PDA

View Full Version : So unfair!!!

Coccinelle33
April 8th, 2012, 10:28 PM
So these friends of ours came over tonight for Easter and she has a son from one daddy (7), a daughter from another (3), and then another daughter (6 months) from another. She drinks things like carbonated water, crystal light, and drinks A LOT of beer. She's over weight and smokes sometimes but she eats a ton of meat and a lot of fast food. Het diet is def not very girl friendly. Tonight she had steak and a hamburger with chips. I held the baby all night. Of course I was sad. It kills me. It just always makes me wonder why some people get what they get.

hopingforsaskia
April 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I don't have anything profound to say, but I do want to say I know what you mean... :shrug:

TTC5
April 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I completely understand that feeling xx

dramabird
April 8th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Ditto, my friend. Ditto!

Coccinelle33
April 9th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Just wanted to say sorry for this post (or lack there of lol). I just sit back sometimes and wonder how some people get girls or boys when their diet/life doesn't really reflect their children's gender. It makes me crazy sometimes. This girl was actually really wanting a boy with her last and still wants another boy. Her 3 year old was telling me "I want a baby brother". It funny how things work sometimes.

hopingforsaskia
April 9th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Ah don't apologise.. I've been trying to work out how a person I know (won't call her a friend..) on FB who is a drinker, fat and slovenly (which is the *nasty* kind of fat - not just lovely and plump :wink: ) and has 2 boys and is now pregnant with a girl.. she did it by accident!!! B*tch!! haha It's just hard to take sometimes, cos we're a lot more involved and won't necessarily get what we want so desperately, while those who don't even try or keep "accidentally" having kids have what we desire...

I think I've just type-rambled... :rolleyes:

Lassie1982
April 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Ah don't apologise.. I've been trying to work out how a person I know (won't call her a friend..) on FB who is a drinker, fat and slovenly (which is the *nasty* kind of fat - not just lovely and plump :wink: ) and has 2 boys and is now pregnant with a girl.. she did it by accident!!! B*tch!! haha It's just hard to take sometimes, cos we're a lot more involved and won't necessarily get what we want so desperately, while those who don't even try or keep "accidentally" having kids have what we desire...

I think I've just type-rambled... :rolleyes:

I think we all know one of those ... i have a 'friend' (DH is friends with her DH, she wouldn't be a friend of mine by choice)
Smokes like a chimney, consumes more alcohol then then an entire village does in the UK, throughout BOTH her pregnancies. Her second pregnancy, baby was measuring far below half way through, dr's warned her to stop the smoking and drinking otherwise she would risk losing the baby, and she STILL wouldn't give up the smokes.
It made me so angry, i feel like I'd give an arm to be pregnant with a DD, and when she was pregnant with one she couldn't even be bothered to stop smoking for the health of her child.
I'll hop off my soapbox now....

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to say sorry for this post (or lack there of lol). I just sit back sometimes and wonder how some people get girls or boys when their diet/life doesn't really reflect their children's gender. It makes me crazy sometimes. This girl was actually really wanting a boy with her last and still wants another boy. Her 3 year old was telling me "I want a baby brother". It funny how things work sometimes.

There may be legitimate reasons which you can read about in this essay http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/9736-how-many-attempts-should-i-do-when-pink-blue.html but a lot of these reasons ruffle very nice people's feathers and are sometimes best left undiscussed. :/

We have some pretty intriguing data that indicates single moms who have kids by several partners are more likely to have girls. Charles Darwin himself actually studied this and even 150 years ago it seemed to be true. There are PLENTY of exceptions to this and most of the girl moms I know are in very committed relationships - I don't want there to be any generalizations made, it's just a tendency and in no way a guarantee.

Hey, if you look at my "sway" DH and I did a lot of awful, awful things (which of course I never would have done if I had known I was going to conceive that month) and the result was a girl. My planned pg where I was super careful and doing everything "right" were all boys (but I know of tons of moms who want sons and got daughters who did the same). I'm not sure "deserve" or "fair" enters into the equation - our bodies conceive the child they "think" has the best shot at survival and that's it.