PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Girls Gender Selection on Sunrise this morning

4BOYS
April 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Hi Girls , i am just watching sunrise and it said that coming up they are asking if we should have the right to choose the sex of our baby here in OZ , i think there is a family coming on also who have done it or about to , im wondering if it is the same lady who was on 60 mins , it should be on soon im sitting here waiting !

Regrow
April 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I missed the beginning but it was about a gay couple in San Francisco who have boys and now they want a daughter. A Dr in Australia who is an author and commentator is also included in the discussion and she disagrees with GS. May be available to view online later on the Channel 7 Weekend Sunrise website.

4BOYS
April 7th, 2012, 09:36 PM
the gay couple are actually from the UK where it is banned, so i think they are in the US having the treatment done now ,i think the subject is starting to get alot of airtime here at the moment i hope it continues , i actually wrote an email to the lady from the health ethics in regards to her interview on 60 mins and how we should be alowed to do it here , part of her response made me think that it would be up for review again unless i read it wrong

There are important links between the cloning and human embryo research legislation and the NHMRC's ART Guidelines. The NHMRC ART Guidelines will be reviewed following the completion of any legislative amendments passed by Federal Parliament in response to the legislative review governing cloning and human embryo research. This will be undertaken in order to be consistent with any revisions to the cloning and human embryo research legislation that Federal Parliament may pass. The issue of sex selection for non-medical reasons will be a topic for debate at this time. Regrettably, there is currently no formal timeline for this review.