1 and DS2, well my bottom also grew this time but thatīs just from recovering from LE diet I think.
Cravings, mmm, I always crave childhood food in pregnancy this time as well. I ate a lot of chocolate in the beginning but now I canīt stand the thought.
This is the first pregnancy I have migraines and vomited-however this started before I got pregnant so it doesnīt really count.
Heartbeat was 148 and 150 with the boys, now it was 157 at 22 weeks.
Ah, who knows, who knows....
I know itīs just for fun, I love that others obsess over this with me!
Auroara i love your sonsīnames, I might take inspiration :)

What about the placenta Mocha?

Mochagirl
April 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I never found out about placenta placement - I asked at my 8 week scan but they wouldn't tell me.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I had no m/s really at all. I just felt a little ill first thing in the morning until I ate something and if I got too hungry later in the day. Easily solved by eating constantly! :oops: I didn't throw up even once and I think I only gagged maybe once or twice. I've had no food aversions.

Zivic-Bubac
April 7th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I just wanted to say: huge congratulations on your baby girl!!!! :HH:

zanacal
April 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
This was the only pregnancy I got really big and really sore boobs in the first trimester - nuthinbutpink had a thread a while back about how there was some science to support bigger boobs in a girl pregnancy. I'll see if I can find a link!

I've also been spottier than in previous pregnancies and my hair fell out for around the first 5 or 6 months. I was queasy for the first trimester but not sick - but with the boys I wasn't even queasy.

wantingson
April 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
thanks Mocha,

Also is ur left boobs bigger than ur right? this was one of the OWT.

Mochagirl
April 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I don't think there's a difference but I'll check them out in more detail when I get undressed tonight :bigsmile:

Myloves
April 9th, 2012, 08:36 PM
The biggest difference between my girls' pregnancy and my boys was the size of my boobs. With ds1 I had small boobs, ds2 same but with DD I was HUGE! At least Dh loved them ;).

wantingson
April 10th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I don't think there's a difference but I'll check them out in more detail when I get undressed tonight :bigsmile:

lol Thanks Mocha.

Also can you check this chinese gender chart thelaboroflove.com this will automatically calculate ur lunar age. so u just have to enter ur actual age & conceived month.

Mochagirl
April 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM
lol Thanks Mocha.

Also can you check this chinese gender chart thelaboroflove.com this will automatically calculate ur lunar age. so u just have to enter ur actual age & conceived month.

Hmm...that particular chart told me this baby's a girl, but I've gotta say those charts have ALWAYS been wrong with me, including many I've looked at with this pregnancy. Weird that this one is different.

I'd have to say my boobs are pretty much the same size. The left one might be ever so slightly bigger, but if so it's not very noticeable.

auroara78
April 10th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I have a bigger left boob!

Woot hooo, score one with the OWT! hopefully..... hehehe

auroara78
April 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
But...I don't much like that gender chart you gave us wantingason, said this one was a boy hehe, but different chinese gender charts have been about 50/50 for me! And the ones that say this one was a boy said my boys were girls, so maybe it's right in opposite land!

wantingson
April 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
But...I don't much like that gender chart you gave us wantingason, said this one was a boy hehe, but different chinese gender charts have been about 50/50 for me! And the ones that say this one was a boy said my boys were girls, so maybe it's right in opposite land!

did u get an confirmation from the u/s yet. This chart told me boy.. & told me girl for my daughter aswell.

my left boob is way tooo bigger than my right ... i am hoping for a boy. when i was pregnant with my girl , my right bigger than left.

i am sick all the time. with my girl i was barely sick,

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I find out in 10 days.

Mochagirl
April 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm officially stalking you, auroara! :HH:

Zivic-Bubac
April 15th, 2012, 02:30 PM
my left boob is way tooo bigger than my right ... ,Yep, my boobs are huge ( at least DH is happy :rolleyes:) left is obviously bigger then right, so OWT works for me...the only hope: I'm carrying low lol!

wantingson
April 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Yep, my boobs are huge ( at least DH is happy :rolleyes:) left is obviously bigger then right, so OWT works for me...the only hope: I'm carrying low lol!

Zivic, In some sites i have seen the opposite of this. If Left is bigger then u r expecting a boy.

AT my daughter pregnancy my right was very bigger than left.

Ohh these OWT....

Zivic-Bubac
April 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Zivic, In some sites i have seen the opposite of this. If Left is bigger then u r expecting a boy.

Cool! I like this prediction much better! :agree:

momto4boyz
April 25th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Zombie thread, but I noticed my boobs are already tons bigger ..never had that before. And super sore. Crazy if this OWT is true for me.